3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

X-DREAM"WE INTERFACE" G+/Solstice 2004

kayak

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 4, 2004 16:34
That's the problem after many time listening all the same formula music in parties and at home as a good costumer : when somebody do something different, you don't know what's the point... "what is this? trance? techno? electro? What is this cover? Rock band? looks like they love themself! I can see Ian's shoes, it's expensives ones, it's not good for Trance spirit, etc..." What the hell we care about this! This is simply music and the matter is it good or not!
I'm glad that X-dream offer us something different everytime.
This album is like The Wall after Dark Side of the Moon.

Opinion is something between knowledge and ignorance.
Wireless Reciever

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 4, 2004 18:17
Great album!, i love it, i think to much tecno for me.. but great production and cool ideas... keep doing that great work           ---
::: Kreth ::: Neural Interface
www.ajucaproductions.co.uk
scobbah
Kiriyama

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Nov 5, 2004 13:51
This album is by far one of the top 3 albums of 2004. It's simply splendid, gosh they've put on some cool work and developed their sound into a new dimension, blending electro, techno and some industrial trancy touch with those vocals upon it. I just love their new stuff, as well as those tracks on the album that has more of their previous X-Dream touch. A definite must-have in the record collection if you ask me.

Thanks X-Dream for still being innovative and still keeping up with your own thing!
Nuxx

Posted : Nov 7, 2004 16:34
I think you can describe new X-dream album as a breathtaking innovate album that doesn't follow the usual standards of the Psy scene. it escapes the usual cliche of the same sounds and structures.Some electro and techno bumping along with fullon.
This could be bad,depending on the innovation route.take IM for example.Not this one.If anyone calls "We Interface" cheesy,is lying.If anyone calls "We Interface" bad and outa date should be hanged.
Personally this album take me to a journey soo damm deep that reminded me (i am sorry for the similarities in my mind) of "Project Genesis" by MFG some years ago.
This is an album to be loved and hated.I am just loving it.Am i am sure i will listen to it 4 or 5 years from now.and definately will be a cult album.I am betting my money on it.
The production is on a superb standard.
Along with Juno reactor's "Labyrinth" the release of the year so far.

SO GET IT ASAP... 10/10           "Just someone who loves a good sound session"

http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/nuxx
http://www.download.com/nuxx
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 8, 2004 10:25
I have now listened to the CD a few times and I have a very hard time understanding how people would ever consider this groundbreaking. Yes the production is clear and very polished but in my opinion not that amazing to be called innovative, groundbreaking ect. It's a ok production. The effects and sounds have been used many many times before. I lack something truely new here!
The music is not "fresh"in my opinion but borrowed from various sources of original and truely groundbreaking music dating back to the early 80's and forward!

If deep basses, a few scratchy sounds and a few breakbeats combined with computervoices partly taken from a Macintosh computer (voices that's been used on Mac's since Mac OS version 8.5) makes X-Dream groundbreaking then I am sorry to say our scene, or should I say the people involved in the scene?, indeed lack a basic understanding of the term groundbreaking!

I deffinently prefer X-dream's earlier work where it's obvious they still had something unique over them. And something to say!

In my opinion they now stand out as a band that maybe should take a little break and seek other inspiration instead of trying to create something "spetacular". It's crystal clear to me that if their intention was to be "groundbreaking" they failed big time with this new release.

As a final note so there's no confusion. I have nothing against the CD. I even like a few tracks. But a more balanced down to earth view of their new release would be nice. Maybe 1% of todays releases can be categorised groundbreaking. This CD is certantly not among that 1%
Wonderland Keeper

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 9, 2004 23:59
Simply I don't like it. For me it is not psytrance, it is as many people says a mix of breackbeat and techno with a bit of "psy sounds" inside.

I hope after that, people who like this album and critiquise full on,,, well, don't have words.           ::: Let's all find our way to realize the greatness of the universe...
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Nov 12, 2004 15:16
You can talk long and hard about this, but it comes down to the simple fact that this is more techno than psytrance and to me it has nothing to do with the psytrance scene anymore. And if it was any good then I'd let them get away with it, but this isn't even any good at all!! Electro shit mixed up with extremely uninspired Midi Miliz droning pieces... Is this new?? Is this innovative?? NO!!!!!! This cd simply isn't worth the money. What's on offer here has all been done before (and better) by other acts. Hell, if it comes down to electro I'd sooner buy a new Kraftwerk album than this piece of shit. And that's saying something! What a waste... And then to think X-Dream once delivered good tracks like Zebra, Radio etc. Oh well... I'm off to look for something that still resembles psytrance.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Nov 12, 2004 18:11
in the end , what is obvious by reading many of these reviews, is that whatever they can say ,people like formated music...
when the music doesn't really fit anymore in their own case of their own definitions of music , then it's an heresy , "it s not psytrance anymore" ...
u got it all kayak
to me, tracks such as the 1st, quantum lab, x ray eyes, are totally insane & psychedelic and sound totally as psytrance to my ears... test them on a big sound system and u 'll see...
so u may like this album or not for various reasons, but we should stop labelising and coding the music as it's far to be the less subjective way to judge an album... music is just music ,we should take it as it comes and not how we would like it to come...
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Nov 12, 2004 18:24
I agree. But the point here is that X-Dream always made psytrance and now suddenly strayed from that path. And it is really stupid to see that people bitch about Infected Mushroom turning commercial, while compared to this mindless pumping Infected sound almost as psytrance as Orichalcum did way back in the day...
olivier
Side-A

Posted : Nov 12, 2004 18:35
but x dream always tried to do something different from album to album, from goa to psytrance, to psytechno etc... so why not open their musical skills to larger horizons ?
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 13, 2004 12:23
Quote:

On 2004-11-12 18:11, Side-A wrote:
in the end , what is obvious by reading many of these reviews, is that whatever they can say ,people like formated music...
when the music doesn't really fit anymore in their own case of their own definitions of music , then it's an heresy , "it s not psytrance anymore" ...
u got it all kayak
to me, tracks such as the 1st, quantum lab, x ray eyes, are totally insane & psychedelic and sound totally as psytrance to my ears... test them on a big sound system and u 'll see...
so u may like this album or not for various reasons, but we should stop labelising and coding the music as it's far to be the less subjective way to judge an album... music is just music ,we should take it as it comes and not how we would like it to come...

Not really true dude. I am very opneminded to a lot of music. But again i have to point out that this CD is not unique or something spetacular. It's ordinary and a failed attempt to do something new. Yes it's different from Full On but that does not make it good!
olivier
Side-A

Posted : Nov 13, 2004 12:31
for sure !! this is your point of vue and i respect it! all i was saying is that it's better to base our opinion on what's inside this album , rather than judging it because it doesn't fit to the psytrances codes or clichés anymore...
Nuxx

Posted : Nov 13, 2004 16:44
Quote:

On 2004-11-13 12:31, Side-A wrote:
for sure !! this is your point of vue and i respect it! all i was saying is that it's better to base our opinion on what's inside this album , rather than judging it because it doesn't fit to the psytrances codes or clichés anymore...

Yay...enough said           "Just someone who loves a good sound session"

http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/nuxx
http://www.download.com/nuxx
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Nov 13, 2004 18:26

This is not Psy-Trance, its something else, a mix of some electro styles. To be honest i dont like the album, i dont find it inovative, or groundbreaking...

Must say the production is amazing, very clear... But what does this album has to make people dancing? For me... nothing, but i respect ppl who like the album of coarse

Peace
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Nov 13, 2004 18:47
what are you kidding.. while listening to this i don't get side tracked with thoughts such as "jesus fucking christ i've heard this freaking bassline in about 4 thousand 3 hundred and 23 other tunes" or "i wonder how long it took to come out with that 4 key melody.." or so..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - X-DREAM"WE INTERFACE" G+/Solstice 2004
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance