5.Ultratube 143 bpm
6.Quantum Lab 138 bpm
7.Virus 143 bpm
8.Distressor 140 bpm
9.Slim Drum 138 bpm
10.X-Ray Eyes 133 bpm
11.The 1st (FLUKE remix) 90 bpm

X-Dream’s new album is finally out!
Prominent, shocking and groundbreaking masterpiece, featuring new X-Dream’s member Ariel on the mic.

“nano technology, cyronic suspension
dna mapping, clonning a human
mutant cybernetics, merging man and machine
euphoric neural nets vs. synthetic logic regime”

The finest post-trance as a conceptual musical art?
YES!
From electro and full-on psy-trance to breakbeats and techno, all in one, one for all!

Starting with the “the 1st”an electro-trance anthem setting the mood of the album and opens it with its funky and catchy groove to spread the message: X-Dream are Back! The future is right Now!
And the chorus:
We are the first of cyber- evolution
We are the first to program your future
We are the first, We are the last...
Then comes the title track ”We Interface”- straight and concrete dancefloor threat, with perfect melody to interface your bodies and brains with its extremely rocking synth riffs and craftily layered vocoded voice of Ariel keeps on singing:
“Information streams
Simulating dreams
Interactive mind-control
Systematic overflow!!!”

“Superintelligence” keeps the dancefloor feeling setted by previous one and its kind of rhythmic bass massage, upping the bpm with its propulsive beats and the Space FX, growing like tsunamiover and over with its irresistible percussions and keeping this solid “pleasure from the bass “ so hot! After comes “Try to Save Your Song” and its enforcing this dancefloor effect even more and proves itself as super-uplifting, danceable synth-slam anthem. Then “Ultratube” keeps the album’s motion to flow at 143 beats per minute before the already well known “Quantum Lab” that brings the vocals back and calms the things before another storm is taking over :“Virus” !!!full on quirky and psycho-delicious banging ripper! Next is “Distressor”- a massive techtrance vortex, this minimal gorgeous drum kick that hits you straight into your heart band, right after ”Slim Drum” continuing this turbo blast spinning bass attack and brings us to the"X-Ray Eyes" another electro anthem where even Marcus and Jan are joining to ariel and all them 3 singing together about:
x-ray eyes
x-ray eyes are electric
x-ray eyes
x-ray eyes analyze
x-ray eyes
x-ray eyes strike the target
x-ray eyes
x-ray eyes read your mind

(change "ray" for "dream" and "eyes" for "guys"and you will have X-Dream guys:)sounds like a new X-Dream hymn!:)

.....and its where the album comes to its end with an excellent remix of ”The 1st” by legendary and highly acclaimed UK’s electronic act FLUKE –spaced out downtempo groover spiced by cinematic electro-breakbeats and spaceship onboard sounds. Tasty!

Music remains to be on the edge of time and X-Dream proves that the ultimate crossbreed between psy-trance, techno, breaks and electro works simply amazing!
Especially today when trance has gotten somewhat stale, Lost in a sea of Goa with its stack of the “Full On formula” followers, using the same keyboard preset sounds and copy/paste sequencer tracks method that made most trance of today regrettably interchangeable.

MOST INNOVATIVE AND IMAGINATIVELY PRODUCED ALBUM of 2004 IS HERE!
XDREAMLY LISTENABLE AND XDREAMLY DANCEABLE! DON’T MISS IT!

PLATINUM TRANCE!MAKING HISTORY!

www.boshkebeats.com
www.myspace.com/alextolstey
www.myspace.com/therockitmen
www.myspace.com/tripledistilled14
www.myspace.com/boshkebeats
Triplex
Triplex

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 15, 2004 18:41
not much to say here, this album blows my brain out! it is the BOMB considering its sound (audioengineering) and its content (music)

fav tracks :

1. the 1st : mind-blowing, fat sound and revolutionary lyrics ;)
2. we interface : oh god! fast electrotechnopsychedelic madness.. this track is happy with electro music like vocals
3.Superintelligence : fast dark and spooky midimiliz like track. can wake up the dead ones in a festival
6. quantum lab : two words : NANO TECHNOLOGY
8. distresser : techno techno techno
9. slim drum : another midimiliz-spirallianz like song - very phat

get it now!
i can imagine how this one will be considered 'classical music' in 3-5 years when -maybe- most of us will have been so tired from listening to psychedelic           http://triplex.trance.net
esu

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 15, 2004 19:56
Highly dissapointing album.
The use of the singer is just silly. Not only is the use of the "song"(more like she says words) much worse than alot of other groups like haldolium. But what she sings is just ridicilous. Alot of "cyber" words.
Maybe 4 tracks which I concider to be good.(nothing spectacular though.).
My friend described track 4 as "psyeurotechno" and I think it's a quite good description.
Oh well.. would like to write a full review but to sum it up. Bad use of voices, silly samples, sure they experiment with the styles but that doesnt make it good.
Looking forward to see them live again though. Hope they surprise me in a positive way after this dissapointment. They never failed me live yet.
I don't really like the idea of including a remix on a full album either.
If I would like something different from the ordinary psychedelic fullon styles I would rather go for Juno Reactor or Haldoliums new albums.
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Oct 15, 2004 20:19
indeed.."X-Dream’s new album is finally out!"

a gr8 album... x dream never disappoint me..

thanx x-dream ! keep it up

Cheers.
          "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
Lux
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 16, 2004 15:05
When you first listen to the album you expect to hear the classic X-Dream style, but...surprise!!! It's not!

If you've listened to the 1st ep then you probably have an idea of what to expect. This album is a fusion of electro, techno, psy-trance & breakbeats. In the beginning it sounds a bit...weird with all these diverse styles fused in one (especially with the vocals) and maybe a bit cocky if I may say, but after a few good listens you are gonna love it! The vocals, the breakbeats, everything blend in really nice and make this the album of its time.

Well done. A truly "advanced" album that crosses boundaries.

After all, if you look at the dictionary that's what "pioneer" means. And that's what X-Dream is...           Don't hope 2 much 4 something cause u may end up getting it...
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 16, 2004 16:00
it's out? where? don't see it on sale anywhere..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 16, 2004 16:39

I dont like this music, the voices are horrible

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 16, 2004 18:06
these are mp3 reviews? well other than the alex's one anyways? LAME           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Oct 16, 2004 20:42
Traveller: why is it lame?? the songs will stay the same being MP3 or original.. Im not saying people shouldn't by the CD when it comes out, but giving a review based on what you've heard is a good think i find.. no??

whats the deal?           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
fire_dance

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 00:20
This album is less innovative than "Irritant" was; it's still a crossover between trance, techno and some electro, with its beautiful moments, but this time it doesn't sound really fresh. I even thought of 'tech-trance formula', alas.. Seems like "The 1st/Quantum Lab" EP was the cream of this year's X-Dream. Generally the track selection is OK, I just didn't like 'We'll defeat everyone'-style "Virus". But again, they all have some touch of retro -- "Superintelligence" or "Distresser" remind of Spirallianz' sound, and "X-Ray Eyes"'s electro sounds like being released by the likes of Underground Resistance or Jedi Knights in late 90s.. I'd also mention here vocoders & connecting modem sample.

Still a must for any tech-trance-lover, but imo definitely not a classic like Atmos' album, f.e. -- I doubt many people would listen to it in a few years. This music goes 'straight to the dancefloor' - can't forget that brilliant The Delta/X-Dream live set @Transit fest, this is where it sounds at its best, good party (mostly E-oriented) with a perfect soundsystem.

Anyways I feel the guys still have a very big potential and I wish them to go through 'X-Dream myth' (self-obsessed album cover, "Virus" track etc) to the new & fresh 'cyberpunk' (sorry for the stamp word - hope it'll be a brand new trend) music.
Jikkenteki
Jikkenteki

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 01:18
Quote:

On 2004-10-16 18:06, traveller wrote:
these are mp3 reviews? well other than the alex's one anyways? LAME

I can't say for the rest of the world, but this album is already out in Japan and is available in all the major record shops. I bought my copy already.           New Album: Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity
Available for free at http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/jikkenteki-flights-of-infinity/
PAR-2 Productions http://www.par-2.com
Oscuro
Black Machine

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 01:21
OK i was really like a jonky to hear the new album of X-Dream and i am a bit disappointed.
the want the old x-dream style. it's killer.

steel this is ny fav tracks.
1. the 1st = nice Breakbeat track
2.Superintelligence = great freaky sounds.
3.Distressor = ohhhh this is X-Dream style.
4.Slim Drum = allsow great sounds techgroove.
5.Quantum Lab = the vocals sining sample is to much for me once in time it's ok but all the track vocal. well not all but man i have listen to it alote of time and there is a great great groove over there it's fucking it up with all the vocals ......
i really liked the Breakbeats tracks they are very good.
hope that X-dream will produce more really hard TECHTRANCE please..... (the delta)
P.s. Good Work and lot of love.
          Oscuro(Mechanical-Dragon.rec)
www.oscuro.350.com
www.myspace.com/oscuro
Prosper
Prosper

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 13:05
im very surpriced with album...
its something different what i expect from x dream, but like always, every new album is something new... this is may be the most different from usual x dream style. but i like it...           http://www.PROSPER-MUSIC.COM
http://www.myspace.com/prospermusic
http://www.stsmusic.org
Lux
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 13:34
Quote:

Dude because you haven't seen it on sale anywhere and you don't have it yet doesn't mean that the cd is not out or that some people don't have promos...

So don't rush into conclusions about "lame mp3 reviews"...It's really disrespectful.           Don't hope 2 much 4 something cause u may end up getting it...
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Oct 17, 2004 20:21
Quote:

So what? I wanna read reviews of the album BEFORE I buy it.          Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - X-DREAM"WE INTERFACE" G+/Solstice 2004

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance