2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

X-DREAM"WE INTERFACE" G+/Solstice 2004

Psyfrog

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 30, 2004 13:15
hi guys don't judge this hard.i think the production is great,may its not our taste but that's not all.

lets hope that the next x-dream release will be psy trance.

boom jose
thinman242

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 30, 2004 16:30
I like the style of new x-dream album. It's an old school electro-techno with a very good production and the vocoder voice reminds me legendary groups of electronic music like front 242-nitzer ebb.This kind of music is played and produced by Terence Fixmer miss kittin umek.I like that x dream release something totaly different from comparing their past albums, because that means that the guys open minded and not stuck in a style.
I like the dance floor tracks but my favored are the breakbeats.
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Oct 30, 2004 22:22
Alongside the Astrix-album, this is probably one of the biggest disappointments this year in my opinion – and with overused modem-sounds, horrible robot-vocals and cheesy lyrics the track "We Interface" is probably the worst track I’ve ever heard from Jan and Marcus.

Like most people already said though, the production is superb, and I completely agree – but good production doesn’t necessarily make a good album, and I disagree about previous statements claiming it to be a groundbreaking release – but of course taste differs

Luckily there are also bright points – mostly in the more Midi Miliz/Spirallianz-like tracks like the quite serious "Superintelligence" and the somewhat uplifting “Ultratube” - and at times in the previously released, and catchy "The 1st" and "Quantum Lab" the vocals don’t get totally on my nerves.

But overall it’s not nearly as good as expected. Of the later related stuff, I prefer the Spirallianz album "Stereopark", which I found to be much more "serious" and definitely more interesting.

6/10
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Oct 31, 2004 08:10
what's all the fuss about this album isn't the old irritant style?
when irritant came out people wondered about why it's not the old-old style (radio...)
so leave all the nostagie alone and judge the album by its music and not by your expectations from x-dream (style expectations)
          REHAB is for quitters
Andy

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 31, 2004 17:58
Quote:

On 2004-10-30 12:07, goa-ganges wrote:
Well, I've been to some shops and realised two things: first, their album is in the techno or electro stands, not in the trance ones. Second, they are not selling so well, their CD is somehow "hidden" among other less important releases.
Apparently, it's not only us who are disappointed with "We...". I think that the greatest problem is that X-Dream lost quality and trying to be creative they only got to create an album that is worse than the full-on plague you see these days.
First it was Astral with their shitty "Ten", now X-Dream, what's next? Once I kidded that someday we would see soon Skazi playing with Britney Spears...now I am starting to think about it seriously.
It's psy losing ground to poor, or lack of, creativity.

Peace and Love

Why not Skazi and Britney Spears?

Lack of creativity? I think this album is very creative.
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Oct 31, 2004 19:37
well after alot of listening
i think this is somthing difrent and finelly i here somthing diffrent in the trance sence and its not only trance it combine ectro and techno all toghter, x dream are origrnal always looking somthing new.
i love we inteface alot of power in that track
distress pure tech trance !
ultatube is also a good one
one of the best alboms in 2004 cant say in the trance but in the electronic music
akbal23

Posted : Nov 1, 2004 16:32
Terrible, terrible, terrible. Can't believe how much I dislike this album. Reminds me of techno-industrial music from 1990 - 1995.

Nothing psychedelic going on here. Vocals trying too hard to sound futuristic.

Sounds like they ran out of LSD.

I fully expected to love it making the disappointment even greater.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they do something different - I don't need them to produce music that sounds like all their other music for me to enjoy it. Innovation is crucial to the scene (and lacking.)

This album is separated from their other releases by how cheesy and amateurish it sounds. I weep for X-Dream.
Ohmem
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 2, 2004 15:47
Well, like everyone i was expecting this for a long time, and i must say i'm a little bit disappointed.
And the main reason is the vocals.
I like abstract trance music. I mean, music that you can build your own landscapes on. Lyrics tend to make you move in certain directions, and to focus on what is being said (or singed). And that makes me "snap out of my trance" and go "Huh, what is he/she singing?"
I have listen to it a couple of times, maybe i was not ready for this change, and with more listens i will begin to enjoy it. Maybe it's something that grows on you. The production is brilliant has always, but, after "Radio", "We created...", and "Irritant" i was expecting a lot more.
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Nov 2, 2004 15:53
I don't like a single x-dream album out there. In fact I think they are one of the most over rated artists in this whole fookin' scene along with cosma and a few others. And well lets not even get started with the monkey on the keys full on. So anyways I don't like their music. That changed at Transit when I saw their live. Now I've got the album and I've listened to it again and again and again and you know what, I FOOKING LOVE IT! It's one of the best albums released this year for sure, definetly goes to the top 4. This top four is about a billion times better than the rest of the stuff released this year and includes the following; Prometheus' Robot-O-Chan, Haldolium's Vanity And Happiness, Son Kite's Colours and now X.Dream's We Interface. Definetly going to re-review this one later with a few more chosen words..

I honestly cannot understand how some people don't like this album.. it's fucking brilliant           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Nov 3, 2004 12:46
this is a great album for many reasons... it offers something new, unique and really fun to a scene that is becoming rather redundant and well crap... trance as such has sucked recently, really really sucked, even twisted records have gone kinda crap... the only few labels trying to push anything were the techtrance labels such as Horns n Hoofs, Boshke Beats etc. The dark dirty stomping sounds coming out were/are a lot more fun and ther is a lot more use of old anologue sounds rather than the same damn Virus/Nord preset everyone else uses (Alien Project and clones take note, try experimenting a bit more next time)... so X-Dream present a great album that has some thumping dark dirty deep tracks, some electroish vocalised tracks that fit in quite well between psy dub and psytech and overall a new standard has been set... as to be expected not many like because they like their rehased GMS type crapola, but for once step outside the square and experience somehting fun and unqiue X-Dream are entirely what thise wholse scene is about, fun and experimentation with no selling out and no boundaries, they are a group that has always pusehd the boundaries and possibilites, and they aren't about to stop... by far the trance rlesease of the year for this munkey 10/10
rotorblade

Posted : Nov 3, 2004 14:14
I got this amazing piece of music.First of all what a cover,very good dizain!This is best album of 2004and 2003Information Streams in Music , power fullon new century trance this is true.This band is born to be wild.The sound engineering is top clas.
The vocals very good, the texts very actual.
Music is the best.Hope to see Marcus and Jan more and more around Holy Land this year,
i think its amazing.
No way out of my stereo.

lucidpicnic
Lucid Picnic

Started Topics :  132
Posted : Nov 3, 2004 20:46
Techno is the first word camoes to my mind when i see x-dream
haven't listened yet
even samples sound techno to me
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Nov 3, 2004 23:51
Quote:

On 2004-11-03 20:46, lucidpicnic wrote:
Techno is the first word camoes to my mind when i see x-dream
haven't listened yet
even samples sound techno to me

well you obviously don't lidten to much techno becuase traditional techn sounds nothing like this... I know some techno producers in Melbourne who listened to this, and the music is completely different.
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Nov 4, 2004 13:14
whatever most people seem to think and hear, this release for me has put the touch of psychedelia for me that was missing in quite some time
          `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Jeff
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 4, 2004 13:40
Quote:

On 2004-10-30 16:30, thinman242 wrote:
It's an old school electro-techno with a very good production and the vocoder voice reminds me legendary groups of electronic music like front 242-nitzer ebb.

I guess that's a very good summary. Perhaps a superb electro release (I don't know this musical scene enough to judge), the bad point for me being that I don't like this musical style !

Have a listen before buying it, my 2 cents...

J.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - X-DREAM"WE INTERFACE" G+/Solstice 2004
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance