Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..
← Prev Page
31 32 33 34 35 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..

MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:38
Saturday:

23-01: Chriss and Schippe
Nice set, but no structure at all imho.
In the beginning of the set they played Space Cat - H2O, and later on some Dark Kindzadza track, after which they played GMS - Spliffpolitics.
They're all nice tracks which I love to hear, but in this order, erhh...

I went to sleep early, and woke up for the Wrecked Machines live act.

Sunday:

09-10: Wrecked Machines live
He started off really good, all nice tracks, but the structure off the set wasn't good. The songs are perfect for a DJ set, but they contain to much breaks to hear em all in 1 hour. Also the intro's and outro's weren't mixed properly imo, which was done very good in the Psysex live act imo.
Also the sound system wasn't that good for the WM sound. A lot of the melodies weren't loud enough, because the sound system was mainly bass focused.

10-12: XP Voodoo DJ set
what I heard of it
was OK for a set at this hour of the day, compared to the other sets.

16-17: Intelabeam live
I expected a lot from him, but he didn't fill in my expectations. Maybe because it was allready 2 days of the same sound over and over again,I was dying for something different, and I was hoping he would play Power Puff, but he didn't.
Still a nice performance.

Again, I heard some other DJs , but none of them where really worth mentioning in my opninion. Don't get me wrong, most of the sets were good, but all too much the same, and the mixing skills were generally below average, for my taste.

I went to bed early, so I would be fit for the heavy munday. I had set my alarm on my cellphone at 7 in the morning, so I wouldn't miss Psysex. At some point during my sleep, I woke up, and was completely in panick, cause it was allready day, and I was hearing Psysex tunes!! Oh no!
I looked at my clock, and saw that it was only 6.30. So it was Edoardo who was spinnig these tunes, at very fast tempo actually.
I cursed him for doing that. No seriously, what makes you play tracks of an act that's playing after you???
Mixing skills were really OK as far as I could hear from my tent, and I began to get ready to go partying.
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:39
Etnica had played at night, which I didn't find the right time for them. Neither Nick, who was playing at Sunrise(?).

08-09: Psysex live
Ow yeah baby!
This was the best set after the Hallucinogen one if you aks me.
Killersound, well structured, and good mixed.
The Psysex climaxes are sometimes a bit disapointing, because instead of a melodic cimax, it falls back to the kick+bassline.
But hey, you guys know what you're doing, and your set rocked like hell.
Good one.

09-11: Infected Mushroom DJ set
I was really looking forward to hear Erez play some tracks, cause i heard them at Fullmoon Festival 2004, and there he played some oldschool Infected Mushroom tracks.
But no, only Duvdev touched the CD players, and instead of the announced 2 hours DJ set, he only played 1 hour.
That asside, this was the best DJ set of the festival. Technically and musically.
This guy sure got some DJ skills as wel.

11-12: Infected Mushroom live
Duvdev's singing was horrifying and ridiculous, and I knew almost every song they played. I hoped for some new stuff.
This was everything but an OK act, but Erez Netz has got some skills too if it comes to guitarplay. Man, he even played it with his teeth.
These guys have potential to become a big “mainstream” name like The Chemical Brothers & The Prodigy, but they really have to do something avout Duvdev’s singing before they will be taken serious if you ask me.

14-15: Hallucinogen live
I wasn't expcting real dancefloormusic.
The beginning was very expermimental, and offcourse, weird.
I saw some E munching ravers standing totally desoriented on the dancefloor, with a panick like look on their face "oh no, where's the happy music?". Hilarious.
The second half of it's live act was some of the best performances I ever witnessed. This was so fucking psychedelic, I can't describe this with words. At one point, I really felt I was experiencing a psychedelic trip. All the people on the dancefloor looked one, mentally and physically. Ordered chaos.
A guy was climbing on a pole to take a photograph of this moment, when the toiletcleaningtruck filled with shit had to cross the dancefloor. Hilarious again. This all on the mindboggling sounds of the GMS remix of Gamma Goblins. Perfect. This was truly the best act of the festival for me, and one of the best I ever saw.

15-18: Tristan live + DJ set
OK, but sometimes weird, and sometimes on the egde of being boring. But Tristan's energetic appearance at the stage makes up for that. He didn’t play a DJ set if I remember correctly, but his live act lasted 2 hours, which I think should be standard for a live act.
At the end of his live act, I noticed the right set of speakers was getting fucked up.
I rushed to the backstage to tell someone, but the guy which I told it to, just laughed at me in my face. “Are you a soundengineer mate?”. I said “No, but I know damn wel when Speakers are going to break down.” He stood there laughing at me, like what would I know.
A bit later the soundguy noticed it too, turned the volume down, and climbed upon the speakerset to check what was wrong.
This rude asshole which I told the speakers were getting fucked, really fucked up my day.
I was in an euphoric state of mind all day, but that asshole really got my mood down.

After that it there were some pinball DJ sets, but with lower volume.
First Gabe, Edoardo & The Entica dudes if I remember correctly, and later on between Edoardo, Gabe & Domestic, who finally made it to the festival it seems.
They should’ve stopped after Cosma – People On Hold imo, but instead they played some Electro tracks, which I don’t find a good choice to end a festival like this.
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:39
The food on the festival was mostly expensive, but it was really good. Some more shops with a larger variety in food would have been nice

I’ve put energy in writing this review, because I think this festival has the potential to grow to a festival with the status of Boom, Samothraki and VooV.
I would really like to come back to a second edition of this festival, so I hope that the organisation is open for critical comment (if I forgot something I’ll add it later).

All in all a fantastic festival. The Italian people of Capodimonte were I think the friendliest people I’v ever met.

Thanks alot for this great experience.

Bram
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 20:53
Quote:

14-15: Hallucinogen live
I wasn't expcting real dancefloormusic.
The beginning was very expermimental, and offcourse, weird.
I saw some E munching ravers standing totally desoriented on the dancefloor, with a panick like look on their face "oh no, where's the happy music?". Hilarious.
The second half of it's live act was some of the best performances I ever witnessed. This was so fucking psychedelic, I can't describe this with words. At one point, I really felt I was experiencing a psychedelic trip. All the people on the dancefloor looked one, mentally and physically. Ordered chaos.
A guy was climbing on a pole to take a photograph of this moment, when the toiletcleaningtruck filled with shit had to cross the dancefloor. Hilarious again. This all on the mindboggling sounds of the GMS remix of Gamma Goblins. Perfect. This was truly the best act of the festival for me, and one of the best I ever saw.

It always is man

He should get like a lifetime achievement award or something           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Shilayeh

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 21:30
gregoa im glad that you had a very good time obviously__ but can you tell us on which event eheheeeee /i wish you nice aftereffects           
one constant in life is change *_~
groovypato
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 03:26
Thanks for the review Mowgly!!!
Great one!!

Next Sonica i hope i can show up!!

boom
gregoa

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 10:17
THE SONICA. i was so happy that i not wrote this on the sonica file!!!! i m not coming back i think lol!
djAndras

Posted : Aug 13, 2005 13:50
This was an absolutely amazing superb festival One of the best.Big congrats to all the organisers.Loved the lake and the vibe was truly psychedelicious.I had a wonderful cosmic time.Infected mushroom sucked BIG TIME and sub 6 was a huge dissapointment but all the others were excellent especially Ans and Intelabeam who played some lovely music.Thank u we had a ball
dimension

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 16:53
I had a great time there me and my friends the best festival i ever had!! nice job guys..           keep on!!!!!
edoardo@neurobiotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 18:02
Finally I find some time to write some words here again, after all these crazy days.
I get chicken skin when I think about what we made and all the people I met during those 4 days of magical. I don't know if it's my feeling because I am so involved in this or if it truly was one of the best festival I have ever experienced....
Everybody was happy there, people, artists, police, people living in Capodimonte. Everybody came to thank us for what we did and I'm here to thank all of you for what U did and what U gave to us. THANK YOU GUYS!
U have been the best crowd I've ever seen, the dancefloor was so happy and colorful, people so friendly and smiley... I have no words and I am already looking forward to the next Sonica, counting days and already thinking how to make the next one better than this.
I want to especially thank Nano, Pedro and Miriam (you are so special guys, really love you), Nicola (Frolics), Toni and Mara (Deliria), the Goaspirit and Samjiva crews, the security guys, the sound system technicians (u made a wonderful job), the red cross people, the municipality of Capodimonte for thrusting us (the mayor spent hours on the dancefloor, he's a veterinary and he also came 2 times to help dogs who have been biten or had other problems just for the pleasure to help), my parents (they also spent hours on the dancefloor beside helping us in many things), the guys managing the bars (Gigi, Alberto, Giacomo, Alfonso), the police at the door for being so nice with us and the crowd and all the people who helped us when we had some problems.
Last but not least, all the artists who showed up and didn't act like a superstar, I will not make any name here, but you know who you are and how much I respect you guys, you will be with Sonica in the future...

Sonica started being a dream, it became true, now we want it to last forever.

Love you all, thank you again.

Edo

Edoardo @ Neurobiotic Records
http://www.neurobiotic.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/djedoardo

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/label/detail/1651/neurobiotic_records
kikas

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 18:22
i still have no words that can discribe what a GREAT festival it was           De genio e de louco todos temos um pouco,
Quanto mais louco estou mais genio sou

-------------------P.L.U.R.------------------
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 19:07
hi edoardo!!

thank you again for this! you did some great work for a festival starting for the first time.

one question left for me:

how did the people of capodimonte react on the festival? lots of people came up to and watched the crowd partying. if i could speak italian i would have asked the people about their thoughts and opinion, but unfortunately i can't speak italian.

could you tell us how the common citizen of capodimonte felt about the festival?

greets from germany

p.s.: besides the dancefloor i talked to schippe (organizer of german fullmoon festival) and even he said "people will talk about and remember this festival. it is so amazing and unbelievable". i think this is a very nice compliment.
go on sonica! all thumbs up for neurobiotic           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
VJ-Psilocybe

Posted : Aug 13, 2005 20:32
Quote:

On 2005-08-12 19:38, MoWGLi wrote:XP Voodoo, who I saw kicking a dog full frontal in the face by the way

Why like this XP Voodoo - You NASTY, HORRIBLE, LITTLE man
Peace to all living creatures
Hugs xxx
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 22:13
Quote:

On 2005-08-13 20:32, VJ-Psilocybe wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-08-12 19:38, MoWGLi wrote:XP Voodoo, who I saw kicking a dog full frontal in the face by the way

Why like this XP Voodoo - You NASTY, HORRIBLE, LITTLE man
Peace to all living creatures
Hugs xxx

Because the dog make him feel fat and ugly...it was a very fit dog.
It's not the dog fault man...
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 13, 2005 23:00
Thank you for the oportunity Edo...I will never forget it and yes...as far as I'm concerned that was the best festival I ever saw in my whole life.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..
← Prev Page
31 32 33 34 35 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance