Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..
← Prev Page
30 31 32 33 34 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..

zatitude
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 00:39
In my opinion the sound system was very adequate, even where we were camping we could hear good sound. Often the tendency is to put too much low end, its not needed. I think part of the problem Detox has is that it did not look big enough (its a new technology phased toroids or something like that)

Heres my pics, they are roughly in order and I try to capture the overall look and feel of the party.

http://www.entopia.org.za/travels/Euro2005/Sonica/Index.html
thebadtrip

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 03:25
I came all the way from Brazil for this one, am already back home working and bro.. nice few days off work.

Congratulations for the Sonica Crew.
Amazing party, international crowd, nice location, facilities, camping area, etc.

I can only complain about the TIME TABLES.

All the rest, top quality.

See you on the next one.           I challenge you live your dreams.
thebadtrip

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 03:26
Oh... my Sonica photos to share:

http://thepunkrocker.multiply.com/photos           I challenge you live your dreams.
#Soneca#
Trotter

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 04:05
What a festival !!!
Thankx Edoardo & Josko

Justin , Nova and of course ... the Fish and Chips Crew !!

Gratzie Mile !
Boom !
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 11:52
hi party people!

wowh! i just came back from italy and it was sooo great! thx allot to the sonica crew and thx to alle the nice people i meet there.
thx to infected mushroom ( the best live set i heard so far) and all other artists and performers and also the workers crew!
you can find pictures on the austrian trance site
www.goanet.at

thank you guys

ps: i lost a sony ericsson mobil phone k508i. maybe someone found it, please mail me. thx!

http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
SIMO

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 11:53
what a blast and in my home land...thank u very much to all the Sonica crew for such an amazing festival, it was the first one and i can't wait for the next one already...bring it on Italy!!
Anyway i had the best food i've never had and the best espresso thanks to Maria@Caffe Bellavista
The sound sistem was top notch and for me the highlights have been Pixel, Wizzy Noise and Tristan(what a set!!!)
...a big hug to everybody i've met during this fantastic sunny days and see u all next year!!...

PS: Good luck VOR in Brazil, we are going to miss u in London!!           SIMO
www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
www.fairytales-london.com
Tomos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 13:28
Anyone thinking the sound system needed to be bigger/better is mad. It was crystal clear and I've heard loads of 'em. Did anyone actually leave the festival? I walked to Capidemonte (25 minute walk to the local town) hired a Pedalo and went out into the middle of the lake and when the wind was low you could faintly hear the beats. Jesus, that was over 2 miles away I would guess. I didn't sleep for 4 days because the sound made my tent vibrate and I was up against the fence about 400m from the stage!

How about those playlists people?? Desperate to buy some choons from the saturday night and I have no idea what they were
dymons
Dymons

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 13:47

It was Great ! Beautiful people, atmosphere, site, quality
sound on both systems and Amazing music and visual artwork thanks to all of you for making it such an experience
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 15:08
I have heard great things about this festival... one to rival the likes of voov and boom! All the photos look great too. One thing is still needed to make me want to come next time.... some progressive grooves for the day time!

but well done to the SONICA crew for making such a high quality event. All the best for the next one!

http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 16:00
4 DETOX.Ai ai ai!I was preparing special pizza for you,and you never pass...why like this?:)
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 16:52
because he was totally naked, dancing 24/7 on the dancefloor           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
www.myspace.com/djpsychotrop
www.soundcloud.com/dj-psychotrop
www.facebook.com/psychotropamertume
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 17:11
i agree with glen.c
this looked like an amazing festival, wonderfull place and everything that goes on with that kind of festival (from what i heard)
please bring us some fat progressive for daytime next time, and i'm already reserving my plane tickets :)
gregoa

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:36
i never feel so many good vibes around me like that it was amazing!!!!! thanks for ever!!! i think this event will stay in each head for all the life!!! what a pleasure to see smile in all face!! i met more people like me in this festival than all the parties i could do in France whaou! and i'm also really proud that our french djs were really loved by everyone!!!! great!! i could write again and again but you feel what i mean i'm sure!!
a special kiss for all i met there "the man with big green glasses" thank you for all you do
and for those who want to dance and swim see you in morocco!! for the other if you want to see a good place to dance in france come in BLOIS the 16 17 18 of sept. we prepare you another magical dream
take care see you!!           we love trance in france!!!
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:37
My Sonica review:

Let me first say I'm writing this review because I had one of the best times of my life at this great festival, but there are some things I really would like to see being done differently, if there's a follow up to this magnificent festival.

We, my girlfriend an I, departed Wednesday morning @ the Charleroi airport in Belgium. On our plane were also some other nice Belgians, which was a nice surprise, since we weren't aware they would be on our flight.
After a very short but turbulent flight, we arrived at the Ciampino airport in Rome. From there, we al took the bus to the Termini station in the centre of Rome.

There we had our first Italian meal with Whizz and his Girlfriend Nele, at some kind of snackbar, because we just had to get pasta right away.
Then we took the train to Viterbo.
From Viterbo we took the bus To Capodimonte, where we stayed in a hotel for 1 night.

The room was really crappy and not that cheap, and the food was something I even wouldn't want to give to my dog, yuk.
Half an hour after we signed our contract at the desk, we heard that the festival camping would allready open that night.
That really fucked up my day, becuse if I would have known this before, I really wouldn't have stayed @ the hotel of horrors.
We went to bed at about 8 in the evening because we were so tired, and slept till 8 in the morning the next day.

We left the hotel after a crappy breakfast and started hitchhiking to the festival. We immediatly got a ride from a friendly Italian, who was also going to the festival.

We arrived at the location, and putted our tent up in the olive grove, thank god in a shady place.

Despite that it was 10 times less pretty and green as on the photo's on the website (but this was to be ecpexted), the whole site looked really awsome.

We ate some expensive and small portioned but good food at some of the shops, and had a nice but chilly night with some friends from Belgium and a nice British guy we met there.
The atmosphere at the festival was allready very relaxed and friendly.
We went to sleep at about 1 in the morning, and had a good night sleep in our tent, despite of our British cocaineloving and noisy neighbours.
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Aug 12, 2005 19:38
Fast forward to the musical part:

Let me first say that the timetable schedule was terrible, and in my opinion there should have been a lot more diversity in the line up. It all sounded a bit the same to me. Some quality progressive and some quality melodic full on (not totally bass minded) would have been very nice imo.
The sound system lacked power. All sounds were clear, but it didn't have that full sound. A bit too bass focused and to little on the melodies, but if you stood in the middle, a bit to the back, it was allright. I think small speakers like that can never reach the same full sound which big speakers do reach.
Offcourse, is the soundsystem allows it.

Friday:

18-20: Tikal live
They started half an hour late I think, and the beginning was too chill to start a festival like this imo.
I first didn't think it was a good idea to let Tikal start the Festival, and they are more afternoon material if you aks me, but it turned out pretty nice.

20-22: Marchello DJ set
Started really good, but then lost my interest after playing some songs from Pixel & Intelabeam etc., who were scheduled later on on the line up.
I don't like DJ sets containing songs that for sure are going to be played by a live act, or even a DJ, later on at the same fest.
It's not nice to them, and to the crowd imo.

22-23: Pulsar live
XP Voodoo, who I saw kicking a dog full frontal in the face by the way, shame on you, said in front, that there weren't going to be "any low quality weird live acts". Well, this was a border case, allthough I like such an act from time to time.
But this was real afternoon material!!!
It had a realy proggy thouch, and really didn't fit in here, so the danceflooraction took a break.
His last song I really liked. It had a sample with a women's voice saying "come with me". The sample thing was a bit overdone, but it’s a Really good track.

23-01: Meko DJ set
Not bad but not that good either.
Nothing special imo. Not much structure in the set.

01-02: Domestic live
Domestic didn't show up as for as I know. I couldn't find any info anywhere! The info point was closed(?) and nobody knew what was going on. So instead Meko played till 2.

02-04: Marios DJ set
This guy started with a Techno track, or at least a techo alike Psytech track. Really out of place here if you ask me. I left after half an hour, pissed off because I didn't see Domestic and because I didn't find any info about why and when he would be playing. You should inform people if an act is cancelled or delayed.
If I would have know in advance Domestic wasn't comming, I would have gone to bed a lot earlier, so I would have had the chance to see X-Noize.

12-13: Loopus In Fabula live
Another "low quality weird live act" if you ask me, but again, I liked it.

I’ve forgot some other DJs I'v seen this day, but none of the where really worth mentioning in my opninion. The structure of a set is something no DJ cares about these days, or at least not in the way I think a set should be structured. The music was too much of the same thing, but is still was very good.

Also, Silicon Sound would have been better to open the festival imo than to play at 10 at noon.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..
← Prev Page
30 31 32 33 34 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance