Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..
← Prev Page
29 30 31 32 33 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..

zatitude
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 13:47
We can only speculate the gate to around 8000 but it was a matter of quality not quantity, never crowded and a smile on everyones face.
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 15:30
My pictures from the festival is out on:

http://www.chilltriberecords.com/gallery

Enjoy!

PKS           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 16:30
nice piks           ...
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 18:06
back in reality!

this party was REALLY awesome guys!

big thanks to eduardo for establishing such a festival.

the soundsystem was perfect, the locations of the floors were choosen wisely.

and if you weren't there you probably missed the best partyshowers ever. thanks for the concrete basement, very nice idea!!!

the view on the lake was one of the best ever seen, lots of smiles with that one. nice break and lots of power regeneration when you could walk down to the lake and refresh yourself there and come back re-energized.

also the police was very nice and didn't stress a lot.
have you ever seen smiling police men guarding you over the street so you don't get run over by cars?

and thanks for the best festival-pizzeria the world has ever seen

only minor points for criticism:

- next time care for better water supply in the caravans area (downstairs at the entrance)
- please build at least a small stairway to the top, the way around was really hard in the heat and after lots of dancing
- how about a little bit more blacklight decoration in the chillout? (sound system was great!)
- use the color laser more often

altogether we all hope there will be another sonica to join.

thanks to all the people who kept on smiling,
and thanks to all the artist who really played some of the best sets ever heard! see you again at boom or another festival           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
virgouil

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 18:55
Same as the-hq, a superb festival with a very professional organisation!!! It was EXCELLENT!
The only thing I missed is : some PROG Djs…… the main Lack!!! Thing about that for 2007 (a Jaia live would have been perfect!)
But we spent so good times with our friends and others…. all things were joins together to spend marvellous time!!!
Thanks to all SONICA / NEUROBIOTIC team for your good job!!!! We’ll come back for next one!
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 10, 2005 22:59
Overall a great festival - good sound & facilities, great showers, entertaining food pizza & pasta vendors (the food & friendliness made up for the stoned randomness!), nice crowd & great location. The main stage music was pretty much spot on all weekend - though I think Loopus on sat lunchtime were my fave act - how groovey were they?

I've *never* understood Infected Mushroom - but they went down well - so fair enough ... (but personally I thought they were rubbish...)

I was a little disapointed with the chillout area - it was bit lacking in decor and the layout never quite worked - but I saw some great sets from Ott, Tripswitch, Nick Interchill, Gaudi and of course Youth & Simon Posford - anyone who plays Age of Love on the last night is ok with me!

So well done to the organisers - a great job and one to build on for the future

Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 14:13
Quote:

On 2005-08-10 18:55, virgouil wrote:
The only thing I missed is : some PROG Djs…… the main Lack!!!

couldn't agree more

otherwise as all said here,real good orginization by the crew,especially considering its the 1st fest in italy.

arivaderchi
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 16:51
After 7 days in Italy i returned from Sonica Festival and thought i should post a review about the whole experience.

Place : Great place ideal for a festival (apart from the lack of shadow for campers),i very much enjoyed the fact that the party area was on the top of a small hill giving you a nice view of the whole area plus providing you with a cooler temperature during the day even at the late morning hours,little cold at night but was preety fine about me.I had no problems at all with the dust since the day before the festival it rained a little causing the surface to become much better for a dance festival.Only small minus for me was the fact that you had to walk a little bit from the entrance before reaching the main stage,but how can you expect a nice view if you dont first climb the hill?Stages well placed and areas well seperated.Very big minus the fact that the main stage was not higher as it should be in my humble opinion,people love to see the artists and dj's from every place of the main stage but this time the main stage was lower than it should be. 8/10

People : Around 6500-7000 people attended this great event according to the organisers words.The festival was full of happy and beatiful faces with the girls stealing the show,never seen so many nice looking girls in an event before.Everybody was friendly and helpful,nice also to see the variety of ages and nationalities,you could see people of any age from 18 to even 60+ and meet people from every country of the world from Italy and Greece that were the majority there to France,Germany,Hungary,Israel,Usa,UK,Turkey,Lebanon,Spain,Mexico,Austria,Belgium,Denmark,Sweden,India,Australia and many many more.Only minus the fact that the people never seemed really excited on the dancefloor,at least at the hours i was there. 9/10

Music : I went to Sonica looking forward to listen to Silicon Sound,Etnica,Wizzy Noise,Psysex,Wrecked Machines and Hallucinogen but i only managed to listen to two of them which were Simon Posford and the Wizzy guys.Though the line up of the event was impressive the timetable was very bad scheudled according to mine and many other people's opinion and even artists.I mean having Domestic playing a dj set on the first day of the festival in 1 in the night while he plays morning music is a bad selection,also having SIlicon Sound so late in the morning (10-11) was a bad selection too when you could easily change his scheudle with Du Serena who played from 8-10.Same with Etnica and Psysex who should change hours on the last day.Anyway i guess this is tottally a matter of taste.So back to the music part i will just give a feedback to the artists and dj's i heard.

TIKAL nice opening for a festival with different psychedelic music than the usual full on stuff most artists produce today,just one minus for the French guys,too many ideas borrowed from other artists out of the psy trance world.

MARCHELLO didnt pay much attention to this dj set due to the fact that the music sounded too repetitive to me,not my style of music.

MARIOS i am sorry to say that for my friend Marios but this was one the worst dj sets of the festival in my humble opinion,the music seemed out of place and specially after he played Cosmovision by Biotonic (which was the best tune in his set if you ask me) the rest of the tunes were really really bad and thats probably why noone seemed to really dance to them.Better lack next time mate.

STRIDER nice live perfomance,i very much enjoyed the second half of it and the last two tracks were really great,keep an eye on this artist.By the way this is the one half of Lotus Omega no?

ANTARO the German legend started a magnificent set but after the first hour the music became little repetitive and i got tired so i decided to go back to my hotel for a good sleep.Good overall set though.

PSYCHOTROP one of the best dj sets of the festival with great music all around,i very much enjoyed the energetic though atmospheric and melodic set of my French mate,thumbs up and keep it like this in the future.

VOR good music BUT me and my friends had that feeling that some tracks included in the set were mp3's in very low quality,at least thats what we realised by the quality of the sound,please correct me if i am wrong and accept my deepest apologies on the subject.Overall the music part was on my taste and preety much enjoyed it.

WIZZY NOISE i didnt liked the beggining of their live act (i expected something more groovy or atmospheric maybe) but after that the guys rocked the whole place with Aegean Sunrise being the ultimate highlight of the festival with the people freaking out on the stage and fireworks exploding in the air.Their new remix on Silicon Sound and Jaia unreleased track Oblivion was just superb.

JOSKO i dont know who this guy is but he is a great dj with great music selections and preety nice mixing skills.One of the very pleasant moments in Sonica Festival,more info on him are welcome.

SHANE GOBI for me the ultimate dj set of the festival,intelligent music selections and solid mixing skills establish the founder of Alchemy Records as one of the very best djs around.Thumbs up for this guy.

DUVDEV a great dj set with nice selections and mixing skills,very much enjoyed the melodic tracks.

INFECTED MUSHROOM i am not a big fan of their music but their live perfomance is really great,maybe a little bit more guitar sound than i can handle but it was ok i guess.Just like a friend said to me 'their music is only to be played and performed by them and noone else' and i tottally aggree with him,if i was a dj i would never play one of their tunes but their live perfomance is a unique experience,for me the best live act of the festival plus the people love them.

ALTOM right music in the right time,nice powerful and melodic though at times repetitive,with a little bit more innovation this group can climb even higher.Nice to hear them live for the first time.

SUB6 ok now this is a strange situation here.I dont know who this MC guy was but he really ruined half of the live perfomance of the famous israeli duo,he was out of place and time if you ask me.Fortunately after he left the stage the guys gave a solid perfomance which i very much enjoyed.Just get rid of that MC guy and focus on your music guys.

HALLUCINOGEN well not much to be said about the master,original and innovative music plus a stage appearence that creates magic all around,one of the best times of the festival.

TRISTAN wow his dj set was just amazing and stage appearence second to none,the uk man is one of the best djs around and he proves it every single time.My total respects for him.

Overall i will give a 7/10 to the music part at least for the artists i heard.

Facilities : Very nice facilities,many and clean toilets,nice showers,water points,first aid tent and fire department vehicle,nice and big bars with no queues at all,many chaishops and food shops,massage places,trance shops with cds,clothes and various accessories.Only minus the small parking area that was not enough for the ammount of cars that turned to the festival and the fact that no shade was available for most of the campers. 8/10

Organisation : This was a very well organised festival,good security,no problems in the entrance,organisation people all around to help you,no problems with the artists and the facilities promised and most important of all the full help of the local people and authorities,i mean the attitude of the police authorities towards the party people was just amazing they protected the event and even helped the road traffic near the festival,thumbs up for the local polizia and carabinieri. 9/10

Sound : The soundsystem was crystal clear BUT lacked a lot in power if you ask me,i mean for such a big festival you need obviously a bigger soundsystem that will also help the vibe of the party,the fact and only that i was sitting next to the speakers and having a conversation with my friends shows clearly that more sound was needed. 6/10

Decoration : The structure in the main stage was very nice,the lights and laser were also very good,the projectors really cool too.I expected some more things though like some big banners and some extra decoration structures for example. 7/10

So thats all i guess.

Overall i would rate this festival with 8/10 sincei love number

On this part i would like to thank Edoardo,Antonio,Kaio,Patricia and the rest of the organisers for this lovely experience.

Greetings go to Silicon Sound (keep producing great music my friend),Psychotrop and DJ Kaa (sorry we didnt spend much time together),Joti the bafsketballer,Loic from Total Eclipse,Marios from Samothraki,Wizzy Noise,Danger from Procyon Records,Thanasis from Harmonia Records and the rest of the gang,Meko (italian food rules),Filipos at the Greek Chai Shop,Fotis Elf and his girlfriend,Angelo Mentalab,Iraklis Mindphaser and Giannis,lovely Myrto who finally managed to take a photo with Duvdev,all the Greek people i met and specially the guys from Corfu and the people who bought Sonica tickets from me and just popped to say hi,the Frenchman that throwed water to me all the time with his waterpistol,the beatiful girls of the festival,Felipe and Kahel from Portugal,Anna Maria at Carrozza D'Oro Hotel,Giancomo at La Cavalla Restaurant the best in Montefiascone and his crew,everyone i forgot to mention and last but not least George and Ilias who followed me to this great festival.

P.S Italy has the best food and most nice looking girls in the world,i will marry an Italian girl for sure.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
The Kaa
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 17:23
Ahahah nice review Mike, I like though your personnal touch about sex and food, you're one of the kind! We keep in touch.           Out Now >> V.A "1001 Flights" (Air Snare recs)

Tribal Vision rec. | Air Snare rec.
Dvj | Producer | Label manager
www.thekaa.com | www.airsnare-records.com | www.tribalvision.cz
darkfairy

Posted : Aug 11, 2005 17:41
LOL in the name of all italian girls, thanks a lot for appreciation Detox...and glad you had a nice stay in our country
darkfairy

Posted : Aug 11, 2005 18:14
also - much respect to the neurobiotic's crew.
indeed.
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 18:50
Quote:

Quote:

Sound : The soundsystem was crystal clear BUT lacked a lot in power if you ask me,i mean for such a big festival you need obviously a bigger soundsystem that will also help the vibe of the party,the fact and only that i was sitting next to the speakers and having a conversation with my friends shows clearly that more sound was needed. 6/10

sorry my friend, but i absolutely do not concur with that one!

the soundsystem was clearly one of the best stereo sound systems available in this days.
it seems you never had the chance before to enjoy a soundsystem with a high quality.
good sound is determined by the clearity of the sound and the distance it manages to travel without putting shitloads of watts into it.
especially the fact that you could talk in front of the speaker is a sign that the soundsystem was of PERFECT quality.
High Volume does NOT automatically mean high quality!
inform yourself about the used D&B Q1 Line Array and read a bit about professional high end equipment.
there are too many parties out there that are trying to establish "good sound" by using high amounts of watts but the sound is still shitty.
the best thing that can happen to you is that you can dance for hours in front of the speakers, have a full blast and your ears don't start to hurt. and that was on the sonica.
you could easily dance your ass of in the center wave of the speaker (which was in the middle and at an approx range. of 10-20m) and not get deaf. as well you could still party in a distance of 100m because the basses were really dry and clean as they should be.
even down in the caravans area you could easily identify the songs played and not only hear the deeper bass frequencies.
for me having heard lots of soundsystems the system was AT LEAST a 9/10.
Compare it to Samothraki, the speakers were A LOT bigger and your ears started to hurt if you came closer than 30m (and yeah, i can stand quite high volumes...).
At sonica small compact speakers with a high output and great equalizer curves.

thank you eduardo for renting such a high quality sound system. i guess this one was really expensive, but it SURELY was worth the money!           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 18:55
Couldn't agree more with you the-hq.
It was the best sounsystem I've ever heard, both chill-out and dance floor.
And I've heard LOADS.

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
V.O.R
2HI

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 19:14
Quote:

VOR good music BUT me and my friends had that feeling that some tracks included in the set were mp3's in very low quality,at least thats what we realised by the quality of the sound,please correct me if i am wrong and accept my deepest apologies on the subject.Overall the music part was on my taste and preety much enjoyed it.

Ciao Detox!

Glad you enjoyed the music, mate... about the quality, I must say I dont have internet for the last 4 months and all the music I played I either bought it, got it from artists, djs or friends... so for sure, no mp3s in my case, cabron.

btw, really nice review... shame we didn't meet, maybe next time!!

congrats edo, josko and the whole sonica crew for such a blast!!!

I am still recovering from the party, might write a proper review in the upcoming days...

boooooooom

marcello           vor2hi@hotmail.com
http://www.neurobiotic.com
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 11, 2005 19:22
The HQ being a party organiser myself i have heard a lot of soundsystems but thats not the story anyway.Like i said the sound was crystal clear (we both aggree on that) but in my humble opinion more power was needed in order to excite the party people,i mean i could use some more woofers that would shake both the ground and me on the dancefloor.Anyway i guess its a matter of taste of how someone likes to hear his music,me i would prefer some more power.

V.O.R thanks for the clarification mate and accept my deepest apologies on the matter.Maybe couple of tunes (the unreleased ones) were not yet mastered or were given to you by other djs or artists in not so good quality thats why there was this difference in my ears between the rest of the tunes in your set.In any case i like your style and listening you was a pleasure,keep it like that mate.
Maybe we meet in another festival in the future who knows
          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: SONICA 2005 ITALIAN TRANCE FESTIVAL 5 TO 8 OF AUGUST 2005::..
← Prev Page
29 30 31 32 33 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance