Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 09:37
Quote:

On 2005-04-28 21:31, *Karma Cola* wrote:
@Mystic Messiah

True, the books that dont proclaim a certain destination as 'the' destination, but instead just shows you ways to make your journey easier. I would choose a book like that anyday over some highly recommended book that just says that this is this and that is that. Full stop! Not my cup of tea.

Ok, i have another interestin anecdote to share.

I routinely talk to one of my frnds about stuff like this, religious/spiritual and anything which sparks of debate.

here's one..

Talking about the holy books of different religions.
Lets see the Koran for example, My view is that it just seems odd that the scriptures were tweaked a few times. Errmm.. how do you tweak what apprently 'God' said. Isnt that somewhat sacrilegious ??

The Bible, ok..this was interesting. raised a hardcore christian, my frnd mentoned that he fet the bible was full of fantasy and stuff. Stuff thats pretty hard to believe (his words) and that theres too much happening thats out of this world.

My view point is that 'Im indian' and we have millions of legends of Gods walkin this earth, doing crazy shit and setting cities on fire with their tails. So maybe its all true.!!

Buddhism is where we both seemd to agree upon....

what ye say....

@Karma Cola
...!!!...~Yess my buddy Carma Cola I do believe in every diferent tradition and religion myth around the world from the ancient sacred past history,there is everywhwere some hidden mystic wise truth...if you notice almost every kind of religion have some basic ideas with many much relations and connections each other,common things.
if you want to tell you much of them that I have noticed and analysed by my own mind thought projections,as a researcher of that holy subject I am sure you would like to hear them by sending you...
...pm message...!!!ask me if you interested!!! ~(;>}~           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 12:29

it was Catch 22 that brought me back...

i'd swear by the book and anyone who got thru it.

Many Lives Many Masters was liberating... i have been untying my privious knots and tying new ones everyday.

it is really nice the way Dr. Brian Wies has tried to connect DNA to the Soul... am actually even doing a paper on the same.

at present i have two books on hand - The tibetien Book of the Dead and Brief History of Nearly Everthing by Bill Bryson.

its amazinf how eastern and western ideologies are... both talk about some basic Laws in such diverse manner.

Newton would say - every action has an equal and opposite reaction

Gita would say - every thing u do comes back to u

eastern philosophy and psychology - poetic, indeterministic, experiential, inward-looking, vaguely evolutionary, open-ended - is more easily adapted to the findings of modern science than the syllogistic, certain, experimental, externalizing logic of western psychology. The latter imitates the irrelevant rituals of the energy sciences but ignores the data of physics and genetics, the meanings and implications.

The present day science and especially physics revoloves around quantum theories which are unexplainable by the above mentioned syllogistic and certain experimentations. The behaviour at the atomic levels are proved by hypotheses. They are also proved by maths based on assumptions and they are in no way “logical” as we might want to call with the tools of logic we have…… Being vague and indeterministic starts to make sense and wondering the liberation, an initiated would feel…… remarkable.

Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
---------------------------------------------
Protons and Proteins
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 19:18
Quote:

On 2005-04-29 23:37, mysticmessiah wrote:
dis is turnin' out 2 b a very interestin' post!!!

@KarmaCola: all d holy books we have are written by humans, my friend! hence d tweak...
i wont speak abt other religions, however, as far as hinduism is concernd, it's 1 of da most misunderstood & misinterpreted religions ever... it's actually wrong even 2 call it a religion...
i consider it a path; 1 among da many paths 2wards knwledge...

everythin in hinduism is symbolic, d only reason y v hav those multi-armed gods is coz a normal mind is incapable of trusting & fearing anything less magnificient...
So, fire was suddenly a handsome god wit fiery eyes... as was d case wit all other gods...

Hmm.. Thast a really interesting way of looking at it. Because of the ineffectuality of man to grasp a concept so pure and simple, the idea of magnificent gods and divine beings were created. But at some point wouldnt you think we have just 'too' many symbols floating around. Of course they all stem from one/few major beings,(most are avatars), but we have so many regional gods, local gods.

I didnt know about the Chiranjeevis either. Thats great information right there. Do you know of any books which talk only about these chiranjeevis ??

@Gopendra

Yes, i definitely would like to hear about your projections into this subject. And more importantly what you understood from those experiences.

@sorceress

That was exactly what i was going to talk about. The Newton/Gita theories which a so similar.
We have these old wives tales like 'Shubh Shubh Bolo' right ( Say only good things).
I prefer to look at it like, if we talk or think negative things we automatically draw or attract all the negative energy around us. Thsi field of bad energy enveloping us can prove to be disruptive.
As for saying and thinkin good things its the same idea, just vice versa. Probably results in the 'feel-good, do good' phenomenon. If you feel good, ur more likely going to do something good, liek helpa stranger, feed stray dogs..whatever...
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 22:51
Quote:

On 2005-04-30 19:18, *Karma Cola* wrote:
But at some point wouldnt you think we have just 'too' many symbols floating around. Of course they all stem from one/few major beings,(most are avatars), but we have so many regional gods, local gods.

I didnt know about the Chiranjeevis either. Thats great information right there. Do you know of any books which talk only about these chiranjeevis ??

yes v do hav 2 many of those symbolic gods floatin arnd & d reason 4 dat again, is da human touch... gods developed over time, 2 giv u an eg: Shiva is nowhere mentioned in the Vedas; instead v hav a slight ref 2 Rudra, who was god of destructn den...
hence, my theory dat all these have chngd & will chnge; wat is imp is 'wat these names actually symmbolise...?'
who knows, generations 2 come may hav diff gods to worship...

if u delve deep enuf & understnd completely d concept of the symbolism, u r well on ur way 2 understndng hinduism as it was conceptualised...

abt da chiranjeevis: no i dont knw of any book which particularly speaks abt chiranjeevis
all these chiranjeevis r characters frm diff ages. 4 eg. hanuman was frm Treta Yuga & vibhishana was frm Dwapara Yuga. all these chiranjeevis r spread ovr 3 yugas...
it's nt their stories dat r imp, but the emotion dat they symbolise...
but i'll keep my eyes open for any books dat may be related to this...

abt the energy thingy: i'm glad thr r so many who r actually aware of energy pulls & fields... hav u actually seen a person's energy field...?
pls share ur exp wit me: remember, it's frm d most unexpctd quarters dat u recv answrs guiding u 2wards da truth! u never knw, u may find sum answrs on da forum here! u jus hav 2 b aware enuf 2 spot d coincidence (1st Insight, neone?)
@KarmaCola: do feel free 2 pm me if u want 2 continue discussin abt energy fields... can put in my 2 penny...

@sorceress: eastern philosophy was always very scientific... gita & newton thingy is 1 among d many similarities dat v come across.
most of those innumerable rituals formd hav alwys had a solid logical reasoning underneath them...
it grows on u as go deeper & deeper...

imagine the vastness of knwledge dat exists in all those ancient texts...
man! a lifetime's nt enuf!!!
          ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 2, 2005 10:49

this life time is enuf if u want it to be...

Einstien was a scientist but the later half of his life was psent as a mystic who belived in spirituality...

his theory was e = mc2.

e being energy and m being mass...

c was a constant he left it that.

so considering the equation with the constant mass is inversly proportionate to enery... saying u have to push a ball harder for it to go farther here the mass of the ball remains constant.

simply meaning the more effort u put into onething the better the reward would be.

since am doing a paper on this whihch am hoping paynapse would carry i will not leak out the details

he he he

i hope Sam does not shoot me for this.

Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
Protons and Proteins
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : May 2, 2005 13:55
interestin books:"Siddhartha"a hindu tale from Herman Hesse
the diary of a wizard ,and the manual of a warrior of light,from Paulo kohelo
the stranger from Amper Kammi>spelling of the name is wrong sorry,but I have read these books in greek language.           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 2, 2005 14:53
Let’s not forget that in earlier times we did not have TV and other forms of entertainment so for the same villagers use to all accumulate under a tree where one person would tell them a story...

Stories of righteous, handsome and rich princes who fought demons and mutant. As the story teller realized he is getting better and better at the story he decided to write them down… Mahabharata, Ramayana are all Epic tales. Where likes of Rishi Valmiki incorporated emotions and tranquilities, science fiction probing into the future when men will have planes to fly on and atom bombs and birds and monkeys that will speak.

Yes we learnt a lot from them; after all they are the epitomes. We have Ramayana which says be good. We have Mahabharata which propounds that a person has to be shrewd and clever to get things to move in which he wants them to happen and then about Lord Shiva which say be merry for u are the controllers of the world.

Protons and Proteins
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 2, 2005 21:57
Epic tales have spawned from all early cultures.

I think these stories are important as identifying India goes.

I remeber i used to sneak in these illustrated books when i was a kid and read it in Math class. Shit i used to get walloped for that stuff !!

Anyways.. @sorceress

Sound sinteresting what you are writing. Will wait for a copy.

@MysticMessiah

Energy Fields have always intrigued me. Its simple tho so complex. Here's something interesting for all....

4 years ago I had visisted Ganeshpuri. We happened to be on the outskirts when We pulled over into a village courtyard. One of our family frnds had some kind of cottage there and we decided to relax for a while. The owner of the place was this young chap around 25 ish or something.
There was something about this guy that i just cudnt put my finger on. So i became a little wary.
It was at 12 when he woke me up ( i was sleepin on a cot outside) and told me to follow him. I was a lil suprised because i was in some village and shit, Im not walkin into the forest with some strange dude. ( thought i 'd wake up in a bathtub with one kidney missing )

But i did, and he sat me down under some tree and he asked me what was bothering me. It threw me off, the question, and then he just concentrated and I swear it was like some magnet had been turned on. I cudnt get my eyes off him. All my thoughts, vibes whatever was just drawn towards him. He told me that he cud see the play in my energy fields, getting a bit disruptive ( coz i was wary) and how he could see these fields and work to relax them.

I spoke to him for the better part pf the night. It was so good because i didnt feel even a lil bit tired being up all night. Im in touch with him a bit, and when i drive to ganeshpuri i always meet him.
Only thing which got me a bit apprehensive about was that he could so easily control your energy fields.

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
diepiggypiggydie on digene

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 2, 2005 22:18
Quote:

Only thing which got me a bit apprehensive about was that he could so easily control your energy fields.

nice story .. i'm sure all of us have had similar moments.
but karma he didnt controol your energy field..
you let him into yours.. and he just helped you work your field back up.
like initially the thing that you could pin point about him. was the aura which surrounded him maybe.. or the energy he sunconsciously transmitted.. or in other words just his vibe.
it could have been very clear.. deep vibe which you were receptive to.. which you could just so easily make out.. because maybe they were complimentary to your own..
sensing it was the same for him.. he was able to pick up that somethign was wrong..
like with our friends and our families.. we dont need to be told when something is wrong.. because we are already so receptive to their vibes.. that we know when somethings bothering them.

and after that it could have just been that once you let him in.. and he had good intent.. you guys just shared a moment in which you were highly receptive to each other.. in communication and vibrations.. and that is a highly elating experience and one of the best things about life

so basically him seeing the evergy fields .. is most definatly a gift.. but we all can influence o thers energy fields.. always in both positive and negative manners.. they just need to let us in.. and in by doign that we would also be letting them in.
or vice versa.
remember vibes are felt on both ends..
he felt just the same tingle as you did!
for me the tingle is around my spine..
a single person cant alone feel a vibe. because it takes two or more to generate it.

boom boom

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 2, 2005 23:06
Quote:

On 2005-05-02 22:18, diepiggypiggydie on digene wrote:
Quote:

nice story .. i'm sure all of us have had similar moments.
but karma he didnt controol your energy field..
you let him into yours.. and he just helped you work your field back up.
like initially the thing that you could pin point about him. was the aura which surrounded him maybe.. or the energy he sunconsciously transmitted.. or in other words just his vibe.
it could have been very clear.. deep vibe which you were receptive to.. which you could just so easily make out.. because maybe they were complimentary to your own..
sensing it was the same for him.. he was able to pick up that somethign was wrong..
like with our friends and our families.. we dont need to be told when something is wrong.. because we are already so receptive to their vibes.. that we know when somethings bothering them.

and after that it could have just been that once you let him in.. and he had good intent.. you guys just shared a moment in which you were highly receptive to each other.. in communication and vibrations.. and that is a highly elating experience and one of the best things about life

so basically him seeing the evergy fields .. is most definatly a gift.. but we all can influence o thers energy fields.. always in both positive and negative manners.. they just need to let us in.. and in by doign that we would also be letting them in.
or vice versa.
remember vibes are felt on both ends..
he felt just the same tingle as you did!
for me the tingle is around my spine..
a single person cant alone feel a vibe. because it takes two or more to generate it.

boom boom

Nice theory.
And it seems plausible that i subconsiously let him in.

You know its something like that when u just feel uncomfortable around some people or someplace. Interestingly happens to me mostly around bookshops !! wonder why??

As for the mutual 'tingle' how about considering the so called 'chemistry' between two people. Maybe its just a recpetion of these vibes they are transmitting.
mysticmessiah

Posted : May 2, 2005 23:25
i agree... wen u feel energisd aftr spendin sum time wit a person, dat's coz u r openin up ur field 2 facilitate a healthy exchnge...
celestine prophecy has clearly dealt with it...

da imp thing is dat u hav 2 open up 4 such an exchange of energy...
it's amazing 2 view a field growing...

as 4 'uncomfortable' places, elevators r wat i wud vote 4...
im very uncomfortable wit my neighbors in da elevator... da reason 4 dis is da plc itself... an elevator's da last plc u wanna open up coz u knw it's a temporary phase, u r waiting 4 ur floor 2 arrive so u cant fall into a comfort zone.
for an exchnge of energy, its imperative dat da mind is calm & relaxed; not expectant or anxious... i think dat's da reason...
as 4 chemistry; yes it doesa exist- & dat's jus ur resp energy fields lapping out 2 envelop each other!!!

consider vipassana: da philosophy totally appeals 2 me. 8 hrs of meditation a day & complete 'maun-vrat' (no speech)!
consider dis- y do we need to speak? 2 communicate 2 another person rite? which means u r dependant on sum1 else. u spend an entire lifetime talkin to people; so hw abt 10 days of jus communicatin wit urself...?
u'll experience total independence...
& da most amazing part is dat u build up on ur energy during dis period; ur body as a whole begins 2 vibrate at a higher energy level! definitely worth da experience...           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 3, 2005 01:29
Vipassana!! My parents went to an ashram somewhere around Bombay/Pune and they shared with me what was running through their minds.It was a 15 day spiritual introduction. No talk, no conversation. NOTHING!

My dad, was so apprehensive about the method, which is pretty obvious because of the many responsibilties he has, company, employees, kids..etc..

So he fought the idea for a day or two , but after a few days he realised the magnificence of just having yourself to talk too. he swears by it now.

My mum on the other hand voted to go there, because she 'wanted' to have no social obligations binding her down. So in fact she goes there whenever she can and just disappears. My younger brother doesnt mind either.. watches TV as long as he can, sneaks in his psp to bed and have late night snacks with his kiddy frnds. he's ballin!!

But, she never fails to stress how these methods cleanse you mentally.

Hmm.. the elevators . yes, ive always noticed i have nothing to say of any importance in an elevator.
Another extremely uncomfortable place is standing 'in queue' probably anywhere.
diepiggypiggydie on digene

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 3, 2005 08:04
umm karma.. i;d differentiate between chemistry and just plain old vibing

one bieng the subset of the other..
but the chemistry leads to very differnt sort of an elation!
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 3, 2005 08:19

Vipassna is an oppertunity that does not happen for all... a friend says its good Karma that takes u to places like these.

yes everyone has electromagnetic fields around them, the colour of these fields also changes, and u could share the energy, build on it... two people sitting together sharing energy is magnificent but the amazing fact is that just by thinking the other person u could also effect there magnetic feilds.

to think that anyone can have any kind of effect on our energy fields is not correct... for we allow a person to manupulate it.

if u have read about Meera the devotee to Lord Krishna.
a lot of people tried to kill her from time to time. they would give her poison saying it was the same water lord Krishna's feet were washed in. and she would readily accept it and poison would become some thing like holi grail for her.

so its the perspective one adopts a thought with that has any effect on him.

when u on stage u have all the attention all the enrgy flowing to u... now it is entirely dependent on u of what u make of it... if u fight it u get nervous and if u open up to it u shall entertain the huge crowd that has come to see u.

Protons and Proteins
mysticmessiah

Posted : May 3, 2005 16:00
manipulatn of energy... sumthin u notice a myriad times in everyday life... jus observe 2 people in an argument. da 1 who's winnin is drainin energy frm da other...
da reason dis happens is wen u depend on others 2 keep givin u energy instead of connecting wit urself & tappin an inexhaustible source...

@KarmaCola: wen u had dat chance encounter wit dis interestin chap- u said u came out very energised... 1 thing most of us fail 2 notice is dat dis person u were wit has also experienced an equally energising, if not more, experience...
not every1 can transmit energy... it depends on the mindset... sum r born wit it; sum hav 2 cultivate da same...
however, wen u do send dis energy 2 others, u cum out as a much more complete person!
very much worth da experience...

jus a small exercise if u r interested:
dis is da season of Golmohurs... do hav any golmohur tree near ur plc...? if not any flowering tree wud do.
jus keep lookin at the gulmohars fr sum time- not particularly focussing- jus lookin; wit a slight smile on ur face. & remember 2 keep urself free of anythin else at dis time...
after abt 20 mins... u'll c the golmohur flowers glowing in a deep, bright yellow light... & u'll notice an elation within u... & suddenly u feel dat ur at a much higher vibratn level...
nw move away; move ur gaze 2 sumthin else. in 2 mins if u look bck, u'll feel dat da flowers r nt glowin nemore. 4get da glowin prt- they'll even appear 2 droop slightly...

dis is a perfect eg of how v tend 2 remain dependant on sum1 else's energy... wen v feel da energy flowin frm sum1, v tend 2 4get dat dis energy is miniscule compared 2 da vastness dat exists in the universe...
da key is 2 hav a constant healthy exchange without gettin addictd 2 ny particular energy source...
the only source u shud b addictd 2 is urself... & blv me- thr's an awesome amt of energy in thr...

P.S. dis is turnin out 2 b an amazing thread!!!           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance