Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 18:40
"Autobiography of a Yogi"
One of the most acclaimed and highly venerated books as a classic of spirituality.

"This is also the first time an authentic Indian Yogi chronicled his life story and spiritual training for a western audience."

Ok, this book is so profound!! It is one of those profound books that will linger on forever in my memory. Written by Paramahansa Yogananda's, this book is a must read if ur interested in spirituality and self mastery of 'one self'.

So, has anyone come across other books or teachings which is a type of ambassador of India's spiritual heritage to the Mordern world.

Do u have some spirtual insights into this?.

Have u ever been moved by a certain spiritual book or a certain Person ?.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Sneaker

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 18:43
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 18:40, *Karma Cola* wrote:
"Autobiography of a Yogi"
One of the most acclaimed and highly venerated books as a classic of spirituality.

"This is also the first time an authentic Indian Yogi chronicled his life story and spiritual training for a western audience."

Ok, this book is so profound!! It is one of those profound books that will linger on forever in my memory. Written by Paramahansa Yogananda's, this book is a must read if ur interested in spirituality and self mastery of 'one self'.

So, has anyone come across other books or teachings which is a type of ambassador of India's spiritual heritage to the Mordern world.

Do u have some spirtual insights into this?.

Have u ever been moved by a certain spiritual book or a certain Person ?.

will buy the book first thing in the morning thanz karma cola           -----------------------------> Sneakers Cave 666 Km
diepiggypiggydie on digene

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 22:00
reaching to heaven- james vaan praagh
hees a medium... about his take on the concept of spirituality.. makes a lot of sence

many lives.. many masters... dr brian weiss
similar take on spirituality.. more acclaimed writer

news papers colum" inner voice" Toi and Et..
sometimes very generalistic.. sometimes very deep.. depends on perception i guess

but thanks Kola.. i'll go look for this book... anyways i was lookgin for a new book..
makes my choice making process easier( which is such a bitch, to decide on one thing)
lets see what mr yogi has to say..

though a small tip maybe, at the end of the day.. have your own apprach .. cause spirituality is your gateway to be one with the universe.. in whichever way form or manner..

what is true for one might not be true for another.. fallacy of assumption!

so bascially create your own route .. dont pave the cow path.. apoligise if you already knew that
boom boom
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 00:20
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 22:00, diepiggypiggydie on digene wrote:
though a small tip maybe, at the end of the day.. have your own apprach .. cause spirituality is your gateway to be one with the universe.. in whichever way form or manner..

what is true for one might not be true for another.. fallacy of assumption!

so bascially create your own route .. dont pave the cow path.. apoligise if you already knew that
boom boom

Thast what the book "Celestine Prophecy" Implies. Must read that if ur interested. Talks about insights into our world and how we shud train our eyes to see the real truth

glad i helped.

Peace

P.s Ken Wilber also has some great Book son Spirituality through Buddhism.
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 02:42
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 00:20, *Karma Cola* wrote:
Thast what the book "Celestine Prophecy" Implies. Must read that if ur interested. Talks about insights into our world and how we shud train our eyes to see the real truth

glad i helped.

Peace

celestine prophesies!!! ya a very nice read;
been through redwood's tenth insight...?           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
MellonCollie

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 03:48
Finally a topic worth replying too.

diepiggy, you're right. the worst thing you can do is go to a book store stoned, id be in there for hours. ok maybe second to supermarket.

good books? i dont know many about indian spirituality, the autobiography of a yogi was a mindblowing read, definitely worth reading a second time too.

theres a mad book abt the 70,s and the first 'travellers' coming to India. I think its called in search of heaven. its really hard to find a copy and i lost mine so if you find one, please holler.

hermann hesse- sidharthas pretty thought provoking if you want a heavy read.

enjoy.
and dont read holy cow, its the trashiest book i ever read. the shiva on the cover is way misleading.
           Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

The Darkness, it lies waiting. Dormant but ever ready...to envelope us all. Embrace it or denounce it, one must pick a path.

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 05:14
hahah @ mellon collie.. shelives!
and yeah the holy cow.. cmon its just alot of indian bashing.. i infact had a lotof fun reading it.. random nonsence

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 05:21
@ karma cola.. welli havent read the celestial prophecy.. but then i have its succeding book the tenth insight.. and i hate it!
well i'll pick itup one more time.. and try it again.. but fuck i remember i hated itt he first time i read it.

and yeah the last time i walked in stoned in a book shop.. i walked out with a very lousy book which im still stuck with reading.. cause i still havent finished that either.. " me talk pretty one day " james sedaris... wonder what it wsa about that titile that attracted me to it!

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 08:09
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 02:42, mysticmessiah wrote:

Quote:

On 2005-04-23 00:20, *Karma Cola* wrote:

glad i helped.

Peace

celestine prophesies!!! ya a very nice read;
been through redwood's tenth insight...?

HELL YA!!!
and actually i found its nice infact.
The nine earlier insights were more profound tho if u know what i mean. The tenth insight felt a lil tweaked for the masses.
But im pleasantly suprised that there are members who are aware of these kind of mind blowing reads. Especially the India section ..

@MellonCollie.

I think i have come across the book ur talkin about. I never read it ..but a frnd of mine kept mentioning a book like yours..

And of course... theres always KHALIL GIBRAN !!!!!!!!!!
A whole different level.. but a lil heavy to the inexperienced.
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 08:12
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 05:14, diepiggypiggydie on digene wrote:
hahah @ mellon collie.. shelives!
and yeah the holy cow.. cmon its just alot of indian bashing.. i infact had a lotof fun reading it.. random nonsence

I havent come across this book.

Is it worth a read ???           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
psyche

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 10:29
Boomshanti!

PLUR
psycoactive psybeing
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 11:30
Yoganand was a great saint, definetely the light from east which guided many ignorant souls from darkness towards the realms of spritual exctacy n knowledge. I have read this book, n many others, n what i have understood is that every saint wants us to realise that, purity of mind, intense desire n true dedication is required to achieve anything in life be it material or spritual, we have to practically live on the lines of knowledge we have gained from any sources, just reading cannot help our cause, we have to dwell in it to achieve it.
Only a realised master who himself dwells in that immortal self realised existence, can guide u n can show u the right path towards genuine sprituality, whic is the essence of our lives, n remember constant company of that saint can only help u.
Who needs sprituality in todays world very few, all need money, fame, power, respect, what i mean do we sincerely long to meet the creator, forget creator, do we ever think about our existence, the origin, where will we lead to after death, this transition of thought is very important firstly to gain anything in sprituality. Secondly its very important to have a detached approach towards material world, u need not be worried about things which is not in ur contol, n blame nature or anyone about it, what u can do is discriminate between the right path n wrong path, n lead a noble life, spreading love n peace.
We all have decended into this mortal world from a place where there is no duality, its a self aware existence, n to reach back to that level of existence, u have to channelise ur search within, inward gaze is what we require.
Whatever u see in this world through ur eyes, think about its origin, in that thought process u will discover that light is the living force behind all the visible existence, same way our source is light, that light is ever shining within us, n that is the spark which has descended from the anami dham, which has come forth in creation, n will merge back in that infinitew ocean of bliss, light n sound.
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 16:13
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 11:30, psycoactive psybeing wrote:
Whatever u see in this world through ur eyes, think about its origin, in that thought process u will discover that light is the living force behind all the visible existence, same way our source is light, that light is ever shining within us, n that is the spark which has descended from the anami dham, which has come forth in creation, n will merge back in that infinitew ocean of bliss, light n sound.

I do believe that as we say "there's a god within us all". Even the bible states somewhere, ( but dont quote me). "...Sons and daughters of God"
But eventually, you have to discover that within u to be a better and more aware person.
But yes, behind evrything, there is the light which is a divine force which encompasses all that is created,has been created and all that will be created.
Trick
Inactive User

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 17:49
does neone know a good book about indian mythology...lookin especially for stories involving Kali...not the epics...well if neone knows just reply back to me thnxs
jabba

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 18:17
@ KC i long time back read vivekananda (am sure its been widely read, now maybe hard to find some brit publication and shall post details once i take it out o the attic) and later read similar books also Ramchandra paramhamsa .......... well the books talk about life of the person but it cleared a lot for me ................. and one thing i learnt that more you seek more you loose on it and more you believe and realize the exisitence of non material world the more insight your soul gets on spirituality ..........

Then Geeta as in bhagvata geeta am sure most must have read ............ the stories and things are diff. but the meanings are truely spiritual there are others that i read and forgot just stays in the subconcious mind .... will post the names later, after a spliff all washed out so shall scroll the mind menu some time and shall do that ....

nice topic though
peace bro
Dev
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance