Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Apr 27, 2005 17:37
@axl

Nice stuff. the 'Blue-eyed 'Baba.

But if u see the documentary "Last Hippie Standing", They mention the fact that there are some of those hippies who in the 60's and 70's travelled to India from all over the world and disappeared into the mountains in search of bliss/truth, whatever you want to call it.
These guys are/were really hard core. Truely embraced spirituality.
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
((( MOKKSHH )))
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Apr 27, 2005 18:42
hmmmm.........           IT T@KES TIME N DEEPER SELF-RE@L!Z@T!ON TO FEEL IT ..... N WHN IT H@PPENS , U KNW TH@T U H@V FIN@LLY ST@RTED!!!!!!!!!!
LiFe Is A TriP.....It HaS BeGuN

http://www.mokksh.page.tl
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Apr 27, 2005 19:31
about baghavad gita there are so many diferent translations with different explenations from the scriptures.Everyone gives his own different point of view,so Ithink is better to read it as it is and find the deeper meaning with our own minds first without the influence of the traslator.
The biography of the great yogi Milarepa is an interesting history...liberation before death!!!
The chackra elements from Naomi Ozaniek has good analysis and a special meditation for each different chakra.
The tools of tantra from Haris Yohari have the most Basic yantras colorful with big shapes and an explenation analysis for each one of them with interesting myths.
The spiritual philosophy from sri sri anandamurti(Baba)ananda marga publications and ananda sutram gives an easy analysis and explanation from Babas view.The most recently and fresh translation (left his phisical body at 1991),universal point of view that unites every different tradition,religion,global meditation,...my guru is my conciousnes...
The big book of tantra from osho explains an analytic view from the Sharaha's king song,the middle way path spiritual philosophy in a modern view.
But I am sure there are more interesting books then those I mentioned.
Great topic!!!
keep on suggesting guys,books to feed my spirit!!!           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
diepiggypiggydie on digene

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 27, 2005 22:11
do we really have to read.. and impose someone elses thoughts as our guidelines?
i dont want to make anyone elses life mine..
i choose to find my own truth..
its my own connection..
at the end of the day.. the book is not takign to anywhere.. you are
so use them sure.. but rememeber at the end of the day.. its your link.. and the link is withitn you.. not in a book or a religion or a place or in a person .. or in whatever.. but YOU

personally .. i reccomend the same to anyone...

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 27, 2005 23:23
Yes, but books serve as vehicles right.
Vehicles to wherever and whichever place we want to reach. Either transcend to there through spiritual learning or whatever pleases us most.

But, yeah.. in gist you coudl always say that its 'you' the person, the being within us that ultimatly walks the path.

@Gopendra.
Nice collection you got there. Will try and get Naomi Ozaniek soon. Chakra's . sounds good.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
acidelysid

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 28, 2005 00:10
nice infos ppl!!!!!!!!
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 28, 2005 03:14
Quote:

On 2005-04-27 22:11, diepiggypiggydie on digene wrote:
do we really have to read.. and impose someone elses thoughts as our guidelines?
i dont want to make anyone elses life mine..

thr r indeed books which giv u gyan, my friend. they tell u wat 2 do & how 2 do it... i'm talkin of all those inspirational & lifestyle books tht u find in dozens...
i personally hate such books, i wud nevr want sum1 else tellin me wat 2 do & how 2 do it... (ever been thru 'the monk who sold his ferrari'?)
but then, thr r books which sparks ur mind off in a thought process, & then let you decide on hw 2 interpret it... books tht r jus guidin lights & dont pretend 2 b d destinatn...
such books are indeed a must read, since ur thought process is decided by hw much u know, & hw well u interpret...
knowledge is a journey... & as KarmaCola stated, books serve as vehicles... or even as guiding lights...
but then, hw u complete the journey depends on hw ur thought travels...           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 28, 2005 21:31
@Mystic Messiah

True, the books that dont proclaim a certain destination as 'the' destination, but instead just shows you ways to make your journey easier. I would choose a book like that anyday over some highly recommended book that just says that this is this and that is that. Full stop! Not my cup of tea.

Ok, i have another interestin anecdote to share.

I routinely talk to one of my frnds about stuff like this, religious/spiritual and anything which sparks of debate.

here's one..

Talking about the holy books of different religions.
Lets see the Koran for example, My view is that it just seems odd that the scriptures were tweaked a few times. Errmm.. how do you tweak what apprently 'God' said. Isnt that somewhat sacrilegious ??

The Bible, ok..this was interesting. raised a hardcore christian, my frnd mentoned that he fet the bible was full of fantasy and stuff. Stuff thats pretty hard to believe (his words) and that theres too much happening thats out of this world.

My view point is that 'Im indian' and we have millions of legends of Gods walkin this earth, doing crazy shit and setting cities on fire with their tails. So maybe its all true.!!

Buddhism is where we both seemd to agree upon....

what ye say....           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
diepiggypiggydie on digene

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 00:25
Quote:

On 2005-04-28 21:31, *Karma Cola* wrote:
@Mystic Messiah

True, the books that dont proclaim a certain destination as 'the' destination, but instead just shows you ways to make your journey easier. I would choose a book like that anyday over some highly recommended book that just says that this is this and that is that. Full stop! Not my cup of tea.

could extend to maybe rock music ? just to expand the base of the matter from books alone..
like some dylan or pearl jam or floyd.. doors maybe.. loads none the less
always guiding in the general direction of.
not saying x marks the spot.

would you guys be suckers for these bands as well?

Quote:

Talking about the holy books of different religions.
Lets see the Koran for example, My view is that it just seems odd that the scriptures were tweaked a few times. Errmm.. how do you tweak what apprently 'God' said. Isnt that somewhat sacrilegious ??

lol but isnt that the case in all religions?
in case of the koran its got pretty much content as the ten commandments for that matter.
different characters .. same script.

so as an optimal model
hinduism would be the best incase you want idol worship.. cause hey you got 200+ gods to choose from.. under the umbrella of hinduism
if you dont want idol worship and thing god exists in whichever other form.. or as whatever other entity.. then buddhism..

Quote:

The Bible, ok..this was interesting. raised a hardcore christian, my frnd mentoned that he fet the bible was full of fantasy and stuff. Stuff thats pretty hard to believe (his words) and that theres too much happening thats out of this world.

like the bibles holds women as antichrist (best of my knowlege.. dont mean to offend anyones relgious sentiments)
but if its true.. then need you say more?

Quote:

My view point is that 'Im indian' and we have millions of legends of Gods walkin this earth, doing crazy shit and setting cities on fire with their tails. So maybe its all true.!!

Yeah but a lot of them were "avtars" so its the same god in a different setting.. with a differnt name and all.

Quote:

Buddhism is where we both seemd to agree upon....

have had the pleasure of smoking with various poeple from 3 different schools of thoughts, if i were to categorise according to relgious beliefs (only for the sake of this conversation.)
shiva power!
koran power!
and shanti power( buddhist )

love each one
jabba

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 10:39
basically books or even certain movies too tickle the spiritual side or whateva may it be called . NOw talking about the Bible or Quran or the Bhagvata Gita and the lots of GODS and fantacies depicted therein are all food for our mind and the soul .........................

There indeed is some supreme power but the faces are given by humans ..........thts what i believe and that power does mould itself as the individual percieve coz that Supreme being is the Param atma or say supreme soul which as a part exisits in eachone of us ............ rest is all politics of the mind which started working on making and breaking gods faces long long time back

i know i may sound rude but that is what i feel ........and feelings are the only source of touching the spiritual side of yourown self some times one doesnt feel anything at all and at other times you may feel as one with the universe .......... but then the mind will die if there is no food so BOOKS and religious books and other stuff to ponder on is a must ................ the best connection to the soul in this materialistic age is MZK and nothing compares to it

peace for now and forever

P.S. typed without the rhyme of the thread so apologies
axl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 18:14

@ *Karma Cola*
"BABA by Rampuri" is quite a kick ass book and a more than interesting read. Grab a copy bro, and you'll surely come to know about other hidden facets of spirituality too.

N yeah...about "Last Hippie Standing", it was indeed a hardcore fact of the inflow of hippies of the 60's and 70's from around the world and disappearing into the mountains of India. Infact you could have an interesting conversation of these tales with a gazillion babas in almost every hill station of India about all of the above mentioned spiritual beings.

Tonnes of mind boggling truth in those lovely mountains...

Hmmm... Time changes everything... I wonder!

Peace

axl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 18:15

@ *Karma Cola*
"BABA by Rampuri" is quite a kick ass book and a more than interesting read. Grab a copy bro, and you'll surely come to know about other hidden facets of spirituality too.

N yeah...about "Last Hippie Standing", it was indeed a hardcore fact of the inflow of hippies of the 60's and 70's from around the world and disappearing into the mountains of India. Infact you could have an interesting conversation of these tales with a gazillion babas in almost every hill station of India about all of the above mentioned spiritual beings.

Tonnes of mind boggling truth in those lovely mountains...

Hmmm... Time changes everything... I wonder!

Peace

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 29, 2005 18:26
@Jabba

Yes, for sure books and scriptures are basically food for our soul. The question arises , how much can we trust implicitly. Is it fantasy to help us live better, or is it the hardcore fact that is supposed to teach us. ??
Without some sort of 'vehicle' like books or music, I think our concept of spirituality could either be distant or distorted. Let me clarify.. The idea behind any kind of music is Love. Even death crazy metal , the idea is of the 'one' the 'tribe'.
And books as i have said are like braille for the blind.
Anyways. nice to know ur honest opinion

@axl

Yes, my exams just got over so Im searching down Amazon for the book. If i find it in a library than its even better, saves some cash. Im sure i can put that cash to better use

@Diepiggy

You are right about the 'avatars'. That clears somethn up. Idol worship , hmm,... im a lil biased against that term. Its only the newer religions that consider it unholy. So in that case I reside in America but i am a 'pagan' ?. Or an 'idol worshipper'. I feel like shouting out, (which is very inappropriate actually ) That 'Hey, we have some of the most spiritually/religiously/culturally/ whatever-lly 'Aware' people in the East. Dont make it sound like we are lagging behind , because we not ".

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
psycoactive psybeing
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 19:52
Creation is three dimensional, take our own self, our own existence consists of three bodies.

1- Physical self - Gross embodiment - Sthul shareer
2- Mental self - Subtle embodiment - sukshma "
3- Spritual self - Spritual embodiment - kaaran "

Same way we have three kinds of nourishment for the wellbeing of the self.

Gross food for Physical self
Entertaining Positive, Constructive n Noble thoughts for Mental self
n witnessing the ever shining light within, which is nothing but our true spritual self is the Food for the soul, our true essence is that light, which is nothing else but the spark which has emnated from that infinite ocean of light n sound.

We r bubbles of that supermost consciousness.
I just surrender my whole being to that energy, that state of self aware existence, which is above trinity. Merging back to that infinite ocean n realising the essence of our existence.

WHY FEAR, WHY WORRY, WHY HATRED, WHY NOT LOVE, INNOCENCE, WHY STUPID ATTACHMENTS, LETS FLY BACK, WE ALL HAVE TO ONE DAY OR THE OTHER TO THE LAND OF ETERNAL FREEDOM, WHERE THERE IS COMPLETE ONENESS, WHERE ITS NEITHER DAY NOR NIGHT, NEITHER WORRYS NOR FEAR, COMPLETE TRANQUILTY. WE R THAT, THAT R WE.
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 23:37
dis is turnin' out 2 b a very interestin' post!!!

@KarmaCola: all d holy books we have are written by humans, my friend! hence d tweak...
i wont speak abt other religions, however, as far as hinduism is concernd, it's 1 of da most misunderstood & misinterpreted religions ever... it's actually wrong even 2 call it a religion...
i consider it a path; 1 among da many paths 2wards knwledge...

everythin in hinduism is symbolic, d only reason y v hav those multi-armed gods is coz a normal mind is incapable of trusting & fearing anything less magnificient...
So, fire was suddenly a handsome god wit fiery eyes... as was d case wit all other gods...

every system introduced by hinduism was symbolic; d caste system was originally formd to segregate the society into sections based on each mans occupation... but in da hands of men, it suddenly became a birth-right...
hinduism was suddenly plagued wit people who strtd followin it for its literal meaning rather than its symbolic meaning...

ever read d mahabharata...? man! wat an amazing piece of literature... think abt sum1 thinkin of all d plots possible in life & recording them as part of 1 story... it's awesome... mahabharata too is symbolic in all its stories...

1 more concept... hinduism mentions the presence of 7 chiranjeevis (immortals)
but wen u consider those characters, each of them symbolises an emotion or an asset, which will never die; for eg Ashwathama (son of Drona) is immortal since he epitomises hatred since his father was killed thru unfair means... mahabharata makes his hatred obvious thru numerous chapters...

Vyaas is another chiranjeevi, again, vyas is symbolic of knowledge, da sage who wrote d mahabharata, was considered da most knowledgeable sage of his time...

all da chiranjeevis, thus are just manifestations of immortal emotions or assets...

all da events, every minute detail in hinduism has myriad symbolisms behind it...
it grows on u over time... & blv me, it takes a lifetime!

tsk tsk! hinduism always excites me...
seemms like i jus cant stop writing...           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance