Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

gaganja

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 4, 2005 21:57

'Celebrating Silence' by Pdt. ShriShri RaviShankar.

this book has most of his quotes from the satsangs dat he holds in his ashrams all over the world.
after reading this book i started to believe dat u can actually learn a lot by reading just a few sentences.
i am not a very avid reader but this book was something great for me...u can actually try reading 1 page a day n the rest of the day/night keep thinkin n reflecting upon those thoughts.
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 4, 2005 22:52
Osho is one of the few real spiritual leades of the last century!

I reccomend all the books that are pubblished with his dotrines.....to everybody!

Best regards
Thomas
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 5, 2005 00:12
Quote:

On 2005-05-03 22:03, *Karma Cola* wrote:
@Mystic Messiah

Its also true, as u said, that we make our lives
content or horrific through our ways and thinking. Its up to you finally to make it work or not. But i still wonder if i could be wholly content if my world doesnt mold in with someone close to me.

nobody's sayin dat ur world cant be moulded in wit sum1 else's... absolutely possible...

wat i said is dat every person needs 2 b complete by himself... da prob wit most relationships are dat people get into it jus 2 experience a sense of completeness... u cannot find completeness outside of you... U r alwys complete frm within...
nw wen 2 incomplete individuals cme 2gether & try 2 achieve a sense of completion, it usually doesnt work...
all i'm sayin' is dat external factors shud remain wat they r... EXTERNAL factors... they shudn't affect ur energy level. they certainly will affect ur choices in life but never shud they be able 2 interfere wit energy fields...

@diepiggy: da preachr & disciple thingy can b termed as karma... as Gita says... every man has a mission, a karma 2 b fulfilled...

in dat sense, every seemingly selfless action can b seen as selfish since they r done wit the motive of achieving missions or karmas...

da bees in search of honey unknowingly help plants in reproduction thru pollination...
all da bee is engaged in is a completely self-centred act of collecting honey- but the act is designd in such a way dat it facilitates sum other scheme of things...
ways of nature...

ny givn day, u reach out & touch the lives of so many people, sum knowingly, sum unknowingly...
these actions in themselves r imp, however wat's more imp is how u use da energy dat u derive frm these actions...
hope i'm makin' sense...           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
MellonCollie

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 5, 2005 03:06
You are always complete from within...

Its kind of sad how many people lose sight of what is fundamentally most important. You have relationships with a person, THE person, and everybody else...but its all an enriching experience, not so much fulfillment. You complement each other and grow together and maybe even become conditioned to each other like Karma said but it is not the sole reason for being or being..the minute you lost sight of what it is for wht it is its all going to fall apart. humpty dumpty. woohoo.EZPERIENCE..

<<morbid overtones??>> its fucking grey out after a few days of beautiful sunshine. i was thinking this is too good to be true, and the gods showed me why this is the hole of an island called great britain.

Not too deviate. aaaaaaaaaam. sri sri ravi shankar, i went to the workshop. my instructor told me something id believed my whole life. BE SELFISH. i think you can be selfish in the way u live your life and still be selfless. you got to look the hell out for yourself, cos if youre struggling how are you going to help any one (and yourself)

Osho book!! very good read. freaked my parents out though. hehe.

im going to drown in my property law book now, but hey if any one can find somerset maugham - the razors edge...welcome to the land of my favourite book.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

The Darkness, it lies waiting. Dormant but ever ready...to envelope us all. Embrace it or denounce it, one must pick a path.
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 5, 2005 07:08
@ MellonCollie

Or the minute you make something which is in itself simple, into a major issue than thats going to just end up in a downward spiral.

'be selfish'. dont u think those words are a bit harsh. ? I mean im sure if u think about it it makes sense. but does it mean be selfish in general or be selfish towards making yourself more aware.
Same with whether u mean strugglin within oneself or struggling in day to day life. ?

@ mysticmessiah

totally agree abt the reason we get into relationships. To find some sort of way we can complete ourselves. The real deal is finding some way you can be complete without anybody else.
thid doesnt mena u shud be a loner-stoner condeming ppl for needing someone else, on the contrary i think after i finally realize myslef and understand what i want from myself or how i can make myself 'me' i think i would enjoy and appreciate the warmth of someone else even better.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : May 5, 2005 09:51
Quote:

On 2005-05-03 23:07, mysticmessiah wrote:

but dat wasn't my questn... wen u say our body has 7*10 raised to the power of 18 J of energy, whr does dat energy cme frm...? energy cn neithr be created nor be destroyed, remember...?
i jus wantd 2 find out if dis fig is arrivd at by summin up all the diff forms of energy dis body contains...

yep the figure of 7* 10 raised to the power of 18 joules is the amount of total energy our body has at any given point... the sum of all kinetic, and other energies too.

as righly said energy can not be distroyed but only shanges form... in our body we have billions and billions of cells and each cell has billions and billions of ATP these are our batterries they soak the energy from the food, water, sun etc for us and then distribute it further.

we use energy for a whole lot of things... to pump blood, defy gravity, fight infection, fluch toxins and the list goes on

so back to the question yes it is partly the sum of everything,

and yeah i think u should check out Bill Bryson... since u are well aware and sound int u would really like the book           Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
---------------------------------------------
Protons and Proteins
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 5, 2005 10:15

he he he

now i dont wanna start with Mathamatics but we all remember SETS...circles A, B, C would superimposed each other giving ways to diff permutation and combinations to growth.

yes its all about growth, all about development, all about elimination of the week.

being selfish is being insecure and there are no two ways about it.

its when u selfish u always eying returns as u think u did some thing so special resticting your vision of yourself only to that much... which inturn makes to insecure for u start feeling that u will never be able to to some thing better than that.

we hinder our own development by thinking we had enough and cant do more... its when u make up your mind that u cannot stertch more... its when u make up your mind that this is me... as soon as i and me come into the picture u have attitude... which asks u to protect your ego...

and having an Ego will never take u far for you'll keep fighting your self as well as your superego... that is whu we always have a good and a bad... the angel and devil on the shoulders... one asking u to do what u feel like and other always saying not to and u in between wondering how, why, when...

order
system
whats going on here???

its quite a paradox...
          Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
Protons and Proteins
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 5, 2005 10:20

and no comments about why we get into a relationship           Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
Protons and Proteins
gaganja

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 5, 2005 14:52
for the punenuts ... u can chek out the book,
'Autobiography of a Yogi' ,
at Basho's ,salunkhe vihar road.
jus saw it this mornin!good bok!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 5, 2005 21:03
Quote:

On 2005-05-05 10:15, sorceress wrote:

being selfish is being insecure and there are no two ways about it.

its when u selfish u always eying returns as u think u did some thing so special resticting your vision of yourself only to that much... which inturn makes to insecure for u start feeling that u will never be able to to some thing better than that.

we hinder our own development by thinking we had enough and cant do more... its when u make up your mind that u cannot stertch more... its when u make up your mind that this is me... as soon as i and me come into the picture u have attitude... which asks u to protect your ego...

and having an Ego will never take u far for you'll keep fighting your self as well as your superego... that is whu we always have a good and a bad... the angel and devil on the shoulders... one asking u to do what u feel like and other always saying not to and u in between wondering how, why, when...

order
system
whats going on here???

its quite a paradox...

Quite like what Freudians believe. the same 'id' which is our pleasure zone. Than comes our 'ego' whcih seeks to fulfill these pleasures one way or the other and than finally we have the 'superego' which works as our conscience or whatever you wann call it. More like a reality check.
So what are ur comments abt 'relationships' ?           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 5, 2005 21:19

i dont beleive in them... relationships

its sad how one is willing to give up the moment which is so beautiful in the conquest of better ones.

its sad how one keeps looking for that one person to make him whole and use that as an excuse to not do anything about his short commings.

its sad how humans love to live in misery... when in a relationship they make them selves misrable which hows on there partner too.

its atrocious how u would not wanna restrict your reactive behaviour with that some one so special as u are on a conquest for being your self.

its amazing how selfish one is to get into a relationship and ties the other person down.

its fasinating to come across people who first say they love u then soon decide to hate u...

may be i just did not get it... but i do know amm rejuvanated afetr spending some time with my self.

people say i love so much that i suffocate the other person with it...

ha ha ha

people today just do not know how to be happy and are ready to blame everyone for everything
          Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
Protons and Proteins
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 5, 2005 21:26

basically

we all work like hanuman who had to be reminded of his own powers... when he burnt lanka down

and think we are like lord ramma who knew what he was.

u gotta love yourself and then u will love everyone and u do not need to be in a relationship for the same for when u have your umblical cords entwined with some one... u know it and not push it           Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
Protons and Proteins
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 5, 2005 23:58
r they dat bad, relationships...?

they wont be, if u stop feedin on them... most of da relationships chnge shape to form hideous monsters wen 1 or both involvd strt leanin on da other...
expectatns... the beginning of da end...

but den, dat's 1 skill hard 2 master
formin a complete circle within urself is easier said thn done... it needs complete awareness, & a very open mind...
also, da magic word... appreciation!!!

i agree wen u say tht v need 2 b constntly reminded of our capabilities; da power of the conscious & sub-conscious is highly underestimated...
da mind wen focussed cn do wondrous things...
but till then...

i read a quote recently-

marriage is a wonderful thing; it feels so special 2 find the special sumone u wanna annoy the rest of ur life...

jus a breather frm all dis heavy-duty discussion           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 6, 2005 08:39
Quote:

On 2005-05-05 23:58, mysticmessiah wrote:

i read a quote recently-

marriage is a wonderful thing; it feels so special 2 find the special sumone u wanna annoy the rest of ur life...

said well.

so to point out to what we were talking about

it depends entirely on a person of how he wants his life to shape up...

its entirely our choice as to what we let affect us

we all have the power.

very tempted to say He-man          Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
Protons and Proteins
jabba

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 6, 2005 08:49
"While I do think religion is often an obstacle to God, I do also find comfort in it on occasions -- whether it's a mass around the corner from where we live, or a Protestant Gospel Hall I might find on the road."

-- Bono, in late 2001

Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance