Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

theherbman420

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 21:15
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 08:12, *Karma Cola* wrote:

I havent come across this book.

Is it worth a read ???

the cover looks pretty dope actually, which is why i picked it up, besides the fact that it was in the travel section. and then you start reading it and realize its crap. then you read more and slowly it crawls back into the tolerable range.
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 21:56
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 18:17, jabba wrote:
@ KC i long time back read vivekananda (am sure its been widely read, now maybe hard to find some brit publication and shall post details once i take it out o the attic) and later read similar books also Ramchandra paramhamsa .......... well the books talk about life of the person but it cleared a lot for me ................. and one thing i learnt that more you seek more you loose on it and more you believe and realize the exisitence of non material world the more insight your soul gets on spirituality ..........

Then Geeta as in bhagvata geeta am sure most must have read ............ the stories and things are diff. but the meanings are truely spiritual there are others that i read and forgot just stays in the subconcious mind .... will post the names later, after a spliff all washed out so shall scroll the mind menu some time and shall do that ....

nice topic though
peace bro
Dev

Yeah.. do let me know what books ur talkin about.

Actually..Ive read somthn similar to Vivekananda's by another great sage called Basveshwara...
Some mighty prose and thoughts.

I havent read the whole Bhagavad Gita tho. I have read it in part.. but that does not count. I must get myself a copy but in the Midwest its unlikely

Sometimes Im just amazed by this stuff that was written so long ago.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 23, 2005 21:59
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 05:21, diepiggypiggydie on digene wrote:

and yeah the last time i walked in stoned in a book shop.. i walked out with a very lousy book which im still stuck with reading.. cause i still havent finished that either.. " me talk pretty one day " james sedaris... wonder what it wsa about that titile that attracted me to it!

"Me talk pretty..."
I just read it like last month... Yeah.. was a lil trashy..

But i think the anticipated Kookiness was what interested me.. But i read it after Salman Rushdie's "Fury".. so it was nice and light for me.

But yea.. Man, he had issues!!!
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
MellonCollie

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 22:31
at Karma... www.amazon.co.uk or amazon.com depending where you are. Books are fucking expensive everywere but India and especially in England. I do have a copy of the Gita though, and Ive read a bit from time to time (thanks bro!)

Salman Rushie if you haven't read it yet, the ground beneath her feet is probably my favourite book by him. its a total different vein of writing then his usual stuff but very very good nonetheless. furys great, makes for very intense reading though...arg.

Holy Cow is shite, I love travel books but this is not one worth mentioning. I heard two english guys in Goa talking about it and 'the social evils' that plague indian, forced marriages and child marriages and the whole mother load. i was sorta seething cos' they were hella loud...and then one turned around and asked me how long i'd been married..just cos' we were two indian people, lets just use every stereotype we know and apply it. hahahahahaha. lets just say he got a piece of my mind but thats one of the reasons i dont like the books - it comes off as superior sounding most of the way through, a little redemption towards the end.

@die piggy, yeh she lives, like i said Finally a topic worth a post... not much here is... I got a book to suggest for you too, check out Hells Angels - Hunter Thompson or look for 'in search of heaven' its an amazing book about the first few experiences people travelling to india had. wish i remembered the proper name or the author or still had my copy. think its in the list of suggested reading in the lonely planet on India..

Bon Apetit!

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

The Darkness, it lies waiting. Dormant but ever ready...to envelope us all. Embrace it or denounce it, one must pick a path.
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 00:35
@MellonCollie

Yeah..tryin to look for the book ur talkin abt.

A nice light read are the books by Paulo Coelho.

"the Alchemist", "Valkyries"..etc.. there are a bunch of them. Try and pick one up.

He talks about the eternals earch for truth all of us innately seek, whether we understand it or not.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
mysticmessiah

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 24, 2005 14:49
hey mates!!!

ILLUSIONS by Richard Bach is also an xcellent read! a very interesting string of thot...           ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 17:39
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 14:49, mysticmessiah wrote:
hey mates!!!

ILLUSIONS by Richard Bach is also an xcellent read! a very interesting string of thot...

Yes, Most of Richard Bachs books are easily digestible. Short and not entirely super complex..But great fun to read
Have u read 'Messiah' ?           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
MellonCollie

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 19:41
Hey... Thanks for the recommendations, I read 'the alchemist' and I couldnt even finish it. Thought it was kinda shit. Hehe but apparently im the only person who thinks so. I liked one bach book - the seagull one, i cant remember the name.

Milan Kundera - The Book of Laughter and Forgetting. Very very good.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

The Darkness, it lies waiting. Dormant but ever ready...to envelope us all. Embrace it or denounce it, one must pick a path.
mysticmessiah

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 19:46
@karmacola never knew bach had writtn a book called just "messiah". all i've heard of is "the adventures of the reluctant messiah" which is da same as illusions dat i was talkin abt...

pls enlighten...

@mellocollie ya mate! dat book is cald Jonathan Livingstone, A Sea Gull...
xcellent read...
MellonCollie

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 20:27
I just remembered... Isnt there a book called karma cola? I read it last year... a bit tedious but gets the point across. I think its by the Gita Mehta... ?            Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 21:07
@MEllonCollie

Yes, I gathered you swing in a different direction. In terms of 'books' i mean.

And yes, once agin..Gita Mehta's "Karma Cola" was a thick book. Should try and read 'River Sutra" by her. I preferred that one.

And as 'mysticmessiah' said its called Jonathan Livingston Seagull.. And its pretty wicked in simpler sort of way.

@MysticMessiah

Im sure there's a book by him called Messiah. Maybe im confuded tho..... Dammit!

Had a nice chat witha friend of mine about *** "Reincarnation"***. And it did get pretty interesting.

Wondering what you guys thought about it???
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
psychoshiv
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 24, 2005 21:35
1000thousand paths to tranquility-david baird....else jus listen 2 wat i say!..luv psychoshiv!           To live his own life,then again n again 4 the remainder of that life he must trade the illusion of uncertainty 4 the holy insecurity of never knowin 4 sure whats it all bout!..luv psycoshiv!
mysticmessiah

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 21:37
reincarnation!!! ya m sure dat cud lead 2 a very interestng discussion...

well, i've a simple theory abt reincarnatn...

every living being, every single cell has energy; dormant energy. the total amt of energy in the univ is always constnt. which means dat energy jus keeps changing forms...
v r a bundle of energy; every life dat we live is a manifestation of dat energy in a specific form, & it jus keeps transfrmng itself... reincarnating & reinventing itself...
well, dat's wat i feel
debates welcome...
          ~~ I'm a guest in my own Reality~~
BoOoM!!!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 24, 2005 23:11
@Mystic Messiah

Ok, so if its just a reinvention of our dormant energy how do u explain the belief that We as humans have attained the highest form of reincarnation (isnt there somethn like that...)
Anyways... Does this mean we constantly evolve using this energy..??           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
MellonCollie

Posted : Apr 25, 2005 03:33
Considering im grappling with four massive essays and a deadline 18 hours away all I can say about reincarnation is that in my next life I want to be a professional footballer (preferably an italian one)

No shit, seriously. reincarnation of energy? or life? everything is cyclical or thats what I feel is the jist of every and specifically Hindu religion and mythology. is simple really what goes around comes around, hell in this life not when we die cos' whats the point of retribution if we're dead. but if we're in hell post death are we dead?

-- much red bull ridden musings. enjoy. back to fucking criminal liability.

if you're still looking for more books Muhammad by Karen Armstrong and The Battle for God are really insightful, and really educational. its time to stop being morons.            Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance