First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:38
And labels have to release better music, then they will sell more.            Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:43
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 17:36, EYB wrote:
U r right indians know how to trade proberbly

But it is maybe the fault of the labels that rlease so much instead of trading it.

again you just keep repeating yourself over and over again about how it's all the labels faults that people trade music. To me that's a very weird way of looking at things mate. How can it be the labels fault that someone download 50-100 tracks a day and immediately swop those tracks to get even more tracks? Please enlighten me with an intelligent answer please... If you got one
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:44
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 17:38, EYB wrote:
And labels have to release better music, then they will sell more.

Oh yeah that's the solution. Please all artists and labels. Just make and release better music and people will start to buy your music... (irony)
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:48
Sorry if it wasn't clear as sarcasm about the threat and the situation.

Peace            Signature
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:49
@DETOX
So promotion is only neccessary for not so well known acts??
I don't think so.
And the labels that made big sales in the mid 90's when trance was in fashoin didn't seem to think so.

The difference with the lables you mentioned is that they where serious organisations and did proper promotion getting people to know about thier music.
Not that I think it's great that lables in this scene would be run just like a major label, but can I ask you:
I take it you are the label manager on Exposure Productions.
Who is your PR manager?
Who is your A n'R manager.

I think hardly any of the labels in this scene they have someone employed that has experience in promotion or running a label in the way a major label does.
It's normally a single person running it from the bedroom complaining that they don't sell 30 000 copies per release like labels used to do before Mp3.
The thing is you cannot compare how the more sucessful labels was run 10 yrs ago and the type of labels the scene is full of today.

Ok, so compared to mid 90's each release sell maybe 90% less than they used to.
Why?

The sales is low because it's less trendy with trance today, so only people that is freaks that like to spend their money on parties, drugs and travel.

The sales is low because there is loads of releases and labels.
'
The sales is low because labels cannot provide a more convenient service than the "mp3 mafia" even if people would like to pay.

And yes...the sales have gone down a bit due to downloading. Overall we are talking 10-15% across the board in the music industry.

I still do not understand why labels focus on the other 75-80% in lost sales that quite obviously cannot be releated to downloads.
Unless trance fans is some 800% more likely to download instead of buying than other music consumers.

For me it's no doubt about that it's very hard to do well without the support from mp3 for underground music. Even GMS need attention to keep selling music, and anyone who want to become the new GMS will need it too.
          (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:53
back to the same problem again i think this is the most argued subject here.any way its funny someone stands up for legal and illegal. it´s funny to me and makes me wonder that these guys so called artists and label editors that are defending there business and i respect that,but they dont have nothing illegal ???!!!man parties are full of illegal drugs and i dont see no one talks about it i even see posts about drugs here and they are illegal.what you come to me and tell me that you dont have gmes films music computer programs that are copys well if you dont have you must be some kind of wonder.i know that some people here want to stay in the past.but internet is the future and some guys have to accept it.and find other ways to sell cds i download also many albums and those i like ill buy them and this is nothing about support their job because i also work and dont expect tha people support me i have to find ways to stand my bussiness and artists also.and like someone say some artists have to give tanks to downloading if not no one knew them and they tired us with sick promotions here.all of this make me remind some politics that tlak tlak talk just to get hour vote

PEACE TO ALL
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:01
So to justify people stealing my music (just a matter of speaking even though they do) you say that it's ok because some artists or labels also steal?
That's a very very weird way of looking at things mate. So if I go to a shop to steal a pair of jeans it's ok that the shop owner steal my car? I would love to see how the world would be like if such views made it into laws... Does Chaos ring a bell?

Again we can argue and argue about this day out and day in... We wont see eye to eye so I rather ask those who wont pay for music.....

What will make you pay for the music? Tell me clear and 100% honest once and for all and I will be more than happy as an artist to try and see what i can do to make those of you that like my music happy. I promise that!

But dont start with excuses and pointing fingers... Give me real suggestions I can use in real life!
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:02
Ghandava - I agree, yes good said

All who complain here have surely something copyrighted copied at home. But i know some people say know: 'no i never copied/downloaded something copyrighted'

And then say i: YOU ARE A LIE-ER

Signature
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:06
@HandA

1. I needed to download ur music to see if it fits to me/if i like it

2. I have to love it

3. I have got some bucks and time to order it

3.1 if i order i have to order more then 1 cd coz it would be shit to pay porto for only one cd, so there must be more music that fits to point 1+2 at this time

3.1.alternative i see ur cd in shop and have some bucks in my pocket

Hope i helped

Peace

Signature
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:08
hey detox.. are you really so closed minded that you are here to complain about mp3s and not quick enough to try to adapt to the new world? the world is changing my friend, and you CANT (I REPEAT, YOU CANT) stop mp3 trading... Who cares how it was back then, its NOT how it is right now... So wake up, and do something about it...

Again I say that labels complain to much and do too little.. Shitty covers, no new concepts, same old formula music, no joint-label deals, etc etc etc... Do something about it, or you think the psy world will change because you are complaining in a forum?

plus, you gave examples on people who didnt buy your cd, but I have many friends who download and then buy.. I doubt that is a good argument though, because you can´t know whats the real average, neither me nor you...

handA,
"Or should they just bend their necks and be slaves to you and your peers ripping of their msuic?"

do you know anything about me?!

I have bought 30 cds in the last 2 months, much more than most people, and I pay 60% taxes and my money is devaluated..
so dont give me that shit about me ripping people´s music and killing the scene.. I doubt you would do the same if you were in my position, having to pay so much...
and artists, again I say, many are getting gigs that they wouldnt without mp3s.... So how can you really say if they are in the end getting a bad deal or not with mp3s? think about it a little before crucifying mp3s blindly
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:10
We could stop trying be commercial checkers and all problems would be gone.

Ok dumb idea            Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:15
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 18:08, sherlockalien wrote:
do you know anything about me?!

I have bought 30 cds in the last 2 months, much more than most people, and I pay 60% taxes and my money is devaluated..
so dont give me that shit about me ripping people´s music and killing the scene.. I doubt you would do the same if you were in my position, having to pay so much...
and artists, again I say, many are getting gigs that they wouldnt without mp3s.... So how can you really say if they are in the end getting a bad deal or not with mp3s? think about it a little before crucifying mp3s blindly

I did not accuse you personal... When I say "you" I mean people in general... Sorry I will try and write it more clear in the future.. my mistake.

yes some get gigs from mp3's but I am very sceptic that most artists get gigs because of mp3's... I can only speak about how I have gotten my gigs over the years and indeed today... Mostly it's due to a lot of hard work selling myself to the promoters and of course due to my music... But believe me I have never gotten gigs just sitting around waiting for the gigs and relying on some people listening to mp3's of my music.... It's been lots of hard work with a lot of phone calls and e-mails. Yes my music got/give me gigs too.. But only after a long time fighting to get gigs... Not because some person in Georgia (just an example...not reality related) listened to a pm3 of one of my tracks... I am sure most artists will agree with me and tell you the exact same about how they get gigs!

We are not all Astrix, GMS ect Some of us (99%) have to fight for our gigs.

I just happen to be lucky that I know how to sell myself to promoters and still today have my name "Elysium" to refer to (abuse...lol)... And yes I refer to it as much as I can
_Vanessa_

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:19
this thread is helping me dislike trance more and more

thank so much guys

I have been looking for a way out oh

u making it

please continue, I can't wait to get out of this trance world and start dowloading again (never trance)
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:20
ok, sorry if I acted rude, but I really dislike being accused of things... no hard feelings =)

for the gigs and mp3s... its the same as the rest of the discussion.. we cant know for sure... I still dont agree when people try to make mp3s the villain and devils of the whole story, when there are MANY other factors involved...

I already gave a few suggestions to labels, and to artists, well, I say stop making formula music, and stop with this ´top 10 killah´ bullshit.. that is also a big factor in all this ego deal about having the latest unreleased killa

appart from that, well.. I dont know...
I do my part, and I know that mp3s are not really evil, and neither really good.. they just are... it depends a lot..
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 18:22
off topic:
well vanessa, that is really not something I can understand..

so you judge and have opinions about a music because of a thread on the internet? thats really weird, and if you really like the music, its not someone else´s attitude that would make you dislike it...

Of course, you may choose not to participate in parties or whatever, but that shouldnt affect your music taste...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance