First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 15:17
Sharing mp3s and other stuff will lead to faster development of the people minds.

No one said that she/he can't afford to buy music, we all buy cds, but we can not buy all cds. But we can listen to this music when we don't load the mp3s. Internet is part of future evolution.

Quote:

The truely poor guy in India (or wherevere) would not have bought the CD anyway but they WOULD!!!!

Common, thats bullshit. U can not say what thousands of people WOULD do. Maybe they just would steal the cds from the store.

Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 15:29
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 15:17, EYB wrote:Common, thats bullshit. U can not say what thousands of people WOULD do. Maybe they just would steal the cds from the store.

I doubt it but if they did so quite a few of them would get caught and end up at the local Police Station

But it's so easy and safe to sit in your chair behind the Screen and download 50-100 tracks a week!
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 15:33
Quote:

On 2005-02-12 17:33, EYB wrote:
I shit on prelistening on the psyshops sites. I know nothing about a track if i hear it not completly.

That's a contradictory statement in my opinion.. You say you need the full lenght, but besides you accept the drop of quality..

Having said that already : the saikosounds samples are 4 minutes long.. if that is not ennuf to build a strong opinion about a track..           .
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 15:37
I suggest everybody that complains about music here to broaden their horizons. Take other genres into your "musical mix" and you'll see that you can get lots of quality music. Take the electronic/ambient/idm scene for example. Netlabels like autoplate, thinner and sutemos (search for them on Google for instance) deliver quality mp3's from lots of unknown and known electronic artists. I found to be lots of talent there. At least, if you want to expand beyond psytrance.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 15:50
" Sherlock the percentage of people that first download a cd and then buy the original is very very very very very small. "

have you any research on that? For personal experience, I see quite a lot of downloading and then buying actually.. me included..

Btw, that bullshit about poor countries and people can buy.. You guys know nothing.. Did you know that in Brazil, you have to pay 60% (!!!!!!) of taxes for imported cds?!

What about the fact that the currency is devaluated here, worth about 3 or 4 times less?!

so tell me, would you have bought as much as you did if the cds costed 60$ each?!

You think just because someone is using fast internet, it means he has money to buy all your records?!

start making changes in your label to adapt, instead of complaining !!
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 16:19
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 13:32, DETOX wrote:
Spindrift when a label like mine sees that more than 5000 lets say people own one of its releases while the sales are limited to 2000 then i think that the label is loosing a lot from internet downloading dont you think?

And how do i know that 5000 people own my release from downloading while my sales are as low as 2000 copies?

Well my new release Digital Performers just came out before two weeks on Monday the 31st of January.Exactly on the next day Tuesday the 1st of February i received emails and PM's on this forum from people from India,Russia,Mexico,Israel,Brasil,Portugal,Yugoslavia and ofcourse Greece who congratulated me about the quality of this release.

When i asked many of them if they bought the cd or not and how is it possible to receive a cd in India or Brasil in just one day (cause i dont sell any copies directly to these countries and people have to buy the cd from internet shops) ALL of them admitted that they downloaded the cd from the internet and some of them trying to explain themself said to me 'we will buy the cd sooner or later in order to have it in original form because we liked it a lot'.

In Greece i know IN PERSONAL at least 30 people that own my cd in a copy from internet downloading.And all this in just two weeks from the official release date,the number will grow much bigger soon as you can understand.Imagine whats going on in Israel or Brasil or Portugal where thousands of people are interested in psy trance....

INTERNET DOWNLOADING KILLS OUR SCENE!

And if it might be good promotion for some artists and provides them with some bookings it certainly doesnt bring nothing back to the labels,especially to labels that invest money and effort on what they are doing.

Any questions concerning my small personal research dear Spindrift?

Yes indeed I have

What makes you belive that people who downloaded it would in fact bought it.
You are using the same logic as RIAA in trying to calculate, but one downloaded copy does not equal one lost sale.
It's just not that simple and I have problme to comprehend how anyone can think it is.

I can say that for example that when the "mythical vortex" i released on resonantearth was released by MYCEL visitors and sales went up by many 100% when the release already had been available for a couple of weeks.
So for me anyway that it appeared was a very nice promotion.

Imagine instead that your release should not show up at all in P2P networks.
I can pretty much guarantee you that it would be a disaster for your sales.

I read some independent research from forrester, and they say that the people who download the most buy most the music. And guess where they go to find the music they like to buy?
Souldseek or DC++.
It's like the radio of today, and before labels used to spend a lot of money plugging their tunes to radio stations. Now the major lables is still doing that, but at the same time trying to stop filesharing.
What the logic behind is beyond me.

To mention figures about how many downladed and how many bought is comlpletly useless.
What you need to know at least to be able to say you done any kind of research is:
1) How many people download the music?
2) How many of those actually buy CD's?
3) How many of the one's that download the music would buy the CD if it was not available for downloading?

I made a tread about the facts and the research I could find titled "the future of the trance industry".
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/54861/forum/1
It seemed like not one label was interested in that subject though, suprisingly enough for some maybe.
I recommend you to check the links I posted in there if you are interested to read up on the only serious independent research I seen on the subject.
          (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 16:44
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 15:50, sherlockalien wrote:
" Sherlock the percentage of people that first download a cd and then buy the original is very very very very very small. "

have you any research on that? For personal experience, I see quite a lot of downloading and then buying actually.. me included..

Btw, that bullshit about poor countries and people can buy.. You guys know nothing.. Did you know that in Brazil, you have to pay 60% (!!!!!!) of taxes for imported cds?!

What about the fact that the currency is devaluated here, worth about 3 or 4 times less?!

so tell me, would you have bought as much as you did if the cds costed 60$ each?!

You think just because someone is using fast internet, it means he has money to buy all your records?!

start making changes in your label to adapt, instead of complaining !!

Do you have any proof backing up your claims mate? I think the labels have all the proof they need.. Decreasing sales... Huge decreasing sales... What more proof do you need?

Yes there's poor people everywhere. I just doubt the have access to the internet and have money to buy CD's... You know in your Country and many other countries... A poor man is really poor. Not poor in the sense of Western standards! I have nothing against such a person downloading my music... But I really doubt such a poor person have any money at all to go online or to even buy a CD

Those who go online donwloading 50-100 tracks to their 250 GB hardrives have plenty of money dude. I am shouting at them.... not the ones that cant even afford a harddrive or a computer and cd's! I have send my music for free to quite a few people asking for it... Why? because I knew they had nothing and that my music made them happy... And I'll continue to give them my music for free.... The rest of you "leechers" can buy it or leave my music alone. No one force you to listen to it. Your of course welcome to pre-listen if you decide to buy

And just so you dont mistake me for someone that's against mp3's. All my old music incl. unreleased tracks will quite soon be free to downlaoad - without any charge! But you see that's my decision to give it away for free.. Not yours
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 16:55
decreasing sales is proof that the mp3s are the fault?!

hahaha thats such a bad argument.. Have you ever thought about all sorts of ´strange variables´ that may have a huge effect? But of course, if you want to think that mp3s are just bad, its like a colour-blind person, that cant really see the different shades that ARE there...

btw, again I ask, would you have bought all you did if cds costed 60$ each? I doubt you would.. and thats what we have to face here.. 60% taxes, and 3 times devaluated money...

Plus, my friend, just because someone has money for a computer, you dont know his priorities, and his situation, so you dont know if he really could spend money on cds.. what if his grandma is sick, or he got the computer for free, or he uses his university´s computer, etc etc whatever... I know not all people have sick gradnmas and have to help her with money, or whatever, but just saying how generalizing that people with internet connections should buy much more is not very correct and accurate...

Labels have A LOT of things to do before really complaining and saying that they have done everything and that mp3s are to blame.. Better covers, different promotions, deals with party organizers, concept products, joint-label deals, etc etc.............................
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:12
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 16:55, sherlockalien wrote:
Labels have A LOT of things to do before really complaining and saying that they have done everything and that mp3s are to blame.. Better covers, different promotions, deals with party organizers, concept products, joint-label deals, etc etc.............................

No I don't blame mp3's. I blame people!

And what about artists then? Do they have any right to complain according to your views? Or should they just bend their necks and be slaves to you and your peers ripping of their msuic? Now that's an interesting question.. It all boils down to one thing. Respect for other people's work and art.If you have respect for other people's creations you at least try to support the them with whatever you can.. If you dont you keep ripping the artists for all they got!

And again I am not talking about the poor guy in India. I am talking about the many many quite well off people out there leeching tons of music every day!

I actually believe that the poor guy would try to buy his favorite music if he could. I doubt any of the spoiled well-off leechers would!
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:18
SHERLOCKALIEN i will give you some examples.In Greece i visit a psy trance channel on a program called IRC which i guess most of the people in this forum know.On that channel there are something like 50 regular users that almost all own my new compilation,do you want to know how many of them first download it and then bought it? NONE...

I got many many friends in Israel,i speak with most of them on MSN,around 20 of them have my new compilation,they download it from some ftp from Russia.You know how many bought the cd in original? NONE...
Plus when i said to some of them to send them a copy they just send to me 'Dont bother Mike 320kbps is almost the same as the original so thank you but save your money from the post expenses'...

This thing happens in every country of this world and from the 100% that download music only 5% of these people,not to say less,buy in original music that they already own in their hard drive.So please save the 'first download then buy original' stuff for someone else who doesnt know how the trance market operates

SPINDRIFT my friend i am not saying that 100% of the people that download music would buy my cds if they couldnt download it.But i am sure that a percentage of them would buy my cds for sure if they just couldnt get it elsewhere,it doesnt matter if these people would be 10% or 20%,what matters is more sales for my label that keeps me operating in the market.

You spoke about your release and how good promotion MYCEL did for you that boosted up your sales.I have never heard your music mate and i dont mean to degrade you or anything like that but i got to tell you that labels that release more well known and even commercial names dont need that kind of promotion since the big names that appear on their compilations is a promotion by itself,i mean what promotion guys like Astrix,Deedrah,X Dream,Skazi,Etnica and GMS need from groups like MYCEL and GEM???
These ripping groups just hurt these labels because the majority of people are looking to download music from the 'major players' and will only download or buy something less known if they see good reviews by other people.In a few words 'everybody' will download a GMS tune because GMS are GMS but nobody will buy/download a Spindrift tune unless he sees some good reviews about it from people who have bought/downloaded his music or unless he downloads everything that he can find online due to his 500000MB line that he has at home hehe.Just look in the unidentified section and you will understand what i am talking about,do you see anywhere any questions concerning an unknown Spindrift/Detox/Producer X tune?The answer is NO,but you for sure can notice 1000 threads concerning the new GMS tunes hehe.

Going to visit your link now           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:19
LOL this is getting funneir and funnier!!

Is it about the moneY?

Are u making music coz u want cash?            Signature
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:24
SHERLOCK i dont think that TIP,Phonokol,Matsuri,Atomic Records and more were having any amazing covers on their cd's back then,neither they had the chance to do any promotion at all in the non existent magazines,forums and sites of that time,neither they could organise so many label events like todays labels are doing.

They were just releasing good music and people were buying it simply because there was no internet back then,no downloading programs,no super fast adsl lines,no cd copying devices and stuff like that.

Today many labels are still releasing good music but the sales decrease no matter what they do simply because of the MP3 MAFIA'S.....           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:27
Maybe the labels could give away mp3s for free of their released and unreleased stuff?

Wouldn't that be a solution?           Signature
damage
damage

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:33
Quote:

On 2005-02-12 17:43, pr0fane wrote:
If you spend so much time downloading, how do you ever get the time to giving the music a thorugh listen?

yes, true that. if i had to listen to just 50 new songs every week, i would also get bored with it. it`s just the way things turn out when you abuse something.

when i went to india , i saw alot of thse mp3 traders at work. downloading trax the whole day long, listening to every trax just ones before trading it again for the next. you can`t honestly tell me that you truely love and respect this scene and the music when you do shit like this.

so stop bitching about bullshit
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 13, 2005 17:36
U r right indians know how to trade proberbly

But it is maybe the fault of the labels that rlease so much instead of trading it.            Signature
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance