First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

ganjagil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 15:37
We are downloading 50 to 100 tracks a week every evening of our life is spent listening to junk shit which is called trance today! Nothing is new it's all fuckin the same! Maybe sometimes we come across something good but still no fresh sounds were are the new artists?????? Were is the music'????

And on the other hand i congatulate the ambient side! WOWOWOWOWOW really good work there it's heaven!

I do not want to make a thread of this because it's all for nothing it's not cool to be trance anymore because it's a trend now!

bom Ganja
          Your sound, is your music, is your soul keep them all on the right track!

Please Check our music at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=438956

www.soulkontakt.com
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 15:51
Who are we? How do you know how many tracks i download a week?           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
ganjagil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 15:59
sorryman i ment me and my friends here in malta           Your sound, is your music, is your soul keep them all on the right track!

Please Check our music at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=438956

www.soulkontakt.com
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 16:45
Respect ganjagil

U r a pro downloader

I hope u are also uploading 50-100 tracks a week, then double respect

And u r right there is lot of music that sounds not so new, but i think you/we can listen it anyways if we see it on its own. Then lot of tracks are quite nice.

Pea C3            Signature
Redlink
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 17:08
wanna know why some things you listen aren't so good as you wished?
Do you ever thinked its perhaps there are too many downloaders that don't give a shit and don't support the trance scene??
The trance scene is underground yet!! These work and cds arent released by the major label companies, so instead of wiping this culture with the piracy and the downloads BUY CDS and SUPPORT THE ARTISTS so they can do better job next time! Artists always try to evolve if you let them! Please don't suffocate artists with the crapy piracy and the lame downloads!!           

Have a good time all the time!
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 12, 2005 17:33
Quote:

On 2005-02-12 17:08, Redlink wrote:
wanna know why some things you listen aren't so good as you wished?
Do you ever thinked its perhaps there are too many downloaders that don't give a shit and don't support the trance scene??
The trance scene is underground yet!! These work and cds arent released by the major label companies, so instead of wiping this culture with the piracy and the downloads BUY CDS and SUPPORT THE ARTISTS so they can do better job next time! Artists always try to evolve if you let them! Please don't suffocate artists with the crapy piracy and the lame downloads!!

LOL,

Who would know any artists if people wouldn't download the tracks they set online to the crowd.
All downloaders i know buy the shit they like, and they wouldn't even know the shit if they hadn't downloaded before.

I shit on prelistening on the psyshops sites. I know nothing about a track if i hear it not completly.

Peace brother            Signature
pr0fane

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 17:43
If you spend so much time downloading, how do you ever get the time to giving the music a thorugh listen?
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 17:47
Quote:

On 2005-02-12 17:33, EYB wrote:
[Who would know any artists if people wouldn't download the tracks they set online to the crowd.
All downloaders i know buy the shit they like, and they wouldn't even know the shit if they hadn't downloaded before.

I shit on prelistening on the psyshops sites. I know nothing about a track if i hear it not completly.

Peace brother

wonder how music was sold and promoted before the internet arrived... hmmm I wonder.
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 17:58
Quote:

On 2005-02-12 17:47, HandA wrote:
wonder how music was sold and promoted before the internet arrived... hmmm I wonder.

NEWSFLASH...the internet has arrived!!!

And how is music sold and promoted now???
The same way as always.

Maybe time to wake up and adapt the business model to reality, because reality just will not to adapt to an outdated business model it seems.

Or nm....let's just keep whinching about the people that refuse to accept that the industry don't seem to have any interest to adapt.

(``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 18:35
Quote:

On 2005-02-12 16:45, EYB wrote:
Respect ganjagil

U r a pro downloader

I hope u are also uploading 50-100 tracks a week, then double respect

And u r right there is lot of music that sounds not so new, but i think you/we can listen it anyways if we see it on its own. Then lot of tracks are quite nice.

I'll begin to state what is wrong with this post.

1) If you download 50-100 tracks a week you are not a pro downloader, you just don't know what to download. Either you aren't using your bandwidth properly and fail at downloading everything, or you try and limit what you download according to quality and fail miserably.

2) Uploading is even worse than downloading, when you decide to steal (and legally, this is what you're doing), at least don't let others do the same.

2.1) And EYB, at the very least, have a certain sense of morality and don't take pride in being a criminal.

3) Music can't sound "new", as "new" and "old" have nothing to do with sound. It's like saying something tastes "green". You aren't dissapointed at it not sounding "new", you are frustrated at not getting it earliest - this has nothing to do with music.

4) READ THE GUIDELINES. Isratrance is officially against trading.

---------------

To the original post: I know what you mean - kinda. A few times I've gotten quite bored with psytrance, and when this happens, I listen to music from other styles (I began with chillout and some Aphex Twin, and broadened my tastes since).

Every time you're bored with psytrance, don't listen to it. Just wait until someone you trust recommends you something as "really kick-ass stuff" and then listen to it. You don't need to bother with getting it new. Instead, focus on getting music you don't know, something that will surprise you. After a few months, you'll be able to rediscover psytrance and see that things have changed in this period of time.
          http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 19:16
ganjagil

If I was u I at least would have the decency to understand if I am such a lamer that d/l 100 tracks per week and not support the artists, then there is no reason bitching why there is no music that takes serious effort and time to make...

Why u think artists are your slaves? So since there is no income in making this kind of music then most of it made by kids at their parents house. ( no offence to no one, they can be as talented as they are, but there is no substitute to knowledge and experience ). 7 - 10 years ago the big bands on the scene were in the music business for 15 years already, experienced musicians, in many fields and many genres of music.

Today it is a generic plastic waste ( most of it ) and the straight blame is for those that d/l 50 to 100 tracks per week ----> u even can't hear them all. U r so pathetic           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 19:17
Quote:
2.1) And EYB, at the very least, have a certain sense of morality and don't take pride in being a criminal.

Ooch, thats sad to see people not being able to distinct between moral and law.

You would think we all know where that leads to.
People beliveing that anything that the govenment demands you to do or not do is morally correct have lead to very horrible things.
And the same mentality is currently in many places resulting in awful atrocities.

Ever heard of the expression "civil disobedience".
Thats normally done on moral grounds because you do not accept the law and don't think it serves the interest of the citizens.

If you think it's morally correct to punish people that download mp3, then thats your view, but please don't try to make it look as a universal "moral".
Most people is for sure not agreeing with those moral values.

I'm not ashamed of smoking dope and find it morally incorrect that people is imprisoned for handling a plant that god created.
I piss in my garden even if it's illegal.

And I sure am proud to not be stupid enough to confuse moral with law and not follow the ignorant leaders we have like a blind sheep.           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
EYB
Noized

Posted : Feb 12, 2005 19:24
Kaz my good friend, u r absolutly right

1. with today bandwith u can download 50-100 albums a week with out problems.

2. If u take u should give. What do u think are u downloading from? From the internet space? No from people who learned the most important thing in our live: 'That live is not only taking, it is also giving.' This fits not only to p2p networks.

2.1 I am a good man. My conscience is free of bad things. I am always trying do live in the right way. I am NOT a criminal. And i think it is not nice to call me one. You never downloaded anything copyrighted?
And mp3s are not the cd, they are not the product u can buy. And it is not 'real' its just bits. Take the mp3s and show them to me, you can't coz they are not here.

3. Don't be smartass. I think u are intellect enough to know what i mean, even if the terms are not the best.

4. I read the guidelines. Common, whats that? U just want to fuck me up or what?
           Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 19:39
This is how I see it.

I am an artists and it should be up to me if I want people to buy my music or if I want to give it away for free. Then it's of course up to people if they want to buy it or not.

If an artist likeyourself Spindrift decide to give your music away for free or whatever you decide then it's fine with me. I got no problem with that what so ever!
But again so you get it. It's up to me if I want to give it away for free or not. It's not yours or anyone else decision mate!

I choose to sell my music because I think i am entitled to make money from what I do and because I think my music is of high quality. No one have the right to tell me what I should do and how i sould think when it come to my music. It's my music NOT yours!

And if people don't agree with me then they should not buy my music. It's as easy as that!

No one force any one to buy anything but get real now. It's no ones right to steal my music or any other artists music! Like it or not Spindrift & Co. I am the legal owner of my music. Even when it's on a CD in the hands of a buyer! That's the law! If you don't like it try and change the law!

I am sure you have a counter answer that in your mind justify your twisted way of looking at things! Shoot away amigos!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Feb 12, 2005 20:00

@Spindrift

First, mate, just want to congratulate u on ur website. Some really good music by Hooga Booga and the gang and i love that i can make my own cd. Cheers!

Back to the topic...

I agree , with Kaz. If you are downloading over 500 tracks a week, your primary motive is maybe just to get ur hands on the latest stuff. And this is a never ending cycle.
This post is not a question about ganjagil's morality or internet piracy. Its about his issue with the music getting churned out every week.
Thats how i interpreted it.
But i cud also argue that Artists are makin trax nowadays with the idea to just stay afloat. Because they cannot even break even with 10 trax a year.

But there is also the Copy-paste invasion and the Full On genre has not really progressed much.
Ambient and Chillout is the stuff to listen. New sounds, new artists with great music.

Recntly, beacuse of this same-ole, typical type of music production, i have been listening to the classics.
Prana
Jupiter8000
Total Eclipse
Eat Static
Cosmosis.

Im just findin a lot more heart and soul in the old school.

Peace!

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance