Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007

zen mechanics
Zen Mechanics

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 15:20
beautiful album...flawless production and the attention to detail and structure is amazing. Clearly a perfectionist at work here. hats off to drew and iboga clan for putting out yet another top notch release!
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 16:58
Quote:

On 2007-08-14 15:14, Acidhive wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-14 01:08, Sandoz wrote:

Well, stupid to me is to guess that the artist himself "evolved" to this sort of music when he already had his own style. Now he stands at a mediocre pathway, somewhere in between he didn't use to be.

Yeah but HE chose it obviously. Get your head out of your ass man and stop talking about artists as if you know what would be best for them. They're free people and have free expression. The fact that he decided to link his own style with the Iboga sound of late doesn't mean he sold out, it means he loved the style and wanted to make something similar, but still different. Quit whining.

Thanlk you Acidhive, some things must be said. Well done.
          http://perfectlystrange.com
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 01:36
It is so god damn free that it has to resemble Iboga's latest music??? What the heck are you talking about here?
I think you are the one who should get the head out the ass since you are stuck with such a constipated opinion about things. I'm sorry that you found this the best album ever, but there are people that aren't happy with its result. I thought this should be a free speech forum, maybe I'm wrong. If the intention is to lick everybody asses here, go ahead and do it yourself, just don't try and convince people it's ok.
And Iboga is in need of a real spokesman, since the ones coming here have obviously a biased opinion about their in-label mates.
Tchau!
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 01:49
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 01:36, Sandoz wrote:
It is so god damn free that it has to resemble Iboga's latest music??? What the heck are you talking about here?
I think you are the one who should get the head out the ass since you are stuck with such a constipated opinion about things. I'm sorry that you found this the best album ever, but there are people that aren't happy with its result. I thought this should be a free speech forum, maybe I'm wrong. If the intention is to lick everybody asses here, go ahead and do it yourself, just don't try and convince people it's ok.
And Iboga is in need of a real spokesman, since the ones coming here have obviously a biased opinion about their in-label mates.
Tchau!

Sandoz I think you miss the point here.

Without anything to do with Iboga, just as one that sits in his studio and makes music, I can tell you that I don't really mind which direction people would like me to turn, or if they think I need to stay with what I am doing.

I do what I feel at the moment and it is mine and only mine decision. Whether I did well or missed big time, it's not up to me to decide but up to the public, but definitely no one, except my own feeling tells me which direction to turn.

So maybe in your opinion Drew went the wrong way, but this is only your opinion. There are many that probably would disagree with you and this is what is nice about music and art altogether.

But slagging him off is a little too brutal don't you think? Don't like it? Listen to something else... No harm done... But from your posts it seems that he is your proprety and should have done exactly what he did before since that is what you appreciate the best.. And this is little wrong my friend ( In my humble opinion )           http://perfectlystrange.com
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 01:52
BTW just to clear something -

Nowadays I am totally not into Psy Progressive. I rarely play 2, 3 tunes of it in my DJ set, so I am really far from being biased here.

I am not talking about music, I am just talking about respecting an artist, he is no ones property.

And if he did something that doesnt meet your needs, it doesnt necessarily means he sold out or gave his soul to devil, maybe he just wanted to do something that didnt fit your taste, that is all.           http://perfectlystrange.com
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 02:39
Hey Yuli, the point here is the review of the album itself...I'm just saying I didn't like it (not quality-wise, cause it is a fine album, but artistically), and for who started listening to SCS sounds in the beginning with those dark guttural synths embedded in this mysterious atmosphere, edged bass lines and so on, this didn't make a good impression. I'm not asking him anything and not even close to slagging him off, I've already stated that I consider him a true artist (at least until now). And I don't want him to be stuck in the past either, nothing like that. But just take for example Antix in a timeline > their sound is trademark, and they still have evolved it into different levels in each album they made. That's what I was hoping when I bought this album, trademark SCS sounds even though he would gather newer influences.

About Iboga now:
I don't know, I find Iboga's approach to full-on (as off galloping bass lines and other awful leads like childish synths and overused ideas) a retreat to their old-school sound, and for some people the label is losing its characteristics...I for one used to buy and play most of the stuff Iboga would release...this just doesn't happen often now.
ed Motive

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 05:18
He wrote what he felt and that is all you can ask for or expect from an artist.
If you like it, fantastic, if not thats fine go listen to his old stuff or something else. Maybe you can find a party in 2003 to go to as well....
He hasnt sold out, he is just inspired in a different way.
If you are so dissapointed Sandoz what is stopping you from going and producing this 'true sound' yourself......?           Open Records, Australia.
*neon nymph*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 08:46
(I think your debates can happily continue without anyone opining on where anyone's head should be. Thank you.)           I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 10:48
ed Motive: I don't need people to review my review, thanks a lot. And be careful with the artists you pick for your label's compilations, most of them have nothing new to offer.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 15:10
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 05:18, ed Motive wrote:
He wrote what he felt and that is all you can ask for or expect from an artist.
If you like it, fantastic, if not thats fine go listen to his old stuff or something else. Maybe you can find a party in 2003 to go to as well....
He hasnt sold out, he is just inspired in a different way.
If you are so dissapointed Sandoz what is stopping you from going and producing this 'true sound' yourself......?

Spoken like a pro. I completely agree. Sandoz, listen to this man, you could learn something. Who cares that YOU think Drew chose the wrong path? He just did choose this path for his own reasons and why are you judging him so harshly because of that? And as Ed said... Go produce his old style if you like it so much.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 16:33
I'm not the one wanting to have an inspiration for something that has already been done over and over again. Get this straight. End of discussion, I have nothing else to say here.
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 17:13
And back on topic           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 17:33
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 02:39, Sandoz wrote:

About Iboga now:
I don't know, I find Iboga's approach to full-on (as off galloping bass lines and other awful leads like childish synths and overused ideas) a retreat to their old-school sound, and for some people the label is losing its characteristics...I for one used to buy and play most of the stuff Iboga would release...this just doesn't happen often now.

When you look at our 50 CD catalogue (+ vinyls and sub-labels sofa beats and Prestige) how can you come to a conclusion like this above written?? I dare say that the labels we run and our artists spans a broad spectrum of variety, development has always been present and that goes all the way back

One thing is for sure and that is we will continue what we do and fact remains that we cant win em all, some like, some dont, always be like this with all things...

Andrew (SCS) has chosen to write his album the way he did and i know that he has put loads of effort into making this special and i think he did super well. I dont think he has sold his soul, what a weird thing to say about his new album, which is truely his own sound, and in perfect step forward from his previous material from some years back.

www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 15, 2007 23:20
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 17:33, Banel wrote:

I dont think he has sold his soul, what a weird thing to say about his new album, which is ...

Where did I say that?

Maybe it's a particular vision, but I would rather if "Iboga" (ipsis literis) would find its roots.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 16, 2007 00:44
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 23:20, Sandoz wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 17:33, Banel wrote:

I dont think he has sold his soul, what a weird thing to say about his new album, which is ...

Ain't gonna happen. And besides, I for one am really happy with Iboga the way they are now. To me, they evolved. The styles on offer now on Iboga and its sublabels are great. So, it's your vote against mine, breaks even.

Where did I say that?

Maybe it's a particular vision, but I would rather if "Iboga" (ipsis literis) would find its roots.

"Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance