Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007

Osiris Indriya

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 11:04
I am listening to an advance of this album for the third time and you can bet you will hear at least one of these fabulous tribal progressive tracks from down under in all my sets this summer. Just tough enough with plenty of space, this is the tribal progressive release on Iboga that I have been waiting for!

My personal favorites:

8) Spines
This one is deep, thick and huge! There is more space between the more aggressive hits and larger bass. It is like running away from something that wants to eat you, but there is a part of you that hopes to be caught.

7) Muddlehead.100
An almost 11.5 minute epic, this track never drops you. SCS offers a more melodic journey with nice key changes. There is a longer breakdown at about 7.5 minutes so you can mix out if you like, but the final act is worth your patience if you can stick it through.

5) Exubrious
More tribal goodness with big farty synths that swarm and sweep through the soundscape. The kick is a bit softer and in general this has a more laid back groove though the pads are thick and in perpetual motion. I am reminded of my favorite tracks from Antix "Lull" with a bit more of an edge. Two thirds of the way into this the Nu-Skool-Breaks-like distorted leads are refreshing and take this track into bold new territory.

2) Polarized
The second track offers a uplifting story about an infectious interlocking tribe of synth lines, molodies and dramatic pads. Things look tense for our heroes as the tribal drums become more present and the distorted stabs become more insistant creating a more dire feel. In the end the side-chain wins by reminding us that thar we can smile with the sun on our face. (PERFECT SUNRISE!)

3) Kick Me Shake ME
An obvious follow up to Polarized, here is another older Antix-like builder with a short and sweet break-beat break at about 3.5 minutes. One of the funkier numbers on the disc, this one is another daytime or beach party moment.

Honorable mention goes to track nine "The Big Mistake of 2008" and track six "Here Come the Titans" which are both totally dance floor pleasers as well but did not grab me as solidly as the others. "Only Human" is a swirling Jaia-like opener straight from heaven and the title track offers a short and chill reprieve from bpms over 128 keeping your ears fresh for more treats to come. Can we look forward to an SCS downtempo sideproject? (If there is one already, excuse me for my ignorance and hook a brother up!)

Anyone who knows me or has seen my CD books knows I don't usually play more than 2 tracks per album, but there are so many great and creative tracks that I struggled to limit myself to five favorites. This album is right in the pocket of my favorite style and the overall production is very solid and clear.

---------------------------------

The official label release info from the Iboga Records website (www.iboga.dk):

IbogaCD48 - Scienza Nuova

1. Only Human [A Day In Forever]
2. Polarized
3. Kick Me Shake Me
4. Scienza Nuova
5. Exubrious
6. Here Comes The Titans
7. Muddlehead.100
8. Spines
9. The Big Mistake Of ‘08

Iboga Records Presents the long awaited debut album from Australia´s “SunControlSpecies”.

Andrew Davidson aka SunControlSpecies and Wombat, has finally finished years of work and preparation towards this smashing debut album.
Andrew has in recent years been considered to be at the forefront of writers in the progressive trance scene down under. Now he is fully ready to conquer the rest of the world with his deep and heartfelt music.

Andrew is known for his engagement and thought through productions, putting a lot of effort and detail in every section of his compositions.

SunControlSpecies already had a couple of hits on Iboga, mainly the track “Two Point Five” from 2006, on the successful Summer Collection Vol.II Compilation.

Make sure you don’t miss out on one of the most interesting composers in the genre.

Direct link to the info on the Iboga Records website:
http://iboga.dk/index.php?release=IbogaCD48          music and tour dates at...
http://www.osirisindriya.com
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 12:00
cant see it anywhere on saikosounds or psyshop
          missing plug-in
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 12:49
Quote:

On 2007-06-23 12:00, exotic wrote:
cant see it anywhere on saikosounds or psyshop

That's because it isn't released yet. Should be coming out sometime next week.

And yeah, it rocks - deep, sophisticated progressive psytrance made for the outdoors.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 13:51
Quote:

On 2007-06-23 12:49, pr0fane wrote:
It isn't released yet. Should be coming out sometime next week.

Correct! It will be out very soon, i will announce the exact date asap...
Besides this, it seems that the digital release this time will appear AFTER the CD release.          www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 15:28
woooooow

iboga records is factory......every week new release!

it become the biggest commercial label!

sad but true!

www.myspace.com/aliasix
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 16:39
Quote:

On 2007-06-23 15:28, Alias wrote:
woooooow

sad but true!

So basically what u say Alias, is that for a label to be REALLY good, is to release 1 release per 3 months? That will make it underground etc... What a bullshit...

I would seriously advice to listen to the music- if you like it, great.. if you don't like it, then maybe some other release, but what with those stupid senseless remarks?.. Don't you guys tired of this? Especially that I can guess that you wouldn't buy any of those releases anyway, why do you care about commercial or not?

http://perfectlystrange.com
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 23, 2007 17:30
haha
what ?....its not free forum anymore

iboga is one of the best labels.....but lately its not IMHO

quantity cannot be quality

example:..aleph zero!....or even tribal vision

yuli with all respect ...why you taking this personal

and the worst part is your language.....

hahheh....why you think im not buying original albums?

i have no money problem....so i can buy any album i i want!

we always can shit about hommega, tip, ...etc
but other labels are saints!

good luck with your album!

www.myspace.com/aliasix
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Posted : Jun 23, 2007 17:47
Quantity can be quality if its good enough.

The funny thing is that you haven't even heard the SCS album ( which is his FIRST artist album after some 5 years of expectations ). The album released 2 weeks ago was Antix album, which gets pretty excellent reviews all over.

What is your problem?

No one wants your music so you are little upset?

How's that for my language?

If you think that badmouthing labels is cool but there wont be anyone to answer you, you are wrong. I have no problem doing that
          http://perfectlystrange.com
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 23, 2007 17:55
first of all i didnt talked about this album!

second you talking....with dirty language !...its not nice from you!

i said iboga is one of the best labels...is this badmouthing?

third!....im making chillout music for fun....not prog !
i have my little business....no need labels for earning money!...and i dont want to be famous

my label is isratrance new tracks section
          www.myspace.com/aliasix
DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 20:15
Quote:

On 2007-06-23 17:47, Fu Hsi wrote:
the SCS album ( which is his FIRST artist album after some 5 years of expectations ).

For sure MANY years of high expectations!
I wish more artist would really spend more time until they unleash their beast of an album
Im sure Drew's album is dripping with quality and to be honest I can't freakin wait to hear it!

BUju           www.domorecords.com
www.myspace.com/domorec
www.myspace.com/tupanrecords
Janue
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 21:38
Quote:

woooooow

sad but true!

Dude , this album has been anounced since a long time ago, this wasnt some thing that came out of nowhere.Im happy to see that SCS has an album and its gonna be release it soon.

I know this is a free speach forum, but i been reading your posts from some days and it seems that u have some personal issues with yuli or iboga, dont know just feels that.

And commercial?? huhh, dont know man , actually the 90% of the world gives a damn about the trance scene so. dont know i dont feel that commercial yet.

Music speaks more than me or you,all i can say is that SCS album with shut up everybody!

Later M8s!!
          If u are Something, Dont ask for nothing
If u are Nothing, Dont ask for something
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 23, 2007 22:13
Dual brother(janue):

dude ....you should read before you making quick response!

plz give me one example when i said bad word about iboga or yuli!

1.most of my prog collection is from iboga!
and if i can buy albums from label ....i can criticize them!....
i never said crapy words about any label!

2. if you will search my posts here on isratrance...you will find that i never said one bad word about Yuli!

actually i always said that he is one of the best artists in the psy scene!....
im listening his music since Blt project!...not only from today!

good buy!

www.myspace.com/aliasix
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Posted : Jun 23, 2007 22:24
There is nothing personal here,

My only point is very simple -

Label CAN release 3 releases in 2 months and still keep them high standard ones.

At least one that criticizes the fact there are "too much" releases has to do the minimum and listen to the music.

But when a person start going commercial this and commercial that, bla bla bla without even listening to the actual product its highly annoying, especially due to the fact that there are people that work hard on their music and maybe, just maybe, it worth a listen before starting with the bullocks           http://perfectlystrange.com
Ulterior
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 23:19
Quote:

woooooow

sad but true!

yes and the most quality one!
Most of the prog labels follow their sound and style i see inovation and evolution in their style. And its rarely that somebody can release so much quality music in so little time. And consider the fact that albums like this or ace ventura are announced for two years, so wtf if they release so much stuff when somebody worked on its sound for so much time! Go go iboga           Music is the only language that come very close to silence (OSHO)

http://www.myspace.com/boxiulterior
DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 23:46
Quote:

On 2007-06-23 22:13, Alias wrote:

good buy!

I think you are right Alias!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance