Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007

Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 14:38
Guys, back on topic, or i shall use my magic wand and clean this up.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
xfalabella
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Aug 9, 2007 00:11
different focus here
imo,Justin made a mistake comparing tihs album with LS & PS

all iboga artists have their own style of production...u can easyly recognize some samples & basses...
and this last PS album is totally different from all the progs ive heard...
somethin with minimal-tech..really impressive

i understand your point on loving underground stuff like old scs & zenon rec.
But dont recognize the high quality of scienza nuova is impossible...

talking about the tracks,i`ve enjoyed all tracks from cd..really nice work

but the ones that i play...and are the top for me are

Polarized
Kick Me Shake Me
&
Exubrious

cd is 10/10

regards...& try to understand different points of view and dont leave to personal case guys

peace

www.myspace.com/vfalabellaprogressive
www.enigma.art.br
www.spintwist.de

AEROSPACE - STEREO FLIP IS OUT !
KHAINZ - MODUL8 is OUT!
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 9, 2007 01:18
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 14:38, Pavel wrote:
Guys, back on topic, or i shall use my magic wand and clean this up.

Maybe you should use your magic wand and clean Justin's ears, can you do that? can you?           http://perfectlystrange.com
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Aug 9, 2007 01:54
Quote:

On 2007-08-07 19:42, Justin Chaos wrote:
whatever, it all sounds like Iboga

is that a bad thing?           http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Aug 9, 2007 02:07
Iboga has a sound yes... thats because its been one of the labels to help mold and fuse todays progressive sounds since way back. I love a lot of house music... and I could say everything coming out on Baroque sounds the same. To a minor point yes... they release top house tunes to a certain flavour. Thats no bad thing, but the artists are not making the same music.

The same can be said for most long running labels.

The iboga artists all have their own sound but still fall into the prog trance field, so maybe to someone like justin (who is maybe not a prog trance head) it sounds the same.... but hell, anyone listing to electronic music can tell the difference between these artists, shit. I suppose Antix and BBE sound the same too. Fecking hell.

Anyway, I still think drew did a wonderful job with this cd!
          http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 10, 2007 18:24
Quote:

On 2007-08-09 02:07, Glen.C (Iboga Rec) wrote:

But hell, anyone listing to electronic music can tell the difference between these artists, shit. I suppose Antix and BBE sound the same too. Fecking hell.

Anyway, I still think drew did a wonderful job with this cd!

Amen to that. This cd is the fuckin' bomb if you like progressive. End of story.
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Aug 11, 2007 01:53
Quote:

Amen to that. This cd is the fuckin' bomb if you like progressive. End of story.

WORD

Cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
rewarpster

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 11, 2007 04:33
So so.           -- rewarp reality
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 13, 2007 10:37
I used to like Iboga's releases way better in the past. Don't find the "new" sound appealing, just like someone said, it kinda lost its soul. It used to be more refinate, deep, exquisite. Now for me it's more like some acts sound like a slow full-on, with cheesy melodies and predictable stuff (which I won't mention so people won't babble around). Just kinda like that "progressive" track Astrix made...

Well, about the album itself, I don't find it exceptional, not as the music he used to make. Some of the tracks resemble a lot Antix's stuff...which I find kinda lame, since SCS had a very distinct sound. But it is a quality release, people were all just hoping he wouldn't surrender to the fashion, since at least I reckon him as a true artist.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 13, 2007 14:51
Quote:

On 2007-08-13 10:37, Sandoz wrote:
I used to like Iboga's releases way better in the past. Don't find the "new" sound appealing, just like someone said, it kinda lost its soul. It used to be more refinate, deep, exquisite. Now for me it's more like some acts sound like a slow full-on, with cheesy melodies and predictable stuff (which I won't mention so people won't babble around). Just kinda like that "progressive" track Astrix made...

Well, about the album itself, I don't find it exceptional, not as the music he used to make. Some of the tracks resemble a lot Antix's stuff...which I find kinda lame, since SCS had a very distinct sound. But it is a quality release, people were all just hoping he wouldn't surrender to the fashion, since at least I reckon him as a true artist.

And he still is a true artist. Did you ever stop and think that maybe his vision on music is just different than yours? I hate it when people talk about an artist in a way that almost makes it seem like the artist should perform what THEY (as the listener) like and not what the artist himself likes. IMO that's just stupid.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 13, 2007 16:17
in short i agree with Sandoz

but this release a little bit surprised me....because this album still psychedelic, not like other latest releases!

almost all tracks here composed with prog formula: kick/bass, designed sounds(leads,pads) with delay fx.....thats all!

the only one achievement in this album is drums/percussions...im realy like them!

the first track Only Human ... reminds me astrix's track just in time....thats why sandoz mentioned that!

nothing new in this album
nothing that i can say ..."wow"......its just another prog album!

may be... Here Comes The Titans track-wich is my favorite here- deep, with a lot of soul.....reminds old tech trance!
          www.myspace.com/aliasix
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Aug 13, 2007 23:44
Justin, your hurtful words make my little Pony sad.

This pony is just for you to bring joy into your heart. Look at her flowing blond mane, her beautiful blue eyes and her pretty smile

http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/jen_garrett/images/pony.jpg

Can you feel the love?           Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Sandoz

Posted : Aug 14, 2007 01:08
Quote:

On 2007-08-13 14:51, Acidhive wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-13 10:37, Sandoz wrote:

And he still is a true artist. Did you ever stop and think that maybe his vision on music is just different than yours? I hate it when people talk about an artist in a way that almost makes it seem like the artist should perform what THEY (as the listener) like and not what the artist himself likes. IMO that's just stupid.

Well, stupid to me is to guess that the artist himself "evolved" to this sort of music when he already had his own style. Now he stands at a mediocre pathway, somewhere in between he didn't use to be.
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 02:11
I got to say, I do think this album really does not offer very much new to me. It is very well produced and the earth shattering basslines do work very well on the dancefloor, but it is to me a bit of a derivative release, and I for one do miss the old SCS sound.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 14, 2007 15:14
Quote:

On 2007-08-14 01:08, Sandoz wrote:

Well, stupid to me is to guess that the artist himself "evolved" to this sort of music when he already had his own style. Now he stands at a mediocre pathway, somewhere in between he didn't use to be.

Yeah but HE chose it obviously. Get your head out of your ass man and stop talking about artists as if you know what would be best for them. They're free people and have free expression. The fact that he decided to link his own style with the Iboga sound of late doesn't mean he sold out, it means he loved the style and wanted to make something similar, but still different. Quit whining.
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance