Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007

Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Aug 7, 2007 19:42
There is no doubt about it.....The Iboga releases do have similar qualities, i would say more in the production area more than anything else. But, you can definitely still see the individual creative differences between the Iboga artists. There is no doubt in my opinion that Iboga is one of the top notch progressive labels out there, along with digital structures and Zenon.

All though The new album doesn't sound similar to the great releases that we have heard from Drooid in the past, and I think he would probably be the first to admit it, it still has some of his trademark sounds in it.

Maybe I am not able to enjoy it in the same way as i did like in his other releases like "daydreamer" for instance, but I am still able to enjoy it in a new way, and I like the direction that he is going.

Maybe in the future, we will still hear some of those stomping classics style's that he did in 2004- 2005, but until then, I'm still very happy with the music.

"On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 7, 2007 19:42
whatever, it all sounds like Iboga
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Oran
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 01:23
Quote:

On 2007-08-07 17:58, Justin Chaos wrote:
This album and some previous, recent, SCS releases broken my progressive heart into pieces.
Now Drooid is into the Iboga polite side of things...in my opinion this style doesn't do the man any favors.
I feel betrayed by one of my favourite artists ever, I always loved the old SCS style and purchased each and every single release where I saw his name, either on Zenon, ZMA, or whatever.
This new style of him sounds like any other Perfect Stranger, Liquid Soul or FREq release...he lost his trademark and soul.
But...who cares anyway???
I bet he's busy as fuck with gigs and releases coming soon, fair enough I guess...I'll always have Sensient...Thank God.

I must agree with justin here good luck nontheless..           Always agressive never progressive.
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 03:14
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 01:23, Oran wrote:
Quote:

This album and some previous, recent, SCS releases broken my progressive heart into pieces.
Now Drooid is into the Iboga polite side of things...in my opinion this style doesn't do the man any favors.
I feel betrayed by one of my favourite artists ever, I always loved the old SCS style and purchased each and every single release where I saw his name, either on Zenon, ZMA, or whatever.
This new style of him sounds like any other Perfect Stranger, Liquid Soul or FREq release...he lost his trademark and soul.
I bet he's busy as fuck with gigs and releases coming soon, fair enough I guess...I'll always have Sensient...Thank God.

I must agree with justin here good luck nontheless..

I swear that I believe u guys didn't hear both of our albums before you come with statement like this. We make totally different music, each one with his and I am so tired of all those smart ass remarks by people that just like to stand @ parties behind the DJ and nod their head with that understanding look on their face and wait for the flop coming.

At least find something substantial to say - but to say that Perfect Stranger and Sun Control Species is same kind of music is simply stupid. Same as to say Sun Control Species vs Liquid Soul or whatever. But you may continue - I, for one, know that nothing would stop you badmouthing something if you really want to so go on           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Aug 8, 2007 03:20
And just to make the record straight for all the good souls that look into spitting some venom...

I never in my years of being part of Iboga, got any restrictions or demands about how my sound should be. Never in my life I also was into copying sound of others, never mind how much I adored their music. As much as I know Drew, he is the same, and does things from the heart and it takes him heaps of time to finish a track, and same here.

To hear those stupid remarks is outrageous and shows how little respect you guys have for other people hard work, and their wallet. Just pathetic and sad.

Oran I guess I will see you nodding your head on the 24'th take care it wont fall off           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
ed Motive

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 08:45
Quote:

On 2007-08-07 19:42, Justin Chaos wrote:
whatever, it all sounds like Iboga

whatever, you just sound like every other whinging chin-stroker out there.           Open Records, Australia.
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 11:48
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 03:14, Yuli wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 01:23, Oran wrote:
Quote:

I must agree with justin here good luck nontheless..

I swear that I believe u guys didn't hear both of our albums before you come with statement like this. We make totally different music, each one with his and I am so tired of all those smart ass remarks by people that just like to stand @ parties behind the DJ and nod their head with that understanding look on their face and wait for the flop coming.

At least find something substantial to say - but to say that Perfect Stranger and Sun Control Species is same kind of music is simply stupid. Same as to say Sun Control Species vs Liquid Soul or whatever. But you may continue - I, for one, know that nothing would stop you badmouthing something if you really want to so go on

In Denmark we call it the "Jante-law" meaning - dont think you´re special or good.

Hm, to say that these acts (Ps-Ls-Scs)are sounding the same is quite strange in my opinion.
All has their unique sound, a sound that you often can recognize as theirs, even if you dont know the track from them playing.           www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 12:01
Quote:

On 2007-08-07 18:40, Nathan wrote:
Quote:

?!? FREq sounds Like SCS?!?
scs album is brilliant.. Perfect stranger?!? Completely Different. Liquids Soul too.

All of the artist that you Mentioned sounds very different one from another.

Indeed a weird remark....           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 8, 2007 12:13
Yeah...absolutely different from anything I've heard before
I'll just copy paste here a PM I sent to Yuli replying his previous one, he might as well post it.
Quote:

Get a grip Yuli...breed, listen to me know.
I just said what I think...all of the Iboga artists, to me, sound same same.
I never said you, or any other artist, copy anyone...but, you all sound the same to me.
I know what I'm talking 'bout...I've heard all of you live several times...sounds like Iboga, all of you.
End of the story, not personal at all...it's even sadly understandable.
I'm just sorry Drew is following this pattern as well.

Period, I'm off now.

Yuli
Retired

Posted : Aug 8, 2007 13:10
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 12:13, Justin Chaos wrote:
Yeah...absolutely different from anything I've heard before
I'll just copy paste here a PM I sent to Yuli replying his previous one, he might as well post it.
Quote:

Get a grip Yuli...breed, listen to me know.
I just said what I think...all of the Iboga artists, to me, sound same same.
I never said you, or any other artist, copy anyone...but, you all sound the same to me.
I know what I'm talking 'bout...I've heard all of you live several times...sounds like Iboga, all of you.
End of the story, not personal at all...it's even sadly understandable.
I'm just sorry Drew is following this pattern as well.

Period, I'm off now.

Its good you are off now cause its a good time to go to a doctor and make a good ear cleaning. And if that doesnt help, then nothing will help you I guess           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 8, 2007 13:29
Yeah mate, you're right...I'm deaf and your music it's very different to any other music from Iboga, and SCS new sound it's not more appalling...and all the Iboga catalogue since Strange Attractors keeps on getting better and better, overwhelming, mindblowing...far far away from making me think about a conspiracy in order to kill me of boredom.

I don't know what I was thinking...from now on I quit from anything in the music business...because I'm deaf, stupid and my taste sucks.

And I'm off to the doctor to get an ear cleaning (because you told me so) and a lobotomy, hopefully I'll be able to realize what's good afterwards.
Thanks for the tip and the suggestion of help...I'm on it.

Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 13:39
justin,sarcasm won't get u very far in this world,nor will it hide the fact u did come up with a strange and quite lame remark.

True,different strokes,personal taste,bla bla- all that is valid,but sometimes what u wanna say just doesnt come out right. And what u said is fairly stupid as liquid soul and perfect stranger for one,are TOTALLY different sounds . not to mention SCS.

BACK TO TOPIC NOW>>>>>>>

This album is one of the most beautiful albums i heard in a while. Up there with Antix twin coast discovery in terms of Lush and organic music. Comparing it to his older stuff is ok but misses the point that this album is simply fantastic.

Its psyprog,a genre that suffers from a lack of good releases lately,yet its so rich with textures,soundscapes,stories and details,not your average psyprog bonanza.

GREAT WORK DREW!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Ventura/6139679270
---------------------------------------------
www.myspace.com/aceiboga
http://iboga.dk/index.php?artistprofile=22
----------------------
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 8, 2007 13:56
Yeah man...classic release, timeless
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 14:00
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 13:56, Justin Chaos wrote:
Yeah man...classic release, timeless

ooh what a surprise,more sarcasm.

very well good sir           http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Ventura/6139679270
www.myspace.com/aceiboga
http://iboga.dk/index.php?artistprofile=22
----------------------
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 8, 2007 14:07
Why so much interest into quoting me...all of the sudden???
You're scaring me.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - SunControlSpecies "Scienza Nuova" - Iboga Records 2007
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance