Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
35 36 37 38 39
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007

olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Sep 7, 2007 17:52
spot on, maux
tranceitsdead

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 9, 2007 16:07
Quote:

Some ppl see the light, others dont wanna see that, they just want to do the same over and over and over again...

I stayed all the time at the alternative stage and really enjoy that. Great music most of time and when was not many ppl, at least was the right ppl, who see the value of that

Things are changing...I just dont understand why trance ppl are so blind for that. Is trance still so good? I definetely dont believe that

ok so you saw the light and me im still living in the darkness,first of all i dont really believe that...mainfloor music is also boring most of the time for me but also 95 per cent of the alternative stage ...the way i see it is that theres is plenty of good different music from the one that is played in both stages but most of it its not in the eyes or the taste of the promoters...i honestly think that if they have bad taste for the mainfloor why should they have good taste for the alternative just cause some of you played there....

to maux i think you dont really get my point im not saying trance its beatifull but the scene its not changing on the right direction if i have to go to alternative stages to hear the sometimes comercial sounds that i was scaping in the first place...or stay and end up dancing house if its the promoters cup of tea....i like minimal tech,breakbeat and many other stiles but sorry if i dont like that the promoters change their set to their convenience and make me dance shittyclubby musik just cause its not trance...like josko did very honestly if thats where we are heading at im gone...

maux-im looking for trance also and very honestly didnt find it in the alternative stage either...let me know if u find it...
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 9, 2007 18:03
Quote:

On 2007-09-09 16:07, tranceitsdead wrote:

ok so you saw the light and me im still living in the darkness,first of all i dont really believe that...mainfloor music is also boring most of the time for me but also 95 per cent of the alternative stage ...the way i see it is that theres is plenty of good different music from the one that is played in both stages but most of it its not in the eyes or the taste of the promoters...i honestly think that if they have bad taste for the mainfloor why should they have good taste for the alternative just cause some of you played there....

to maux i think you dont really get my point im not saying trance its beatifull but the scene its not changing on the right direction if i have to go to alternative stages to hear the sometimes comercial sounds that i was scaping in the first place...or stay and end up dancing house if its the promoters cup of tea....i like minimal tech,breakbeat and many other stiles but sorry if i dont like that the promoters change their set to their convenience and make me dance shittyclubby musik just cause its not trance...like josko did very honestly if thats where we are heading at im gone...

maux-im looking for trance also and very honestly didnt find it in the alternative stage either...let me know if u find it...

well...first of all I wasn't doing compliments to the alternative stage just because I had the chance to play there twice ...I was the last piece of shit in that lineup full of very good names (for my taste off course)...but somehow my djset (funk-elektro/breaks) was one of the most crowded, many ppl who seemed to enjoy it, and in my opinion there was a good party atmosphere in there...off course they were not there because of me but because at that time the main soundsystem was off.
I am not saying that to wank myself...but to point out that other acts could have been really appreciated if most of the ppl weren't so busy to be in front of the louder and bigger system no matter who and what is playing...and, for my point of view, acts like Deadbeat and Monolake could have played in the mainfloor and make a really good job there too...(BTW, Monolake was mainfloor at the Raimbow serpent in oz 2 years ago with no complains).

mainfloor and alternative lineups are made by different ppl with different tastes....they all need to do some compromises between their personal taste, what the ppl wants and who is paying the bills (:::duracell tend maybe more than gms ?).

than again...we are all different...

I went in trance, yes, and actually also during the good Josko's set...but especially during Monolake set...real LIVE electronics like no one else can actually do on this planet, he took me out there...(imagine if you missed a free Krafterk gig next door 25 yeas ago).
I noticed that artists coming from the techno scene like him and Deadbeat didn't stop between their sets but just melted into eachother...like it is supposed to be if you want to trance out...so we had a constant flow from Greg Hunter till Rhythm & Sound of more than 8 hours, instead in the mainfloor is nowadays an habit to stop every couple of hours and clap clap...exactly like at a rock gig.

maybe the alternative stage music sounded to you all like shittyclubby whatever house (that is common reaction of "psy" ppl when they are exposed to something different that the usual straight 145bpm),
instead I think that there was fantastic music most of the time (and I spent there most of the festival) and that there was a really broad range of choice...from the minimal to roots dub to really psychedelic music (Greg Hunter and Darren Evans sets)...
BUT there was no Simon Posford !!!....
and apparently this is the only name that manage to grab ppl away from the mainfloor to finally get the other stage crowded...and this is another sign of how lazy and very little curios is this scene.

the point is...it's not changing at all, neither to the right or to the left directions...psy trance is just eating itself...spirit gone...somewhere else.          "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Sep 13, 2007 10:03

Cheers for this video...whoever made it
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 13, 2007 19:03
Quote:

On 2007-09-13 10:03, Justin Chaos wrote:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=J8wnujBM68M
Cheers for this video...whoever made it

My friend was!One of the best Sonica 2007 moments!
          www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Sep 14, 2007 10:34
Have some more...or pics???
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 14, 2007 11:53
I have one more video during Mauxuam's dj set.All the other stuff are pics with friends etc.If you want those vids in better quality send me an email adress to upload them there!
froggie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Nov 17, 2007 14:02
Does anyone know when and if there's a DVD coming out? The lovely Maltese camera guy was there both times (I assume he was on the 1st edition as well).. but nothing from the Sonica crew.. Been looking on Psy-Shop and various other on line stores but with no luck.. help.. anyone?           www.myspace.com/scorpionfrog
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 17, 2007 16:01
not one word from the organisers since the end of the festie....           - we bring you the taste of india -
www.mahamaya.ch
www.myspace.com/babag1
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 20, 2007 20:00
Quote:

On 2007-11-17 16:01, babag wrote:
not one word from the organisers since the end of the festie....

Yes...not one word here, or on Sonica's Myspace, nor on Sonica25.com website...
Edo!! It'd be nice to have your feedback on the festie and some news regarding related projects!
edoardo@neurobiotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Nov 21, 2007 01:19
Hey guys!

Here I am. I know we were missing here but things have been hectic for us since Sonica finished.
Anyway, we are really happy of it, I think was the best of the 3 editions and the new location was absolutely fabulous. The crowd we had this year was probably the best one (except on saturday night maybe when there were quite a lot of italian clubbers).
There have been some problems, main one was the lack of water for a while. That had nothing to do with us, unfortunately we were using the water coming from a source near the venue giving water to all the villages around. On the second day of the festival the circuit had a problem and water was missing all around the valley. Parking was also really tight but we couldn't find any better option.
But once again, it was a killer.

About our future plans:
Sonica will happen again in 2009, we are sorting some things out and we will let you know everything as soon as we will have clear ideas about location and dates.
In the meantime we are talking about releasing a DVD, but the current market situation is really bad (I can say that looking at the sales of cds). We'll keep you updated about this as well...

That's it for now, we will keep you updated with all future plans!

PeAcE!

Edoardo & the Sonica team
          Edoardo @ Neurobiotic Records
http://www.neurobiotic.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/djedoardo

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/label/detail/1651/neurobiotic_records
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 21, 2007 15:51
thank you edoardo - your way of seeing things is highly appreciated.

have a good time
have a wonderful time in brazil

see at the up

love
xxxx
g.           - we bring you the taste of india -
www.mahamaya.ch
www.myspace.com/babag1
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Nov 21, 2007 18:08
again Sonica in 2009 ???

again in that amazing place ?

it start to be boring !

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 23, 2007 13:22
2009!Cool!We had so great time at Sonica 2007 that me and my fellas couldn't resist for 2008!We wanna visit and other countries also.See c in 2009,I hope at the same wonderful place!

Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
35 36 37 38 39
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance