Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
35 36 37 38 39 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007

froggie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 22:58
Quote:

On 2007-08-21 12:59, acidzoo wrote:
best pics here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7890030@N08/tags/acidzoo/

Beautiful pics! And the vids as well.. Nice one!
SPK

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 23:54
can anyone tell me what was the tune that was played few times on both stages
originaly from Claude VonStroke - Who's afraid of Detroit
some remix, but don't know which...

think that I heard it 4 times only on first day
NIKTHEQUICK

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 31, 2007 12:12
Quote:

On 2007-08-30 23:54, SPK wrote:

what a classic....tunes repeated over and over....expected at these parties!!

psy is evolving rapidly....why should a dj play a track that has been played already???little imagination....or are these parties commercial and playing the same track excites the dancefloor??i wonder....

keep it underground!

aum namah shivaya
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 31, 2007 12:16
Quote:

On 2007-08-31 12:12, NIKTHEQUICK wrote:
Quote:

what a classic....tunes repeated over and over....expected at these parties!!

psy is evolving rapidly....why should a dj play a track that has been played already???little imagination....or are these parties commercial and playing the same track excites the dancefloor??i wonder....

keep it underground!

aum namah shivaya

When I think about the only reason I can come up with is that most of the djs don't listen to other dj sets!! (which is very bad IMHO!)
Dr_Faguntes

Posted : Aug 31, 2007 12:25
Quote:

Try this one:

Claude Vonstroke - Who's Afraid Of Detroit? [Soultek's Suckaz Running Scared Mix]
fairystel

Posted : Aug 31, 2007 23:07
Quote:

On 2007-08-30 20:24, Licio2 wrote:

Here is another short video, filmed at SOnica from the middle of the dancefloor...looks like people are smiling and having fun! ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDLSMigu6M

WICKED VIDEO
Tristan really set the dancefloor on fire !
fairystel

Posted : Aug 31, 2007 23:08
Has anybody filmed during Shane Gobi ??
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Sep 1, 2007 15:55
two more of my friend's videos

www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
alehard

Posted : Sep 2, 2007 03:41
another video of the festival

maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 2, 2007 18:27
I am amazed....XP vs JM saga is the perfect mirror of the psy ignorance...
somehow only 30 (maybe 25) of us were enjoying monolake (an absolute genius of modern electronic music) in the alternative stage...
his set was outstanding...massive---possibly the best available around this days...
and the same night more than 5000 ppl missed the chance to enjoy a very special event with Deadbeat and a rare performance of Rhythm and Sound....what to do....upstairs Etnica and friends sounded louder...just pressing play and looking at the monitor of their laptop.
anyway...that was THE night for me...and I consider myself very lucky.
big up to Maddalena and Dubbuddha sets...miniJosko's..-..breaky Justin...massive Nick Manasseh (only in 10 during his set)...and Darren & Jon Sangita.-...the alternative stage was poor in decoration but full of great sounds.
Duracell tend was not too bad....better than the main dancefloor most of the times...
let's put the psy in the naftaline

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Sep 2, 2007 18:59
I was there Mauxuam!Monolake rulez!I spend the most of my time in the alternative stage!My very very favourites there System 7,Edoardo,Tripswitch,Justin Chaos and Mauxuam (I can't forget this afternoon!) Maddalena,Joti and Drika!Huge respect to all of them!
Cheers!
          www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
alehard

Posted : Sep 3, 2007 14:22

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alereportage/sets/72157601790146315/

3 more videos and a selection of my best 40 pictures!
tranceitsdead

Posted : Sep 4, 2007 00:11
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 18:27, maux wrote:
I am amazed....XP vs JM saga is the perfect mirror of the psy ignorance...
somehow only 30 (maybe 25) of us were enjoying monolake (an absolute genius of modern electronic music) in the alternative stage...
his set was outstanding...massive---possibly the best available around this days...
and the same night more than 5000 ppl missed the chance to enjoy a very special event with Deadbeat and a rare performance of Rhythm and Sound....what to do....upstairs Etnica and friends sounded louder...just pressing play and looking at the monitor of their laptop.
anyway...that was THE night for me...and I consider myself very lucky.
big up to Maddalena and Dubbuddha sets...miniJosko's..-..breaky Justin...massive Nick Manasseh (only in 10 during his set)...and Darren & Jon Sangita.-...the alternative stage was poor in decoration but full of great sounds.
Duracell tend was not too bad....better than the main dancefloor most of the times...
let's put the psy in the naftaline

so first of all if 5000 ppl were enjoying up in the main dancefloor and 25 or 30 were in the alternative...doesnt that mean that probably the alternative djs were playing at the wrong party!!!i cant see nothing wrong with ppl enjoying even if its at the sound of bad music as long as they are enjoying.i have nothing to say about other styles of music but what i can say its that until now all the festivals where i ve been with an alternative,minimal house tec stage the main floor as been paying the bills so if the alternative line up was in the dancefloor the festival would be empty and the bills not paid...about james monro he should have played in the alternative cause i think the 25 ppl enjoying on his set would have fit there.and dont get me wrong i do like other styles as long as its not the clubby ,cheesy and commercial part of them there is lots of quality psycadelic music that u cannot include in psytrance and most of the music heard in sonica its not even psytrance.

please dont put us in naftaline just leave our dancefloors our festivals and our scene and go make your own...

sorry if i sound too harsh but im having a bad week and arafela allready censored me 4 times so far, so im gonna try to behave now.

trance its dead but not buried yet
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Sep 4, 2007 01:24
From tribenet:

Thu, August 30, 2007 - 11:59 PM

For its third year, Sonica Festival moved to a new location that was definitely more magic. A great, wide space in the woods contrasting with the desert like location of prevous years. The mainfloor was on top of a hill with many viewpoints around. Like always in Sonica deco was minimalist but the dancefloor was massive. A big metal box hosting technical regies would have deserved to be covered a little bit. The sound system was really good and booming. Even if line-up is not really my cup of tea, I had a great time dancing for hours. It's a pity that the gigantic screen was lacking luminosity.

The former cultural area was this year a full village called duende, with healing, conferences, workshops and movies. We got welcomed well by the osmosi multimedia tribe, always full of good vibrations. There we managed the Magic theatre, a selection of mind-expanding movies. The cultural tent provided a safe place with shadow and was wondefully decorated by colorful psychedelic totems and wonderful paintings by Luke Brown. The village program can be found here as well as the specific movie selection that can be found here.
During the night, the village offered a peaceful retreat playing chill/downtempo, for those who were in need of a chill-out space, who was clearly lacking at the festival (chill-out and alternative stage were mixed).

Sonica is on many sides a festival of contradictions.For instance this year, they had put a strong emphasis on ecology which is a great initiative, while at the same time receiving sponsorship from Duracell (batteries are a very polluting industry) who made invasive advertisment and held a dancefloor with really crappy commercial club music. Their floor was of course almost empty but prevented many people to sleep and also heavily handicaped the viewing of movies.

On a more pragmatic aspect, there was only one drinkable water point, that many irresponsible people used to clean their feet or fill their portable shower whereas non-drinkable water was available just next to it. Showers were refreshing but a bit undersized for the event. Toilets, even though cleaned each day were also quite gloomy. Many healthy restaurant were around with not too unreasonable prices.

Sonica 2007 was, as I said, magic, but also tragic. Two people died, apparently related to hard drug use, which underlines the urgent need for systematic sanctuaries at party and also to spread educational information about drug use.

Thanks to everybody involved, it was a great time, meeting old friends and new crazy people. Many kids were present which contributed to a very smiley vibe !

------

The "Magic Theater", named after Hermann Hesse's famous novel Steppenwolf , is a special selection of mind-expanding movies and documentaries aiming at providing educational and unbiased information about altered states of consciousness, psychedelic culture and the nature of reality. It features projection of documentaries and films about festivals, shamanism, tribal and contemporary trance as well as modern use of entheogens and scientific study of consciousness.

http://people.tribe.net/soyouth/blog/7b46eda4-b5be-4f6e-8388-73d9053d9e22
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 4, 2007 13:52
Quote:

On 2007-09-04 00:11, tranceitsdead wrote:
so first of all if 5000 ppl were enjoying up in the main dancefloor and 25 or 30 were in the alternative...doesnt that mean that probably the alternative djs were playing at the wrong party!!!i cant see nothing wrong with ppl enjoying even if its at the sound of bad music as long as they are enjoying.

you are defenetly right...some of us are trying to renovate an old smelly scene and we are probably totally wrong...the numbers give you the right and the reason to say that,...infact more and more I feel I am going to the wrong party...this psy scene is more conservative and boring than the heavy metal one....so it goes this way...decibels are more important than quality...sunglasses and wanks more appreciated than good music...
trance is like pizza...tomato and mozzarella will never die...kick on 4 and tukatukadagaduga bass will always rock...ahahaahhh.
          "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
35 36 37 38 39 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance