Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
32 33 34 35 36 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007

romed78

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 23, 2007 17:03
ciao,

hope all came back home well after sonica wow wow was really an festival la magica up in the beautiful hills of leguria. energy of the place and the people was outstanding. organizers could have made a few things better considering high entry price but at the end of the day its the people the place and the music (acts and speakers and then comes the rest.

hm to make a comment on the music i think there was something for all tastes on the festival and this is good so and a question of respect. i sleept after midnight each day because night is not my cup of tea. and u are relaxed and fit for the day and u can look into the eyes of the people. i like daytime full on and progressiv. I was on the dancefloor or close all the time during day and heard almost all in the day. The music some artist send us down via function one (love this system) was incredible. for my taste the best ones: ace ventura (greetings to the brazilians from spain it was a pleasure to party with u this evening) emok , tristan , liquid soul , dick trevor , du serena, mercy silicon sound wow wow , dahan from brazil impressed by this special music style , the one day from 8pm till midnight swarup and than tommy from roma this was high end. and not to forget the one dj which polarises the people in this forum. Mr. James Monroe i still have this picture in my mind of VOOV 2001 8:00 in the morning and he is fuckin rocking in his bright yellow t-shirt and red hat the dancefloor with amazing morning fullon. years moved on, styles changed, people enhanced (some not and he plays different music now, listened to mixes on his website and was to much housy and clubby for my taste so i didn't expected to much. But what we got than this evening was absolutly amazing , great groove , short juicy mixing (who says this mixing was crap have no clue or is just jealous) many tracks with a kind of brazilian beat inside. wow i was suprised and overwhelmed and shook my ass with the daytime family on the right side of the dancefloor near to the speakers mile grazie to all of u. two evenings i will always remember BOOM 04 with Atmos and SONICA 07 with James Monroe )

it was a pleasure to be part of sonica 07
mile grazie to all and keep the spirit up

romed

PS: so many greece people posting does someone know or is Sokrates ?

Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 23, 2007 22:11
does anyone know the email of a brazilian guy named Giussepe?he was working at the main stage bar at nightime           www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 24, 2007 16:22
[quote]
On 2007-08-15 13:02, djrickam wrote:
@ XP VOODOO critics about James Monro dj set...

why you say lot of shit about him?
I was nt to sonica this year, but i organized a psy trance festival in canada some weeks ago and James monro played after protoculture at our festival, and his set was really crazy. with good energy and vibrations... the same style and energy that his set at boom festival in portugal in 2004!Because its not full on and psychedelic is not good ?? i think that now, the psychedelic trance festival need a good mixe between progressif and psy trance... that good receip for have all peoples on the dance floor together in the same festival, call unity...

If James Monro played at the end of sonica this year, you don t realize that was the decision of Edoardo?? your comments are not objective i think... You don t like, its ok, but it s not a reason to say lot of shit about the flying rhino wizard...

//////////////////

Man,I understand you re the flying rhyno fan,but what james Monro made on the dancefloor of Sonica,was totally unprofessional and very Un psy,.
Actually,maybe there is no reason to talk to you,cause your unpresentance on Sonica can make us understand the facts from the same side,but I can tell you,that even,probably here or there he plays better,but his set on SONICA ( specially as the last dj set ),was full of techincal mistakes ( A LOT!!...maybe he was drunk or something..),and the tracks selection was so so so far from what you call a PSYTRANCERS choice,that the result - 600 people left on the dancefloor from 4000,I think is a good arguement .
From this 600 left,by the way at least half was really complained ( For sure there were some who enjoyed,yes,I cant say there were none ).
And as the choice of Edo...For me ,it was reallt perfect line up untill this last day afternoon JM set,and I told him this at the first day I saw the line up,and you know....I was right:)
Sorry to tell such a things for Flying Rhyno fan but also this label dont make anything for Psy trance at least for few years.maybe you just do not really got the idea of PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE,dude?
I can give you some contacts with killer Montreal party organisation,PM me
olivier
Side-A

Posted : Aug 24, 2007 17:09
the spun rec dj, giving the psychedelic lesson ...AGAIN....
spun rec is definitly top notch psychedelic music ...lol
and gms rmx of ACDC's thunderstruck is out there to prove it
spun rec. indeed do a lot for the evolution of the movement ... of cheezy hard dance !

olivier
Side-A

Posted : Aug 24, 2007 17:18
i 'm wondering what's a "psytrancer's choice" though... probably XP 's choice as he obviously thinks he knows what one must listen to become a true psytrancer?

Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 24, 2007 17:35
XP go to hell dude!Yeah maybe James was too drunk or whatever and made many unproffesional mistakes but you are nothing in front of him!Nobody gives attension to you!You don't have any wright to speak like this about him!And please stop speaking about psychedelic trance..Neither him,neither you are playing psy-trance nowdays..the only difference is that James plays much more serious music for openminded people and not for some drugged kids!           www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
olivier
Side-A

Posted : Aug 24, 2007 17:40
true! also beatmatching tracks from 124 to 130 bpm is much more difficult and requires much more skills than beatmatching 145 bpm full on with 145 bpm fullon
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 24, 2007 17:55
Quote:

On 2007-08-24 17:40, Side-A wrote:
true! also beatmatching tracks from 124 to 130 bpm is much more difficult and requires much more skills than beatmatching 145 bpm full on with 145 bpm fullon

Hey hey hey....here we are going definitely offtopic!! It's all a "You suck"/"I'm right"/"You're wrong" which does not gives justice to Sonica Festival, nor to James Monro or XP Vodoo.
Here a lot of people said that they didn't like JM set, a lot of other said they enjoyed it!
I gave my humble opinion on the subject (and I don't want to repeat myself), but if the discussion is to verge on JM skills as a dj or his professionality I think you should open a thread in the "artist" section.
JM has been in the scene from the very start (as XP if I'm not wrong) and to judge him from his Sonica performance (be it good or bad) is wrong!
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 24, 2007 18:16
I didn't enjoyed Monro's set too!But I can't say that he is clown like mr XP called him!It was just a bad dj moment for J M...           www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
romed78

Posted : Aug 25, 2007 18:06
interesting when critic gets personal ... i mean xp what right in the world u have to say this was shit and rubbish and 600 people left and so on bla bla bla. u don't like the style so if someone other would have played it would had been oposite for someone else. thank god tastes are different. like i already stated in my posting before. i didn't like so much the tropical beat stuff (JM's new label, flying rhino is not existing any more) i heard so far. but what he did in this evening was brilliant progressiv trance and there is nevertheless the right to play proper progressiv trance in the evening. kaio, eduardo and other organizer sat up on the stage, smiling and enjoyed the eve and told JM to move on a bit more. all the people in the further part of the dancefloor were enjoying very much. even nirmal looked happy dancing in his scottish skilt (by the way JM is also from scotland ; )
so what the fuck nowadays there are x-different goa/psy/progressiv styles and what makes one more better than the other ? for my humble opinion is this question very important ... what can u listen too and enjoy very much also when u are not on drugs ...

keep the spirit up
romed

IleBile

Posted : Aug 25, 2007 19:02
Quote:

On 2007-08-21 13:05, acidzoo wrote:
best videos here
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=acidzoo

What's the song played by Stella Nutella on the video #1? =) Loved that, was dancing the whole set.
romed78

Posted : Aug 25, 2007 20:29
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 17:56, Banel wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 13:02, djrickam wrote:
@ XP VOODOO critics about James Monro dj set...

why you say lot of shit about him?
I was nt to sonica this year, but i organized a psy trance festival in canada some weeks ago and James monro played after protoculture at our festival, and his set was really crazy. with good energy and vibrations... the same style and energy that his set at boom festival in portugal in 2004!Because its not full on and psychedelic is not good ?? i think that now, the psychedelic trance festival need a good mixe between progressif and psy trance... that good receip for have all peoples on the dance floor together in the same festival, call unity...

If James Monro played at the end of sonica this year, you don t realize that was the decision of Edoardo?? your comments are not objective i think... You don t like, its ok, but it s not a reason to say lot of shit about the flying rhino wizard...

In a 5 day long festival its certainly very important to have a varied line-up, who can stand to hear the same style for all those nights and days??

Damn i missed the monday sets, there was alot of names i wanted to hear, incl. James.

James Monroe is one of the living legends in the scene, always interesting to hear what he´s up to thats for sure.
Im sure he finished the festie in style

Btw DICKSTER was my favourite set at sonica 2007.

he finished in wicked style best end for my taste and same catagory like atmos at boom04 in the evening.

let the groove flow for sunset jepaaaaaaaaa
markkus

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 25, 2007 20:55
If it wasnt Flying Rhyno in the past to help the psytrance culture to grow, perhaps nowadays you werent a dj... Perhaps most of us werent... They opened doors to many ppl and helped others to grow as organizations, as labels... they learned from Flying Rhyno...

XP.. im starting to believe others ppl posts... you really are a pain in the ass...

btw, your dj set at freedom sucked big time... for me off course... anyone is a dj these days (if you have the right connections... perhpas this aplyes to you)

hey, i have over 300 originals cd's from the past 12 years, can i be a dj to??? XP do you have originals cd's?

sorry to all pll, i know im

to all...
          "If we don't create our future, our past will create it for us"...
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Posted : Aug 26, 2007 02:17
Quote:

On 2007-08-24 17:40, Side-A wrote:

Beatmixing of the tracks of any BPM ( Just for your general dj education ) is just a matter of the increase or descrease the pitch of the CDJ.having Pioneer Mixer evn my 7 years old daughter can mix perfectly.Just a matter of practice,though.
And,I can tell,I was really surprised by the
very low quality of JM beatmixing,and to say that it was good mixing,means just do not understand cazzo in the whole idea ( pardon my italian )
For example,JM was playng really good on BOOM,I ve herad him couple more times ,he was good,no words.
But if you will leave your phanatizm ( which is actually one of the mental sicknesses) ,u probably can admit,that the drop outs can happen with anyone anywhere-and not everyone keeping high level in any kind of the entertainmentlife part ( footbal,movies,theater,books,music,whatever )
So,probably it was this moment of JM,maybe he was drunk or something,and defenetly it was the wrong choice -the last dj of the festival.
BUT!!!!!
As all posts in this topyc,dedicated to Sonica festival ,it was my IMHO,which dont give to anyone the rights ( exept JM by himself,if he feels offended,or his loyers:)to go personally with the redicoulous and useless trys to offend me ( what is not working at all ,beleive me:),and go Offtopic,breaking the rools of the forum,starting some unneeded arguements about my personality,etc.
So,it was my personal opinion about the unexpectetly low level job of the well-known professional dj,nothing personal about the guy,he is really cool,though.
Maybe I should appologise for the clown words,but CLOWN in my lexicon doesnt mean something offencive-the clowns make people laugh and smile.Paiaz,Joker,Trubadoor-happy people.But JM was not very good clown,I can say now,not much people had fun on the dancefloor this hours.
The thing is that the end of Sonica was unespected for many people.
The last day line up was really killer,more psychedelic,less psychedelic,but it was proper TRANCE.VERY DANCABLE TRANCE,IMHO
GMS,WRECKED MACHINES,POLARIS,EDOARDO,ZEN MECHAICS,SILICON SOUND- Bravo to all!!great sets,the masters of their styles..No words.
Specially the day had very acid deep psychedlic trance direction.
And then,when the dancefloor is complete and full,tripping and blasting,...BOOOOOOMZZZZZ!
Welcome to Ibiza....It was even not progressive -Mellow House,Acid Funk with Crappy vocals,Electro....
Last Day of the great festival....People need maximum psy,and they got minimal psyless.
2 Romed78- I have the right to say what I saw.To the end of JM set left no more than 600 ppl from 3000 in the daytime.The rest were roaming around the other areas,all complain.And if you really think that Kaio was smiling and happy with JM....dude...u r so wrong..
2 Markkus:Dont u try to read what you print before to post?
If it wasnt Flying Rhyno in the past to help the psytrance culture to grow, perhaps nowadays you werent a dj... Perhaps most of us werent... They opened doors to many ppl and helped others to grow as organizations, as labels... they learned from Flying Rhyno...
Did I try to argue with this?But ,jack,it was
so long time ago,that I think you was finishing the high school that time...If you read attentivly the world trance press,u could see the Flying Rhyno interviews here and there from 6-7 years old already,when they said that FR dont go anymore trance direction,and it is boring and not a music of the future....
Also I can give you few good examples of the
Monsters of 10 years ago
Bon Jovi,Scorpions - music
Maradonna,Magic Jonson - sport
Fiat Punto,Toyota Corolla - cars

Immagine now on the street dude in the old the Toyota ( of 1991 )with Bon Jovi farting out from JVC tape stereo and T-Shirt with Maradonna face........wouldnt you think that the guy stucked in time.
At least,get the fckn BMW R5,put Cd player,get some new tunes and put the jacket with the TECHINICS logo.
( To say so, 15 yrs ago,I had Corolla with the tape stereo,listened bon Jovi and loved maradonna ...but it is 2007 outside,Auuu,,wake up!!!!)
It is a bit metaphorical,but hope you ll understand.

btw, your dj set at freedom sucked big time... for me off course... anyone is a dj these days (if you have the right connections... perhpas this aplyes to you)

hey, i have over 300 originals cd's from the past 12 years, can i be a dj to??? XP do you have originals cd's?

dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Posted : Aug 26, 2007 02:25
Quote:

On 2007-08-25 20:55, markkus wrote:
///////

Dude,do u feel yourself happy and special to be one of this 20 people from 7000 who were seriously blasting on Freedom when I played.And,by the way,I played the last day one before the last,and leaving the personal things and to compare,when I started ,on the dancefloor of FF were 600 ppl,finished-7000. Does it shows anything comparing to JM set ( if we already pays so much unneeded attention to this matter)-when it was 3000 when he started and left 600 when he finished...
Or u can just bla bla bla .Be a bit objective...
/////////////
On 2007-08-25 20:55, markkus wrote:
////////////
The ammount of the original CD's doesnt have any equality with your IQ,as I see from your post,sorry

to all...

Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
32 33 34 35 36 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance