Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
31 32 33 34 35 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007

hos

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 16, 2007 15:34
I was standing on the mountain with the last set and in the start it was nice but at a certain moment it was a bit to much. it went along to long. every moment I thought he would make a nice finish it went on and on.

but perhaps I was also to tired then to really enjoy it
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 17, 2007 13:47
Couple of videos
Ace Ventura's dj set, the dancefloor loves it!

Tristan performance, when in the blazing heat the fire brigade arrives and strat spraying water on the boiling dancefloor: it was fatastic!

frambonas
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 17, 2007 18:46
Quote:

On 2007-08-16 15:34, hos wrote:
I was standing on the mountain with the last set and in the start it was nice but at a certain moment it was a bit to much. it went along to long. every moment I thought he would make a nice finish it went on and on.

but perhaps I was also to tired then to really enjoy it

Hey i was also laying on the mountain that last set. I could really enjoy it, becouse i was very relaxed, and not really into dancing that time of the festival ;-).
Really good music, but very slow, sometimes it was like finished...and then...i did go on again. Really good for me, but a lot of the peolple wanted to have a bomb at the end. They are a little bit dissapointed, i guess.
Tasos_NOtrea
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 17, 2007 21:30
Quote:

On 2007-08-15 18:42, Licio2 wrote:
Quote:

James monro played after protoculture at our festival, and his set was really crazy. with good energy and vibrations... the same style and energy that his set at boom festival in portugal in 2004!Because its not full on and psychedelic is not good ??

What I said about J. Monroe set being a disappointed does not come from a narrow minded opinion. Did not expect psytrance set from him. I listen to everything: rock, house, techno, psytrance!!
Heard so much about his dj set and I was expecting him to be different from the rest. I also expeced his set to be much better than it actually was.
This is my personal opinion of course. And I also think that your favourite artist/dj can be on a bad night and fail to match the expectations...

With all the respect James Monro wasn't James Monro that I was expecting..Good music but he couldn't mix!I've seen him playing the same music style with much better ways..However one of my highlights that I forgot to mention (shame on me!) is System 7 dj set!Realy great music!           www.myspace.com/tasos_notrea
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1101850147&ref=name
http://soundcloud.com/tasos_notrea/sets/marchmix2012_techno
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 17, 2007 22:25
Quote:

On 2007-08-08 03:06, dj X.P. wrote:

When I say MUSIC,I was meaning psychedelic trance ,and I absolutely exterminate from this meaning the clown James Monro,who fucked up all the end of the festival,wiped out the dancefloor with his horrible mixes and house poppy music.This was really BIG mistake of the festival for me and for many ppl
I can spend 4 days without the shower,sleep or proper food,but if it is trance festival,I dont want to listen house music on the dancefloor from the last dj of the festival,who was suppose to be the headliner.
This is my IMHO.

Quote:

On 2007-08-08 14:45, dj X.P. wrote:

Yeah,man....But It was not so funny on the dancefloor though.
I mean,probably in the day before,afternoon,it will be allright-he played kind of Acid Funk mixed with Ibiza House Prog,( the mixes were really bad anyway,and he totally overloaded the speakers,that they were squeeked and farting,making the sound dirty).
But the last day-is the day when everyone coming on the dancefloor.
After half an hour of JM,the dancefloor became half empty,and more of the people who styed were really complaining.
The positive energy,that was fluing all over the festival didnt let the people to repeat the last day of BOOM 2004,when 10000 ppl were wistling and throing the eggs in the dj in the afternoon time,but I think it was really need to do it this time.
I can say,that for sure there were the people dancing and enjoing with JM,but they could do it a day before,and we could get a serious psy-blast on the last day,that had really really good line up ,and created a full power energy on the dancefloor till JM took over.
Sonica is a PSYCHEDELIC (!!!)-trance festival,and it was a psy gathering till the music went complitely in the other direction somehow last hours.
Even last hour of Gino-Edo set,that was very minimal and slow was much much more danceble and psychedelic than JM's badmixed pop

and here is MHO:
why do people that has a bit more open minded view about music , always have to deal with all this narrow minded shit coming out of your mouth...?
u always know better than anyone else what should be allowed in psy fest and what shouldn't...it's so boring mate

go make your spun parties in goa...go spank it psychedelically with gms ... whatever it is u like to do... just go do it, but please, PLEASE quit these fucking dumb judgments on musical genre u are too freaking narrow minded to understand ...
and for once,quit the goddamn psychedelic lesson for god sake , u have your own vision about that, like everyone... and your is not "more" than another...don't u get that?

jeez...it's so irritating
DJ SEPH

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 17, 2007 22:49
Hey....i couldnt agree more with your words, Side-A....very well said!!
Ang-L

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 18, 2007 01:15
AWESOME festival...!
AMAZING location...!
GREAT people...!
FANTASTIC music...!(best alternative stage ever!!)

excellent...can`t describe with more words...
just perfecto!:)
          -= :: Stay Forward Once, What We Want From U, To Make U Smile And Going Through! ;) :: =-
hos

Posted : Aug 19, 2007 16:10
wow after the disappointing missing of eat static at sonica I saw them yesterday in paradiso. wow they rocked the place big time .

uncomplicated sound that went straight to the body

pic report
http://thehospages.com/pictures/2007-parties/2007-08-18-namaste/
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Aug 19, 2007 18:25
Quote:

On 2007-08-17 13:47, Licio2 wrote:
Couple of videos
Ace Ventura's dj set, the dancefloor loves it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSVWGk9mJjI

Tristan performance, when in the blazing heat the fire brigade arrives and strat spraying water on the boiling dancefloor: it was fatastic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TwW3z5RxEY

Which track is that played by Ace Ventura there?
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Aug 19, 2007 18:55
Quote:

On 2007-08-19 16:10, hos wrote:
wow after the disappointing missing of eat static at sonica I saw them yesterday in paradiso. wow they rocked the place big time .

pic report

What the F**ck is goin on here!
2 days ago I checked the Paradiso.nl website.
It stated that this party was cancelled, and now none of this seems to be true!

Just like a week ago:
We had a ride organized from Ozora to Italy from people who were going from Ozora to Freedom.
All of a sudden everyone at Ozora tells me that Freedom is cancelled.
So there I was, stuck in Hungary!

This is really weird, all this craziness at ones attacking me!
froggie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 19, 2007 22:37
Sonica 2007 was a big thumbs up for me.. starting from the location (lovely lovely camping area), the views from the hill above main stage was something magical.. the crowd friendly, big smiles etc.. Organization wise.. even better than last year (although we could do with more shuttle buses and more water!). What else.. hmm.. can't really find any bad things to say.. other than the fact that progressive music certainly was the main thing at the festival.. Correct me if I'm wrong here.. but it should really be called a Prog-Psy Festival..

After reading quickly a few of the reviews.. I came across comments on James Monroe's set.. the opinions differ. I do agree that he is not just a well respected DJ/prod. but probably the best in his kind.. but my complaint is.. although I always loved his sets in the past, that he was probably not the best choice for being the final act..

I really think if they wanted a "less psy" dj to close the evening.. they should chose Silicon Sound. I went up the hill at some point during his set.. God that was a beauty! He was bloody amazing. I can clearly remember when his set started getting a bit more proggy.. that even my psy-trance fanatic friends.. loved it! Simply.. The guy is a professional that's for sure.

Overall, the festival was a success.. but it feels (to me anyway) that it had it's round. A perfect trilogy (although I've missed the first one, but heard it was good as well), that can now evolve and develop to something different. Either than the closing part.. I personally loved everyone's sets (my highlights were Tristan and Stella Nutella), but if it is to get more prog next year.. then it's a no for me. Time to start exploring another country.

Love & light for everyone

xx

hos

Posted : Aug 20, 2007 00:57
Quote:

On 2007-08-19 18:55, Djones wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-19 16:10, hos wrote:

pic report

What the F**ck is goin on here!
2 days ago I checked the Paradiso.nl website.
It stated that this party was cancelled, and now none of this seems to be true!

Just like a week ago:
We had a ride organized from Ozora to Italy from people who were going from Ozora to Freedom.
All of a sudden everyone at Ozora tells me that Freedom is cancelled.
So there I was, stuck in Hungary!

This is really weird, all this craziness at ones attacking me!

strange ? I didn't see it canceled on the website. the only thing I heard was that it was not clear what the party was about until you really clicked for more details and then you could see that it was ozric tentacles and eat static playing.

I will pass it on to the organisation because paradiso was far away from being sold out. it was a nice party and there were quite some people but a few hundred more could easily fit in
acidzoo

Posted : Aug 21, 2007 12:59
best pics here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7890030@N08/tags/acidzoo/
acidzoo

Posted : Aug 21, 2007 13:05
best videos here
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=acidzoo
h_goblin

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 22, 2007 16:46
well afther a month working hard we did a f****** Festival i think the pictures and the videos talk by them selfs .... BUT there is a LOTof things to change and learn on the production side .... im disappointed....

cya in 2009.... or not.

celio
Get ready for DUSTERS ****
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Sonica 2007 :: 3 Years of Sonica! 2 to 6 of August 2007
← Prev Page
31 32 33 34 35 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance