First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

New MOOG synth on NAMM 2013

PsiloCybian
Mammal Footwork

Started Topics :  92
Posted : Jan 9, 2013 19:33:32
http://www.moogmusic.com/sight-and-sound/product_demo/namm-2013-next-moog           www.psilocybian.com / www.facebook.com/psilocybian
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Jan 9, 2013 22:16
wow ....thats some filter!
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 9, 2013 23:26
sound good to me , what price do you guess guys?

1300/1500$$ ?
PsiloCybian
Mammal Footwork

Started Topics :  92
Posted : Jan 10, 2013 10:57

One million dollar$ !!!!

anyway, havent seen anything revolutionary in the vid. I hope they actually are havin something up their sleves for the NAMM show.           www.psilocybian.com / www.facebook.com/psilocybian
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Jan 10, 2013 14:58
Is it time to sell my Phatty?
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 16:07
this probably sound a bit different , but i found it to sound really good.. have to check on monitors with some proper sample

wait to see the spec, it look like it s between the phatty and voyager..if it offer more modulation not much point to keep the phatty to me, the 2 would be overkill for moog style sounds unless you have budget to have both..
some of the sound really talk to me on this demo .. did you hear the the filtered noise..thick..
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 16:41

but to be honest, it sounds lovely but its nothing new really

more Apple thinking by moog, no invention just a bit of repackaging

but then im a bitter moog customer ( WITH NO SOFTWARE CONTROLLER)............cunts!
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 16:52
true nothing new but it s not needed to make it appealing. still would like to get a moog to get that sound covered...
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 18:49
not sure it will be this it look like a fake pic.. but if it is wtf, i m sure to get it

i thought it would be more complete , in the video is it the spec he mention? 1 lfo 2 vco? look like it s the new phatty.. if these spec are true good thing is that it will be cheaper than i expected but it s limited.
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 19:21

probably the same cash

and the nexus has a tape delay unit
yes , you heard me correctly,,,TAPE delay

fuilters got a similart tone as well
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 19:53
similar cash i doubt it mate . i like the synth caractere to me it look it gonna be a winner if it s not super expensive but it don t sound super highend quality like some eurorack stuff to me...i listened just on cans but it seems the sound is very infront with not much depth and not super detailed but it s just a impression...
i hope it dont come with lcd ,presets ,usb all these thing i don t really need and it will keep the price low.. it s maybe a competitor to the minibrute price range then it would be a winner
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 20:16
Quote:

On 2013-01-10 19:53, PoM wrote:
similar cash i doubt it mate . i like the synth caractere to me it look it gonna be a winner if it s not super expensive but it don t sound super highend quality like some eurorack stuff to me...i listened just on cans but it seems the sound is very infront with not much depth and not super detailed but it s just a impression...
i hope it dont come with lcd ,presets ,usb all these thing i don t really need and it will keep the price low.. it s maybe a competitor to the minibrute price range

valid point but they just phased out the
voyager....and it is moog

ill wait and see.... though i do love my phatty and would never trade it im a bit weary with the way they do ther shit

my guess its a bit of the minataur and the phatty with an opus filter thrown in
or something to do with the guy in the video
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 20:23
yes i guess it s something like that, strange theres moslty low sound on the demo too.

i listened on my monitors and i find it sound good, but i doubt they could sell it at the price of a micromac specially if it have less feature , the choice would be easy to make
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 21:38

look like new phaty with knobs for every fonction and some requested/ missing features from the previous version , maybe similar to voyager oldschool with no midi ect
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 10, 2013 23:41
some one said its got six quarte inch jacks as well
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - New MOOG synth on NAMM 2013

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance