Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - NEVERLAND // BUTTERFLY DANCE FESTIVAL // GREECE // 24th,25th,26th August 2007
← Prev Page
15 16 17 18 19 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

NEVERLAND // BUTTERFLY DANCE FESTIVAL // GREECE // 24th,25th,26th August 2007

herplex_simplex

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 28, 2007 00:14
OHMMM my god!!!
what a great festivall as always!!! NEVERLAND ROCKS AGAIN!!!!
this great organizers must make every year this amazing festival...this fantastic organizers we should give some organisation lessons..every year this fest is beter and beter! BRAVO RE GUYS!!!
>> >i can wait for the new dates of Butterfly Dance Fiascofestival!!!
CMOS
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 28, 2007 09:57

Alkan Ruller

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 28, 2007 12:18
Dear friends

Right this moment that I’m writing this post I still feel torn if I should speak about my experience about the festival, or just forget about it and keep it all to myself. I don’t know…it is a sad thing to return back home with bitterness and disappointment after almost having arranged my whole summer plans for those 5 days…

Now whoever reads these lines should understand that these are completely my personal thoughts and I take full responsibility for my sayings. I am 33 and father of a baby, I have always been a man of truth in my life and I believe that I have shown respect to everyone I have met and collaborated all those many years in Trance. I am glad that I have numerous friends that I did meet through Trance (this is also what this music is about, uh?). In this forum I don’t know, I don’t seem to have the vigorous supporters that others may have, but I don’t mind cause this place is such a small place in the world anyway.

And here I find myself to review the festival which was not as it should be and place a post within a growing war topic.
I will not speak about money, or water and toilets and facilities and all that stuff that should be there and were missing. WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE THE INCONVENIENCE AND SUFFERING OF SO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING TO HAVE SOME FUN. When everything is completely fucked up then it is completely fucked up.

I honestly don’t know about the true reasons of this tragedy because I have not been told anything official from an organizer mouth, instead I had been hearing so many different things and rumors while I was there that I can’t say which is crap and what is true. Actually, the total time I have spent with one of the organizers during 4 days was about 10 min. and that includes the time I was giving him the money I had collected from the presale.

The final line up in order as was presented on one stage of course:

MINIMENTAL
SKUNKBEAT
TIKIS VS STRATOS
THE SCIENTIFICS
STAMA
VANJA
KRISTIAN
OCELOT
EDOARDO
WIZZY NOISE
U-RECKEN
DOC
TRISTAN
SYMPHONIX
MONTAGUE
TRUE LIES
PETER DIGITAL
ATMOS
MAPUSA

It started at about 3pm on Saturday under hot boiling sun and was supposed to end at 8pm on Sunday, but I left on Sunday about 1pm while Symphonix were performing and I don’t know about what happened next. The music on Saturday was mainly electro, Minimental did a good opening but after him all the music until Kristian and Ocelot took over was electrobeat like Decadence and Cavo Paradiso. I can say that the first moment that I heard a real kick was around 1am on Sunday in the middle of Kristian’s set.

I don’t know how to describe the situation of Saturday daytime. There was a tormented crowd that craved for psychedelic music under the burning sun, sweat and dust, the bodies were tired but the minds full awake, they had been so messed and wanted to break out. For almost 8 continuous hours they stood on the dancefloor like begging and all they could hear was the most clubbish claustrophobic music I have listened in the mountains. Electro beat in the mountains. Yes.

I was one with the crowd too, I had been camping with them since Thursday on Paggaio, I had been driving with them trying to find the new location on Friday, I had been walking and walking and packing and unpacking my tent stuff like they did, I had missed a refreshing shower like them.

Saturday music was a hard slap in the face of all the people who had decided to follow the festival’s moving from one place to another, if you understand what I mean. And also to those who kept arriving (and paying tickets) at the place during Saturday afternoon.

My all time favorite Wizzy wizards took over around 6:30am on Sunday morning and that was when psychedelia entered the place. A 90% of their live, and that was a true live, was fresh unreleased bombastic material, I felt so happy when I realized that in all that festival tragedy I was lucky to attend a Wizzy live in Greece!

Crowds slowly started to gather on the dancefloor, URecken live followed shaking real nice ( he played much better music than he did in Thessaloniki), Doc set also beautiful and at times more groovy, then Tristan got in and a lot of ppl were waiting for him, but personally I did not enjoy what I heard because at its most part it was missing atmosphere and feeling. After Tristan the festival had ended for me, I grasped a bit of Symphonix and left for the sea. There were rumors about the music continuing during Sunday night and Monday morning. I have no information if it did.

If I must say some things for the organizers, maybe I should do it in private, but there’s no reason because I don’t want to hear things I already know and understand. I have also organized some mini events in my town Serres and I’ve got a clear idea of what the story means. Also the fact that I didn’t play at the festival is very very far from bothering me, I am not the ego type that sees disaster around and makes still fuss about himself. There were global masters of music that should perform there and never even got to Greece, also there was just one stage and things were perfectly clear about who was going to be on stage from the locals.

BUT!
Dignity, honesty, respect and ethos are innate in people – you have it no matter what or you don’t. You don’t lose it when everything falls apart. You are grown ups and I can’t stand preaching at you. I am not talking about business here, there is no issue about business because I offered my help quite as much as I did last year, I never asked for a penny also like last year and I was up to all my ‘promoting duties’. I am a man of my word and if there’s anyone you could ever find to deny it then let him say it now.
I do sympathize you for the whole situation you are under and I do feel that beyond the fat money you wanted to make a good festival. And I don’t belong in any of the promoting gangs that might be clapping their hands with your misfortune now. I hope you find your way out of this mess as soon as possible.

I must end this writing now or I’m getting too melodramatic. Greetings to all the new people I’ve met there and thanx to my beloved wife for helping me out with proper English in this post.

Respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1OFhFdk2U
agu

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 28, 2007 16:12
hello i would like to share my impressions about the fest...

first of all i have nothing to say for the organization... the changing of the place was a surprise for everyone so i respect that they couldn't organize it better... there was no chill out stage, and the one stage was stored in a truck.... the refrigerators did'nt work and we drunk hot water all night long...one thing that bother me very much was that the ticket even in those worse situations was still 70 euros... that is really unacceptable!!! i think that u had a lot of presale and even if it was not your fault you could lower the price..i think that 50 euros was as much as you could raise the ticket... but the greek stupid mind always prevales.... money over everything!!! it is really sad for you...

now for the party...
it started about 3.... tikis and stratos made a really good dj set with fresh sounds...really good job mates...after that we had some awfull music like rock, metal with beat...
after that at night was psychedelic. its not really my style but they played good...

wizzy noise really rocked the place with thei agressive music...
urecken did a very interesting set...
tritan played his newest album..
doc keeped the place going really nice..
symphonix had a great set but i think it was a bit flat...their songs are a bit the same...
peter didjital!!! my god what a set.... the guy is amazing!!! everybody was dancing and all i could see were happy facessss!!!
atmos!!!! woooooowwwwww!!!! what a live set!!! i think it was the best!!!
mapusa played good music after all that hours but
not really my style..
direct connection really impressed me...good job.
that;s all then i went to sleep...
at night dark psy took over but it started raining...

all in all the organization sucked big time but the vibe of the festival was amazing!! happy faces and good dancefloor...most of the sets (in their kind) were good...

favorites : wizzy noise, tristan, peter didjital, atmos

all the best for next year
liquid j

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 28, 2007 18:09
This was the worst festival i ever been!The worst stage i ever seen!No 2nd stage No lights No shower No food no drinks,and a mind confusion for the party place.The organizers are the most irresponsible people i ever seen!I thought i heard some music,but thnx alkan ruller for the line up,with a really dark stage you can imagine many dj's that wasn't there!we paid 90 euros for what??
All artists tried their best and many performances was great,but this wasn't a festival!Just a nice mountain with a trash sound system!NEVER AGAIN NEVERLAND
"dimitra'

Posted : Aug 29, 2007 00:00
The worst festival in my life...It was only a open air party with thousands of mistakes!
No water...No shower...I spend 60 euro to clean my body all these days!No food for 2 days -only after saturday evening with (soutzoukakia-ntolmadakia)!And breakfast with bread and merenda!!!
Even cigarettes...
NEVERLAND TEAM must be somewhere!
ocelot
ocelot

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Aug 29, 2007 12:56
hello
i had a great time. but then i didnt suffer like many of you seemed to. i got my flight, was picked up, got to sleep in hotel, then went to the party, played my heart out, got sorted out, and sent back to the airport. i apologize if this seems like salt for the wounds of some of you but i see it as evidence of decency of the organizers trying to salvage what almost got destroyed of their festival.
apparently the mayor who had given permission on the first location had given permission for a location he was not allowed to give permission for. he gave permission for a nature preserve...
all decor, all facilities, the 2nd stage, etc... were set up at the first location.
at the point that the forest police/ rangers came to STOP this party, the mayor realized he had messed up and needed to give another location.
this secondary location, while pretty, was lacking in shade, and of course there was very little time to relocate the entire party from friday night fiasco to getting it going before sunset on saturday in the new location.
naturally the organizers focused on core functionality like mainstage sound, electricity, and toilets. the sound was decent to good. the toilets were clean and there were many. everything else was missing.
the heat - yes this seems like it clearly could be a problem. i stayed out of the sun as much as possible during the day- sitting in shadow and drinking water...
i dont have any further information and i really dont know much about the scene in greece etc...
i just wanted to add my experience for the sake of balance and fairness...

vally

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 29, 2007 13:47
and these were the nice facilities that antiorganizers have promised shame on you

2 MUSIC STAGES
• MAIN STAGE 7000 ppl CAPACITY!
• ALTERNATIVE STAGE UNDER THE TREES
• SUPER SOUND SYSTEM
• LAZER SHOW
• 3D VISUALS
• LIVE PROJECTION FROM OUTTER SPACE
• SPECIAL DECO
• LIGHT STRUCTURES
• PAINTINGS
• AERIAL ACROBATIC SHOW
• JUGGLING SHOW and DANCERS
• FREE CAMPING IN THE FOREST
• FULL TOILETTE FACILITIES
• FULL MEDICAL COVER
• TRADITIONAL GREEK and VEGETERIAN FOOD
• PASTAFARI STAND
• CHAI SHOP
• FULL BAR SERVICES / FRESH FRUITS and JUICES
• STANDS / MARKETS
• THE PLACE IS PROTECTED WITH PRIVATE SECURITY

ha ha ha i think that it is very funny for anyone thatr has been in the fiasco festival reading these lines
          liquid style dancers
TenTen

Posted : Aug 29, 2007 14:46
Stratos from candyflip in the festival session speak about 3000ppl,
i understand that because of the situation they didn't have time to make the second stage,special deco,light structures etc,but why they didn't have the juggling show and dancers?paintnings?lazer show,3d visual,traditional greek food?
They know about the situation from wensday.
don't tell us that they have no money to pay the juglers and the dancers or the lazer show because 3000ppl are money and don't tell us that you didn't have time to move all those to the other area.
another ARPAXTI and where the f..k is the organizers????????
2 days after the fiasko and nothing yet.
many of my friends have go to lawyers
Progra

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 29, 2007 15:25
hi
i was doing the visuals in the festival for both nights. unfortunally the 2nd night after 2 we have to stop the visuals because of the rain. it was a demand of the sound and vision people, who bring the gears.
thanks
MOONSUN-RECORDS.gr
Moonsun Records

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Aug 29, 2007 16:27
i was there also and i have to say only 1 thing
i had a killer hotel in eleftherupoli with swimming pool was great....lol
uforica025
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 29, 2007 17:25
Quote:

On 2007-08-28 12:18, Alkan Ruller wrote:
Dear friends

Right this moment that I’m writing this post I still feel torn if I should speak about my experience about the festival, or just forget about it and keep it all to myself. I don’t know…it is a sad thing to return back home with bitterness and disappointment after almost having arranged my whole summer plans for those 5 days…

Now whoever reads these lines should understand that these are completely my personal thoughts and I take full responsibility for my sayings. I am 33 and father of a baby, I have always been a man of truth in my life and I believe that I have shown respect to everyone I have met and collaborated all those many years in Trance. I am glad that I have numerous friends that I did meet through Trance (this is also what this music is about, uh?). In this forum I don’t know, I don’t seem to have the vigorous supporters that others may have, but I don’t mind cause this place is such a small place in the world anyway.

And here I find myself to review the festival which was not as it should be and place a post within a growing war topic.
I will not speak about money, or water and toilets and facilities and all that stuff that should be there and were missing. WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE THE INCONVENIENCE AND SUFFERING OF SO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING TO HAVE SOME FUN. When everything is completely fucked up then it is completely fucked up.

I honestly don’t know about the true reasons of this tragedy because I have not been told anything official from an organizer mouth, instead I had been hearing so many different things and rumors while I was there that I can’t say which is crap and what is true. Actually, the total time I have spent with one of the organizers during 4 days was about 10 min. and that includes the time I was giving him the money I had collected from the presale.

The final line up in order as was presented on one stage of course:

MINIMENTAL
SKUNKBEAT
TIKIS VS STRATOS
THE SCIENTIFICS
STAMA
VANJA
KRISTIAN
OCELOT
EDOARDO
WIZZY NOISE
U-RECKEN
DOC
TRISTAN
SYMPHONIX
MONTAGUE
TRUE LIES
PETER DIGITAL
ATMOS
MAPUSA

It started at about 3pm on Saturday under hot boiling sun and was supposed to end at 8pm on Sunday, but I left on Sunday about 1pm while Symphonix were performing and I don’t know about what happened next. The music on Saturday was mainly electro, Minimental did a good opening but after him all the music until Kristian and Ocelot took over was electrobeat like Decadence and Cavo Paradiso. I can say that the first moment that I heard a real kick was around 1am on Sunday in the middle of Kristian’s set.

I don’t know how to describe the situation of Saturday daytime. There was a tormented crowd that craved for psychedelic music under the burning sun, sweat and dust, the bodies were tired but the minds full awake, they had been so messed and wanted to break out. For almost 8 continuous hours they stood on the dancefloor like begging and all they could hear was the most clubbish claustrophobic music I have listened in the mountains. Electro beat in the mountains. Yes.

I was one with the crowd too, I had been camping with them since Thursday on Paggaio, I had been driving with them trying to find the new location on Friday, I had been walking and walking and packing and unpacking my tent stuff like they did, I had missed a refreshing shower like them.

Saturday music was a hard slap in the face of all the people who had decided to follow the festival’s moving from one place to another, if you understand what I mean. And also to those who kept arriving (and paying tickets) at the place during Saturday afternoon.

My all time favorite Wizzy wizards took over around 6:30am on Sunday morning and that was when psychedelia entered the place. A 90% of their live, and that was a true live, was fresh unreleased bombastic material, I felt so happy when I realized that in all that festival tragedy I was lucky to attend a Wizzy live in Greece!

Crowds slowly started to gather on the dancefloor, URecken live followed shaking real nice ( he played much better music than he did in Thessaloniki), Doc set also beautiful and at times more groovy, then Tristan got in and a lot of ppl were waiting for him, but personally I did not enjoy what I heard because at its most part it was missing atmosphere and feeling. After Tristan the festival had ended for me, I grasped a bit of Symphonix and left for the sea. There were rumors about the music continuing during Sunday night and Monday morning. I have no information if it did.

If I must say some things for the organizers, maybe I should do it in private, but there’s no reason because I don’t want to hear things I already know and understand. I have also organized some mini events in my town Serres and I’ve got a clear idea of what the story means. Also the fact that I didn’t play at the festival is very very far from bothering me, I am not the ego type that sees disaster around and makes still fuss about himself. There were global masters of music that should perform there and never even got to Greece, also there was just one stage and things were perfectly clear about who was going to be on stage from the locals.

BUT!
Dignity, honesty, respect and ethos are innate in people – you have it no matter what or you don’t. You don’t lose it when everything falls apart. You are grown ups and I can’t stand preaching at you. I am not talking about business here, there is no issue about business because I offered my help quite as much as I did last year, I never asked for a penny also like last year and I was up to all my ‘promoting duties’. I am a man of my word and if there’s anyone you could ever find to deny it then let him say it now.
I do sympathize you for the whole situation you are under and I do feel that beyond the fat money you wanted to make a good festival. And I don’t belong in any of the promoting gangs that might be clapping their hands with your misfortune now. I hope you find your way out of this mess as soon as possible.

I must end this writing now or I’m getting too melodramatic. Greetings to all the new people I’ve met there and thanx to my beloved wife for helping me out with proper English in this post.

Respect

completely agree my friend
and yes, music continues Sunday and Monday,till Tuesday afternoon.The "main" fest was finish Monday afternoon,around 6 and then it starts after party till Tuesday and they had play nice psy sounds by smaller greeks dj's, me included (5-8 Tuesday morning).

I think tnhat because the place change the last minute, things cold not be better..
and i think also, that they ask for 50 and not for 90 fee, but i;m not sure about.

However, my opinion is that was mistake to ask for money for the people who had so much tired days to follow to new place camp again etc, better move was probably to stay only with the presales, and leave the rest people for free, as they did not have many of the facilities, and NO WATER for shower!!

i was feel disappointed also that the stage did'nt have any shade, not only for the people but the dj's even!!!

Symphonix, Tristan, and lot of others had play under the hard miday sun and 40C (in the shade!!!imagine under the sun!!!)

Music sometimes was crap, like first's days electro...everyone was pegging for some psychedelic music.

Then was the progressive part...

Real psy music was starts with Kristian's set

nice music (for my opinion) was Kristian,U Recken, Trista, and from Greece, Tony & Nasia,Doc some 2 other guys @ Monday evening that i don't know 'cause i was listen the music from my tent, and @ the After party, Dimitri from Natural High

That's all from me,

and i wand to say that i don't have any hard feelings for the organizers as i understand the difficulties the had at last moment
and the disagrees i had opposite is just my opinion

Hopping for a better organization next year

Good Luck
elfish

Posted : Aug 29, 2007 19:18
Hello there people.
I was on the mountain for 10 days working as a volunteer for the festival, just because i want to support every effort made for such gatherings.

I have read in here a lot of 100% fair complains from people, some really objective comments, (thank god) some words about the feeling we shared there, but also a bunch of lies and yes there are mean people in here.

First of all on Wednesday evening(22-8) all the people who were present in Paggaio mountain were gathered in the main stage (the great one that Pablo and Aaron created) and were informed by Nasia and Antoni about what was going on. They kindly asked to help them by protecting the forest and avoiding to light a fire for any reason. Everybody said that they wanna help, and nobody made any complaints or left.

The next day when the Police arrived with the Firemen and the Forest Police allmost all the people gathered again and discussed in personal with them. They understood that there was no blame to put on the organizers but only on the local governers and they diclared full support to the organizers and the event. (There are also people who made videos at that time and i hope they will upload them). Until that time (Thursday evening 23-8) even the policemen said that we have no reason to go, we can stay there and that they were going to unblock the road so that people can reach the region.

They ofcourse lied. They sent away so many people by saying that the festival was cancelled, when at the maintime the organizers were speaking with the local council.

They had another appointment the next day at 1pm with the mayer of Kavala.
And at about 2pm he announced them that they have to move to Lefki. Just 3 hours before the opening. That was a disaster...

We had to move everything to the other location which we have seen only from inside a car.

At that point everybody thought that everything was finished, that they are just going to cancell it, because people where working for allmost one month to prepare everything and we made a great job. There were showers, a kitchen and a bar made of wood, a perfect treehouse from which the djs were supposed to perforf at the alternative stage, the market place and decoration and lights everywhere the place was a beautiful village ready for the people to come.

But no, in greece it doesn't matter how hard you work and what kind of project you are trying to accomplish, no you have to know the right people to do your job.

After all these they found the strength to start from the very beginning everything with people screaming around them. What they managed to do was ofcourse not a real festival, but it was a party made only in order not to disappoint completely all these people, they tried their best working for 3 days sleepless.

But i saw around me happy faces, smiling and sharing, i heard Djs saying that they will support the Neverland team in every effort because they really made everything possible to make this happen.And i am not talking only about friends and native Djs.

I can say for myself also that i didn't experience what i was expecting but i met people who worked with passion and tried their best. No it wasn't the best, and i don't expect understanding from people who see only themselves suffering from no shower and they don't understand that what happened was an attack to the trance scene in Greece.

The church said that the purpose of our gathering was to pray for satan, the others that we are messed up ravers with no brain, the outsiders. I saw people who fought against all these and manageed to change a lot of people minds by working hard and believing that it is going to happen no matter what.

The most funny thing, people from other countries respected the effort congratulate it and all we do is to accuse one another because we are all hannibals.

I speak the truth, I have no reason to lie, I am going to be there next year even if we only are 300 people, I don't care. I prefer to be in something less organized and original than to have the great companies supporting an event that is only merchandise to them.

Maybe i am being too romantic or melodramatic, but i prefer it than being sold.

Have a nice evening everybody.

P.S. Oh! And as for the money, the ticket in Lefki costed 70 Euros and when people camplained paid 50 and not 90 and the party was still on until Tuesday afternoon(ask Taj Mahal he finished it) .
The food that a lady made fun of it some posts before, was made by the local women association and it was traditional greek food and it had also a lot of vegeterian dishes and it also had barbeque.

elfish

Posted : Aug 29, 2007 21:47
http://www.evdomi.gr/pub/starcms/repository/static/articles/ar_17394_1.asp

This is another article from the local press about the festival, maybe the only one which describes the situation without characterizing us as freaks.
nyama
Nyama

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Aug 29, 2007 22:20
Quote:

On 2007-08-29 12:56, ocelot wrote:
hello
i had a great time. but then i didnt suffer like many of you seemed to. i got my flight, was picked up, got to sleep in hotel, then went to the party, played my heart out, got sorted out, and sent back to the airport. i apologize if this seems like salt for the wounds of some of you but i see it as evidence of decency of the organizers trying to salvage what almost got destroyed of their festival.
apparently the mayor who had given permission on the first location had given permission for a location he was not allowed to give permission for. he gave permission for a nature preserve...
all decor, all facilities, the 2nd stage, etc... were set up at the first location.
at the point that the forest police/ rangers came to STOP this party, the mayor realized he had messed up and needed to give another location.
this secondary location, while pretty, was lacking in shade, and of course there was very little time to relocate the entire party from friday night fiasco to getting it going before sunset on saturday in the new location.
naturally the organizers focused on core functionality like mainstage sound, electricity, and toilets. the sound was decent to good. the toilets were clean and there were many. everything else was missing.
the heat - yes this seems like it clearly could be a problem. i stayed out of the sun as much as possible during the day- sitting in shadow and drinking water...
i dont have any further information and i really dont know much about the scene in greece etc...
i just wanted to add my experience for the sake of balance and fairness...

good to read some nice impressions here...
i had a blasting time there! only danced when the music made me feel like that (the clubmusic in daytimes was annoying and i went for enjoying the nature around) have seen more worse parties and 90eus were too much, but in the end it was a nice event (more a party than a festival) but i liked it... and imagine, i came from germany

greetz to all the ppl who enjoyed the time there and to all nice ppl i met there... the others, avoid to go for psyevents, its still an underground scene, not like rockfestivals or stuff like this... greece has a big church and political elections in one month, maybe thats why it turned out like this... the authoroties dont like the psypeople as it seems... check zoutube for the vids of the "greek rave act" maybe that shows something of what i mean for u....
in the end:
party is what u make out of it!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - NEVERLAND // BUTTERFLY DANCE FESTIVAL // GREECE // 24th,25th,26th August 2007
← Prev Page
15 16 17 18 19 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance