Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goa . 1995-2005.Review

The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 4, 2005 12:31
I agree and I disagree with you (Dot kite),
When people say the following: “It’s not like in the old days”, I always answer: “what is?”…
However I think it’s very possible to find a new place in this great world of ours… As I said before it just need to be out of the reach of civilization… It could be on a Island, with fairy arriving only once a day for instance… There are so many possibilities…

"Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 4, 2005 12:40
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 12:31, The Green Channel wrote:
When people say the following: “It’s not like in the old days”, I always answer: “what is?”…
However I think it’s very possible to find a new place in this great world of ours… As I said before it just need to be out of the reach of civilization… It could be on a Island, with ferry leaving and arriving only once a day for instance… There are so many possibilities…

Dear The Green Channel,
I agree with you on finding a new place in this great world of ours...

I am sure there are a lot of unbilievable nice places around this globe, but the problem is not the place....but the human attitude...
Nowdays, human beings are much more spoiled with the new technologies and in the next few years there will be a huge connection between Human and technology (see wearable electronics for instance).
By specifing this, there will be several options on how the "new Goa" will be....
Maybe there will be a "new-hippie" approach to this situation...."tech-hippies" or whatever you want to call them...

Concluding, once more, I would like to point that the problem is not to find a nice landscape but to change the human attitude that tends to modify (destroy) everything with the pass of the years!

Best regards
Tms
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 4, 2005 14:08
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 12:40, Dot Kite wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 12:31, The Green Channel wrote:
However I think it’s very possible to find a new place in this great world of ours… As I said before it just need to be out of the reach of civilization… It could be on a Island, with ferry leaving and arriving only once a day for instance… There are so many possibilities…

Dear The Green Channel,
I agree with you on finding a new place in this great world of ours...

I am sure there are a lot of unbilievable nice places around this globe, but the problem is not the place....but the human attitude...
Nowdays, human beings are much more spoiled with the new technologies and in the next few years there will be a huge connection between Human and technology (see wearable electronics for instance).
By specifing this, there will be several options on how the "new Goa" will be....
Maybe there will be a "new-hippie" approach to this situation...."tech-hippies" or whatever you want to call them...

Concluding, once more, I would like to point that the problem is not to find a nice landscape but to change the human attitude that tends to modify (destroy) everything with the pass of the years!

Best regards
Tms

My friend i'm a tech-freak myself, but i'm able to let go, and i think most of us besically are able to let go (for some amount of time at least)... This should be the place where we let loose and forget the present world... But you are right it's going to be hard, but who said it should be easy... ... I think it's healthy for people to forget the tech-world that they live in for a period of time...           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 4, 2005 14:56
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 14:08, The Green Channel wrote:
I think it's healthy for people to forget the tech-world that they live in for a period of time...

Definetely true !!!
Nothing to add...

have fun
Tms
Neville Bone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : May 4, 2005 15:01
Technology or not technology?
I don't think this is the point in my opinion.
Ok so all the tech I need to survive is a laptop and a set of cdjs.
How would this change my attitude to being a "HIPPY "?
I still prefare to live in a Jungle or on deserted beach or up in the mountains and the fact that I need a laptop to produce,check e-mails,login on isra and a set of cdjs to Dj does not and never will change my attitude towards life and towards Goa trance and towards our society!
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Started Topics :  18
Posted : May 4, 2005 17:32
About Gokarn and other states of India.
The areas,which is generally developed for possibilities of organising a open air trance parties are (were) Himachal Pradesh,Maharashtra South side,Goa,Karnataka ( area of Om beach-Paradise beach) and Hampi.These places are(were)richable by foreign travellers,somekind of notvery suspicious food,sound which possible to rent or short distance to bring.
1.Himachal Pradesh.Parties started there at early 90 s 9around 94),and was mostly made by english people,Proper wild acid parties,no mercy.Was mostly hold in far spots in Parvati valley and some upper Vashisht till Solang.In 95-96 Mountains strted to be filed up ( and over ) with young israeli psychedelic toursists ( they were calling ESTA people -for the name of a travel (or air) company making a tours for india from Israel)-And in that time there were a lot of different parties made by israelies around Kasol,Old Manali and Vashisht.The crowd was mostly on E,and generally,I think that was the reason,why the elder people (acid heads)stopped to come on this parties.The last really good party which I catched was in 97 on the plato ,then I heard in 99 was a 3 days english party,well made,not much people.After this started the problems with locals,police,and just the parties became shitty and shitty.Probably,as PSY wrote here,there are the partie later,but I stopped to come mountains 2000,and also I didnt had anyroomers of afterhappenings,but last few years there is defenetly NADA.
.(When I speak about the party I speak about the proper one-not 2 indian speakers in the 3x3 garden near guest house in Old Manali for 40 ppl on E.)
2.Maharashtra.In the middle of 90s there were some parties blasted in this area.I havent been on many,but I heard a legends about 94-the desert party near Shiva Temple,One was near RedFort in 95 (sounth cost),in 98 me and italian Kaio( chillum master) made one in Jaipur in Tiger Fort(really killer)....
And,for sure the party in jungle resort in Puna( Apr 98)-was busted by Police,and 2 weeks later BIG BUST in Bombay area also in the jungles.That time was like 100 Policemen with guns,sticks,our group styed 3 daysin the jail and were released by chance that we had 500 $ to pay.For NOTHING,cause we just were playing.Thats it.
Apart of it there are the organisations in Mumbay,used to make sometime (around 99) the parties on openairs around Mumbay,but as I know now it is mostly impossible.
3.Goa.Just all this topic about it
4.Karnataka.Used to be really good place for the parties.On my memory there were 3 good one on Om Beach-2000,2001,2002.
In Feb 2000 was one of the best for 400 ppl balsted on free liquid for 3 days on the wild and one of the most unreachable and beautifull Barka Beach (reaching the placeonly by boats 30 min ).
2001 gave the nice 3 days proper festival on Paradise beach.
After this all parties never happened in the beach area-was a lot of rummers,people went up and down,only last year it was possible to make 1 day instead of 3,this Year BlackMoon Gokarn,was suppose to be organised by French Connection,was failed.Pity.
Hampi.Last few years ( now less),I remember was always around full moon,when there were the dead party days in Goa(Exams or Elections),few buses was always in Hampi looking for the parties,but as far as I know they never found something for what you want to go 9 hours on the bus.(Apart of the beautiness of Hampi ,and tratata,but I m speaking of party situation).
Thats it.So,with all my desireness to find a place better than Goa,lets say in India is impossible.It's better in GOA!!!
The Tree Tribe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 4, 2005 19:35
Nice posts XP.. Interesting to see how drastically the scene and the vibe in Goa has changed. It's rather f*cked now if you ask me. I went this New Years and Baga was worse than South Beach in Miami...

In the words of RajaRam: "Find new pastures.... The world is out there"

Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : May 5, 2005 00:01
i love goa been there and play there for 7 years many partys and spand lots of time..
some of my partys there were biger then festival..(: like the 1 with me and astrl productions and many..
evry time i say i go some other place in the world for my holliday,i keep going and going agen to goa...
mits lots lots of friends... xp..too i know from goa and we become good friends..
sooooo next year...? "beshana habaa begoa habnuya"....(:           out now:
Aumrec – Before The Beginning ,EP
V/a Beat Wins , Compiled by DJ Asherun
Embargaa - Slova . EP
www.myspace.com/dancendustrecords
LeZuXxX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 5, 2005 02:31
TO XP...I really wanna know WHY DID U STOP THAT PARTY IN VAGATORE(1 week be4 xmas in the beach)at 7:00 am so suddenly??!! ILL WAIT 4 YOUR ANSWER!!!Wat i believe is that some kinda of way, there was a bad feeling in the air. Things were tense as u also could feel n there was no energy there as u said. Bike crash´s, people doing everything(Indians) to have money from the foreigners, including stealing, 2 much X around, fukin police mafia n the nite club owners n real BAD DJ´S most of the time! And of course, the Tsunamis, thats why i think there was this feeling..people knew that something was going wrong. But i also believe that its a new time n we got to deal with this. Trance has become Pop everywhere n ive lived everywhere, theres a lot of money involved. So the only way is that u DJS, PRODUCERS, PARTY PRODUCERS has to improve something, maybe making small parties again, maybe ´playnig for free sometimes, maybe playing something that will "filter' the bad crowd..u know better than me. BUT STOPPING A PARTY AS U DID IN VAGATORE AT 7:00 AM its not a good way to make people feel good about fuking commercial GOA. And i didnt see any police around there...me n 1 Israeli friend even tried to pay the bar owner to let the party go..but where to go? Go to Goa to go to bed at 7;00 am.....that was many people had to do that day....i hope that never happens again, specially after 4 plane from Brazil. If u wanna go SHANTI, SHANTI go to goa.....2 SHANTI 4 ME!!!
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Posted : May 5, 2005 23:15
2 LeXuXxX:I will answer you with the pleasure if you
insist.
!st of all I never made a party in Vagator on the beach.I know,what u are talking about,but I just played there last hour.
2nd.If you read the main topic more attentively,you will notice that I spoke about the low,and that all parties this year were finished very early:(
But just how do you think,honestly,are we looking like a people who want to stop a party?WE??!!!
Party (good organisation) making in Goa it is a big
spend of the energy,time,money and nerves (sometime after 3 days preapring a place,party can be cancelled 5 min before start,I want to see how u will stay calm).
So,if (and specially our organisation)are starting to make any moves to organise a party,we check seriously who is connection for a permission,and untill what time.
Usually in normal seasons we make 3,top 4 big parties in Goa(including HillTop NYE),and the minimum permission time suppose to be till sunset next day,or 22.00 top.
As I said,we had a time this year only for 7 Jan-Russian Crystmas Jungle party,and then after this fckn governement crysis,all parties( untill they were on were shot really early)
And usually ( before politic crysis)the nigbours ,or (often ) the concurents of a local group who put a bar calle din Police and made a complain on the sound.Police came and stopped a party.
Before,even in early 2000s,music stopped for 10 in,police took bakshish and party kicked on again.
This times are also back,and now they just come and stop,sometime arresting the equipement of dj ...
Thats it
LeZuXxX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 6, 2005 20:20
Ok XP, thats wat i thought. I just needed to be sure. I know that lots of people in GOA last season werent "Trance people" (if we still cay say that), but many people from many places, still thinking that GOA is a place for party. And this people, even the young ones r the new generation thats gonna make trance scene goin on. Wat i felt that party was something like..."this people here r not enough to make this party" and that was a really bad feeling, specially when you r on Acid. So its really good to know,to take this weight from my shoulders, that wat happened that day theres nothing to do with u and the party producers. GOA is so fukin commercial nowdays that u never know wat people r up to do. Anywayazzz Goa is gone....
Tnx
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Posted : May 7, 2005 02:13
My friend.All world is so commercial now.
Realise it,and get used.
Othervise make a revolution
2 ways-you choose.
Othervise is just speakig a lot how everything is rolling down
And!GOA IS THE (!!!) PLACE FOR PARTIES!!!
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : May 7, 2005 07:07
wtf, goa really exists as a place on earth??????

and i always thought it was music            Signature
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 7, 2005 12:17
Quote:

On 2005-05-03 23:44, psy wrote:
the real problem is that goa has created a trance scene in bombay. a trance scene has sprung up in pune near bombay to support the bombay scene. that is the main problem because indians ruin the scene for the rest of the people - their numbers are so big. this is why IMHO the north is better. less populated and cool mountain people.

Have you noticed what a paternalistic, patronizing, imperialist, colonialist and racist post (i'm out of long words...) you've just produced here?

You come into these people country and then tell them they ruin it for you when they wanna take part?

The trance community in Bombay & Delhi is very nice, and I heard good things about Bangalore as well. Some of it is very commercial, but that is the same everywhere in the world these days. I was in a very good party in Bombay and was cooperating very nicely working hard near the speakers with some cool Indian people, that seemed to be a lot more into the spirit of Goa trance than a lot of people I've met many places including foreigners coming to Goa.

I really suggest you rethink about what you wrote here.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 7, 2005 14:34

I thing Goa is Goa and everybody must have a pass
at the place who has born our music if it is possible.
Offcurse after so many years this place turn to commercial but this is logical if happen.
The point is:
If somebody go now for first time there what must he expect?           
Open your mind...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Goa . 1995-2005.Review
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance