Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - CIRCLES OF SOUND FESTIVAL -- Oct 22-24, 2004-- Northern California
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

CIRCLES OF SOUND FESTIVAL -- Oct 22-24, 2004-- Northern California

mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Oct 22, 2004 20:24
Aww yeah.... It's gonna explode tonight all weekend long... Hope to see many of you there... Bring your stomping shoes..           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Jeto

Started Topics :  258
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 04:00
So how was this/
I heard some bad news about it ?           https://www.djjeto.com
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 04:03
Had to end early due to rain....

However Joti Sidhu will still be playing monday:

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/47118/forum/28           http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 10:50
I'll tell you what.....

the friday night/saturday day party was awesome. They actually kept it going until saturday afternoon, despite the rain. It was raining hard at some points, but people were dancing anyways! The music was freakin' awesome!!! There was a tarp put up 50 feet back from the speakers, and underneath was always a nice little crowd of dancers and cheerers under there as well as the crazy rain dancers.

I wish they would have put up the really big tarps before the party, but they never ended up putting those up, so the 'dance floor' was a land o'lakes. But most of the people there were cheery despite the wetness, so even though I was dissapointed by the experience as a whole I still had a really good vibe. Of course there were some fussy people who didn't quite have the energy to work with the situation (including one DJ who refused to play in the rain) but you really can't blame them...it's not an ideal getaway to move from sunny wherever to a rainy forest for most people (Mubali excluded).

I wish they had the relocated party when I was still up in nor cal on saturday night instead of tonight.....but I can't have everything.

Props to Paradigm for the extreme effort. Boos to the weathermen for the misleading information.
psunspot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 20:41
oh man, i can't really say anything nice about this one. and i'm doing my best to refrain from pounding out my true sentiments.
2 days in the car for nothing. actually for less than nothing as i paid for a presale, for gas, etc. and then i had to take Shawnodese on to SF too. just got back to portland this morning...
sigh.

i will say that i feel badly for Lawrence and his crew, cause i know they went to a lot of effort to do this. better luck next time, bro. and big thanks for getting Shawnodese over here. he's a great guy and a kickass DJ. after he rocked it here on thursday night, i was really looking froward to hearing his set outdoors on sunday morning...

my 2 worthless little pennies and then i'll leave it at that: if you have an outdoor and there's a chance of rain, then you gotta be prepared for that. parties go on in the rain all the time (at least here in oregon they do), and i can't help believing that if just a few more things had been seen to beforehand, this event would have turned out a success.

David(KIVA)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 23:20
Thats too bad for COS. I was looking forward to hearing how this party unfolded. By the sounds of it Fri/Sat went ok. Dont give up paradigm. the sun will shine on you again. Keep it up!           http://soundcloud.com/djkiva
Nutz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 26, 2004 01:05
Uhm... So the site said Rain or Shine... It was raining, and I was Shining! The rain wasn't that bad, I guess people are just whining. Rain was predicted over a week ago! I flew out from the east coast with full knowledge that it would be pooring! I was sooo excited.

I feel bad for the DEA crew. I know they put a buttload of work into this... Sorry guys!

Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 26, 2004 03:50
hmmm, people keep saying the rain was not so bad, but since friday when Mubali played it was really really wet. i was ok with the rain actually until the fifth layer of clothing i was wearing was soaked through...
with the possibility of rain so high, better preperation should have been made for sure. Sometimes it just rains... a lot!
It was sad to see things unfold the way they did, because Lawrence's vision for the party was beautiful, all about unity and diversity.
The vibe on friday nite was really great despite the weather conditions, a lot of happy bouncy people! trent's opening set rocked, amanda was great as always, chickenman had the dancefloor screaming with his typically russian crazy sounds, and mubali, wow, your sound is soo powerful!
anyway, was a good time, feel like a survivor, keep up the spirit Lawrence           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
obu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Oct 26, 2004 04:30
When things like this happen offcourse there will be alot of upset people. It really sucks that this had to be cancelled, I agree Lawrence did have a good vision, just a bit better planning for the elements next time. If this party was not pounded by the elements, it would have gone off...simple as that.

Keep it up Lawrence, things like this happen, just have to look forward and handle this situation in the right way. We certainly need more parties like this with a diverse lineup and a focus on everyone having fun.
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Oct 27, 2004 05:54
thanks everybody for the kind words.
To those that feel like it wasnt raining that hard. 5 of the 8 canopies at the site collapsed due to water.
and a few pieces of equipment got water logged to the point of being destroyed. Steps were taken to help with the weather, however budget and shortness of time kept them from what they could/should of been. The weather only got worse too as the day progressed, during breakdown, conditions were really bad.

There will be future events, and those with presales or proof of purcahse, hold on to them. They will be good for any future DEA events

thanks to those that came, and were coming.
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Oct 27, 2004 22:20
Well...it was sad idd. to arrive there after a 12 hour ride from Portland OR and find nothing....but what to do, I guess we're all in a learning process on planet Earth and I hope C.O.S. crew learned their lesson from this one. Thanks anyway for trying to make a difference in the scene here and that sweet little stompin' party in the Luna Lounge.....at least I could get rid of some of my latest tunes over there and from seeing the response that was really appreciated....enjoyed it bigtime !!!! Thanks to all who came out there for the support and special thx to Dr. Spook for setting it all up !!!
          Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - CIRCLES OF SOUND FESTIVAL -- Oct 22-24, 2004-- Northern California
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance