Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - CIRCLES OF SOUND FESTIVAL -- Oct 22-24, 2004-- Northern California
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

CIRCLES OF SOUND FESTIVAL -- Oct 22-24, 2004-- Northern California

david-tek
D-Tek

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 28, 2004 17:54
Hello,, yeaaaaaa im looking fordward for this party
see you guys in few days

www.maia.com.mx
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 00:07
The final lineup for the Circles of Sound festival is complete. Below is a complete list of who is playing and when.
(set times are subject to change due to unforseen circumstances)

MAIN STAGE :

Friday:
6:00pm-8:00pm tba..
8:00pm-9:15pm : Trent (dea,psybertribe)
9:15pm-11:00pm : Psyonic (touch samadhi)
11:00pm-12:15am: Amanda (moe)
12:15am-1:30am : Nikon (psybertribe)
1:30am- 2:45am : Chickenman (moe)
2:45am-4:00am : Mubali (moe)- live !!
4:00am-5:30am : Blue Spectral Monkey (touch samadhi)
5:30am-7:00am : BodhiSattva 13:20 (truffle records)-live !!
7:00am-8:30am : Kri (touch samadhi)
8:30am-10:00am : Quadra (solstice)-live !!
10:00am-noon : Hidroponik (psycircle)

sound off till 4:20...

Saturday
4:20pm-6:00pm : David Justin (psybooty)
6:00pm-7:30pm : Rob-ot (phoenix family)
7:30pm-8:45pm : Pikasso (ataraxia)
8:45pm-10:00pm : Michael Liu (illumination records)
10:00pm-11:15pm: Akasha (astral psyentists)
11:15pm-12:30am : Wichdokta (full circle)
12:30am-1:30am: Infinite Webb (infinte loop, crystal matrix)
1:30am-2:45am : Chromatone (vaporvent,mechanik sound)- live !!
2:45am-4:00am : Paradigm (dea, c.o.s)
4:00am-6:00am : Shawnodese (maia)
6:00am-8:00am : Dtek (maia) live !!/ dj
8:00am-10:00am Joti Sidhu (spun/nano/chemical crew)
10:00am-noon : Arturo (maia)
noon-1:30pm : Fanboy (astral psyentists)
1:30pm-3:00pm : Lucina (dea, psycircle)

CHILL SPACE :

Friday:
8:00pm-10:00pm : Lorax -live !!
10:00pm-12:00am : LinZ (phoenix family)
12:00am-2:00am : Instrumental Ward (tsd studios)
2:00am-4:00am : Manx
4:00am-6:00am : Jeremy (dea)
6:00am-8:00am : Kittyboy
8:00am-10:00am : 4matt (the drow)
10:00am-noon : Dj Dice (straylight)

Saturday:
4:00pm-6:00pm : Blue Spectral Monkey (touch samdhi)
6:00pm-8:00pm : Afut (upinyah)
8:00pm-10:00pm : Rob-ot (phoenix family)
10:00pm-12:00am : Metathema (astral psyentists)
12:00am-2:00am : Shiva Subcontractor (vaporvent)-live!!
2:00am-4:00am : Phidelity (touch samadhi)
4:00am-6:00am : Maer ( dub beautiful)
6:00am-8:00am : Trent (psybertribe, dea)
8:00am-10:00am : Saturnia (phoenix family,amboworld.com)
10:00am-noon : NOD (touch samadhi)

BREAKBEAT/ EXPERIMENTAL ZONE

Friday
6:00pm-7:30pm : Jeremy (dea)
7:30pm-9:00pm : Seiji (deep connection)
9:00pm-10:30pm : Jason Smith (the drow)
10:30pm-12:00am : Anomally (the drow)-live!!
12:00am-1:30am : Aaron Jae vs Athena (evil breaks)
1:30am-9:00 am : Ambient Mafia 5 year celebration
9:00am-10:30am : Skriker (the drow)
10:30am-noon : Dj Lurid (fmk)

Saturday
2:30pm-3:30pm : Influence (in tha mix)
3:30pm-4:45pm : Sheztek (moksha tribe)
4:45pm-6:00pm : MOD (evil breaks)
6:00pm-7:30pm : Kikipopo (the drow) -live!!
7:30pm-9:00pm : Indigo (f&f)
9:00pm-10:30pm: Dj Dice (straylight)
10:30pm-12:00am : Pauly Vinyl (f&f)
12:00am-1:30am : 4matt (the drow)
1:30am-3:00am : Red Stick Man vs Konkers (f&f, am breaks)
3:00am-4:30am : Donna Matrix aka Dominatrix (news breaks)
4:30am-6:00am : Rafiq (the drow)
6:00am-7:30am : Hickory (the drow)
7:30am-9:00am : (its a surprise)
9:00am-10:30: Electro Testicle (the drow)
10:30am-noon : Rubba Twang (the drow)

additional info can be found at:
www.cirlcesofsound.org
David(KIVA)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 00:34
Is there any paticular reason why you would have

Quadra playing at 8:00 in the MORNING instead of at night.

Then the trivia continues on Saturday with...

Dtek, Joti, Arturo playing in the MORINING instead of at night.

Not that any of these talents would'nt be able to carry that responsibilit, but Ido just put a new album out that rocks for the nightime (my opinion). Ive heard them all at night and it was..well. GOOD! The legs of people cant possibly still be moving willingly by that time! I know it said that the times are subject to change. Do you think that will be happening in the unique case of the artists involved? I was planning on sending some friends of mine down there on Saturday and I know for a fact that they will not stay til those hours to see them play. they will have a long drive ahead of them.          http://soundcloud.com/djkiva
*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 00:59
David (Kiva)~ I can't speak directly for Paradigm, but I know that at Boom this year,
Lawrence & myself, along with many others (30k tranceheads) experianced some kick ass morning tunes from Quadra when he went on at 9am. I think the beautiful full-on melodic melodies and hard driving bass drove the us all to stomp up some dust in the daylight.....I think that was the same plan he had with that timeslot. Same with Arturo (morning set at Enosa-ahhhh- epic!) Hope you can somehow change plans to catch these sets, as they are sure to be memorable! Not sure on the Joti slot as I agree his music is darker....but I am sure Lawrence will get around to explaining this to all. Cya on the dancefloor!

Lovenlight,
*christine*/InfiniteWebb
InfiniteLoop Prod./Crystal Matrix Rec.           http://www.vaporvent.com
http://www.myspace.com/christinewebb
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 01:09
It has been my experience with a lot of these outdoor events that the morning slots are some of the peak times for the dancefloor. 1. It's not cold outside. 2. You can see who you are dancing next to.
3. Your drugs have gone past the stage where it's too intense for you to dance.

In my opinion, the music that all of these people play are more toward the morning sound.

A couple of years back there was an Alien Project party up here. He specifically requested a morning (10am-12:30pm) slot. Now at the time, I like you Kiva, thought that no one would possibly be able to dance during the morning and people would be leaving during that time. Sure enough, there were more people dancing during his set than almost any time that entire weekend.

I am a firm believer of full powered morning music to keep people going. And why send your friends down on Saturday? Send them Friday night instead... Let's not forget that there are people coming from San Diego too...

An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
djfanboy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 01:35
...and it's MY first non-evening slot as well. Looking forward to layering the noon soil with some psychedelic grooves...

Heh! Saving the best for last! Let's kick it, Gwen!
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 01:53
sooooooo honored to be sandwiched between mubali and bodhi!
and on the chill i get to play 420 on saturday! boo ya
my favorite is when i play 4am and then 4pm on the same day.. totally different sounds.

and the addition of NOD! makes any chill stage that much more dubbed and spliffed i must say.

booooooom

regarding morning timeslots... i for one would consider quadra's music to fit well into the morning... especially after kri! damn our brains better be ready!
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
mubali
Mubali

Posted : Oct 7, 2004 02:07
I think that you will do quite well in that timeslot. You best bring da nasty...           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 7, 2004 05:19
The party is intended to be a morning party. Winter has come early this year and it will be cold at night.
All these artists make music that i consider to be morning music as well, hence why they were booked for this event. Joti included, he plays at a slower bpm than most full on djs, and i consider his lead synths a little floaty.
La parites may be different, but 7am-10am up north tends to be peak hours at most events, especially those in the woods.
Just ask any Goa Gil regular, those that went to Enosa this year, or those that were at Boom. Its called "morning trance" for a reason.
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 7, 2004 05:24
....and for those LA people that must leave in order to get home before Dtek, Joti or Arturo plays. Just wait a week and catch em at home....
spliffnik
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 15:08
the artists slots not bad(esp. Quadra- whose sound I would definitel agree will work great in the morning).....but the DJ slots are toooooooo short! Sorry to sound negative, and I understand the party's intentions are to bring many scenes together (which I really like:)) but honestly it is too many DJs for the time period and I think most likely too many changes in the sound.....
anyway, just sharing my opinion that longer slots (at least two hours) allow each DJ to fully show his/her style and story to the crowd, letting the dancers enter a deeper state of trance. I know I am just getting started after an hour or so!
Nevertheless it looks to be a nice gathering and I wish the best for all involved. Have fun people
Cheers,
Spliffnik
David(KIVA)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 7, 2004 19:46
mubali-goachick,
whats up guys=)
So we agree, a good dj/producer can play good for any timeslot. That we know is true! What Europe likes in the morning is a different discussion altogether and just to complicated to talk about with so many different opinions in the beautiful psytrance world. I too have heard Quadra in the morning and again just another opinion; I like hearing his stuff at night. We can talk about his music all day long, we can think his music is day or night, but that is not up to us! I’ll ask him and get back to you all on that.
Sometimes a producer gets put in a slot that the promoter thinks is best for him or her, which is just another opinion again (gees were littering this post with opinions). A producer who asks for a morning slot will definitely line one up and hit a homerun...(Son Kite for example) a producer that gets placed in a early slot is another story. So in other words... you might be hearing a night sound in the day through no fault of your own then walk around calling it a day sound.. WHOA this is getting complicated anyway..In no way am I accusing c.o.s of doing this(my disclaimer=)_Enjoy the music, call it what you feel like calling it and dance, dance, dance!

paradigm- My friends dont live in LA they live in RenoNV- but since you recomended it I will tell them to come to LA instead.

http://soundcloud.com/djkiva
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 7, 2004 21:59
Hey now i did not recomend that. Just a statement in fact, and since psytribe and i have worked out our little squable, why not help them out right?
COS is quite close to Reno in fact. Probably a shorter drive for them than the SF peeps for that matter.
As for the music, different people feel differently about sounds at different points. This is one that not everyone will agree on.
If you ask me i follow the Israeli model and Western Europe model on festivals.(which seems to be the Norcal norm) Faster beats at night, epic music during daylight hours. (yeah i know Joti isnt epic, but i hear his music more during moring hours than night when played by others)
If you asked a MOE about music times, youd get an answer like Para Halu at night Azax in the morning.
Its all relative to the particular listener/dancer right?
One thing i think that makes events interesting, is that different promoters present what they feel is there own ideas for best musical flow. Some work , some do not, but variety is the spice of life
I also dont think a dj/producer should play a slot based on name status. Everyone is booked and is playing in a order that complements who is playing before or after them. I pride myself on creating events where the musical flow is very good. I actaully consider this to be one of my strong points as a promoter in this scene, and have in fact been complemented on it many a time before.
I wish you could make this event so you can see in person the dynamics that i am talking about and intend on creating
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 8, 2004 07:14
damn right lawrence! azax in da mornin, dance all nite and dance all day!! if anyone put quadra at nite i'd choke...
really looking forward to mubali's live act, speaking of nite music! props for giving him the time slot he deserves! oh shit, can't wait to hear new music from you mubali!! mwah ha ha ha ha           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
mubali
Mubali

Posted : Oct 11, 2004 22:08
I am really looking forward to playing my newest material. It's getting difficult to decide what songs I am gonna play. But I can tell you that over half of the set I will play, will be new stuff written within the past 3 months. I just finished a new one over this weekend on a houseboat, and I am collaborating with another dark artist who just moved to the bay area. She has expressed an interest in hooking up with the MoEs, so I hope to make an introduction between you ladies. This party is going to rock some serious ass, and I am really excited about the timeslot I have been given.           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - CIRCLES OF SOUND FESTIVAL -- Oct 22-24, 2004-- Northern California
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance