First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2006

uvego
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 14:33
It was the BEST BOOM till now and the BEST festival ever organized on this planet!
All others can only learn how the perfect psy-festival should look like!

From the music point: AMD !!! Fungus Funk, Freakulizer, Liquid Soul, Dj Mapusa Mapusa (best dj set for me), Marko & Sally Doolally done it for me. Fuck i missed Derango, Penta and Trold.
I mast to sey also Gaudi dj set and Waterjouice&Irina show on the Best Chill Out stage ever made.
Well disapointments for me: Pena, Cosmosis and Tsuyoshi Suzuky

TRISTAN on Utopia make this psy-adventure to be complito!!!

Congrats to Diogo and Quest4Goa for the great job you done. big hello to P_Mac and the all paramedic team & one big OBRIGADO to all of you who made this dream festival to be reality.

see you all in 2008
we are one

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 15:10
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 03:19, DETOX wrote:
What XP is mainly trying to say (and i am 100% with him) is that although Boom was a huge success organisational wise it tottally failed in one of its main aspects which is ofcourse music,and that didnt happen because the organisers didnt know who to book,it just happened because they know for some years now that no matter who they book the event will be a financial success for them so there is no point to invite artists who are famous and more expensive and better producers most of the time when they can do their job by inviting for free or for a very very small fee average (to say the least) artists who see Boom more as an opportunity to promote themselves rather as an opportunity to offer something to the people.

Out of the 20.000 people that came to Boom this year i doubt that more than 1000 came for the line up that Boom presented,everybody came for the experience and to attend a legendary event as Boom is (or at least was) and not to enjoy any particular artists.

The organisers know that and are taking advantage of it for their own profit.Making money is not bad at all,i wish there were even more people at Boom this year and even more next year and so on.What is bad is taking 100% advantage of this situation and jeopardizing the music of this event just to make more money,the word that nobody mentioned yet here is GREED i think and it applies absolutely perfect to the Boom situation.

People might not understand it (even though XP mentioned some numbers) but we are dealing with HUGE ammounts of money here.We are dealing with 20.000 people who paid 100 euros for this event and who also spend at least another 100 euros in the area for food and drinks,not to mention any sponsors that Boom might had plus some other incomes i dont need to mention in public.

Do you guys understand that the total income in the worst case scenario is around 1.500.000 euros JUST FROM THE TICKETS OF THIS EVENT?Do you have an idea of how much money 1.5 million euros is?

With 100.000 euros you can build the greatest and biggest line up the psychedelic trance world has ever seen including every great producer out there from every corner of the world.Unfortunately the organisers decided to spend NOT EVEN HALF of this ammount and invite to Boom unknown artists and djs who are willing to play even for free in order to satisfy their vanity.You see Juno Reactor and Shpongle are asking you cash to play for and not just a three stop economy class ticket plus some food and drink coupons and thats not good for the organisers in the end of the day because it costs too much and it doesnt bring much more people in the festival anyway.YES its true that Juno Reactor cost more and might not attract more people to Boom Festrival BUT THEY WILL GIVE YOU A HELL OF A PERFOMANCE THAT WILL REMAIN FOREVER IN THE HEART AND MIND OF WHOEVER ATTENDS THAT EVENT.

So to sum it up for me the Boom organisers this year just like they did in their last edition they decided to make more money than giving something special to the people musicwise (because the organisation was great from what i am reading).Well although i am preety sure that in 2008 the same thing like this and last year will happen (why change a winning formula anyway?) i hope that someone will read my and some others people posts and think things all over again concerning the music of the event,it will help the festival itself in the end trust me

1st. Taste. Just because you and lots of people would prefer a fullon lineup, that doesn't mean there aren't just as much or more people wanting dark and no-superstar acts... and looking this way, these bunch of people seem more close to the true psychedelic spirit the fullon crowd (my opinion of course).

2nd. Money. They make huge amounts of money. Huge! So they could "waste" 100.000 euros if they wanted to bring the superstars of pop-trance. They didn't because they changed a very important key factor: music. IMO for the best

3rd. Variety. With 3-4 more good fullon acts in the festival and 3-4 real progressive acts it would be perfect IMO.

boom! amazing amazing event.
Xamanist
Xamanist

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 16:26
just to add my tent was 20 meters away from the Sacred Fire. Amazing sounds and bands there. Wonderful true-psy ambient, people filling the place and dancing to the drums around the fire for hours with smiles and free dancing movements, so beautiful
some acts in the sacred fire made me miss some acts at the dancefloor though but it was worth it!
seriped

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 17:44
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 13:54, zen mechanics wrote:
(...) From what I heard there were over 30.000 ppl, and sure itīs impossible to satisfie them all, but cīmon...Give the amazing Boom crew some credit and respect and acknowledge the amount of love and work effort they put into creating this ecological, psychedelic, mind/life altering paradise experience for us freaks, artists, travellers, kids, musiclovers, philosophers and groovy ppl from every corner of this planet in general to enjoy...I see it as an exemple for the world and human race. The organization was top notch, everyhting was decorated with care for the smallest details, art installations kept shifting and being replaced even within the 7 days, there was a newspaper every single day, wonderfull foodstands and market, amazing huge bamboo structures...damn the thought of seeing that beautiful bamboo tower rising out above the trees on the liminal village still gives me the chills....and then the lake! I could spend a whole day just in the water and have the best time anyway. Sure I didnīt like some of the music, but i have this at every fest I attend...and I for one salute the Boom crew for NOT putting all the big names we heard over and over on the mainfloor, but instead giving new upcoming artists a place, me included. No offense Detox, saying that the line-up was formed by greed, that Boom rather books īsmallerī acts to save money is an insult to both artists that played and the Boom crew. So letīs just drop the nagging and negativity and remember how good it felt just to walk there under the sun surrounded by the most beautiful colorfull psychedelic tribe and surroundings.

Exactly!!
I defende the same opinion.
What the boom crew create in this edition was unique.
They create a positive and wonderfull psychadelic city, and this thread only proves that, Boom crew doesn't control sociaty problems, lot of things to see and learn.
In my opinion we have to respect their work.

In the music we have to respect their options, I love night music( for me big thanks to DERANGO the best act i saw at boom, both remember me logic bomb and hux flux, a litle bit more intense and dark, love your work) and i hate progy style, and when the night was over, with respect i just abandoned the DAnce floor, because their existes others persons that love other kinds of styles, for me itīs like this we have to give a place to the others, it's their hour.

and boom festival is not only made by music!
REMEMBER RESPECT
sam_anjuna

Posted : Aug 23, 2006 18:05
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 12:07, KINO OKO wrote:
hallo to everybody,

what i see now is a riot against some changes that apears. i see lot of bad comments about night time music, how greed boom organisers are etc...

in fact lineup is a small part of budget of event like this, doenst matter if its superstars or noname's one. we are talking about midget trance scene and it is not comparable to big pop festivals when you have to deal with 250ooo USD fees...

boom decided to take less known and younger artists, not cheaper ones. in fact at very begining everybody which start to create trance music are delighted with simplest form of it. that is the main reason why night music was so destructive for some of you. i also prefer to listen to more advanced music. this dark or night fast trance music is kind of trend now, it will pass by. it is a matter of time.

everyone of us have his own taste about music and judge what is ok and what is not but i dont try to persuade, it is sensless. changes come slowly thogheter with experience.

thnx god and linup author i've played at 16:00 saturday. i gathered older people, this is a big compliment for me. some of young people were certianly dissapointed, mainly aobut tempo of my music because for them tempo it is more important sepecially when on speeding drugs. i see nothing wrong in it, im looking on myself years ago and i find it normal. because i dont understand anymore this kind of music which was played during the night i was spending my night time in many different places with my friends.

im not hungry for playing everywhere in the world so i didnt negotiate my fee with boom. i was paid as i wanted to be. i was treated as everybody which played at the boom, all was clear, all was fine, no problems. simply good.

having such a good memories im obliged to say that i wish to see more parties like that one, such a level of profesional atitiude, such a good sound, fast and responsible stage crew.

thnx for everybody involved!

i just saw 3 artists in the dancefloor...
you were one of them
kino oko = true psycadelic trance

TANKS...
iezuss

Posted : Aug 23, 2006 19:21
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 18:05, sam_anjuna wrote:
kino oko = true psycadelic trance

TANKS...

I wouldn't put the "equal" sign, but it was for sure one the highlights of the daytime (well it was already afternoon). Some quality and interesting fresh production.

And BTW, Boom isn't a MUNDIAL, but a BIENAL OVERVIEW of the production. So the lineup was just the right one, despite personal dislikes (mine also:) ). But I still hope such subgenres timetable won't become a standard for the next 2 years, I need to be able to dance without substances for some more than 3hours continously...

And thumbs up for the sacred fire. Most of the band I heard were really good.
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 22:25
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 09:25, DETOX wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 03:19, DETOX wrote:
Making money is not bad at all,i wish there were even more people at Boom this year and even more next year and so on.What is bad is taking 100% advantage of this situation and jeopardizing the music of this event just to make more money...

Dear KHOPAT if you had read my post carefuly (it was big though so i understand you) you would notice that my problem is not about making money but about being greedy while making them and jeopardizing a main aspect of the festival which is ofcourse is the music itself in order to make a bigger profit.The Boom organisers made a 10 euros profit by providing a very well organised and decorated festival BUT with below the average music,wouldnt it be great for everyone if they made a 9 euros profit providing to the people not only a solid organisation but also a unique music experience?

I really cant understand how the biggest summer festival can ignore people like Tristan,Son Kite,Hallucinogen,Prometheus,Ticon,Shane Gobi,Atmos,Dino Psaras,Element,Allaby,Etnica,Eat Static,Xerox And Illumination,Jaia,Logic Bomb,Juno Reactor,Shpongle,GMS,S Range,Orion,Man With No Name,Vibrasphere,Wizzy Noise and a bunch of other names who are some of the hottest acts around for years now and for sure some of the best producers our scene has to offer.

I hope you understand my point

I, for one understand your point very well Detox. Your point is that there is only place for the super well known superstar DJ's and acts in your book. There is totally no place for innovation and for trying to make something different. For havens sake, you mentioned some 20 names out of which 18 are constantly on tour in every corner of the globe... Not that this is a bad thing.. but they all are humans u know,.. their sound in many ways is predicted as hell ( not because they are boring, but because they have played that same routine 10's of times before on 10's of other festivals.. )

Detox in my opinion to innovate u need to give new blood some place and Boom did well.

I wish more productions will do the same          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Aug 24, 2006 03:48
the boom concept is original and diferent of any other festival arround is a festival that the music is only a part of it. and not like most of the festivals that the music is the festival himself. i dont know why people that are arround for a long time dont understand this. or just try to make a useless point or childish comments. boom is unique dont try to make a empty idea of it. this comments about the music are just boring.           dont worry be hippie
Raoul V
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 24, 2006 11:12
Hi,

Been watching this thread for a while and reading the reviews...
It was my first boom, (not my last ) and i have to say, as far as trance parties/festivals go... i think its very hard for ANYBODY ANYWHERE to top the boom crew...

Yes, the music was not to a lot of peoples taste at times, but to keep everyone pleased over 6 days is hard... I didnt go near the dancefloor at night, intentionally, because thats just not my taste in music... and i did find some mornings/afternoons a tad.. say housey.. but honestly... fudge it...The diversity of music played here, is what made it so special...

The problem with trance today is that with subgenres popping up more and more, its very hard to keep the growing trance crowd happy!! As we have seen on this thread certain people loved a certain artist/dj, and others thought he was rubbish so it just goes to show that tastes do differ.... and with more sub sub sub genres poppping up, this is only going to get worse!!

Special memories for me --- the line getting in (damn that was long), the chillout area (WOW), the crazy crazy people who made such a big fuss of me for coming all the way from India - thank you for your hospitality - i doubt in my country we would be so outward towards tourists!! The amaazing behind the scenes people... almost 600 i do believe (stewareds, bar staff)... who made sure we had a great great time. And of course the dancefloor..... so many good vibes from this place, the energy will stay with me for a life time....

i miss idanha - nova!!
hope to see ALL you boom freaks again, somewhere sometime!

BOOM
raoul
psyshanti
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Aug 24, 2006 16:16

[/quote]

i hope you have in mind that some of the artists you mentioned that used to play for boom organizers signed exclusivity contracts with cristal matrix (freedom festival organizers) and do not come to portugal to play for any other organization.

is this true?:confused:
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 24, 2006 17:39
i have been going to intl. festivals and gatherings since the year 2000 - and this edition of the boom was just amazing and unforgettable.
there are no words to describe the beauty of such a fantastic gathering of the tribes.
amazing organisation - i never been to such a professional organised psyfestival ever. the boom crew put sooo much effort in making it a save haven for all of us - so we could just let go and have a fantastic time. only that fact made the festival a gem for me/us.
the music as always is very personal - and one will like it and the other one not. so there is no need of long discussions. just close your eyes and remember what this festival had to offer.

amazing people - and the dancefloor, was only about love and caring for eachother

a thousand thanks to all at the boom organisation and to all these helpers which put so much effort to everything

the only thing what we had a bit of trouble with - was the heat - but hey nothing against the sunshine and mother nature

see you all 2008

love in your day, peace on your way
neoxine

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 24, 2006 18:47
It's a week or so that im following this thread after i came back from boom and oooooh my god how boooooring....
We just have to thank "god" that there are parties like this that fulfill everyone tastes...i know no one will care but for example if people like penta,naked tourist, derango, zik, fungus funk, amanda,quasar etc. weren't on the lineup i wouldn't have bothered to come at this festival even though i would have missed out on some amazing communication/cultural event that blew my mind and there i am....in the middle of the dancefloor after midnight.....and for ME...that's when the true psychedelic event started...when the music brings you to millions of other dimensions at the same time...woow what a blaaast...especially g.o.w nand entropy on the last night...that was some true psychedelic stuff going on....i still don't get how people can complain about it...but as said above...everyone has their taste...but you don't see hardly any darkpsy-lovers slagging off the daytime music....which i still love usually but i thought was really crap..(apart from a couple of exceptions which as usual make me jump like a bunny ).

apart from all comments that can be made i have to say a MASSIVE thank you to boom crew to make this dream come true and to ALL the dj's that took part in it which did an amazing job entertaining sooo many people without EVER getting the dancefloor Half full.... THX THX THX

BOOM!!!!
pilzKillz

Posted : Aug 24, 2006 19:57
Quote:

On 2006-08-24 03:48, gandharva wrote:
the boom concept is original and diferent of any other festival arround is a festival that the music is only a part of it. and not like most of the festivals that the music is the festival himself. i dont know why people that are arround for a long time dont understand this. or just try to make a useless point or childish comments. boom is unique dont try to make a empty idea of it. this comments about the music are just boring.

ENTROPY
Entropy

Posted : Aug 25, 2006 18:05
Boom was gr8 as allways !!!!!!!!!
boboboom
10x for all the boom orginizers...was really a pleasure to be there & play on such an amazing event.
c u in 2008
boom
volt100

Posted : Aug 25, 2006 18:44
This festy isnt only about the music but the whole vibe and visual concept. Cosmosis/Amd/Freakulizer and Liquid Soul made my festival pure HEAVEN.
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
88 89 90 91 92 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance