First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2006

goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 09:18
If you guys keep saying that 06 was good and that dark psy will rule next edition...I suppose I am the first in the world to cancel the planning I was doing for 08. Gosh, everybody is telling it was a failure! I have friends who didnīt go to the dancefloor for one single night! I think that dark psy should have its own festivals, it doesnīt mesh well with the rest.
Sorry for my opinion, but itīs true.

Peace and Love.
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 09:25
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 03:19, DETOX wrote:
Making money is not bad at all,i wish there were even more people at Boom this year and even more next year and so on.What is bad is taking 100% advantage of this situation and jeopardizing the music of this event just to make more money...

Dear KHOPAT if you had read my post carefuly (it was big though so i understand you) you would notice that my problem is not about making money but about being greedy while making them and jeopardizing a main aspect of the festival which is ofcourse is the music itself in order to make a bigger profit.The Boom organisers made a 10 euros profit by providing a very well organised and decorated festival BUT with below the average music,wouldnt it be great for everyone if they made a 9 euros profit providing to the people not only a solid organisation but also a unique music experience?

I really cant understand how the biggest summer festival can ignore people like Tristan,Son Kite,Hallucinogen,Prometheus,Ticon,Shane Gobi,Atmos,Dino Psaras,Element,Allaby,Etnica,Eat Static,Xerox And Illumination,Jaia,Logic Bomb,Juno Reactor,Shpongle,GMS,S Range,Orion,Man With No Name,Vibrasphere,Wizzy Noise and a bunch of other names who are some of the hottest acts around for years now and for sure some of the best producers our scene has to offer.

You wanna give new names to the world?Thats absolutely fine about me but try to keep a balance between everything because having 5-6 good live acts and the same ammount of good djs and then total chaos doesnt sound like a balanced situation to me and when people like Cosmosis (who was a guest at this festival by the way) say that the music was not good then it REALLY means that the music overall was not good at all.

And by the way dear COSM,although greed might be a heavy word i can assure you that its one of the most common passions and sins of human nature so its not so easy to notice.And like my friend Loic from Total Eclipse once said to me when speaking about a highly considered spiritual person and artist of this scene "Boom Shiva and 4000 euros for a dj set dont mix well together".

I hope you understand my point           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
cosm
Cosm

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 09:48
I understand your point loud and clear, but I still don't believe it is relevant to Boom. I may be bias because I performed at the festival, but I will say this:

I am no one in the scene, I have no name, and no record label. I sent Boom a demo, and they flew me over to play. My return flight from New Zealand costs more than most artist’s flights AND fees combined, yet the still flew me over... For the same price they could have paid for some psychedelic superstar name, but they took a risk with some random bedroom live act from the other side of the world.

Not only did I get to live a dream of mine, but I got treated like royalty, I made some amazing friends with people actively involved in the scene (including the majority of the Boom Organizers) and made the right contacts I need to get more gigs around the world. Boom gave me, and quite a few other new and upcoming artists with a unique sound, a genuine opportunity to launch themselves into the scene in style.

Look at all the countries they flew people in from! not just the djs and live acts but the performers, vjs, workshops, architects... that’s not cheap at all!

Also think of how incredible it must be for the town of Idanha-a-nova from an economical point of view...

There were just so many things that had gone into the organization which would have clearly cost them a lot of money, just to keep the party wholesome... like their whole bio-policy.. everything was recycled... take 20,000 peoples rubbish for 9 days and recycle it correctly and see how much that costs.

Sorry to rant dude, and I see your point, and I agree with you 100%,but I can say with absolute confidence .... GREED and BOOM do not go together. Ive been fucked over and screwed around by so many people in my musical career and this has given me a very sharp eye for who’s being a dodgy, especially with money. Not Boom bro, leave em alone.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I’m finished.
Sanaton Records
Sanaton Records

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 10:48
word.

S a n a t o n R e c o r d s (c)

http://www.sanatonrecords.com

contact@sanatonrecords.com
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 11:33
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 09:18, goa-ganges wrote:
If you guys keep saying that 06 was good and that dark psy will rule next edition...I suppose I am the first in the world to cancel the planning I was doing for 08. Gosh, everybody is telling it was a failure! I have friends who didnīt go to the dancefloor for one single night! I think that dark psy should have its own festivals, it doesnīt mesh well with the rest.

Peace and Love.

donīt u think u are being just a little, tiny bit, elitist?
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Aug 23, 2006 11:50
Detox, i understand your point of view perfectly, but for me for example, i really couldnīt caress less about the biggest, and best known producers around - i am not full on or progressive expert, but i can assure that from the artists that performed in the night, the quality is very good - quasar (been producing a lot of years, either as quasar alone, or with dylalien=fractal cowboys, and has other projects also), penta (which has also a long musical career, 2 albums and lotīs of released tracks), grapes of wrath (jahbo is in this one also?), kemic-al (which has 2 released alboms), dj iguana (makes part of naked tourist), zik matutero (has many projects> horror place one album, dozens of released tracks), derango (one album also, and also a lot of released tracks), higko (one album and one colaboration albom with cosmo)..so i think, that people donīt know much of these artists, so they consider them new in the scene - the thing is that not so many people is into "darkness", so they are not so popular - but quality is assured.
this is my 3rd boom and for me it had the perfect balanced line up from all 3.
about the day in canīt coment much cause i am really new into a lot of artists that played in there.          ...
Lithium
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 11:51
Quote:

Out of the 20.000 people that came to Boom this year i doubt that more than 1000 came for the line up that Boom presented,everybody came for the experience and to attend a legendary event as Boom is (or at least was) and not to enjoy any particular artists.

.. jeopardizing the music of this event just to make more money,the word that nobody mentioned yet here is GREED i think and it applies absolutely perfect to the Boom situation.

People might not understand it (even though XP mentioned some numbers) but we are dealing with HUGE ammounts of money here.We are dealing with 20.000 people who paid 100 euros for this event and who also spend at least another 100 euros in the area for food and drinks,not to mention any sponsors that Boom might had plus some other incomes i dont need to mention in public.

Do you guys understand that the total income in the worst case scenario is around 1.500.000 euros JUST FROM THE TICKETS OF THIS EVENT?Do you have an idea of how much money 1.5 million euros is?

detox reading your post i can not only understand how can you agree that this festival moves huge amounts of money, and then say the boom organizers didnīt hire bigger bands for financial issues, as that amount of money invested in cashes for artist is just a tiny drop in the ocean of the numbers $$ you are talking above. If they would have brought infected and gms and skazi and juno reactor and simon postford and the rest, the diference of money invested in the end would be insignificant.

besides, it is just as you say, why bother bringing bigger names, and spending more money on that if not even only 1000 people from all the people who went to the festival, went for the music.

http://www.azerothsounds.tk
Lithium
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 12:03
[quote]
On 2006-08-23 09:25, DETOX wrote:
Quote:

I really cant understand how the biggest summer festival can ignore people like Tristan,Son Kite,Hallucinogen,Prometheus,Ticon,Shane Gobi,Atmos,Dino Psaras,Element,Allaby,Etnica,Eat Static,Xerox And Illumination,Jaia,Logic Bomb,Juno Reactor,Shpongle,GMS,S Range,Orion,Man With No Name,Vibrasphere,Wizzy Noise and a bunch of other names who are some of the hottest acts around for years now and for sure some of the best producers our scene has to offer.

I hope you understand my point

i hope you have in mind that some of the artists you mentioned that used to play for boom organizers signed exclusivity contracts with cristal matrix (freedom festival organizers) and do not come to portugal to play for any other organization.           
http://www.azerothsounds.tk
KINO OKO
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 12:07
hallo to everybody,

what i see now is a riot against some changes that apears. i see lot of bad comments about night time music, how greed boom organisers are etc...

in fact lineup is a small part of budget of event like this, doenst matter if its superstars or noname's one. we are talking about midget trance scene and it is not comparable to big pop festivals when you have to deal with 250ooo USD fees...

boom decided to take less known and younger artists, not cheaper ones. in fact at very begining everybody which start to create trance music are delighted with simplest form of it. that is the main reason why night music was so destructive for some of you. i also prefer to listen to more advanced music. this dark or night fast trance music is kind of trend now, it will pass by. it is a matter of time.

everyone of us have his own taste about music and judge what is ok and what is not but i dont try to persuade, it is sensless. changes come slowly thogheter with experience.

thnx god and linup author i've played at 16:00 saturday. i gathered older people, this is a big compliment for me. some of young people were certianly dissapointed, mainly aobut tempo of my music because for them tempo it is more important sepecially when on speeding drugs. i see nothing wrong in it, im looking on myself years ago and i find it normal. because i dont understand anymore this kind of music which was played during the night i was spending my night time in many different places with my friends.

im not hungry for playing everywhere in the world so i didnt negotiate my fee with boom. i was paid as i wanted to be. i was treated as everybody which played at the boom, all was clear, all was fine, no problems. simply good.

having such a good memories im obliged to say that i wish to see more parties like that one, such a level of profesional atitiude, such a good sound, fast and responsible stage crew.

thnx for everybody involved!
          www.kinooko.pl
Nomad Moon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  134
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 12:53
Bigwigs wrote:
thnx god and linup author i've played at 16:00 saturday.

[/quote]

So that was u!thank u very much i kinda lost track of the line up that day
goa faerie

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 13:02
booooooooooooooooom....uff what a place... the first night the music started, for me was one of the best (dark/morning/horrormovie/corny/young/old/blah/blah..people talkkkkk toooo muchhhhhh) especially bcoz an indian dj played (dj asad u rocked da house)...the line-up for that night was unbeatable..highko getting to play was a big bonanza bonus and i dont think i saw that many ppl on the dancefloor through the rest of the festival...the next reallly special moment for me was the 3rd(4th?) day when dj matera was playing..wowwwww cant wait to go to brazil if they play music like that...

the organisation was mind-blowing..all around were the most spectacular happy freaks ive seen in my life...only the heat was a bit toooooooo much (and im from india!) to really lose it in the daytime... weather check next time boom organisers?
love & peace(stop bitching) & many thanks
zen mechanics
Zen Mechanics

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 13:54
Itīs a shame to see this thread go down in a spiral of negativity. Bitching and nagging seems to be a part of human nature, but Iīd never expect the most beautiful of all festivals to generate reactions like this. From what I heard there were over 30.000 ppl, and sure itīs impossible to satisfie them all, but cīmon...Give the amazing Boom crew some credit and respect and acknowledge the amount of love and work effort they put into creating this ecological, psychedelic, mind/life altering paradise experience for us freaks, artists, travellers, kids, musiclovers, philosophers and groovy ppl from every corner of this planet in general to enjoy...I see it as an exemple for the world and human race. The organization was top notch, everyhting was decorated with care for the smallest details, art installations kept shifting and being replaced even within the 7 days, there was a newspaper every single day, wonderfull foodstands and market, amazing huge bamboo structures...damn the thought of seeing that beautiful bamboo tower rising out above the trees on the liminal village still gives me the chills....and then the lake! I could spend a whole day just in the water and have the best time anyway. Sure I didnīt like some of the music, but i have this at every fest I attend...and I for one salute the Boom crew for NOT putting all the big names we heard over and over on the mainfloor, but instead giving new upcoming artists a place, me included. No offense Detox, saying that the line-up was formed by greed, that Boom rather books īsmallerī acts to save money is an insult to both artists that played and the Boom crew. So letīs just drop the nagging and negativity and remember how good it felt just to walk there under the sun surrounded by the most beautiful colorfull psychedelic tribe and surroundings.
Trold
Trold
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 14:13
Finaly some words that i could agree about.
Thank u Zen!           Time of illusion.
Http://trold.trance.net
http://www.myspace.com/troldmagic
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 23, 2006 14:20
Quote:

So to sum it up for me the Boom organisers this year just like they did in their last edition they decided to make more money than giving something special to the people musicwise (because the organisation was great from what i am reading).

Last edition Boom had great names like Tristan, Atmos, Rinkadink, Hydrophonic, Space Tribe, Shane Gobi, Emok, James Monro, Peter Didjital, D-Nox. Aren't this names something special musicwise from your point of view? I guess some of them must be judjing from your own words:

Quote:

On 2006-08-23 09:25, DETOX wrote:

Well as you can see some of them performed in Boom 2004, so it would not be wise to bring them again. But don't forget that Tristan played in Utopia, the Boom afterparty.

And to tell you the truth, I would be pretty dissapointed to see in Boom some of the names you wrote there. Instead we had Cosmosis, Kino Oko, Deedrah, Transwave, AMD, Broken Toy, Commercial Hippies, Z-Man, Ace Ventura, Zen Mechanics, Yotopia, Beat Bizarre, Electric Universe, Lish, Sensient, Tsuyoshi, Goblin, Dick Trevor, Christoff, Banel, Mapusa Mapusa, Pena, SBK, Sally Doolaly. I can spot here "some of the hottest acts around for years now and for sure some of the best producers our scene has to offer". Well, maybe not the most commercial ones but for sure some great artists, maybe on the same level music and productionwise as the names you refered. Great thing we did not had GMS, Skazi, I.M., Astrix and all of their clones. Amen to Commercial Hippies and Kino Oko, who managed to give us excellent music, psychedelic and FRESH! Please keep it like this.

Quote:

On 2006-08-23 09:18, goa-ganges wrote:

Here I have to agree with you all. Although I did not set a foot in the dancefloor at night, I could very well hear what was going on there. Scary just to think on the vibes on that dancefloor with such dark music. I agree that everybody and every kind of music must have it's space, but this kind of sounds all night for the entire festival is to much. For me it did not make such a difference, because i much prefer the daytime by far. So I could easily spend the nights sleeping, with no fear of missing something. And of course, there were other things to do, both at night and during the day. The Sacred Fire stage had such good music and positive vibrations, I wonder nobody talks about that. I think we are supposed to be open-minded and ready to embrace other experiences, but I guess the majority only had one concern, the dance-floor, and therefore missed incredile stuff Boom had to offer. I enjoyed very much the dance-floor the time I spent there, as much as that superb chill-out, the organic and reggae sounds on the Sacred Fire, the minimal techno and progressive house on the Orange Lounge, the Artwork in the Innervisions Gallery, The Healing Area were an Italian Girl delighted me with an ayurvedic massage and many other stuff that to some people might seem insignificant.

As for the money and greed issue, I think other replies from people who saw the background better than me are clear enough. I just want to add that I hope they have made a good profit. People with the iniciative and hard work to do a festival like this deserve to be rewarded. Is there any festival who brings an architec and all the material to build the basic infrastructure from Bali, with the main concern of making it environmentally friendly? Or on the same notes, bring a team from Brazil to build water efficient showers and toillets that collect the crap and turn it into biological fertilizer to be used in the farms around the area? If they are so greedy why not to build the place with material you could easily buy in Portugal or Europe, why not to build simple showers that consume so much water, after all it is collected freely from the lake. Detox, please, think twice before making stupid accusations.

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Aug 23, 2006 14:22
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 09:25, Lithium wrote:
Quote:

I hope you understand my point

i hope you have in mind that some of the artists you mentioned that used to play for boom organizers signed exclusivity contracts with cristal matrix (freedom festival organizers) and do not come to portugal to play for any other organization.

not to mention, that some of these artists already played in boom (so room for newcomers), and others already played in parties for omium(whom Diogo is the owner)+quest this year, so i think, not repeating artits that already played in this year in portugal, is good.
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
87 88 89 90 91 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance