83 84 85 86 87 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2006

mandalafreak

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 18:58

it was a wonderful experience. much more than I expected. it would take too much time to tell about every wonderful thing about the festival so i try to make this short:

the boom city/town was just amazing! not just a festival with music but a town with happening. . . oh. . .

I enjoyed very very very much the chillout. . . so wonderful vibes all the time! seeing many with staff and pois and others and music to dance and mmmm <3

about the night music... that kind of music is good when it is for a while. . . but when it is EVERY night and for too long a time, it is not nice anymore. . . did not enjoy dancing at nights. . . it was just too much! every night the same kind of powerful sounds. (ok, I was also very tired at nights so it has an effect. if one is with much of energy the music is better in a way)

well. that didnt matter at all. I could sleep nights and enjoy dancing at daytime. wonderful!

as an artist at the festival everything was taken care very well! good organizing!

Flowers of Life did the deco tree in the main stage, in the tower, greetings from Finland if you want to see more of our work, please visit: www.flowersoflife.net

bamboom!
Trold
Trold
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 19:03
Quote:

On 2006-08-17 12:00, Bandanaman wrote:
Also got a question about the "evil" dark music. Anyone have any idea who played at 7am Sunday morning, that set was savage!

That would have to be us ;-) Realy glad to hear u liked it Bandanaman!! Thanks alot. Im glad u wrote "evil" dark music...he he he. Its funny to see how people like to categorize music as beeing either "dark" or "cheesy", or whatever.....
We like to use both light and dark elements in our music, afterall isn't that's what the world is all about....a little bit of both?

Anyway.....
Transwave was to play the night before but had som problems with the flight, so they got scweesed in at our original time that was 8 sunday morning. So all acts before Transwave started one hour earlier that night/morning.After Transwave it was back to scedule.           Time of illusion.
Http://trold.trance.net
http://www.myspace.com/troldmagic
shivagordo

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 11:33
if some dj now what is to feel the music and dance on a dance floor full of energie they will never had those music at nigth,last boom 2004 the main floor i felt more energy than this year but i wiil never forget when i dance broken toys thank for the good music .only a trancer now the feeling
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 12:50
How about Transwave?
How was the Live P.A.?

I heard nothing about it...any reviews?

cheers
Tms
ScHiZoPhReNiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 13:46
Hello everyone, just got back to Irland and i miss my home country allready, that wheather is just too good

About Boom, this one was my 3rd and it was so different in so many ways, the first 2 the conditions were nothing close to this one, i was amazed with the amount of things they got on this one, things didnt look so far as they looked on the previous ones and the quality was supperb, just the market area was closed most of the time, i think most of them were there just to get free tickets (if that was the case) or they were just lost in the area .

Now the main issue, the sound, great quality, really powerfull, i've never seen nothing like that, even the hairs on my legs were dancing...the dj's? thats a big issue...on the previous festivals, even when they used to be in marateca(south of portugal) everyone knew that usualy would be dark at night and full on in the morning, fair enough 4 everyone i guess, and u could see the difference of people that would come up only in the morning, completely different style, this year i dont know what happend but i have to say that it was way too dark, in my oppinion off course, i didnt wanted a comercial line up, but im pretty shure everyone remembers to see skazi in 02(i think), where everyone were jumping for the all set, im not saying i wanted skazi but it just the type of music that puts a smile to everyone, it was the same in 04 and thers many djs at the moment that could have done the same this year...i completly understand the people that likes dark music they have the same right as the ones that like full on, but we have to be fare that dark was the main style during the festival and that was the only thing that made me sad.
But i wasnt there only for the music so it was still worth it to go and i wanted to thank the organization for the all effort they had to give so many things to look at and i think i've looked at most of them because the music was just not pushing me to the dance floor...dont forget that beside beeing a festival and having so much more than the music, most of people r going to listen what they like and that didnt happen this time, so maybe if freedom festival was in the same year u wouldnt have got so many people i would say...anyway i've tried to enjoy every bit

BoomShankar!
          Don't do drugs, if you do, you can go to prison and drugs are really expensive in prison.
iezuss

Posted : Aug 18, 2006 15:25
Back home at last..
It was only the second Boom for me, so I have only the 2004 edition to do some comparing. This city in year's edition was a bigger and richer version of every other psytrance festival elsewhere, while 2004 had a uniquie graphic design. I know it's difficult to upgrade the genious 2004 style, but it's still a pitty not to keep the gap - there are are other psytrance festival and there is Boom. This time, visualy, Boom was just another psy festival, only better. Also when looking at the scene at night, in 2004 you could see an entity and its flow, while this time it was just a bunch of lights, the city center, a lunapark that wasn't looking alive. Of course it was only the appeareance, by cutting out the camping area with shops and building the bridge to make a circle through the city the place become completed, but it seems that the flow never became comletly alive. A lot of improvements, generaly the details and single pieces were more elaborated and better this year, but they didn't function as a unit. With the addition of a strong security service, the event has lost a lot of the 2004 magic. But I've meet a lot of people that had a strong experience on the festival, expecialy first timers, so the magic is still there, and that's OK.

Everything was said already about the music (Billy made the point). I cannot say that it came as a sursprise, looking at the names of the lineup, but the timetables were still a mistery and I was hoping to hear different sequnces on each day. Unfortunatly, the schedule was the same ever day. Opening acts on low power, just warming up, and then when the action really started, imedialty the slaughterhouse began. I've seen the dancefloor full at night, so I have no reasons to complain. I was listening to heavy metal 20 years ago, troubled childhood long overcomed, so I'll guess I'll have to change the genre I have been dancing to in the last seven years if this is what will become a standard on psytrance events. Ok, so I was thinking, let's sleep at night and wake up before the sunset to join the dancing crowd. But how can you celebrate the sunrise with the desperate sound of slaughtering the chickens. There were some really good acts in the early morning, which were once the standard for the nightime, sometimes the good (just my taste) started only on 9 o'clock. And they you had 2 or 3 hours to do some dancing, before the uniform beat, pop melodies and a lot of power downs (not needed, couse people on the dancefloor already has a good sleep at night) began. Thanks to all the daytime performers that were inserting some psychedelic or interesting (even other genres) moments in their sets.
So what the hell, fortunatly I had enough of MDMA stock not to be bothered by naive and weak music and the whole BOOM for me (and for many my friends) turned into a GIANT FUCKING DISCO. And after all it's not a bad way to spend the vacations. But maybe next time I'll spend them on a specialized house event, to hear more quality music at least.

I know that the last two years there was a crisis in the production and the "apocalyptic trance" had the only massive creative output, but this is IMO not the best way to set up a musical journey, so some other solution will have to be found.
Eiher to put psychedelic music in the daytime with the psycotic music at nights. Or maybe to divide the days by genres and only changing the intesity of the music according to the time of the day, I don't know... you're leaving the core part of the psy population unsatisfied.

Well, still I enjoyed it, a big thank you to organizers, performers, all the staff, and for all the people that sorrounded me, I had a really good time.

Love,
Andrej.
n|k|ta

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 17:00
Just wanted to say that this is the best festival ever
BooM
Kryptum
Kryptum
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 17:17
I really enjoyed boom,had lots of fun and met wonderful people,i'm satisfied with it.
about the night-music criticism:if you don't like it just don't listen to it.I loved to see people just standing in the dancefloor at 4~5 am saying bad things about who was playing at the moment.how useless is that?I find those situations hilarious.the line up was revealed before the festival began,you should go there with an idea of what to expect.don't bother trying to "ban" it,because you can't and it will be worse
ArSoX

Posted : Aug 18, 2006 17:20
Music at night was JUST PERFECT!!! Put me in other dimension!! Thx for boom team for that!
TimBaBwae

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 18:11
[quote]
On 2006-08-07 20:55, it_peiote_killer wrote:
I'm very sry to hear that crappy thing.
Also hope u r ok dude.

I hope all turns out good for you .....

Always remeber only Users Losse Drug!!!!
AN8RWPOS

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 18:48
ok i will try to b short n direct..

there iz a HUGE difference between DARK n EVIL and what waz being played every f*k*n night @ the main.. waz PURE EVIL!!

..thank god for the sunrise !!

05.00-12.00 were my dancing hourz..           -----------------------------------------
it's ON !!
-----------------------------------------
bioteck

Posted : Aug 18, 2006 19:29
tastes are tastes or opinions are opinions. we have to live with them but this talking about the music at night going to end when???? why can we talk about the rest of the things that made the boom festival?
i loved boom night , day , afternoon and in my opinion this was one of the best Boom's that boom team have made.
I didnt like the crapy progressive that passed at boom and i dont came to the forum blame the dj's . Good progress without doubt ace ventura the rest was bla bla bla . one of my friends said:
""in 2008 dj Vibe could play ate Boom ""( lol ). house and electro lots of them trance prog. in my opinion 2 or 3 .
Kryptum
Kryptum
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 18, 2006 22:57
Quote:

On 2006-08-18 19:29, bioteck wrote:
one of my friends said:
""in 2008 dj Vibe could play ate Boom ""( lol )

chong

Posted : Aug 19, 2006 00:25
Quote:

On 2006-08-18 19:29, bioteck wrote:
tastes are tastes or opinions are opinions. we have to live with them but this talking about the music at night going to end when???? why can we talk about the rest of the things that made the boom festival?
i loved boom night , day , afternoon and in my opinion this was one of the best Boom's that boom team have made.
I didnt like the crapy progressive that passed at boom and i dont came to the forum blame the dj's . Good progress without doubt ace ventura the rest was bla bla bla . one of my friends said:
""in 2008 dj Vibe could play ate Boom ""( lol ). house and electro lots of them trance prog. in my opinion 2 or 3 .

bla bla bla ...
Kabul
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 19, 2006 21:44
I ear many complains about Progressive music, bla bla bla..

But, If you look around in the dancefloor at night, you see druggie kids, horrible faces, troublemakers and maniacs!

If you look around during the day, in the same dancefloor, you could think you're in another festival, because the people changed... to MUCH BETTER! (sorry to evaluate people like this, but lets be pragmatic).

I found myself asking in the night: "Where do this people hide during the day??" Sleeping inside the tents???? How is it possible?? lol

Dark music atracts many dark people, needing to spend only drug energy!
Pop kitchen la la la music atracts beautifull people, needing to smile and share a dance moment!

So, i hope they increase lala music a lot! hehehehe
The music hilight in the dancefloor was SBK and the end with TSUYOSHI, but i didn't see most of the acts...

I've been in 98, 2000, 2004 and 2006 editions, and i think 2004 & 2006 are different concepts from the 98 & 2000 (missed the 97).

Boom is not anymore a Trance Festival, but a Global Trance Culture related festival. You can go to Boom and not to put your feet in the dancefloor, and still, have your time full... and in the end realize that you missed lots of things you couldn't miss!

You 'll never be able to find the 90's BOOM spirit, because that doesn't exist anymore. Still, you find something truly regrettable and unique, that make you want to come back!

Being Portuguese, its sad to say, but the most negative aspect of Boom for me is:

- Lisbon Portuguese Trancers, that don't know what Respect and CIVIC ATTITUDE means!
- Many of Caravans people that don't understand that the use of a WC is for ALL the poeple, and not just for "the camping idiots"
- Freak Fashion Passerele... oh, how i miss the reak freak show!!!! lol
- The F******* stupid bastards that try to stuck the entrance, passing all the waiting line in the road,in the first day. Mostly Portuguese people, once again.... Why do they think they are more than the others???? grrr...
- I wasnt much in the dancefloor, but a festival of this magnitude deserves a much better line-up!

Ths Positive aspect is a to much big list!!! lol

6 unforgetable days!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
83 84 85 86 87 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance