First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2006

goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 21:20
@Krod20: it was me who wrote that BEFORE Boom started. I have friends from 5 nationalities who travelled to Europe specially to attend Boom. But, honestly, ALL of them are complaining about the dark psy played there. Itīs strange that a lot of people are saying the same thing: the music was bad. Itīs not personal taste or inflexibility, itīs a consensus. I hope that Boom 08 learn something from this experience. Thatīs it.

Peace and Love.
elesdifrend
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  159
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 23:40
First time booom....and puff what can i say...that lake was the save place to be....for the heat....great live acts....like electric universe in the morning...beat bizarre...and hilight tribe which totally blew off my mind another to mention were the commercial hippies.... i was going quite open minded about this dark music....but which resulted always so boring.this after couple of hours of trying to listen to it and to try to enjoy it..but it sent me straight to bed....the progressive sound in the morning..on the other hand....was very psychedelic and with that heat....the beat was just the right one....and this does not mean that it was not powerfull...it was very powerfull sound....nice basslines...in the morning hours...and during the day...they seemed to come out of the earth...herself....
kino oko!!! you rocked man!!! incredible!!! but all of the artists have to give credit!!! and props....because if ur not playing the adequate music the people will leave the dancefloor...but at the boom....the time did not matter nor the music...the dancfloor was crowded every moment...so i guess even the dark stuff was good for who likes this kind of music...since the dancefloor was never emptied due to an artist skills...jejeje...the deco...wow...what a work they put together....i would like to see if someone can pass me the contact of the finnish deco artist i think petri was his name...i made my way down to boom from Costa Rica...and it was a super experience...its kind of interesting reading that people got jammed by the police...jajajaja because...for example i never got any feeling...about that...i felt like in amsterdam...everybody doing things with such a freedom...it was like a woodstock...i see u there on 2008 this psychedelic experience is good for everyone and very recommended to do...

P.s.: Thanks XP Vodoo!!!
lauren

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 00:55
ive just come back from boom it was my first festival, it was amasing!! Cant wait to go to another, any1 know some other good ones on this year?
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 02:31
Well Lurk....if it wouldn't be a hobby of you as well (just like your fabulous dj-ing)to slag me off in public in such enormous long (& majorly boring) threads...then lemme ask you why you specifically picked me out (again...u just love doing it don't ya ) to kick me up the nuts of all night artists that (according to your musical taste) must have been even 20x worse and also played that night (like Highko, Naked Tourist, Double R.E.L. and Greg on Earth) Did I really break your heart that heavily by not meeting your expectations dude? In that case.....all I can do is to quote Frank Zappa: "Broken hearts are for assholes"

About you not liking my "general attitude towards psytrance"....doh !!!! What is the attitude I should have then mate? And what would the proper attitude according to you and your staff be then I'd like to get enlightened about that if that's an option...and will wait in anticipation for your probably hilarious and thrilling answer !

Get over yourself and your personal preferences in music and if you can't do that then stay away and stop creating so much negativity, you and others that don't like dark trance are all blaming night artists of creating bad vibes and look @ yerselves man...at least I see those guys playing with a smile on their face while u do not much else then creating the same shite you blame others for. The fact that the dark side was represented to strong on this festival is something that has been clear to most people that visited, although personally I feel the same about the major league of crappy, cheesy, poppy, cheap mainstream full on almost every damn party I go. Now you got it the other way for once in your life and all you pussies do all day & night is nag on about that fact. I'm sorry for those who paid lots of money and didn't get what they hoped for, but personally I respect the fact bigtime that Boom Festival is allowing a lot of underground and new artists a chance to show what they got up their sleeves instead of the usual mainstream poptrance/rockshow that we get to see every weekend allover the planet again and again and again and again, which in my opinion is even less psychedelic then most techno or whatever other electronice musicstyle except for house & garage maybe. Many of us are fed up with that mainstream/popmusic kinda shite and were majorly happy about finally hearing something else. Personally I would have picked quite a different line-up with indeed more music/production/mastering quality 'cause some of the acts were indeed horrifying sound quality wise. This indeed always and only goes for the night-acts....maybe it's time for many night artists to indeed realize that their music has 10x more impact and potential when produced/mastered well instead of the crappy quality of many of 'm.....how about you all wake up and add some other priorities to your music then just making it hard and as insane as possible Indeed acts like Scorb/R.A.M./N.R.S/Frozen Ghost/Twisted System/Zion Linguist and other superb UK/South Africa/French or whatever kinda acts should/could have been booked and personally I think also more morning psy/full on like Materia/Pain Killer/Inner Action/Kali and stuff like this should have been represented here instead of the overload of dark and proggy stuff compared to proper psychedelic full on. I'm glad that most of the Israeli egotripping popparade wasn't represented and that some real nice and killer underground and less known artists from Israel were represented like Lish/Yotopia/Ace Ventura for example, who all did a superb job on the spot...hats of to ya guys and nice to finally meet ya all after having been in touch for long time

Right...so much for thoughts from Salzburg/Austria for now...it's time for my goodnight spliff and I wish u all well out there !           Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
Xamanist
Xamanist

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 02:50
99% AMEN to Shawnodese
lurk
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 09:53

gosse, i specifically picked you out, because you were the only person, that i heard, who played night music during the day time; if you had read my review carefully, you would have realised that in the first place.

if someone puts themselves on stage, then they can expect to have criticism, and they should take the bad along with the good imho. sure the bad hurts a bit, but you respect the fact that that person has a right to their opinion and get on with it.

as for your attitude, that isn't for this thread, so please pm me and i can explain myself, or you can go back and re-read your promotional thread from earlier in the summer, where i explained myself fully.

I said no to drugs... but they didn't listen
space loop

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 11:41
Shawnodese u r really a cool dj, and for sure we want to experience your massive sets again, in fullmoon next year ;)
Lithium
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 11:48
Quote:

On 2006-08-16 21:20, goa-ganges wrote:
@Krod20: it was me who .... Itīs not personal taste or inflexibility, itīs a consensus. I hope that Boom 08 learn something from this experience. Thatīs it.

Peace and Love.

i do believe thats just a matter of taste. iīve seen a very equilibrated line up, of course dark at night, full on in the morning before the sun started to burn so much that it would get impossible to jump in the dancefloor and then progressive till the end of the party. i think boom crew managed to build a solid and effecient line up without any of those big comercial bands that some might wanted to see. but as far as i can see, after most of the big bands signed exclusivity contracts with cristal matrix that now only makes freedom festival, i find it even pleasent now not to see those "star bands" in these kinds of events imho, mostly because for what heard at boom i canīt really complaint.

sure i rather this kind of line up to one with raja ram and chicago and gms and skazi and talamasca and infected mushroom and so on and so on and so on...

http://www.azerothsounds.tk
Bandanaman

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 12:00
Quote:
-DES-

Pictures @ http://flickr.com/photos/desliefaith/sets/72157594233325837/

incode Quote End -->

Is that Pinky in your pictures, the Belgian with a diabolo? If so I met him, proper safe bloke who was teaching me some new tricks!

On another note I can't believe the close mindedness of so many people on this site. Ok, so a lot of you didn't like the dark music, but I know for a fact myself and a lot of others really liked it, and to be honest I think the number of people on the dance floor at night confirms this! At any party there will always be aspects of the music played that you don't like, because EVERYBODY'S DIFFERENT!!! I also have to ask, what is this obsession with music having to be well produced? Surely all that matters is the feeling the music gives you and the effect it has on you. In fact some of my favourite dance music is from the mid 90s and so is not well prodcued at all, but the feeling it gives me and the ideas in it are in my opinion, well beyond any of the perfectly produced music around now!

Also got a question about the "evil" dark music. Anyone have any idea who played at 7am Sunday morning, that set was savage!
shivagordo

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 12:17
hello friends just to say that what make the boom especial is not the music not the place
but the pepole keep coming always, we like to have you all lovly pepole in portugal the rest are details.
Bagginz
Cosmosis

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 15:34
Quote:

On 2006-08-16 16:23, a3k wrote:

and the veterans of the scene, or the old trancers, know more than other people?
i am not understanding what u are trying to say Bill..can u enlight me a little bit more, because i donīt want to interpretate, that u are saying that the elders are the ones who know, or have the ultimate knowledge - pretty elitist thought.

Thanks for asking for a clarification.

I actually said "festival veterans" in the sense that the group I was with had been to quite a lot of great international Trance festivals (Australia, Spain, Bali, India, Brazil etc...) and therefore were perhaps were in a better position to make an informed judgement about what worked and what didn't at the festival because they have something excellent to compare it to, as opposed to someone attending their first festival, in which case of course everything would be new and fabulous.

And please bear in mind that I'm not talking about some jaded and grim faced Goa chillum posse hanaging around backstage and doing the bom shiva thing here. These guys like nothing better than to take just a little pinch of what they fancy, pick a good spot on the floor and lose themselves in the music for hours at a time. Most of them know very little about which DJ does this or that and what music style is like this or that etc. They aren't interested, they just love to dance.

It simply was not possible for them. They all detested the music at night and wouldn't go near the main dancefloor. As was the case for almost everybody that I met and spoke to. I have never seen such a strong negative reaction in so many people to the music played at a festival. Ever.

I am simply reporting that fact.

And again, as I said in my previous post, the issue for me is NOT that dark music is bad. (or that it should be banned as someone absurdly suggested)

Darker sounds have always been a part of Psy- Trance and even Goa music. I *often* use dark and twisted sounds IN MY OWN MUSIC.

The issue is simply one of balance and proportion.

Way too much of one thing for hours at a time had the negative effect of alienating large amounts of people at the festival.

And yeah there were plenty of people on the dancefloor at night.

My 16 year old son had no problem with it. He was on the dancefloor night and day. Though I'm pretty sure that him knowing that at night he could be sure that it would be the one place in the festival where his mum would not see him catching a few crafty tokes on a spliff has at least a little something to do with it

Personally I am not a fan of relentlessly dark sounding music. To me (and this is my opinion ) it is like an artist using only one colour to paint a picture or using only one note out of a musical scale. No light, no colour, no shading or nuance, hammering away at the same (negative) emotion over and over.

I simply don't get it.

But just for the record, I didn't hear all of the music at night, but I liked Penta's music as it is clever, articulate and fun albeit in a dark way, also Grapes Of Wrath had a great sound, but I would class their music more as "intensely psychedelic" rather than most of the other er... Apocalyptic Trance.

Cheers,
Bill

www.cosmosis.co.uk

Webshop: http://cosmosis.bandcamp.com
lokus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 15:49
Quote:

On 2006-08-17 15:34, Bagginz wrote:
...And please bear in mind that I'm not talking about some jaded and grim faced Goa chillum posse hanaging around backstage and doing the bom shiva thing here...

hahaha           - last possible solution
- trick music
- ambivalent records
myspace.com/lokuz

ps: y trance?
essbee
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 15:54
Billy!! Best words mate....makes a difference to hear a considered answer rather than just back and forwards bickering...

You don't look old enough to have a 16 year old son! Must be all that time spent at these excellent festivals combined with locking yourself in a dark studio!!

About your setl....I have never seen someone pick out people they know in the crowd....this scene is meant to be all about loss of ego right? Well you epitomised that with your obvious love for what you were doing....I have not experienced energy or heard such a sustained crowd reaction for a very long time as at the end of your set!

Muchos respectos!!

Nomad Moon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  134
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 17:55
Quote:

About your setl....I have never seen someone pick out people they know in the crowd....this scene is meant to be all about loss of ego right? Well you epitomised that with your obvious love for what you were doing....I have not experienced energy or heard such a sustained crowd reaction for a very long time as at the end of your set!

Muchos respectos!!

In total agreement m8 got a bit sad to see him go hehe!
together with Andromeda and Goblin (who i didn't know who he was till i sat down and made a search on the net)made the highest points of this festival , hands in the air from front to back
dymons
Dymons

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 17, 2006 18:28

Hi !

Just wanted to say a Big Thanks to all who put their energy into this festival!

I enjoyed the fact there was many different atmospheres and the whole festival did not just revolve around the dancefloor but integrated other forms of trance (live drums...), shamanism, healing,psychedelic painting & culture...
Although I spent most the time in the chill
I very much enjoyed the few acts I saw on the main floor.
To my taste it would have been nice to have just a few more acts to do the transition between the "dark" night time music and the daytime progressive sound...

I had a blast and a half anyway !

Thanks to you all for the peaceful, respectful and joyful energy that surrounded the festie.
As I was about to start my set I left my camera somewhere around the chill and someone took it to the info desk Big Thanks to you for doing so whoever you are !!!           www.elestialmusic.org
www.myspace.com/danielsymons
www.myspace.com/cosmosophy
www.myspace.com/thelightshifter
www.myspace.com/crystalmonkey
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
82 83 84 85 86 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance