Author

BOOM 2006

Xamanist
Xamanist

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Aug 15, 2006 19:56
very good review, thanks

as for the dark music, i'm a fan of psy dark sound, not so much of terror-dark

i must say the best night acts for me were Highko, Ghreg on Earth and Kemic-al :9 amazing night trip to this sound... listened to some more away from the dancefloor (too tired) Quasar and Thomas sounded very good too!

i agree that the night should start with night-darkish-fullon like the south african sound, and should end at dawn with some psy melodic fullon... i think in the days there was too much housey-electro-progressive, missed the good old deep psy progressive...

boom! amazing festival
werlin

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 15, 2006 21:06
the heat..... many good spots to make a festival and they chose the one that had the larger ozone layer hole.... i could barely get out of the shadow by day... and guys like sbk playing at the sun's peak hour... freakin krazy... i'm not to selective of styles, i have many favourites in all genres... wether psy, dark, prog, hard, trhouse, psycotic, its all good... that's why i was so upset, where is the psychedelia in bringing most of the best trance and some new great stuff and put them to play in a fashionable order?
i say put psy-prog at night and dark-psychotic by day.

and the odisseys made from any point A to point B?
so you have the heat by day that doesn't let you sleep in a place where you start to slide down the mountain, and makes you even more tired, and then at night you have to cruze the himalaias to get anywhere. thank god that the grossery store was in the way from our tents to the trancefloor..

and that's other thing, that has been going on at least since last boom(i had only been there in 2004) why have a grossery store if you dont have a place to cook nothing.... how do they expect, under such heat, that people can have a decent meal with only one or two restaurants serving anything else rather than sandwiches and donners?
if the problem are the fires, they could probably cleaned out that place by the wather, that had an hollywood sign (selling tribalism "we are one"), and could have made a safe place for people to cook.

glad i remembered the hollywood sign, that leads me to another bad point the essential for people's envolvment with the party: THE DECO.
the trancefloor now almost tranformed in a rockstage, i too prefer circles, sadly both boom and FMF decided to go down that road... (let me say i'm not completly against "rockstages", when i was at voov last year it had to stages, but with one diference it had enormous trees behind...)
but at least from the FMF videos they've pumped up the deco. the boom stage this year seemed grounded to the ground, in 2004 we saw a sacred geometry head comming of the ground, and it had lights on the out and projections on the in, and there were extensions the dancefloor was freakin alive back then!! as for the rest of the deco it self... a plant here or there, the dna, and really not much more to see... where were the string structures? where are the fluoro? and then some will say "oh, we seen that every other party" ok so was time to think big and bring some of the best and most complex strings and fluoro's.... or if you wanted to get away from that fine, i look at fotos of indian spirit and they have crafted vines-trees seeming that they're hanged in the air with massive spiderwebs
i have to say every time i made my way to the trancefloor and i saw the liminal vilage and the chill-out with a chain of mountains far away as background, i was completly STUNNED AMAZED every time, thought i was in asia! that is massive planning with the deco, to get that kind of view
but the trancefloor and the area around it was a poor excuse for lack of ideas...

another great thing was the brige that led to the gardens, i was only at sacred fire one night and not for much time (with the heat who wants a fire near?)
so sadly i didn't discovered the gardens but i seen the pics, and looked awesome, so a big thanks on that one!!

the chill was also amazing much more alive than the mainfloor, besides the blinding purple lights. everything else was perfect, lots of shades, calm people...

great ppl great sound great everything! great heat to unfortunally!!

waiting on 2000&wheneveritwillbe
bioteck

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 15, 2006 21:34
Great great festival . the portuguese crew are waiting all of you for next boom and we hope that you have rocked hard and had lots of fun this year in portugal. plur

this is the fotos that i taked , enjoy:

http://bioteck1981.spaces.live.com/
boomer

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 15, 2006 22:01
hehe your camp was about 50 meters from our camp..

The best festival I ever have been at..

Thanks too alle of you, the boom crew. and all other ppl there where at Boom Festival...

You see things; and you say, ´Why?´ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ´Why not?´
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 15, 2006 23:42
Wow, I've just come back home from a great 12 day journey which started on the 5th with Boom Festival. And it couldn't have started better. A fabulous Festival, a true gathering of psychedelic and alternative culture.

Highlights:

1. The bamboo constructions - both the main stage and the chill-out were based on two incredible bamboo structures of 25/30 meters with a huge area of shade.

2. The sound system - after the problems in 2004 Boom crew delighted us with a superb blasting sound sytem.

3. Commercial Hippies, Z-Man, Zen Mechanics, Cosmosis, Kino Oko, Ace Ventura, Yotopia - The best music in the dance floor. I have to say that I was never at the dancefloor at night because I already knew what was expecting me. But no problems, I prefer daytime and also, if I wanted some good music to spend the late hours it was easy, it would just take a walk to the...

4. Sacred Fire - Wonderfull ideia. An alternative floor (more of a stage) where we could dance and groove or just sit and relax to the sound of great and unkown (at least to me) bands. Great reggae concert I watched there saturday to sunday night. if anyone knows the name of the band please post it here. Thanx.

5. Chill-out - The best chill-out I've ever seen. Besides the amazing bamboo structure supporting it, it had everything you could possibly want. Cushion floor, a superb view of the lake and the mountains in the horizon, sprinklers to cool down the folks at the hotest times of the day, and, of course great music. Best for me were Solar Fields, Digital Mistery Tour and Gaudi, who turned the place into a scene of the 1001 nights, with lots of girls around him dancing and shaking to his dubby sounds. Eventually everybody started to get up and dance. I have a really great movie clip of these moments of his performance.

6. Orange Lounge Bar - It was near the entrance, on the left side and by the lake. I spent there one afternoon listening to a great selection of minimal techno and electro sounds, with everybody smilling and dancing under the shades and only two steps from the water.

7. Liminal village - I did not take part in any of the workshops or lectures but enjoyed very much the art gallery with amazing artwork , and a ayurvedic massage done to me by an Italian girl in the healing area.

8. The showers and toiletts - Lots of them and cleaned everyday.

9. Last but not least, the people - Loved meeting wonderfull people from all around the globe. It was a trully global gathering.

Hope to be there in 2008.
Vision
Inner Vision

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 00:42
Amazing time on BooM fest. this year,for me the best festival i have been ...powerfull sound system,crazy organic deco,very good music in the day and expecualy at night-morning hours,a lot of shining faces..and the lake was ufffffff..thanks Diogo and everybody who was in the organization for this special expeirence

Favorit:
Derango,Greg on Earth,Quasar,Penta,Fungus Funk,Trold,Marko,Commercial Hippies,Amd,Hilight Tribe

See you on next BooM 2008 !!!

Chears Boomers
M.o.E.
Amanda
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 00:46
this was quite an amazing experience! totally different from 2004. i think my favorite moments were hanging out, listening to talks in the liminal village....and dancing to penta.

the music at night was really killer. my favorite sets were penta, ghreg on earth, anar, quasar and kemic-al. unfortunately i missed derango and zik....accidently fell asleep)0=

i met some really incredible people and am also grateful to have been able to reconnect with other friends from around the world that i rarely see.

thanks to everyone who contributed their energy to such a powerful gathering!!!

see u all again in 2008!

a.
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 02:00
Quote:

On 2006-08-15 23:42, Jingabé wrote:
... Best for me were Solar Fields, Digital Mistery Tour and Gaudi, who turned the place into a scene of the 1001 nights, with lots of girls around him dancing and shaking to his dubby sounds. Eventually everybody started to get up and dance. I have a really great movie clip of these moments of his performance....

really hope you can upload & share the clip as soon as possible...
pleaaaase!
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 02:41
Lurk, lurk, lurk....we all know you have a personal problem with me for many years allready and that you're to damn chicken to face me with your personal frustrations (maybe things like not getting as many bookings or nice girlfriends like me, 'cause you're stuck with your fat ass on the couch hoping bookings/girlfriends come falling from the sky ) but to slag me off everytime you get the chance in a public forum where you can hide like a half-ass behind your computer is really starting to make you look like an absolute ass.....pathetic is a good word that fits your character here I'd say !

About your criticism on my set:

First of all I didn't play half as hard/dark like Naked Tourist/Highko/Greg on Earth, who were all quite a heavier degree then me I think, 2nd of all I pitched the speed down from 155 BPM to around 147/148 and not any lower 'cause I noticed that most people on the floor enjoyed this speed and that the energy was kinda collapsing when playing slower (I tried, despite that fact that I'm sure you won't believe that) I believe that all dj's/live-acts should make a story together and that's what I did. I simply continued where they left off instead of profiling my ego all around like you said I did, with doing something completely different then as the story was till that moment, like playing mainstream full-on or stuff like that. I'm sorry your weak kneecaps couldn't deal with some proper psytrance mate but from the response on the dancefloor and many many compliments that I got after I'd say that you're kinda stuck in your own personal frustrated movie here....just like you project your sad/depressed or whatever kinda mood on all people dancing @ night (nobody enjoyed the night or music @ night, all were looking agressive and fucked up and other hilarious and rediculous comments like this coming from you.) Sadly enough you still don't seem to be able to get out of that hilarious trip and to be honest I've personally given up all hope and think you never will 'cause you seem to enjoy it way to much to be stuck in that bubble....

Next to that so-called track with the "pure evil" sample.....man...I won't even respond to that but it sure had me and some other friends here laughing allover the floor. I hope your dipers were able to avoid the shit 'cause of being traumatized and scared pooring down your legs though

P.S.: I'm still looking for the track with that sample....don't think I got it but maybe somebody can help a hand with mentioning a/the tune with this sample here

Anyway...thx again for the laugh mate....I hope I'll meet ya sometime 4 real so you can tell me personally what you think of me and my sets.....let's see if you're man enough for that, so far you've always been hiding and "lurking" from dark corners and sticking knifes in my back @ moments I didn't expect it and you never had the balls yet to face me at all in all those years (even though you say you did) ! All I can say is that I'm looking ffwd to the day we'll meet again...'cause I can garantuee you for sure that you'll get my load in your face....that's a promise 'cause I ain't a backstabbin' bitch like u love 2 b !

For the rest....no more comments, said all there is to be said but just had to sort this young man's silly ass and put it straight !

Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 03:26

by the way the track with the "pure evil "sample is by Scorb- resonant evil and released on ambivalentrec ... @ lurk didnt you say you like scorb ??

www.sangomarecords.com
https://www.facebook.com/Djdaksi
tHuJoN
Freakulizer / Khainz

Started Topics :  115
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 04:55
From 40 *c at Boom to 15*c in Swiss....wooow that kicked me into my bed for 2 days ...

I realy enjoyed the festival ...
very well organised .... and a lot of entertaining

i know ... i choosed this tent ...
but the generator was not working when i mooved in ... heheh
aiaiai noizy nights ...

about the music at night i don't give any comment ... hehehe ... i prefered the generator insteed of the dancfloor ...

I heard some pretty good Day Sets from Liquid Soul , Ace Ventura , Pena , Yotopia , Matera , Celli , Commercial Hippies , C.O.S.M. , and others ...

i mostly danced during the day ... and sleept at night ...

was nice to have a bidge over the lake ... because the venue is huuuuuuuugeee ... i don't know when i walked so mutch the last time ...

Also the chillout area was pretty relaxed and comfortable ...

a negativ point were the drink prices ... wather for 1 euro 0.5 l ...it's veery expensiv... peaople ned wather so it's pretty urgend not to put the prices that high ...

and no Whiskey , Whodka , Rum , at the bar ... sometimes i realy missed a cold mixdrink ...

but anyway the festival was fantastic ...

hope to be there in 2008 again ...

thanxx to all the organisation team ... and the goood audience and party crowd ... i had a great time ...

hugs

Simon

tooo bad i lost my Camera on the first day ...
if someone found a Casio Elixim ... pleeeeaase p.m. me ...

www.myspace.com/freakulizer
www.facebook.com/freakulizer
www.myspace.com/khainzmusic
http://www.facebook.com/khainzmusic
Juan_Pedros

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 12:03
Hey,

I was at the Boom fest ,was very good

The whole organisation and the concept of Ecologic was really nice .I enjoy the time there ..really want to go in 2 year but first they have to change the music at night!

The music was SO SO SO bad at night..like horror movie ,even worse ..horror movie every night ..no music just horrible sound that some people make so fast with Dark spirit call music..
Come on guys for the prices we pay to go this festival we could at least have some music at least one night in 8 days .
Everyone EVERY night runed away from the dance floor,everyone complain ,and if some people stay it s because they want to dance during the night and they have to try this horrible experience..NOt even 1 night of normal music..JUST HORROR madness..
Can t belive that for 8 hours strait we all have to hear these horrible stuff...
Only after 8 on the morning and the afternon ..super good vibes and really good music ..
Everyone happy on the afterrnoom.
Everyone i meet was shock about these bad vibes and bad sounds and bad representation at night ..8 hours of unprofessional and beginers people who has no clue what they do ,because to create such a bad vibes everynight and have 20 000 people complain about it for 8 days ,it has to change.
I have to say that because for 110 euros ,i wanted to have a normal night one night in 8 days not NIGHTMARE as everyone describe and it s true.

Maybe in 2 years they should have 2 dance floor at night.One with horror music ,.sorry horror poor sound and one stage with real music..simply music ,just enjoyable that everyone can dance.
And for sure the dancefloor music will be packed of people and the hooror one will have the friend of the dj ,and that s it ...
Some people says that the dance floor was packed during the night ,it s not true..
was during the horror movie maybe 4000 people (on 22 000 peoples) it s very poor,and even these 4000 they were just too drank or anythingh else to go to another dancabable dance floor ,but was not ! Just the mega Chill out that was SO SO SO good but there you chill ,no party like animal!

Well ,was really good experience for me anyway ,the best festival of the year for the people (because we are the one creating energy) ,for the Ecologic -biologic orga!
The best prog music on the afternoon..
Juts the worse music night EVER experimented by me and by my friend and by more than 85% of the festival !

let s hope 2008 will be good for the music,the rest nothing has to change
Juan
lurk
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 12:39
Gosse,

First of all, dj'ing is a hobby for me, not a business, this is the difference between you and me, and it's one that you just don't seem to get. I'm happy getting a few gigs a year, if I played every weekend it wouldn't be so special to me, sure, I''d like to get a few more, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my integrity to get them. Neither is it a means to get laid (which is just more than a little bit shallow, don't you think?). I have a girlfriend who I'm very, very happy with anyway, thank you, and I wouldn't swap her for the world.

Secondly, despite my dislike of your attitude towards the psytrance scene, I used to enjoy your sets in amsterdam, during the ELF days especially, and also the first compilation you released on mind funk, so I went along expecting to enjoy this set. I like Scorb (although not especially that track), but not at 7.30am when the sun is shining and many people were sat around the dancefloor hoping to get some good vibes. I found the music you played way too dark, but not in the least bit scary, and 75% of it plain bad with the rest completely innappropriate to the time of day. There's nothing wrong with starting where the previous act left off, but for the sake of a smooth transition, it would have been the sign of a good dj if you'd finished closer to Electric Universe, rather than at the same point you started.

Finally, I'd love to bump into you one day, I wouldn't be afraid of saying the same thing as I say here, I promise you. I was hoping our paths might cross at Boom, but the only time I ever saw you, you were hanging around the back of dj booths. If you want to continue the discussion, please feel free to PM me, so we don't pollute this thread any more.           I said no to drugs... but they didn't listen
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 13:27
Quote:

On 2006-08-16 12:03, Juan_Pedros wrote:
Hey,

do ,because to create such a bad vibes everynight and have 20 000 people complain about it for 8 days ,it has to change.
I have to say that because for 110 euros ,i wanted to have a normal night one night in 8 days not NIGHTMARE as everyone describe and it s true.

And for sure the dancefloor music will be packed of people and the hooror one will have the friend of the dj ,and that s it ...
Some people says that the dance floor was packed during the night ,it s not true..
was during the horror movie maybe 4000 people (on 22 000 peoples) it s very poor,and even these 4000 they were just too drank or anythingh else

I was not drank and danced so much almoust every night with a group of friends and such a good vibes with people from Russia that I met there. Maybe we were on different festivals.

!

Juan

to use your head you have to go out of your mind
DvP

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 16, 2006 14:40
This was definitly one of the best Boom's i've been to!

I was camped pretty close to the dancefloor and I have to agree with most of you: during most of the night time, the music was... errr... how can I say this in a polite way?!... PURE SHIT!!! With all respect: How can anyone ear, dance and enjoy crap like that for 10 hours? When I read some of you criticising the Prog House/Electro music during day time, i have to ask you: is there any psicadelism in this dark-psy? I'm 29 and I've been connected to the psychedelic culture for the past 10 years, and nowadays I found this "Prog-House/Electro" played by Pena, SBK, etc, much more "psychedelic" and trance inducing than most of the nigh music (I've heard tracks from D. Ramirez, DER DRITTE RAUM, D-Nox & Beckers, Cirez D, C. Micali, Rene Amez, Audiofly etc...). For me, these where the best moments on the dancefloor. You could see thousands of people dancing and smiling to this "House/Electro".

The result: I've been in the dancefloor during night-time no more than 4 hours in 6 days. There I could see the dark-side of boom: gangs of kids jumping and screaming totally loaded on X, very few girls, no smiles...

Afterall this was great for me and my friends. We used the nigh-time for sleep, and ad a blast at the dancefloor from 8 am to 6 pm.

GREAT FEST!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
80 81 82 83 84 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance