First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

bioacoustics

daark
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 11, 2012 13:54
well dolphins are using sonar to communicate and are quite smart they you don't need to blast them with anything but sound. i don't think they have a major issue to communicate with lots of sounds going on. maybe they would just stay away but that is not what is happening in reality they actualy like humans and come near ships with motors and human noises. they are quite cool positive animals they even like skazi music
bioacoustic samples are samples of birds and stuff like that with animals or human speech. it is all over there. Refering to the wiki, noise pollution is not even bioacoustics.
Bioacoustics is about communication. Is about how we speak, hear and understand, and the same thing with animals. I see as everything evolved a transmiter and a reciever to transfer information through energy this information is energy. It is more about which sound dolphin like and which sound dolphin hate or how they communicate and understand each other.How theire brain works and how do their vocal cords work. Maybe sound of the whale that eats them would frighten them or some frequencies that will make them especialy mad and why, but i would leave it for scientific experements.
So about the frequency of the ocean is that we are a part of it as dolphins . We evolved to that level so we now use ships to travel the sea(some are bad some are good). It is as natural as dolphins.
I know we cause colossal damage to nature not only in the sea by our way of life and some fish would run away from the noise which has an impact on the eco system (but some are science reasearch ships exploring the ocean), mainly by scaring those animals away. Still i don't see dolphins having a big trouble swiming with people and music around them and i don't see that bats have a trouble flying in the cities with tons of traffic noise. But i am sure there is some sort of damage to the ecosystem with noise. The psytrance parties is one of them which is really sad but we do scare lots of animals away and disturb them in their home. Animals are affraid of very loud sounds . They react to it and it could have an impact on the natural flow of the eco system.

I did not really understand your last question?
we do connect. I don't think the sollution is around. We have so much bigger problems on our heads then noise pollution.

Just take the toxic waste, radiation and oil spills. Noise pollution is nothing compared to that. BUT IS STILL DAMAGE! ! !
btw it has very small relation to bioacoustics you should leave that term alone because you mix things up that is causing people to misunderstand you.
You have enough information about all this to bring up this subject with digital media even in some small flash movie project.

http://www.google.com/ Write noise pollution effects on animals

Now after more research i became more aware myself.
It disturbs our nature alot.
Show hungry owls and bats and sad whales which depend on sound to communicate and to catch their food because of us humans
You don't need to blast dolphins at all. It is all out there just search it and learn the subject well. Hope i helped.
Maybe we should make a Va promoting quiter parties ! World issues is a big trend to promote psy parties and music these days Turn the gain knob down ! Respect our nature and ourselves! And Enjoy better and kinder quality Stop the mindless selfdistruction
          http://soundcloud.com/magimix-1/chilling-forest-whispers
Wierd shit happens :)
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Oct 11, 2012 17:38
i agree with you: noise pollution is nothing compared to thousands of dead dolphins because of oil pollution. but nevertheless, sometimes it is good to look for infotaining aspects of communication about environmental issues. a combination of entertainment, art and information makes people more aware than repeating the same environmental problems over and over again. it makes people more involved. you can bring awareness to society in many different ways - not only as a moral apostle.

i wont leave it to scientists, because i want to work with science myself. also, i dont belong to the people who are fascinated by the idea to promote trance releases or parties with empty environmental slogans. spending a couple of thousand dollar for the environment or for social issues doesnt make a trance event to an environmental concept itself. it is just a kind of charity and a standard form of marketing. and to be honest, i dont think that promoting trance with empty slogans will help much, not so much because of moral aspects, but simply because the target group is not big , the potential is insignificant. and if i promote empty slogans then i would prefer to do it in the bigger media industry. there the return on effort is guaranteed.

the last question about connecting was probably because i took some free days and dreamed too much . connecting projects throughout the sea regions. but at the end of the day, start locally is a good motiv as well.

daark
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 11, 2012 21:00

http://soundcloud.com/magimix-1/chilling-forest-whispers
Wierd shit happens :)
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 13, 2012 15:49
or http://www.onlinefilm.org/-/film/25830
about the sound of the sees.
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 13, 2012 16:27
ups, sorry, here is the full version

if hundreds of whales die because of noise pollution, then i would suggest that the topic is not fully irrelavant in a trance forum.
but anyway. not sure about that.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - bioacoustics
← Prev Page
17 18 19 20 21
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance