Author

bioacoustics

Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 7, 2012 20:12
Quote:

On 2012-10-07 15:54, chickenshaker wrote:
Wow. One visit to isra and the incessant childishness still hasn't changed. Most of you are still a bunch of cunts. (except you, Moki. You're okay.)

Back in a year. (even though I asked for my profile to be deleted a year ago.)

Hello Steve
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Oct 8, 2012 09:22
I have dozens of horns blaring, cars revving and people shouting on the road 50 metres from my office window.

Not biological. Not even acoustic really. Wonder if there is a word for the study of such cacophony because this is the natural habitat for 10 million people here.
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Oct 8, 2012 13:09
it is called noise pollution and no acoustic responsibility in society.

http://www.quiet.org/faq.htm
http://www.quiet.org/readings/responsible.htm
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 8, 2012 13:40
there is a fine line between artificial noise and natural noise. just as white noise is close to the sound of waves breaking.

referring to noise pollution...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_pollution

defines noise pollution as something that disrupts daily life. out here noise is the sound of 10 million people living. if things suddenly go silent, activity will stop.

as people gather so does noise. noise might not be appealing to an individual but as a society we cannot live without it. not saying that all this noise doesn't get under my skin, just my observation living in one of the most densely populated areas in the world.

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 8, 2012 15:41
so if there are no horns blaring , the car activity or even the human activity on the streets would stop?

are the horns blaring a kind of neurotransmitter for human minds ? so that humans are active if they are on the effects of noise, no matter what noise, and fall asleep or inactive if it is silent?

well anyway, it was my intent not to post wikipedia because there almost nothing is said about the effects of noise pollution on animals, birds and mostly maritime animals like whales and dolphins, which communicate through sound and need natural habitats.
http://www.voanews.com/content/a-13-2008-12-15-voa56/403112.html

btw is there anyone who researched the effects of noise pollution on maritime life in their course of music education?
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 9, 2012 07:03
If there are no horns you'd see a lot more accidents.

This video got 8 million hits, and there is hardly any traffic would under-estimate this to be about 20% of the traffic we have here on a daily basis.

Other than that, if there were no cellphones half the activity would come to a standstill. There are about 1 billion cellphones used here.

Silence means activity has slowed down, and it slows down as the day progresses to night. So the silent time is a trigger that the day is finishing and it's time to goto sleep.

So it's not as robotic as it might sound but still quite systematic. It's the environment we've created for functioning as a city.

Next day up again when the alarm clock goes off

Noise affects all animals. We're the only ones that seem to be dependent on it, enjoy it even.

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 9, 2012 12:08
well this is a good example of how adaptive humans are throughout their evolution and what crucial role sound plays in the course of evolutionary development. in this sense, two human habitats (cities) that are far away from each other, can develop totally different dependence on sound or noise according to their environment. for example, lots of people coming from abroad to india and having a drive on some streets of delhi would actually havea very strong headache aftr that and would be almost dead after the drive in the land of the horns blaring. it is too much for someone who did not need this noise in his own habitat:).

i mean, at the end of the day every human has more or less exactly the same bio computer . why do some of us need horns blaring to be active and others need silent streets and try to avoid stress in the car? it is obviously not the biology, but the communication between us. this is what we probably enjoy - through sound. which is exactly what animals do.

the problem is only that animals are not that egocentric like us humans and do not put their artificial noise throughout the habitats of other species. they communicate only through natural sound of their bio computer. we do it with an artificial computer and do need to realize our responsibility on this planet about how to keep the bioacoustic environment clean. otherwise all animals, birds and fishes might lose the evolutionary battle towards our artificial noise. think about it.

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 9, 2012 15:35
Quote:

On 2012-10-02 19:01, waveshapist wrote:

If we were at a party together, and I was rollin off my ass, would you talk to me about Bioaccoustics?

ahm. no. i won't. you have my word
i actually missed a year in isratrance, is the phenomenon of trance partys still existing out there in the universe?
daark
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 9, 2012 20:50
it is all subjective to the personality and mood.

Sometimes too much bird sounds can be annoying think
if you were living with 20 monkeys and they all would make ooh aah aah all the time it could drive some people crazy some would say its magic and comforting.

samething with traffic noise and horns. if you are on a good "trip" then you dig it if you are on some melancholic state then it could be bad as hell. just a small example

btw i learned nature can be a baddass bitch sometimes and being a hippy with a rabid wolf is a mistake it will only make you realize your ignorance or you can just go ahead and try to negotiate.

ofcourse i don't see fit to bother the fish or birds but if its a warship carrying bombs it sucks but what if its an assistance ship that is going to save lives?
and nature is a badass bitch . a beautiful one but still .

btw how about blasting animals with music outdoors?

i bet an acoustic drum won't help either cause they still will freakin' eat you... atleast the mosquitos cause they don't really give a damn about your opinion.
maybe in the future we will have silent motors but nature will still kick your ass lol and i love her
          http://soundcloud.com/magimix-1/chilling-forest-whispers
Wierd shit happens :)
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 10, 2012 00:05
Quote:

On 2012-10-09 20:50, daark wrote:
btw how about blasting animals with music outdoors?

blasting animals in the zoo is also great fun. havent done it for a long while, may be it is time to repeat...lots of drum and base for the bears and good chains and guitars for the tigers.

we are currently working on a project for bio synchronicity and interspecies communication with dolphins. the idea was to blast dolphins under water.
or actually..we are not "currently" working on it, but did it a few months after my last post in this thread. then real life jobs kind of stole our time and things unfortunately got quiet. it is somehow sad that at the end of the day it is all about money.

actually i am still convinced that it is a good idea and will be great fun to do it, but nothing can be done without financial support from somewhere. have to ask greenpeace and the whole line of environmental institutions about bioacoustics once more. or at least once! may be someone cares about the frequency of the sea as much as i do.

daark
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 10, 2012 21:51
i asure you it is the last thing to worry about in the sea.
there are a far bigger pollution
going on making this sound so tiny
but it is still nice to bring the awarness about this issue aswell believe me we all do care but there are bigger things to let the fish talk peacefully dwarfing the issue.
i just don't know how this got mixed with bio-music and all the rest.

maybe you should search someone who actualy is a bioacoustologist or whatever they called probably some biologist that is working just on that and ask him.

and your questions are quite big. i don't know if someone has the answer. how sound effects life and how sound reception evolves in us during centuries? crazy stuff now i will go and do the research myself lol
daark
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 10, 2012 22:23
http://www.johnholland.ws/home/humanearevolution

ok this is about evolution in humans that is probably the same evolutionary principle that animals have. this is how shit happens.
we just grew ears to fit our needs to survive.
the next step of evolution is unknown. maybe we will adapt a sense that can percieve other things, who knows ?

http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_treasure_the_4_ways_sound_affects_us.html
this is should give an idea of how the ambient noises around us effects us. it just does and differently and i must add we evolved to resist and ignore it aswell.

thats just the tip of the iceberg
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 10, 2012 23:09
Quote:

On 2012-10-10 21:51, daark wrote:

but it is still nice to bring the awarness about this issue aswell

yes, this is what i have in mind. a multimedia project focused on bioacoustics and sound. i moved to live nearer to the sea now and intend to work it out in the next months together with friends of mine who have an art school, so that we can use digital media in the school in bigger groups and make the issue more public. more awarenes of the youth for the eco system and the impact of humans on animals is the core of the project. how we achieve it, is the core asset of what we intend. anyone could try to blast dolphins but the question is how.
and we wont do it without scientists who know biology and geology better than we do.

i just think that things would move so much faster if they wouldnt depend on money...but they do.
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 10, 2012 23:20
but back to forum, may be we can turn the topic into:
"which are the post tracks you ever heard that had bioacoustic samples ".
please post. we love you tube.
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 11, 2012 00:12
and last but not least:
why don't we connect? there are plenty of seas and oceans out there?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - bioacoustics
← Prev Page
17 18 19 20 21 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance