Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Best Of 2005 Results!!!
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Best Of 2005 Results!!!

Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jan 7, 2006 11:02
More categories are needed next year.
Best Progressive
Best Full-on
Best Dark Psy           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Brain_Storm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 7, 2006 13:05
Perhaps the poll should be devided to styles, each style with it's own categories and one poll to vote for the best in all the scene... but then i think that Detox will have to quit his day job to arrange all those votes           'I became tuned in on the network of neurological signals and cellular wisdoms that radiate at hundreds of millions per second.'
ori_k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 7, 2006 14:03
Quote:

On 2006-01-07 11:02, Pavel wrote:
More categories are needed next year.
Best Progressive
Best Full-on
Best Dark Psy

what for? so ppl start arguing about the definition of generes?
"no this is prog-on,dark psy, gothic dark psy, neo fullon"
forget about it! to me it's just electronic music.
sometimes i can even call it trance
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jan 7, 2006 14:13
You have to agree that putting Derrango and Beckers in the same category is a bit far fetched. They are like 180 degrees one from another.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Jan 7, 2006 17:15
yes well i hope if that happens dont forget to put "no genre just the best trax ever" or "suomi" cause i dont like this full on prog dark u think thats it ?? trhere is more to psytrance and poll was great its only the result make u understand whats going on.ansd the world like cheese.. very nice to see derango win?? where exacly.. if that happened and i missed it so may be there is hope for not 100% commercial music (penta make it very happy congrats nikita )          www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 00:31
All suggestions are very welcome and thanks for every feedback.

Just one thing though,trying to divide a small scene like psy trance into many sub divisions can be a great problem indeed.

I can think of so many categories right now including full on trance,psychedelic trance,goa trance,dark trance,progressive trance,tech trance,chill out,ambient,experimental trance and many more.

The problem wouldnt be counting the votes,this can be fixed with the help of others users too,the problem would be arranging the votes.For example lets say we have a dark trance category and someone goes there and posts the new Artifact album.Is the new Artifact album full on (even on its extreme limits) or dark trance?Maybe its both?The same can apply with ambient and chill out,not everyone can distringuish the different you know.Also psychedelic and goa trance.As you see its not wise to divide this kind of music when we actually dont know what and how these divisions should be named and why they are named like that and who represents these divisions.

For me the poll is preety fine as it is now and i trully believe dear Rah that it is a good sample of what the majority of trance people listen around the world and especially the isratrance forum people.The survey was preety valid as much as i am concerned since the questions given were preety straight and the same goes for the answers,also the people asked and answered come from various countries and musical backrounds (within psytrance ofcourse) so the sample is preety good if you ask me.

In any case i am open to any suggestions and help concerning this poll next year,its just a funny thing for me anyway and nothing really serious so if you got more ideas concerning new categories or new methods of doing this poll then just PM me.

P.S Rah i dont like hard and dark music but i also dont like too 'cheesy' music like the winners in many of these categories,my music taste hasnt got nothing to do with the reliability of this poll since i cannot be biased when counting other people votes           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 01:21
i wasn't even hinting reliability issues in the voting, i was just saying in your example of 'all the bases covered' in voting results i did not see that side of psy trance represented. Once again i realize this has nothing to do with you it's the votes

as for the problematic subdivisions... people create them and give them meaning... if let's say... next year people decide to vote artifakt as the best dark album... who are we to tell the majority that is wrong.

Tsabeat was right on the other hand, you can have a representative sample with 5% of the votes that is the magic number here. And looking at the results i think we can agree the albums chosen were the most popular in this case.

anyway, if any of these changes proposed does happen is surely going to be more work, so if you need help and i'm around do no hesitate to shoot me a PM...
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
DETOX

Posted : Jan 8, 2006 01:49
Quote:

On 2006-01-08 01:21, Rah wrote:
i was just saying in your example of 'all the bases covered' in voting results i did not see that side of psy trance represented.

Maybe not many people like this side of trance?

Just think about it           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 03:18
Quote:

On 2006-01-08 01:49, DETOX wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-08 01:21, Rah wrote:
i was just saying in your example of 'all the bases covered' in voting results i did not see that side of psy trance represented.

Maybe not many people like this side of trance?

Just think about it

i've never really been the guy the that listens to the 'popular' side of music, but yes i understand perfectly... guess that's what makes it special to me           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 04:49
yay Penta! represent for all the "little people" out here that track truly deserves to be on the best of list
Penta for president           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
Dushan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 15:48
There is no doubt in one thing, Jaia made the best album in 2005 for sure, also i am glad to see some of my friends on a list, in many categories. So in the end i am also very glad to see that a big number of ppl here voted for something that is not so much into psychedelic scene, like beckers, d nox ( also no doubt that he is the far best dj around and in this scene, killer mixing skils, totaly big collection of diferent styles in his mixes, what dj is all about, u can see and hear in this guy ) So in the end, all this are maybe some point marks for better times in psycheledc music. It is not good to hear only in way, there is a lot of exelent music in meny styles, keep ur mind open, like someone said even for Madonna, maybe we all learn something from all that differences ...
          myspace.com/audionova
PsYcH0naUT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 16:06
i used to love this style of psy but as i grew up and listened more and more i noticed that dark psy is not just overloaded noises, its intelligent music. the "normal" psy with which everyone _begins_ soon sounds cheesy and without depth. at least penta is also listed, beside that the results are a shame and when listened carefully much more the worst 2005 than the best...ok that was personal taste, but please, add more categories or else this poll is useless
DETOX

Posted : Jan 8, 2006 18:11
Its useless why?

Because it doesnt reflect your taste?

Come on man bring me some more serious arguments than that           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
elheffe

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 21:49
think it a shame not to see night shift remix or gms juice live from EBS album, is the nothing left in the world of the growling!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Best Of 2005 Results!!!
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance