Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
77 78 79 80 81 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

v.v2

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 24, 2007 20:12
hello fellas, hope u have atleast tried to close your eyes and observe your natural breath around the area of your nose.

I know you couldn't even keep focus for even a minute.

What a crazy, mindless, mind. And what really hurts is that there is not even a logical connection from one thought to another! They keep jumping randomly, as if it was a monkey hopping from one branch to next. Don't believe me? Do it.

Close your eyes, breathe through your nose; try to be continuously aware of your breath going in, coming out*.

Such a simple sounding thing, but...

How far are you going to get with any technique if you can't even have control of your mind (without chanting and visualisations) for even a minute?

* pls dont count 1-2 for inhale exhale, nor attach any other 'system' to it...the natural breath, and just that
alienatedBuddha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 28, 2007 22:33
Svasa’ means inspiratory breath and ‘Prasvasa’ is expiratory breath.
Breath is external manifestation of Prana, the vital force.
Breath like electricity, is gross Prana. Breath is Sthula, gross.
Prana is Sukshma, subtle.
By exercising control over this breathing you can control the subtle Prana inside. Control of Prana means control of mind.
Mind cannot operate without the help of Prana.

The vibrations of Prana only produce thoughts in the mind.
It is Prana that moves the mind. It is Prana that sets the mind in motion.

It is the Sukshma Prana or Psychic Prana that is intimately connected with the mind.
          These are small paper squares, quarter of an inch from a side, and the've been impregnated with LSD'
'LSD doesn't fry your brain, it expands the mind.
Yidam

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jun 1, 2007 03:34
Quote:

On 2007-05-24 20:12, v.v2 wrote:
I know you couldn't even keep focus for even a minute.

Do you really?

It's the best way to start though. Focus on the rims of your nostrils and the movement of air through them... the smaller the area of focus the more you move into a meditative state.

Good breathing is the key for a lot of activities. I just applied meditative/synchronized breathing while swimming laps in the pool yesterday and it worked like a charm. Energizing!
juice
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 14:26
wel its hard fr me to get morning time fr meditation.....does it make ne sense if i do it at night the time i go my bed
i know sunrise time is the best time fr ne such activity..           Studies indicate that listening to music is good for digestion.
jabba

Posted : Jun 8, 2007 09:00
Oki doki back again ......................

I recommend "AGHORA" tri series by Svoboda

to know what am speaking of heres the appetizer

http://www.brotherhoodoflife.com/Tantra.html

have just finished the first one ....... starting the third "laws of KArma " skipping the second .................................

quiet interesting ....
           To focus sometimes you need to spin hard on your soul's axis..... just don't ask how and what it means ;)
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jun 9, 2007 06:40
Quote:

On 2007-06-08 09:00, jabba wrote:
Oki doki back again ......................

I recommend "AGHORA" tri series by Svoboda

to know what am speaking of heres the appetizer

http://www.brotherhoodoflife.com/Tantra.html

have just finished the first one ....... starting the third "laws of KArma " skipping the second .................................

quiet interesting ....

indeed it's a gr8 read, i have jus read 'Aghora' at the left hand of god           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
jabba

Posted : Jun 12, 2007 09:51
@suresmokealot did you read the spirit part after a smoke ................man whatever truth or other wise but the dearest "shamshan tara" scared the shit out of me , but on the whole if these accounts vimalananda gave are true even 50% then India seems to me more, much more mystical then i have ever learned it to be ............................... It has somehow changed my perception of looking at aghoris in general .

what say ??

peace n light            To focus sometimes you need to spin hard on your soul's axis..... just don't ask how and what it means ;)
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 13, 2007 06:28
Quote:

On 2007-06-12 09:51, jabba wrote:

India seems to me more, much more mystical then i have ever learned it to be ............................... It has somehow changed my perception of looking at aghoris in general .

i have always luved sadhus from my chilhood in genral (i still wonder y so? is it my last birth or sumthing in my childhood)

i always go n talk with em' Nagas, Aghoris, Tantriks, Udasins etc. n every time i talk to em' they jus amaze me even more with sum thruths of life n the way of perceptions they have (ofcourse there are sum whom i wanna get rid of asap)

i had the fortune by luck or woteve to stay with a Naga las year for 5 to 6 dayz n the amount of experince i got from him is jus unexplainable. he also cured me of a very bad cheast infection.

In short India my friend jus amazes u on ur spritual journey every fu*kin day jus shakes u from within, no wonder it's the birthplace to so many 'Enlightend Beings'

@jabba
bro, if u have not visited Varanasi, I recommend u to once go there n jus dissolve in that place. u'll meet many cho*ts there but still as mark tully sayz that place is older then history it's true, I m going there most probably in july end.
promise u guys a photo gallery like no other
          the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
jabba

Posted : Jun 15, 2007 11:35
Yup bro completely agree for VAranasi though not been there and also missed being close to it in my times of study was getting admission in BHU didnt go when was in college but anyways i plan to go there later this year and for a good 15 days .

I have talked to a lot of Nagas never could find the opertunity to stay with any but they are an interesting lot and talking to them i have noticed gives a certain calm which is very much unusual . Infact we have a family Shiva temple at our works area and sadhus keep visiting it and gives a good chance to meet them .

BUt some experiences are too intense , one i recall sitting with a samshan sadhu again a naga but sitting with him in a cremation ground was an amazing experience , smoking and chilling with his stories much alike the accounts given by Vimalananda been seven years to this day but still remember and feel the ambience . Anyways back to the book

the third one is equally interesting " laws of Karma "

peace n light

To focus sometimes you need to spin hard on your soul's axis..... just don't ask how and what it means ;)
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 15, 2007 16:12
@jabba
where is ur shiva temple bro i wud really luv to visit it once

i have 'laws of karma' but have'nt read it
1 recommandation i think i have mentioned it b4 but still 'Life Of Milrepa' tibet's greatest yogi it's really worth a read

p.s.maybe we can do sum NadhBrahma in ur temple           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
jabba

Posted : Jun 22, 2007 14:28
more than welcome bro you may live there for as many days you like for your meditations , let me know when you come to Rajasthan ...........jeypore is the place

will get life of milrepa after i finish "brave new world revisited " havent had time to turn 10pages in a row for last few days

peace n light bro
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jul 14, 2007 20:51
Hey guys... was just wondering if anybody had heard the devotional songs of Krishna Das. Very soothing and suprisingly lovely. Although i used to always cringe at foreigners singing bhajans, this time i realized i quite enjoyed it

check it out..

also, during your meditative practices you could try listening to the followin albums. These have been tremendously helpful..

Robert Rich - Illumination & Music from Atlas Dei

Krishna Das - All One
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 16, 2007 07:57
krishna das is jus blissful music for sure
my fav. is 'Live On Earth'

p.s. @karma
bro jus try 'Tibetan Incantations' while meditating           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jul 17, 2007 18:32
What exactly are the Tibetan Incantations. Any book i could get them from...or a translation?           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 18, 2007 07:59
Quote:

On 2007-07-17 18:32, *Karma Cola* wrote:
What exactly are the Tibetan Incantations. Any book i could get them from...or a translation?

nope it's a cd of 3 tibetian chants

http://www.amazon.com/Tibetan-Incantations-Various-Artists/dp/B000003QGE

p.s. do read all the 23 reviews posted on the same product

the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
77 78 79 80 81 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance