Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Trance - As an artist...
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

As an artist...

Pythagoraz
TimeDrained / Pythagoraz

Started Topics :  8
Posts :  337
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 00:43
Quote:

On 2006-10-03 23:39, Freeflow wrote:
qane - are you kidding?

"if there's an artist out there that doesn't think like me, i don't want to buy their music.. "

haha thats just too insane




I think he meant "If there's and artist out there who isn't interested in people listening to his music" Qane will not buy music from that artist...

kinda weird still -but also makes sense.. lol
          www.iono-music.com
www.myspace.com/timedrained
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posts :  3709
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 13:38
hehe, yeah well makes sense but like you say still kind of wierd... casue how did this artist manage to get his tracks out if he dont care or are interested in people listening to his music...

maybe qane will explain himself

cheers dudes!
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posts :  1772
Posted : Nov 8, 2006 23:02
Quote:

On 2006-10-04 00:43, Pythagoraz Denmark wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-03 23:39, Freeflow wrote:
qane - are you kidding?

"if there's an artist out there that doesn't think like me, i don't want to buy their music.. "

haha thats just too insane




I think he meant "If there's and artist out there who isn't interested in people listening to his music" Qane will not buy music from that artist...

kinda weird still -but also makes sense.. lol




Explained.
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posts :  1772
Posted : Nov 8, 2006 23:04
Yeah I did kinda say that messed up re-reading it..but I'm just saying that if an artist only cares about the money and not what people actually think about the music, I don't want to buy their records..as pythagoraz interpreted..
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posts :  2095
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 00:12
what i want to know.......is...... who became an artist of "psy" trance for the $$.......??


TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posts :  445
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 00:47
An artists should first and foremost be concerned about doing music that comes from the heart instead of worrying about if people like the music or not. When an artist start to think about people's opinion (in the music making process) then the artist has sold out in my opionion (of course).           http://www.peopleagainstpeace.net/
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posts :  3709
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 04:11
i make music that i dont like but others do..




palex
Palex

Started Topics :  21
Posts :  476
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 04:22
Quote:

On 2006-11-09 00:12, Magox wrote:
what i want to know.......is...... who became an artist of "psy" trance for the $$.......??






so true!           

keep music evil!!
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posts :  1772
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 04:23
Quote:

On 2005-02-22 01:15, mubali wrote:
I think that it depends. If I wrote music specifically because it is the way I will pay my rent, damn right people should pay for it. However, if I write music just for fun, and have another job that pays my rent and necessities, I think that people should be allowed to access my music.

But here's where I differ in the general opinion. If you ask me for music directly, I will more often than not send you a cd. But if you don't even bother to ask me for some and just get my stuff from some miscellaneous P2P site, then that's when I have an issue. I can understand if someone hasn't heard any of my stuff before and randomly runs across it, but I would hope that the individual would make an effort to contact me and let me know that they appreciate what I have done. For me the fact that someone has taken the effort to hunt me down and contact me to let me know they like my stuff is better than money.

There are artists that can make their living on gigs and releasing music. I say more power to them, personally that route really isn't what I want. The only reason why I began writing music was to share my personal perspective with others and be able to have my auditory visions connect with people that I have never met and might not ever meet.

Maybe I am just not one of those professionals, but does it make the music I do any less because I am not out there trying to sell it like that? I write music because it is something fun and I got tired of playing video games all the time. It's awesome that other people feel that this music is such that it should be exposed to the general public through compilations, and I applaud the labels that took a financial risk to make the opportunity happen. Due to the risk that these labels have taken, I would hope that people recognize the financial risk that was taken and reward these labels with their support.




I downloaded your album, listened to it once, let you know what I thought via myspace, deleted it from my computer, then bought it..
Soul Kontakt
Soul Kontakt

Started Topics :  40
Posts :  632
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 02:36
We always think of music not money and if the people have good experiences with the sounds we like then it's super. We would love to earn some money but we are also concious that Through out life if you are a good person you will have everything you need at the right time! No need for having more it's a waste...The most important thing is the music it must be heard and enjoyed because the psychedelic music changes peoples lives to a better state of mind and being! That's a fact and really all we think is that if we had money we would buy a new synth or effect box or...etc etc. hehehehe This is how we think money to survive we have i would love to have more as everybody but again the music comes in first!

          Boom :)

SOUL KONTAKT - 12th Planet new track on www.myspace.com/soulkontakt
Soul Kontakt Live for demo or booking email soulkontakt@hotmail.com
www.soulkontakt.com
Med
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posts :  583
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 17:17
Quote:

On 2006-11-09 04:11, Freeflow wrote:
i make music that i dont like but others do..










Thats what they call the EGO power

anywayz dont u pay wen u go to a party ?n lsn to music ? wen u lsn to it on ur pc,dont u pay the elec bill ? its the same wen u buy a cd,,,yea its art but i beleive it shudnt be free !!!

oh yea,,,im just a listener           Its Like a Drop That Falls Into the Ocean,or Perhaps the Ocean is Falling Into a Drop.
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posts :  3709
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 22:08
if the artist wants it to be free than it should be free.
its a choice all humas should be able to have... if a person makes something he is the one to decide if he wants to sell it or give it away....

i was joking when i said "i make music that i dont like but others do" and so i think you know..
though i do believe that there exists alot of artists that make mainstream music just cause its a little bit simpler to sell.... though i dont have anything against mainstream music.. i mean it must be good if so many people like it?

or has the macdonalds mentality taken over our minds?

Soul Kontakt
Soul Kontakt

Started Topics :  40
Posts :  632
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 22:31
You know people cannot like the same music for a long time! One day people who listen to commercial will start realising other things and will start to look for more serious music, music that takes you somewere not just a party but a spiritual party.

          Boom :)

SOUL KONTAKT - 12th Planet new track on www.myspace.com/soulkontakt
Soul Kontakt Live for demo or booking email soulkontakt@hotmail.com
www.soulkontakt.com
Trance Forum  Forum  Trance - As an artist...
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2019 IsraTrance