12 13 14 15 16 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:15
Watter on www.saikosounds.com you can find 4 MINUTES SAMPLES OF TRACKS so you can check out any cd that you want.So please dont mention the samples story again.If you cant judge an 8 minute track from a 4 minutes sample then ok i give up and retire from this scene.

And also when you create your own label try to cut down the 'middle men' and see what responses,reactions and results you will get...           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:17
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 18:59, DETOX wrote:
SPINDRIFT you said 'Open their own online shop and cut away the share for shops and distributors.
I know that it is difficult because many times the deal with your distibutors will not allow you, but unless labels demand to be allowed to do that nothing will change.'

Excuse me but you cannot demand too much from the trance scene,especially when its 4-5 people and shops around the world that make things moving,if 2 out of these 5 people dont work with you because of the demands that you mentioned then you are just out of the whole game.These people know that so nobody is going to cut his share neither give you much room and space to move.We are talking about psy trance music here not rock and roll...

I am aware of the situation, and it's the same for most genres.
And like I said, I don't think it's an easy step to make.

But since labels are so reluctant to even consider that possibility they will probably not fare so well in the process of reorganising the industry.
The shops and distributors is generally more business minded, and they are a bit more aware of the changes it seems.
So I think they will keep control of things quite well and the labels will be made redundant eventually.

Why do you think they would be so reluctant to let you open a shop and sell some directly to the customers?
Because they know that their services is less needed nowadays, and they could easily be cut out is my guess.

Instead the distributors will open more online shops, and the shops will start buying material from the artists directly.
If you don't belive me, lets have this talk again in a couple of years.

So, if the labels don't try to be creative and have some guts we will not see much of them in the future.

Promotion agencies will be a new service that there will be more need for in the future though.
My guess is that very few labels will be able to transform into chargeing for promotion though, since they generally don't have very much expertise in the subject.           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:24
you mixed up something there.. I did not say it is the label or artists fault that there are mp3 downloads... nope.. I say that it is ALSO the labels and artists fault that they are not getting the money they want (this, and the fact that the scene is underground, compared to mainstream scenes where it is more easy to get a living from)... very different, isnt it?

Again I see complaining without action... Did you do all the changes possible in your label? Are you acting very very different than all the labels out there? Or do you think by a wonderful miracle, appart from acting like most out there, you will get chosen and your label will get all the money in the world?

btw, whats up with this ´kid´ personal attack? I thought profane asked for no personal attacks here...
Im not even sure if I should argument on that... I wont, and see if you can realize by yourself how you acted..

try to be a bit more objective about it, instead of being so angry and personally affected.. Im trying to talk on a mental level, not emotional.. You´re a big boy, so can you follow that?
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:27
What was that age again Sherlock?

I mean you said 'since i was a kid'.

So i guess you are now something like 25-26.

I am 23 and i dont consider by self grown up enough,how old are you?          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:29
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 19:27, DETOX wrote:
What was that age again Sherlock?

Detox you're going off-topic, and you are not in the best position to ask such a question... sorry.
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:32
Kakoo i never said things like 'since i was a kid' or pretended to be 60 years old and guru of trance so i guess i can ask him that.

Its a question derived from his words after all.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Watter
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:33
DETOX, Iguess he didn´t mean it as a fisical age but as mental... for you have been too passinate in your responses..... maybe because your business is geting afected and all... but keep in mind that a lot of ppl here are tring to find a solution to the problem and not defending PIRACY... get it?           "open your mind....you might just see that there isn't anything to be seen"
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:34
no no, you have mistaken what I wrote

I was noting about how since I was a kid, I acted like that, going against what people say, being the ´counter´ one

how does that imply that im an old guy?
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:41
When you say 'Since i was a kid' you imply that you were a kid many many years ago and that you still keep that attitude in your most mature years.

Anyway care to share your age with us?           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:45
hahahah man, you are funny...

since I was a kid = since I was 8 year old more or less, which is when I remember having big arguments with my dad That had nothing to do at all with trance, so I dont know how you jumped to that conclusion

im 20 years old now, as if that says anything...

again, another little ´model´ that people are stuck in.. A symbolic number that shows nothing at all, except how many rotations the earth took around the sun since you were born
_Vanessa_

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:51
hey kids, before everythhing ends in Pizza and months later all this prickness again why don't u start making some special researches about this

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/56245/forum/1

if u don't happen to them, they happen to you

Watter
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:55
Vanessa your were just a couple of sec before me on the posting..... If you will let me I´ll make your words mine...           "open your mind....you might just see that there isn't anything to be seen"
Trold
Trold
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:56
C'mon kids, this it starting to get stupid....;-)
Wonder if there is a reserch done on, age linked to downloading of mp3 files......           Time of illusion.
Http://trold.trance.net
http://www.myspace.com/troldmagic
Ott^
OTT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 23:49
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 14:37, KakoOlalaJwal wrote:

Quote:

On 2005-02-17 14:08, EYB wrote:
must be done for love to give love to the people.

Photographers take picture for love to give beautiful pictures to the people, and get paid for it..

Painters handle their brushes for love to give beautiful colours and layouts to the people, and get paid for it..

Designers handle their Pantone for love to give beautiful and useful objects to the people, and get paid for it..

Graphic designers handle their pens and mouse for love to spread the most unique communication to the people, and get paid for it..

Sculptors handle their hammers and etcher's needles for love to get a shape out of their raw material, and get paid for it..

How many other examples.. I just don't see why Psytrance composers should be an exception..

Even the sadhus in India get paid for being sadhus.. maybe not with dollars, but with all they need to live their chosen-existence...

Beautifully put.

EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 23:54
Good art is always made in love to express feelings. If u could download scultures people would do it. Photos, book and graphics are already there, but the same as with mucis if some one love it he/she will go and buy it.

So this statement isn't useful at all.            Signature
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
12 13 14 15 16 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance