11 12 13 14 15 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:28
SHERLOCK you said that an artist gains gigs and money and fame from having his music spreaded around for free by mp3s and illegal cd copying and sharing.

WHAT DO THE LABELS EARN FROM THAT???           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
_Vanessa_

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:32
Quote:

i think we must support our favourite artists, also buying theyr CDs, but we cant buy every music we listen cause if that happened we could only listen what our pockets let us...

my pocket is very bad, does not allow me to listen to any music.

Detox the labels problem is the reason why this thread is gone up to over 12 pages...
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:36
Vanessa i understand that people that dont have money cannot afford to buy cd's and music,i respect and understand these people,what i dont understand is how these people have the nerve and guts to come in public and feel proud for downloading music ILLEGALY.

Just do your thing and shut up your mouth,do you hear any guys that steal cars and houses to come in public and shout about it and feel proud about it?           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:42
oh but Detox those people that come here and say they download all these mp3's dont give a rat's a** what you and I think. They dont think they are doing anything wrong and they believe like the rest of the "gang" that all the artists and labels are to be blamed why they are "forced" to download the music

I have understood now that nothing we do or say whill change a thing so from now on to really change things I will flood the interent with my new tracks infected with a few nice viruses
Watter
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:44
Detox, I haven´t read everything so ber with me.... My thoughts are are that trance isn´t avaible to everyone and its not easy to listen to new stuff if not from mp3s and in parties...... what I meen is that I find it ok to use mp3 to see if you like a track, then if you do just buy the original and suport the maker.... U may think its wrong but as it was saind here before, my pockt isn´t deep enough for me to just go out and buy everything I wan´t to listen and see if its good..... I get it from someone and as I said, if i like it i get the original.           "open your mind....you might just see that there isn't anything to be seen"
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:48
yeah detox, there is a lot of ego competition among robbers too, make no mistake about it.. You probably just didnt ever meet them..

btw, my friend, I do buy all my favourite albums,but I dont stay bragging about it on internet forums (unlike many here, who also make their ´album buying´ a weapon for their inflated egos)

What about labels? Well, I could use the argument that people downloading may get to know the artists that they didnt know before, and a percentage of these people will end up buying, where if they hadnt downloaded, they might not have ever get to know that artist/label at all...

the thing is, I am not here to defend internet downloading, and neither to go against it.. Im just trying to show how biased people are, and how complaining alone does not good... Actually labels are the ones that should change the most, imo, in order to fit the situation.. I already noted many possibilities of change, which I never (or very rarely) saw.. It´s like with the nasrudin´s tale I wrote, nasrudin didnt worry about his lost donkey because people had searched everywhere except for a particular hill.. Why would he worry before that? His donkey might be there, and worrying would be useless... now if AFTER he searched there his donkey was still not found, THEN he might have a reason to worry/complain Just as the solution to labels and artists may just as well be in these changes that could be made, but nobody makes these changes and everybody complains.. So first changes and tries, then complain.. logical, isnt it?

peace my friend, and I wish good luck to you.. and hope that you adapt well to the situation, and also bring good non-formula new music to all in your label
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:49
Quote:

WHAT DO THE LABELS EARN FROM THAT???

Actually, I happened to like a track from your latest compilation.
I'll be happy to buy that in at least 320k or preferably lossess.
Whenever I buy CD's I grab them striaght away and play the from the computer, so I'm not interested in paying some $15 + pp to get one track I like on the CD.

Where can I pay to get that track?

Before you can ask what you should earn you have to say what you will do for it.
If you just upload the track to a site like audiojelly you have of course done a lot less than when releasing a CD, so you have to earn less.
So, you have to have a proper think about what you will do for the artist, then you can think about what you can earn from doing that.

I have made a few suggestions about what labels could be looking into to find things they can do.

Promoting the artist and taking a managers fee for every gig they booked.

Open their own online shop and cut away the share for shops and distributors.
I know that it is difficult because many times the deal with your distibutors will not allow you, but unless labels demand to be allowed to do that nothing will change.

If they want to be sucessful in making money, operate as a serious business and employ some people with the necessary promotion and management skills to lift you above other labels.

I'm sure you have thought about some more solutions, since you are the one actually trying to run a commercial business and probably is concerned about trying to do well in the future. But those are the most obvious soloutions for a label to look into IMO.           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:50
Watter i dont know how to say it to you but my pocket isnt also big enough for me to buy everything i want so i JUST DONT BUY IT.Dont being able to buy something doesnt mean you can steal it.Cause downloading mp3's on the internet is ILLEGAL.

And please guys that thing 'First i download and then i buy if i like it' its something that applies in very very few people around the world.

I mean if everyone that said that phrase was buying one cd a month then each label of the trance scene would sell 3000 copies minimum....           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
_Vanessa_

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:52
guys, I don't even know what I am doing here

this is a serious issue, but it is not putting your moral pressure that money will get back to the old sistem, when people don't get angry they can think more clear, if u just rip people off your way, they will just desappear, and this is one thing that no-one wants it to happen.

Today we dealing with this, tomorrow it may be another serious issue to talk about, and these people that may be 'your enemy' for listen to your tracks without paying it, may be the person who will be up to help you out tomorrow in different tasks. Think how things have moved on in life since your grandfather...

is it worth to fall all over the places because of something that the solution may just come out if everyone cool down and have a serious listen to each other, and try to use the soucers of the industry to improve both parts.

When people download, as I did in the past, it doesn't feel as bad as stealing, not even as taking drugs. So, trying to point a finger at someone and accusing them for liking your music is as I said: quiet mad, and it will take u nowhere.

maybe u should start discussing the solution yeah?

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/56245/forum/1
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:59
SHERLOCK who are you trying to convince here that you are not in favour of internet downloading?Just read all of your posts in this thread and try to convince me that i am wrong,i very much doubt that you will manage that,not only convincing me but anyone else in this place.Please mate give us a break here...

SPINDRIFT you said 'Open their own online shop and cut away the share for shops and distributors.
I know that it is difficult because many times the deal with your distibutors will not allow you, but unless labels demand to be allowed to do that nothing will change.'

Excuse me but you cannot demand too much from the trance scene,especially when its 4-5 people and shops around the world that make things moving,if 2 out of these 5 people dont work with you because of the demands that you mentioned then you are just out of the whole game.These people know that so nobody is going to cut his share neither give you much room and space to move.We are talking about psy trance music here not rock and roll...

Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:02
VANESSA downloading music doesnt feel exactly like stealing BUT IT IS A THIEF INDEED.

Its just that people do it so often,almost everyday,that they even got used to it and they consider it a daily routine like going to the toilet or having lunch...           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:04
hey detox... you dont know me, so thats why you make haste judgment.. if you had met me, you would know that Im always the ´counter´ one... Since I was a kid.. I try to show people how the other side of what they think is just as true.. I was indeed defending SOME sides of downloading.. but hear me talk to a person who only downloads, and you will see me talking about how downloading can be bad...
I just dont like people being so fixed in their opinions, as you seem to be, unfortunately.. but I hope I am thinking wrong of you

and why would I convince you of anything? Im not here to do that.. I dont need to prove or convince, Im not in a battle, trying to win.. Im just hoping to be the exterior influence that might break a bit of people´s models, and maybe (yes, call me utopic) create a bit more of understanding, instead of judging and complaining, whining and escape-goat-finding
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:06
btw, detox... opening an online downloading shop is not the only suggestion for a label change out there... did you read this thread? I saw many suggestions, from me and others
Watter
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:07
Detox, if i may, way don´t the labels instead of giving a 1 minute sample in orhter for one to know the song, they could put the hole song online for you to listen.. if you like it u buy it.... good ideia huh, like a test drive of a car.... and yes in a test drive of a car you can verymuch see althe features that it has.... so there are solutions but I am not quite sure as if the labels what to be as flexible as the future markets will demand of them..... and please this is not personal just tring to make you see that there are options and mesures that could be taken..... as for what Spindrift said, i belive that he is corect and if you do cut the "midle man" and sell your stuff yourself the pricess would drop and thus more ppl would buy.... IMHO           "open your mind....you might just see that there isn't anything to be seen"
DETOX

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:12
I judge from what i read here,and you are (though not so directly) supporting downloading mp3's in public even by throwing the fault and blame to labels and artists which is INSULTING to say the least.When people dont like something they just dont buy it.If i want to release a bad cd then thats my right to do so,no matter how bad it is you dont have any right at all to STEAL IT so please stop playing with words here.If you buy it and you dont like it then just come in public and say 'Hey this cd is shit because of this and this and i will never buy a cd from this label again',this is the proper way to do it.

P.S And how old did you say you are Sherlock?From a photo that i saw recently i dont think that you are so old in order to say things like 'since i was a kid'.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
11 12 13 14 15 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance