10 11 12 13 14 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

mafkaroo

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 15:36
I don't think P2P can be stopped, it now accounts for a third of all internet traffic. For the same reason, I don't think downloads are going to stop anytime soon.
However I think there is a disrespect going on against the artists. The initial argument was that mp3s are a marketing form for an artists music, and if the consumer likes the mp3s then he'll go buy the music. But OTT said himself, he's tired of the number of times people said they like his tunes so much, they had to download it at a higher bit rate, rather than buy the CD. Whats going on there?!
People say the artists should 'give to the scene', but thats all they've ever done since day one!! They are giving, and they're not doing it for the money, otherwise they'de do something different.

The fans should give something to the scene too. If they like the music (and they've downloaded it) then go buy it! If they don't want to buy it (because its too expensive or they are worried that they're money is falling into the wrong hands), then buy them a drink or something when you see them, or at least give them something in some way. I don't see the fans (including me) giving anything on this thread.
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 15:42
well, I consider myself to do quite a lot for the ´scene´ (whatever the fuck that is).. even if I didnt buy the records I do, I still go to a lot of parties (an artist gets much more money on gigs than on cd rights, no?) and give good reviews on the cds I like.. Not to mention bringing a lot of friends into the scene.. and I know there are a lot of people like me.. buying is not the only way of supporting the scene..

yes, I dont deny there is disrespect from some people, but I dont think its exclusive from the listener part, but also from the party organizers side, AND from the artist´s side too.. It´s all up to the person..

again I say, not all has been done by labels, and labels are very important (in the current model) so that artists get money, so until that happens, I think people are complaining in a pointless way
Kelmi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 15:48
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 14:02, HandA wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 13:31, technetium wrote:
One good thing with it beeing hard/allmost imposible to get payed decently in this scene is that artists have to do this only for the love of it!!
Keeps the quality batter imo!!

Ok smoke another bong and do your Yoga dude Let's all share the eternal love LMAO

Do you really think the quality of music have increased over the years? I don't. There's so much crap released these days that it should be a crime to open up yet another bedroom label releasing your friends tracker "music".

But of course it's an easy way to get free into the parties, be a cool dude, get a little pocket money for your stash and harder chemicals and to get a few groupie b*** jobs !!!

EYB you seem more and more deluted. Enjouy your massive mp3 collection dude.

Why the hell did you have flame me with that lame sarcasm of yours? What have i done to you?
And for your info I have never touched a bong and will never do either...not to mention other drugs!!
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 15:53
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 15:36, mafkaroo wrote:
But OTT said himself, he's tired of the number of times people said they like his tunes so much, they had to download it at a higher bit rate, rather than buy the CD. Whats going on there?!

and then he does even ask him a cigarette !

(sorry )           .
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
mafkaroo

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:01
Quote:
and then he does even ask him a cigarette !

LOL, lights cigarette, and shouts 'I used to be somebody you know!'
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:18
I see a lot of talk about sharing..

Ott put it very well: there's a lot of take, but no giving..

"The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:21
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 16:18, traveller wrote:

there's a lot of take, but no giving..

nah man, to download music you have to share too

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:43
So what is the artist getting?           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Kelmi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:44
A handshake and have a nice day!!

j/k
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:48
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 16:43, traveller wrote:
So what is the artist getting?

gigs

_Vanessa_

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 16:50
I bought a CD months ago

it was from Bjork

she works so hard, and don't do many gigs, and is a soul of a talent that what would be Bjork without her funs?!?!

I guess the same thing, the difference is, she takes 2-3 years to realease an album. She really work, and it gives time to her funs to save some money to buy the album
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 17:04
oh yeah and forgot: a relative fame, and a lot of people listening to their music
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 17:51
As with most of the topics around similar subjects like this, this is going nowhere again. People are all getting into it and talking crap, crap and then crap some more. There are only a few people out there that have some sense, and HandA is one of those. And when it comes to the drugs, love and all that shit I couldn't agree more. One thing that has always bothered me about the people in this scene is that 90% of those people suck! They take drugs and get all fucked up and rave about spreading happiness and love and all that shit. While I'm the last person to say those two fundamental things are bad, why don't you face reality sometimes? Life isn't all that super all the time you know. Bad things happen, and you know what? It's all part of it. Oh well... but that's probably why most of those suckers take the drugs, to escape reality. As for the mp3 thing, it's only natural for an artist to expect some gratitude (ie money) from the people he / she makes the music for. So I ask you, why wouldn't you buy an album when you think it's worth buying??           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:02
I wonder when will people realize they dont have monopoly on what is reality, and what is illusion...

love and peace and all is just as real as work and money and whatever you want to believe in..

all of them are models, brain interpretations... and OBVIOUSLY the menu is not the meal, the map is not the territory, so neither of you know it all..

So why be so angry if someone wants to believe in love and peace? It´s just as good as whatever model you are following

and mp3s, I say: advantages and disadvantages..They are not the evil of the world, and neither the saviour.. To diminish the problems for labels and artists, THEY are the ones that need to change, because download will continue, no doubt...
and, once again: cd buying is not the only way to support the ´ scene ´
tortas

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 18:20
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 18:02, sherlockalien wrote:
I wonder when will people realize they dont have monopoly on what is reality, and what is illusion...

love and peace and all is just as real as work and money and whatever you want to believe in..

all of them are models, brain interpretations... and OBVIOUSLY the menu is not the meal, the map is not the territory, so neither of you know it all..

So why be so angry if someone wants to believe in love and peace? It´s just as good as whatever model you are following

and mp3s, I say: advantages and disadvantages..They are not the evil of the world, and neither the saviour.. To diminish the problems for labels and artists, THEY are the ones that need to change, because download will continue, no doubt...
and, once again: cd buying is not the only way to support the ´ scene ´

Cheers
You re the one who s making more sense here...
I would like to see the people raise the level of these discussions and not bring it down making fun of others opinions...
that would be very nice....
By the way im not against download and i think we must support our favourite artists, also buying theyr CDs, but we cant buy every music we listen cause if that happened we could only listen what our pockets let us...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
10 11 12 13 14 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance