Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

2500€ to waste! need help xD

Get-a-fix
Getafix

Started Topics :  147
Posted : Dec 5, 2010 08:12
PoM,

That's why i'm thinking of using the solo with the sub6. Maybe that will help with the low end and also improve the midrange.

Otherwise what other monitors would you recommend in the $3000-$4000 range?           http://www.soundcloud.com/getafixmusic
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Dec 5, 2010 09:19
working with a sub is never a good idea actualy because its really hard to get them in phase..better buy a bigger speaker with more low end.

for that amount of money i would definatly recommend the
O 300 by Sennheiser(Klein&Hummel)..

they even top all the recommendations Bob Katz recommends for mastering speakers..you will hear just everything..their really amazing speakers.           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Get-a-fix
Getafix

Started Topics :  147
Posted : Dec 5, 2010 10:30
Yeah i used to own the K+H 0300's. The only problem with them was that they max out pretty quickly, especially on bass heavy music like psy. Then i'll probably need to get the 0800 sub for them to free up some headroom.           http://www.soundcloud.com/getafixmusic
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 5, 2010 11:52
Hm strange, never heard about that actually.
Then i would suggest a big speaker of the new Adam SX line..where do you come from?
Is there a chance that you could test different speakers at your home before buying?           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Dec 5, 2010 15:48
they compress the sound yes,a friend use them and don t like this too but i think they are working on a new version since bought by neumann but could be wrong..
http://www.neumann.com/

about the focal you could do perfeclty fine with them i think and i would try the sub to see how it sound in your room, even if you don t always turn it on it could be a very usefull reference... sub will give you more detailled low end with no distortion, very clean sub bass but it depends a lot about your room .(if you can try to a/b the cms sub i have read few times it s better bang for the buck and even sound better than the sub6 , i tried one and loved it...bass is very tight and controled and you totally forget the sub when it s well intergrated)
in that price their is Pmc with a sub might be something to check ,psi audio monitors you can check too..

if i was choping for a new pair i think i would check for a sealed design with a sub , it might give you better transients and cleaner low end than bass reflex stuff... (that can extend frequency range but it s not a problem with a sub) but not really sure about all this .. just checking it lately
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Dec 5, 2010 16:33
sealed design well done might give a very tight and fast sound and imo it s important for psytrance. (i think the kh are sealed and everyone praise their low end at moderate volume. ) i would like to try a sealed design cause i have only bass reflex ones make me curious.
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 5, 2010 17:22
ah yeah sure..not sennheiser o 300 but Neumann

with a sub you need good nerves , because it can take really long time and testing until it really fits with the phase of other speakers..people were crouching a lot on their knees to find the sweet spot and stuff.

but if set up right sure a great kombo.

still would prefer the bigger Adam sx line..since its really modern technology and got very good reputations.even 5 year guarantee and stuff like that.           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  120
Posted : Dec 6, 2010 23:51
sorry, missed your post Getafix...

i really like the sound of the solos, very detailed.
about the low end... i have not much experience with it.
the difference now is, that im faster with mixing, dont need to check everything twice (especially the bassarea was problematic before i got the solos).

im happy with the speakers but never ever would spend more money, i think roomtreatment is more important. i made decent mixes already with the yamaha hs50m. why should i spend 4000$ or more for mastering speakers. you hear everything with the solos imo, also the bass. i cant imagin that the sound could be more detailed... and if so, nobody would care.

by the way, i have room problems with ~150 and 300 Hz. i think its because my ceiling is not treated.
i cant drill my ceiling, only way is some kind of glue...
so the material has to be light in weight.
any suggestion to buy?

cheers           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
magner
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Dec 7, 2010 04:52
very nice work in the studio good work dude .....in my opinion i would have stuck up with the yamahas and added their sub, its true that it takes some time to get a hold of whats going on in the low spectrum, but once you do the results would be very good.

i use a pair of hs80's and the sub, learned to do some good mixes with them, wouldnt change them for anything else, i dont do mastering, i send my mixes to 'silicon sound' to do them for me, and so far he never complained about me sending him a bad mix, or a mix that needs hours of re-work.
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 7, 2010 18:49
hey magner, thanks. i think the hs80 are the best deal you can get

cheers           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 13, 2010 16:27
anyone could tell me if should take those 10 cm thickness
http://www.der-schaumstoffdiscounter.de/epages/61456034.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61456034/Products/10000500100
or better take those 12cm thick?
http://www.der-schaumstoffdiscounter.de/epages/61456034.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61456034/Products/BB10000500120
i have a 150 Hz Peak
i need it for the ceiling, because i cant drill up there. wich glue does the trick?

cheers          www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Eleusene

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 13, 2010 16:43
Check out these 2 links and especially the diagrams for basotect. (In german).

http://www.casakustik.de/forum/index.php/topic,303.0.html
http://www.casakustik.de/forum/index.php/topic,87.0.html

It seems Basotect won't help so much in the 150 Hz range. Between the 2 I'd take the 12cm.
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 13, 2010 17:22
thanks m8!

that would be a absobtion of about 40% for the 12cm thick absorbers. i know the ceiling treatment wont do wonders, but i just cant leave it untreated.
so i have to find a lightweight absorber (no airgap) what aims for my critical room freqs.

cheers
          www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 13, 2010 18:06
150 HZ is very hard to get by. Its a known issue with small rooms. Can become pretty expensive until you got the right items to fix this.           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 13, 2010 19:16
thanks zork! so im not the only one^^

you have any idea why the feqs drops at 10kHz that bad? i have never seen this before.

i meassurued with rode nt2 (omnidirectional) see freq response of the mic here
http://recordinghacks.com/microphones/Rode/NT2-A

here is the room measurement

www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - 2500€ to waste! need help xD
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance