First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

2500€ to waste! need help xD

Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Dec 14, 2010 16:45
Seems like a standing wave wich cancels out. Check different positions, try to nalyse where the reflections come from and if you could improve the positions of the absorbers and speakers.

Otherwise you would need a really pro analysing tool..and speakers wich are very flat like the O 300 to be really sure about everything..

but actualy i wouldn`t get too paranoid, just get used to the frequency responce, check you mixes on a lot other systems , see if thei translate well. make too mixes, one where you think its good, and one where you boost the highs , see wich is better on other speakers, if the difference is too drastical, then i would try to fix it.

maybe you know someone with a good measured studio where you can recheck and stuff.          -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  120
Posted : Dec 14, 2010 17:20
thanks zork, do you know if deep freqs (bass) do affect those high freqs?
i know about comb filtering (stereo measured...), but not about such extreme high cuts (-15db)

10kHz is extreme high pitched sound... i dont do much mixing in this area.
with my left ear i only hear up to 11kHz (accident).
the difference is, that some HH sounds more crisp in the right ear, but nothing fatal.

i am happy with the translation of my mixes. it could be the routine, the new treatment or the new speakers, i gues a littlebit from everything. just the 100-300Hz is overpowerd, but i know that, so i take care in this area. i dont know any producer in real life...
thanks for advices!

cheers
          www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 15, 2010 23:58
hard to say, i doubt that the low frequency have such an impact in the high end due to resonance or stuff like that.

don`t worry! bee happy           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 25, 2011 14:08
just ordered my new hell machine
i think this will satisfy my needs next years

ASUS P7P55D-E, P55
Intel Core i5-760, 4x 2.80GHz
KINGSTON 8GB 2x4GB RamKit
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750
ANTEC NSK4000B II
BE QUIET! 430W L7-430W
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB
PLEXTOR PX-L890SA
and Zorks highly praised Echo Audiofire 4 interface

i will run 64bit win 7, 1000€ all together.
hopefully my vsts work with the new system...

cheers
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 25, 2011 14:20
nice man!

why shouldn`t your vsts run? you are cubase user right?           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 25, 2011 16:44
right^^ i dont know... from XP (32bit) to win 7 (64bit). lol
panike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Feb 26, 2011 17:07
why dont you buy a ssd hardrive? you could use that for software install and use the hitachi for other things
magner
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Feb 27, 2011 05:06
You wont have any problems dude, im running on your same processor (fantastic), same ram specs, windows 7 64 bit and audiofire 8, great performance and no hiccups my friend!
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 27, 2011 22:35
@panike
i´ve had this setup before... i didnt like it much

@magner
nice to hear! cant wait           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 5, 2011 03:31
until now im very impressed!
nice pc power , the echo audiofire works nice (didnt tried recording/routings yet)...
wont think back to my old emu1212m, this thing made me crazy >.<

at first there where some vst problems, but in the next day i installed everything very easy (64bit).
i really like windows 7, just always those admin confirmations are pissing me off. hopefully everything is running as smooth as now

cheers
magner
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 5, 2011 03:36
Quote:

On 2011-03-05 03:31, orgytime wrote:
until now im very impressed!
nice pc power , the echo audiofire works nice (didnt tried recording/routings yet)...
wont think back to my old emu1212m, this thing made me crazy >.<

at first there where some vst problems, but in the next day i installed everything very easy (64bit).
i really like windows 7, just always those admin confirmations are pissing me off. hopefully everything is running as smooth as now

cheers

Glad youre enjoying it ....... turn of 'user account control' and no more admin confirmations. Windows 7 is the bomb dude
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Mar 5, 2011 03:40
wow nice man , i m sure you will be happy with the audiofire, mine is rock stable ,always had great suport from echo, they are not rude like rme ... haha ,my first sound card was a echo mia and it s still working perfectly after years of use, havent been disapointed yet with their product for the price it cost.
magner
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 5, 2011 03:47
Im very happy with mine, never had trouble with audiofire 8 and sound quality is excellent. In my country (malta) they are very underrated cause not even the guys who run the largest gear shops over here know about echo and their products, which i find really strange. When i went to order the audiofire i was getting lots of 'wtf is this guy talking about?' looks, and they wanted at all costs to sell me a motu!. Here its all about the more commercial brands like m-audio, NI, motu, focusrite bla bla bla, poor them they have no idea what theyre missing!
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 5, 2011 21:58
first problem i cant play any music while cubase is running^^           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 6, 2011 00:15
should work..did you install the newest driver for the echo? did you select it in system audio prefs?           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - 2500€ to waste! need help xD
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance