Author

180 bpm+

rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:50
Quote:

On 2011-03-09 22:38, Beat Agency wrote:
I do think there is also a similarity in bass lines. They both just goes ra ta ta all the time. No variation whatsoever. We wont agree. Bottom line is I dont think either has anything to do with trance as in "Getting into a state of trance". The faster your heartbeat goes with music the more hard it gets to get into a state of trance unless you fill your body with chemicals.

We don't have to agree, and that's totally fine. I don't agree with my brother about stuff and we're as tight as brothers can be.
200bpm done right is merely more beats that you can hear of 100bpm (not sure if that's technically accurate or not), but my point is, it's possible to find the relative rhythm in yourself that corresponds with the tempo of the music. I'm sure you can dance double time to 90bpm chillout, right?
xf_a49

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:52
@ rich: i agree with what your saying, that's why i started this thread to sample tracks from established artists with a mature sound, before i jump into this venture and make a fool of myself. this is to expand knowledge, not to act smart. complete humility.

@willsanquil: agreement. vast difference.
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:52
Quote:

On 2011-03-09 22:46, xf_a49 wrote:
@ willsanquil: i am in agreement, but faster means more dancing, so more energy is spent, so more can be can be consumed.
i'm not refuting that there is slower dark, and i am a fan of that also, but like i said, looking to make new, faster sounds, but not go overboard obviously. i'm just of the opinion that some chemicals give you a lot of energy and fast music is an effective accompaniment.

Massively disagree. Faster means more dancing, eh? Well then, why not pump it up? Screw this 180 BPM shit, I'm going to start making tracks at 400 BPM, that'll surely make the dance floor go crazy with energy!?!?!

Nope. It'll kill it. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a dancefloor get MURDERED by someone coming on and trying to be super killargh with their crazy fast music.

Again there is this association with speed and new sound..I don't understand.

Edit - duly noted that you said 'without going overboard' which 400 BPM surely is
           If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:55
I still wonder if any of you guys who seem to love those fast BPM's ever really had a real "state of trance" experience while dancing to those fast tunes - without the use of chemicals?

I am not convinced as I have been into this subject for the last 20+ years and probably is one of the few artists who have used those 20 years to explore the tribal side of the psytrance which also is the origination of the "state of trance" when we go back to it's pure form.

My point is still that when the BPM increase the heart follow the BPM and when going too fast there is no way you can reach a state of trance unless you use stimuli. That also the only way some Shamanic tribes reach the state of trance. With the use of stimuli. Nothing wrong with it but a bit of cheating ain't it?           www.beatagency.dk
xf_a49

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:55
@ willsanquil: that's what i said, not go overboard. i know exactly what you're talking about, that's why i want to experiment. that's why it is called an experiment. fail or succeed, it doesn't matter, but i want to give it an effective attempt.
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:57
BA do you have any information about heart beat sync and brain waves condusive to a state of trance?

I've heard a bunch of psytrance hippy bullshit regarding the topic, how once heart rates go above a certain level your brain waves do x or some shit. can't find a decent explanation online, and am curious.            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:57
Quote:

On 2011-03-09 22:52, willsanquil wrote:
I can't tell you how many times I've seen a dancefloor get MURDERED by someone coming on and trying to be super killargh with their crazy fast music.

Gotta agree with this a little... at Boom last year, when the fast music came on the main stage after midnight, most people left the dancefloor and half the people who stayed sat down. I saw the same at Universo Paralello; when the faster music came on, the dancefloor emptied. To be honest though, at both places that was fine by me because it meant I wasn't missing anything by going to sleep during the night, which was about the only time when sleep was actually possible due to the heat.
          Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 22:59
Quote:

On 2011-03-09 22:57, willsanquil wrote:
BA do you have any information about heart beat sync and brain waves condusive to a state of trance?

I've heard a bunch of psytrance hippy bullshit regarding the topic, how once heart rates go above a certain level your brain waves do x or some shit. can't find a decent explanation online, and am curious.

I haven't looked for a link as there are many also many mumbo jumbo's.. But using my own music as a reference many of my early tunes are 133 bpm. I found this bpm to be the right one for me.           www.beatagency.dk
MR VOMERS
Datavore

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:04
I've absolutely achieved a non molecular trance induced state while listening to fast music, even MAKING this music. I've lost myself on dancefloors in higherbpm sets at festivals completely sober. It all depends on how you are wired, and the way you have experienced things.

If you came from a background with uptempo marching band, indoor competition fast marching band stuff, always constantly playing fast music..(teaching, playing, writing, writing drill even)...always always always with faster tempos regardless of the output medium, like myself, then i'm going to have to say that 180bpm to me is soothing and welcoming...it's disruptive to me even at lower points but that's is just me.

I will keep my opinion to myself regarding other genres and stuff because it doesn't really matter As long as the music is produced in the best quality it can possibly be for your artistic ability, and the intentions are not bullshit...and most importantly to me, sounds PSSSYYYCHEEEDELLIIICCCC, then it's ok in my book.

@ Rich..i appreciate you taking the time to listen and form an opinion based off actually paying attention to what's going on past what is going on
           WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:04
@ Colin - That is one of the things that I cannot stand most - as one of my all time favorite experiences at a psytrance festival is that collective journey shared by everyone.

I would prefer that as many people be able to stay on the dancefloor for as long as possible. The energy and community spirit built over those hours of dancing in the dark and then the morning coming in and you finally get to see everyone?!? Amazing.

If the music breaks the dance floor, it breaks that group vibe and has the potential to hinder the experience imo. In those moments I find myself respecting the DJ/artist less as I feel that if lots of people move from the dance floor, they've done a shit job as they're not plugged into the crowd and are acting out of ego and not being a faciliator of the group trance experience.

I might be going off the psytrance hippie deep end here, but so be it

Oh, and for fairness sake I think some of the atrocities commited by the cheesy full-on crowd are almost as bad if not worse than the super fast dark in terms of shitting on the possibilities of entering a trance state.
           If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:09
For the record, I've never in my life tranced to music at a party faster than 145 or so. I just haven't heard anything with fast tempo to be any good.
(edit: duh, I say I have with Parus)

When fast tempos came in the scene it wasn't done to my liking and that's about the time I stopped going to most parties and being very selective who I wen to see. (most recently, enjoyed a live set from Parus. They are fast and put me in a trance with good energy. To me, it hits my tribal nerve just right.)

And I very much get into 133, especially when it's funky with a good bassline and good percussion. But I also want it to elevate over time or I begin to feel stuck and need fresh air or more energy from the music.

(I don't do chemicals and rarely have, and never ever have when fast music was playing.)
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:17
Parus is win. No arguments there. Saw them at Alchemy Festival last year and they were the best act there to my ears. If I'm not mistaken though they don't go signficantly over 145.
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:25
Quote:

On 2011-03-09 23:17, willsanquil wrote:
Parus is win. If I'm not mistaken though they don't go signficantly over 145.

Ok, my taste is intact

Btw, wasn't some of the old Goa coming in at a pretty good clip? I remember hearing some tracks that were just too fast for me. Totally didn't enjoy them cos of that. (Not attacking Goa or provoking a defense of Goa, just saying, dark psy may not be the first time fast bpms were used in psytrance).

kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:34
For sure its easy to get into a massive trance state with this music, with or without drugs.. You gotta let go, and let the music take you there... !!!            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 23:35
There are some examples of faster goa, yes, but the vast majority is in the 145 range - at least that I've heard.

I think Hallucinogen's Space Pussy is at 155 or something. I remember posting on isratrance a while back saying that I didn't think there was fast goa and someone posted a bunch of examples of faster-than-145 goa.

Edit - I left a comment in this space that upon further consideration was not tasteful. Removed and sorry to those that saw it            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 180 bpm+
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance