Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

180 bpm+

rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 8, 2011 21:31
^If only!

I agree with what some one else said. BPMs don't matter to me, what matters is the whole damn thing.
It's just gotta be good (according to my standards, of course, so good luck).
My main issue with 170+ bpm tracks is they keep stopping and doing glitchy shit. I'm from punk rock and speed metal and I want it to pound fast non stop or not pound at all.

I'll now open the floor to questions or suggestions from Jacynth.

TAS
Toxic Anger Syndrome

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 8, 2011 22:45
SEKT vs Aremakki - Wood Man

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toxic-Anger-Syndrome/92541329414
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cut-the-Cheese/148402755958
http://www.youtube.com/Trollhelltown
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 8, 2011 23:14
Pretty sure I've never heard a 180+ bpm track that I have danced or would actually have fun dancing to - let alone trancing to. Open to being proved wrong, but that's been my experience sofar

Just too damn fast, I can't sense any groove to it at that speed. Even with acid propulsion I find it too much.           If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 00:03
^ Well, what rules are you trying to follow when you dance? 180bpm can be danced to as if it's 90 bpm.
Swim through the beats!

of course, there has to be something in the track that moves you. if it's just sounds of 20 dial-up modems trying to connect there's not much to go on lol

willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 02:48
Rules? While dancing?

Disclaimer - some may interpret this as a shitting on fast trance post. It's all just my opinion, so don't take it the wrong way please

IDK how I dance, I assume the majority of it is stomping to the 4/4ness while flailing my limbs around. Sometimes with lights or fire attached to them.

The 'thing that moves you' is indeed the issue I have with it (it being the music I've heard sofar at that tempo- I haven't heard all of it obviously). I like strange sounds, but I also like hypnotic melody, which I find to be damn near absent in the vast, vast majority of trance above the 150 mark. It doesn't have to be fluffy euphoric supersaw eurotrance leads or anything, but the walls of glitch and noise by themselves aren't particularly interesting to me.

I was about to say that "I can't dance to music much above 150 sustainably" but that's not necessarily true - I can't dance to it *the same way* as I dance to the other speeds of trance. If I try to stomp to every kick drum at 180 bpm I will not be able to do it very long at all. I like to dance for hours and hours and trance out, and I just physically can't do it to that speed. The speed takes me out of the trance state and I have to fight to keep up with the music - it becomes more similar to running or intense excercise than dancing *for me*...

Another thing is the swing/groove/shuffle of the tracks - at a certain speed it just all sounds super quantized and uber rigid *to me* - I have tried and I can't produce anything that feels even REMOTELY groovy once I push the sequencer past 155 or so, and I haven't heard it in anyone elses production either.

Then again, I don't go out seeking it, I've no problem with good music at the tempo existing *conceptually*

Maybe if I came from a different background I could appreciate it better...like if I liked breakcore, or gabba, or speed metal...

IDK. My 2 cents.            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
xf_a49

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 13:02
I am in complete agreement with Demoniac Insomniac and cinderVOMIT.
@Demoniac Insomniac: I have hear 90% percent of the tracks you have mentioned. Big fan of your music. also psykovsky, kindzadza, cosmo, and furious/aerofurious/crazy astronaut, gorrump peyya, fobi, kasatka, kobold instinct, etc.
awesome tracks mentioned.
@cinverVOMIT: nice work on cinder n frenz vol 1.
i agree that music below 170 bmp is not fast enough to utilize all the energy on a trip. dnb ftw also.

check out sets by abhishek psymind: http://abhishekpsymind.blogspot.com/

also, cosmic energy and cosmic journeys can be experienced with meditation.

BOOM.
Shanti.
xf_a49

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 13:10
also, 180 bpm does not equal to dark psy. i am looking for dark psy that is over that bpm range.
example, unknown lifeforms - kobold instinct.
xf_a49

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 13:17
@ psytones: thanks for the links.
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 16:13
Quote:

On 2011-03-08 21:13, Pavel wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-08 00:17, Dogon wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-08 00:13, Jacynth wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-08 00:09, cinderVOMIT wrote:

and i'm 28....

Why baba?

Jacynth: Are you Pavel?

Jacynth is Moki with brains.

What?           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
MR VOMERS
Datavore

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 17:06
ok so i'm going to put some of my music up for example of what i dig and create at this range...and being able to keep space and keep it psychedelic.

185bpm

200bpm

198bpm

200bpm

To those that enjoy it : these sounds are all signed and being released on Akashik Records (San Fran, CA) in the near future..for those who don't...that's cool, i'm making it for those that do like it

much love

WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 18:06
^^

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Jacynth
Inactive User

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 18:42
ok so i'm going to put some of my music up for example of what i dig and create at this range...and being able to keep space and keep it psychedelic.

185bpm

200bpm

204bpm

198bpm

200bpm

To those that enjoy it : these sounds are all signed and being released on Akashik Records (San Fran, CA) in the near future..for those who don't...that's cool, i'm making it for those that do like it

much love
kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 18:46
Great stuff CInder, this is excellent stuff !!!! YEEEAHHHHH!!            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 9, 2011 19:17
I somehow think this kind of music is more related to the terrorcore scene than to the psytrance scene. But of course IMO.

www.beatagency.dk
xf_a49

Posted : Mar 9, 2011 20:09
@cinderVOMIT: first two tracks insane. nice bassline. since you were into dnb, are you planning on using deeper basslines?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 180 bpm+
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance