3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

152bpm

chong

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 29, 2006 14:56
i checked some audiopathik... and what to say...creativity ?not really , always the same formulas again and again...
derango is something else, because he's one of the very few dark producers that is a bit original, like greg on earth and the ambivalent guys...still there is no way u can compare this kind of music to huge house productions,it's silly it's like comparing punk music with jazz...
do the darkpsy guys know they can make real rythm pattern ? i never heard any darkpsy musicians who were able to make a correct and a bit intricate rythm pattern, the result is always the poorest shit u can expect, not even able to build any kind of a bit of complex groove... open hihat snare open hi hat snare, on top of the closed hi hat lines... woow, such complexity...

btw, not building any groove pattern with the rythm section is the only way u can fool the listeners by putting random synthlines on top of straight basslines without any groove logic and make it sound "intricate"
it will be intricate when one will be able to mix these "complex synthlines" with a real rythm section...but i guess it's not really possible due to the high speed bpms...
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 06:13
Ok putting aside the massive sweeping generlisations about 'all darkpsy music', the fact you keep going on and on about 152 BP+ being 'too fast' for complex rhythms is just stupid. Are you a drummer? You can play complex rhythms/polorhythms at 200 BPM+, ever heard of be-bop?
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 07:54
Well what can I say.. maybe it's your lack of taste or mine. Or maybe a difference in opinion. Pystrance produced at 145 bpm and above makes perfect sense to me. Not all artists are good at it but most of them know what they're doing and I can relate to most tracks just as I can to tracks below 145 and which are of morning rhythms. Each requires a different skill set to produce their style of music and the only thing this whole argument actualy boils down to is a mental block. Anyway, that's my bit to this topic.
lucidpicnic
Lucid Picnic

Started Topics :  132
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 14:26
Quote:

On 2006-06-20 17:30, DETOX wrote:
Happy Hardcore is dead no?

unfortunatly no,
crazy dutch people love it.

about 152...go 999 push the limits
          Whatever the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves

http://soundcloud.com/obliviongarden
http://www.myspace.com/letshaveapicnic
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucid-Picnic/159819784056784
chong

Posted : Jul 30, 2006 14:39
Quote:

On 2006-07-30 06:13, mquirk1 wrote:
Ok putting aside the massive sweeping generlisations about 'all darkpsy music', the fact you keep going on and on about 152 BP+ being 'too fast' for complex rhythms is just stupid

so prove me wrong!
'till now u didn't, i brought you some arguments ...so please, name me some darkpsy artists making complex rythms...i'm stupid and waiting to be enlightened
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 30, 2006 14:49
Till now I didn't? I already said derango.. and if you want more, then: dronebixie, hallucinogenic horses, savage scream, zoolog, hokus pokus... I don't like the 'striaght' dark psy and think the majority of it sucks as well, but it's stupid to make a statement like "any darkpsy over 152 BPM has shitty rhythms", because there are a lot of artists making funky/rhythmically complex darkpsy at higher BPMs.
chong

Posted : Jul 30, 2006 15:48
derango ,savage cream, hokus pokus? making intricate rythm ??? lol.... ok whatever, u can already call astrix best drummer in the world ahaha
z1P^
Megalopsy

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 15:55
finally at the 3rd page somebody named derango as an example of good dark and psychedelic music, there is also penta, greg on earth, and many other great dark psychedelic artists.

ive just catched this thread right now, at its fifth page, and while i was finishing reading the whole sh*t my buffer got a little bit overflowed. anyways ill blast my opinion. i think is no way about the BPMs, its all about the content of the track, the structure, the ammount of lysergic patterns & sytnths, the way it pulls you body into movement, the artist intention of creating or transmiting sumthing,

i agree theres a load of so called ºdark psyº out there that sounds like gabba or canadian speedcore, high speed non sense ball of noise, no groove at all, not even a bit of Harmony, i dont know... like some one said before, the easiest thing to do is to called something else than trance.

another example of good night psy are some tunes of the cryptic crunch album which are completely acid and deep, lots of groove, melodies, slow bpms... i simply love his music, (not so much the last album).

keep it real brothers

(www) DarkPrisma.com.ar/ ~ FranticNoise.com.ar/ ~ Megalopsy.com.ar/ ~
providing shamanic euphoria until the end of the days!
chong

Posted : Jul 30, 2006 16:12
i agree about cryptic crunch album ,the golden age of psychedelic trance in my opinion
Nobita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 17:17
Quote:

On 2006-06-22 13:57, chong wrote:
people make fast music because they have no skills to make real music...
when u work at 150 bpm, there is not much room left for intelligent percussion pattern , no rooms for sounds, it makes the job really easier(not to make a good tune but at least to make one)the more bpm, the less creative...simple as that
There is not even any room left for a fat kick or a fat bassline...it's all tiny and fast and ridiculous...there is not time for the sub frequencies to come through...
i'd rather recommend some real hardcore such as manu le malin (some real studio work for a change...) if u like fast bpm and dark atmosphere (real one) instead of all that crappy joke made out of trance

How you assert that making fast music takes no skills and recommend Manu le Malin in the same paragraph is beyond me.
          Row row row your boats gently down the stream; merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
chong

Posted : Jul 30, 2006 19:04
for the record i was referring to fast psytrance as it was the subject discussed here
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jul 30, 2006 20:21
Quote:

On 2006-07-30 16:12, chong wrote:
i agree about cryptic crunch album ,the golden age of psychedelic trance in my opinion

Cryptic Crunch was the first and the last good dark psy album. Mostly because it wasn't mostly painfully fast and it had intricate drum patterns.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 31, 2006 11:33
Quote:

On 2006-07-30 15:48, chong wrote:
derango ,savage cream, hokus pokus? making intricate rythm ??? lol.... ok whatever, u can already call astrix best drummer in the world ahaha

Ok i kind of expected that, you ask me to give you some artists and when i do your only response is 'lol.. whatever'. Obviously I can't compete against the power of your close-mindedness/stupidity.. if you listen to a derango track and tell me that's not rhythmically complex there must be something wrong with your ears..

Anyway, I've given you the names of artists I think are rhythmically inventive, so how bout you give me some names of psy artists *you* think are like that, and I promise I'll give them more of a chance then just reading their names and replying with "LOL WTF MAN LOL UR STUPID".
chong

Posted : Jul 31, 2006 12:40
whatever man... if u call me a close-mind for not being able to find any complexity neither originality in this ocean of mediocrity... fine,i don't give a goddamn crap
still,if u wanna check some groove wich consist of much more than just a stylus loop and 2 hihats, i suggest you to grab some trentemoller or martinez to start things off
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 13:38
Quote:

On 2006-07-31 12:40, chong wrote:
whatever man... if u call me a close-mind for not being able to find any complexity neither originality in this ocean of mediocrity... fine,i don't give a goddamn crap
still,if u wanna check some groove wich consist of much more than just a stylus loop and 2 hihats, i suggest you to grab some trentemoller or martinez to start things off

I agree. And randomness does not equal intricancy.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 152bpm
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance