First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

152bpm

mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 16:00
Ok, I literally burst out laughing after listening to this after your 'stylus loop and 2 hi hats comment'

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/play/m3u/072/bd.m3u

(that's trentemoller btw)

Man, Kick bass + loop for 2 minutes sure is intricate, compared to the 'mediocrity' of derango:

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/play/m3u/06d/78.m3u

Edit - And I'm calling you close-minded because of the sweeping generalisations you make about darkpsy when it's obvious you've never properly listened to it or you'd realise you were wrong..

chong

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 17:33
lol that' s really funny indeed...
top class production vs amateur music...
btw i was already listening to what you call darkpsy 6 or 7 years ago when it was still labeled as psytrance , i've been listening load of that kinda stuffs by the past so don't assume too many things too fast... i don't need to listen to the thousands of darkpsy craps that get released these days(they are all the same btw) to catch the essence of this music wich is copy pasting an old style wich at that time was made by inventive skilled musicans and now being copy pasted by every single killarggh 19 years old kid without any musical background and skills
Nobita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Jul 31, 2006 17:48
Quote:

On 2006-07-31 16:00, mquirk1 wrote:
Ok, I literally burst out laughing after listening to this after your 'stylus loop and 2 hi hats comment'

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/play/m3u/072/bd.m3u

(that's trentemoller btw)

Man, Kick bass + loop for 2 minutes sure is intricate, compared to the 'mediocrity' of derango:

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/play/m3u/06d/78.m3u

Edit - And I'm calling you close-minded because of the sweeping generalisations you make about darkpsy when it's obvious you've never properly listened to it or you'd realise you were wrong..

As much as I love Derango, the beats in Trentemoller's sample (and music in general) are much more intricate.           Row row row your boats gently down the stream; merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 1, 2006 11:59
Ok, it's pretty much just hopeless to argue with someone who calls pretty much some of the most complex/ochestrated (i.e. nto random) psytrance music 'amateur', you can keep on listening to your boring ass minimal stuff and I'll stick to derango.
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 1, 2006 12:52
That's one of the best Trentemoller tunes, Polar Shift.
If you fail to see the delicate soundscapes and the amazing deepness of his music than i feel sorry for you.
Some people need the constant aural pressure on 150BPM to be satisfied. I was like that 8 years ago.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
chong

Posted : Aug 1, 2006 13:16
"delicate soundscapes" is a very nice description of this subtle and yet super fat music
Pavel
Troll

Posted : Aug 1, 2006 13:20
Trentemoller saved Electronic music for me. If not for him and some more artists i'd quit.
BTW, talking intricate rhythm patterns:
Trentemoller - Latenight Cab Driving.
There aren't many psy producers that are capable of doing that much percussion work. Sensient, Ticon, Son Kite, Antix, Shiva Chandra, BLT, Double Dragon. Most of them never made a tune faster than 145.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Primordial
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 1, 2006 16:13
As far as my humble opinion is concerned . . . . . . i really ain't bothered about the speed of a track?!! If people want to make fast trance i say GET IN!! If i like it . . . .well yippee doo! ill hammer it out as loud as i can and enjoy the music

I reckon that if people want to experiment, mess around, have a bit of fun with high bpm or be serious with high bpm, push the boundries, defy common conceptions of what is good and whats not or basically do what the fuck they like, then they should be free to do it - i for one have always and always will encourage such musical behaviour

offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 1, 2006 17:15
Why has to be one better than the other? I do not get it. Both artists are awesome. Fast, slow, melodic, noisy... all the spectrum serves for different purposes. To take a stand and to indicate one artist is better than another @ that level of production is a personal preference and that is all. I would even go as far as saying that it is narrow minded... as if you joined the psychedelic night time team and you want to win the game.

I play night time and I play minimal and electro and techno and and and and... if it is good music and I have the money to get it, I will play it... You can argue that Rembrant is better than Dali... but I think you will be locked in that argument for a few lifetimes to reach the conclusion, in the light of truth, that there is no argument.

-I paint with cool colors
-I paint with hot colors...
-No, no cool colors are better...
-What are you talking about, they aren't as engaging and as intense as hot colors
-Well I feel melancoly and sadness have a mysterious depth and essence hot colors will never communicate
blah blah blah

I say tomeito and you say Tomaato
Manash

Posted : Aug 3, 2006 07:38
i agree that nowadays there has been released a lot of crap dark trance
there are a lot of newcomers and much more new labels that wants to release music bringing as result all these shitty music we are experiencing.
but i can't agree when people say that producing slower music is more complex than faster music.
if the producer is not skilled to make a very good 130 bpm track, it will get monotonous and boring the same way as a bad produced 152+ bpm track.
so again and again it is all a matter of taste for the listener and skills for the producer           Dead Tree Productions
www.dead-tree.net
Drunken Monk

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 7, 2006 02:54
Quote:

On 2006-07-29 09:40, mquirk1 wrote:
yep, it takes no skills to make something like derango - the poisonous square, it's WAYYY harder to make a 135 BPM house track with a kick, bass and annoying acid lead repeating for 5 minutes.

hehehe           +-+talking with ali3ns around the universe+-+
mit [muzik industry tunez]
:smoke2:

Posted : Aug 7, 2006 10:06
there are of course exeptions .. derango isnt really `dark` but more scando `forest` trance.. as is most of the sanatonic records stuff , procs , steptime , greg on earth .. many exeptions to the rule if u want to broadly put all non happy fullon in a `dark ` genre .. nevertheless .. most of the new darker so called killa trance is rubbish ..
Drunken Monk

Posted : Aug 10, 2006 01:07
...damn genres...           +-+talking with ali3ns around the universe+-+
mit [muzik industry tunez]
Yamaoka

Posted : Aug 10, 2006 16:31
Some people here are soon going to become grumpy old men just like my grandfather, whoīs always complaining that nowadays music sucks, that the classical tunes and the big band hits he used to listen to when he was a young man were much better than all this noisy crap that we listen to!
Itīs exactly the same thing that has been discussed here.
I canīt find a reasonable way of comparing Trentemoller to Derango. They are way too different. One plays fast, energetic, forrest music. The other plays slow, trippy, ass-shaky music. Both are very good on what they do. And thatīs what important in my opinion.
I donīt think that all tracks must have intricate drums or rhythms. Some tracks can be very simple and excellent at the same time. Some can be absolutely well produced, but damn boring! Itīs a matter of reference!
Anyway, there are many shitty stuff being produced under the name of "dark" psytrance. But there are many excellent things! Check out the releases from Peak Records (I recommend Drumatik, itīs very fast, very well produced and has, in a way, it has intricate drumworks).

Peace!
Pavel
Troll

Posted : Aug 10, 2006 16:42
Quote:

On 2006-08-10 16:31, Yamaoka wrote:
Some people here are soon going to become grumpy old men just like my grandfather, whoīs always complaining that nowadays music sucks, that the classical tunes and the big band hits he used to listen to when he was a young man were much better than all this noisy crap that we listen to!
Itīs exactly the same thing that has been discussed here.
I canīt find a reasonable way of comparing Trentemoller to Derango. They are way too different. One plays fast, energetic, forrest music. The other plays slow, trippy, ass-shaky music. Both are very good on what they do. And thatīs what important in my opinion.
I donīt think that all tracks must have intricate drums or rhythms. Some tracks can be very simple and excellent at the same time. Some can be absolutely well produced, but damn boring! Itīs a matter of reference!
Anyway, there are many shitty stuff being produced under the name of "dark" psytrance. But there are many excellent things! Check out the releases from Peak Records (I recommend Drumatik, itīs very fast, very well produced and has, in a way, it has intricate drumworks).

Peace!

Your father was probably right. They are always right.
*spins in chair and turns on the transistor*           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Trance - 152bpm
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance