Posted : Jun 22, 2006 17:19
indeed there isn't much difference between 148 and 152
fregle
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 18:00
Quote:

On 2006-06-20 15:15, psytones wrote:
Which releases are you talking about? (152 BPM +)

example: lyserg lesson 1 - If its too fast then you are too old - KINDZADZA VS. HIGHCOSMOS - noise poison - 2005

goes 156bpm... The whole cd is over 150bpm...

If people want to do that, fine... I know guys who are making songs at 160.. If i tell them that i feel that if u start playing the faster-faster game that it never ends, that he will end up at 200bpm, he shrugs and says that that's just fine by him... He actually likes hardcore, so i understand him...

personally i don't like that evolution, they will just go faster and faster, and i don't see why... Ofcourse everything sounds better pitched up, but if it gets spun at parties the dj will pitch it up or down to the same tempo of other songs so in the end it doesn't make a difference... And slower songs will sound better at parties because they are pitched up, while fast songs won't sound better because they aren't pitched up, or even pitched down..
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 18:30
true .. more n more new producers rely on the higher bpms to get the teens dancing .. and yes .. a lot if not most new so called `dark killa` is nothing but crap ..
fregle
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2006 19:46
Quote:

On 2006-06-22 18:30, mk47 wrote:
true .. more n more new producers rely on the higher bpms to get the teens dancing .. and yes .. a lot if not most new so called `dark killa` is nothing but crap ..

i second that... It's going the way of full-on... There are now a lot of one trick ponies doing dark just as there are in full-on...
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 20:18
Quote:

On 2006-06-21 21:54, Mistress of Evil wrote:
my favorite track right now is 170 bpm and psychedelic as ever...
i like high bpms, not all the time of course, but i seem to vibrate at a really fast bpm

170 bpms wow,a ferrari porshe lamborgini track here,chase the rythm and catch it if you can...           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
fregle
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2006 20:29
That's because when a genre gets popular u get copycats with no technical knowledge who start making that music. Because they don't have any technical knowledge and because they want a fast way into the genre they don't study technique, instead they use they're social skills to find out how the known artists do it... And they use those tricks resulting in a sound that's very similar to the artists they are copying. Because they don't have technical knowledge they aren't able to expand the genre, they just keep doing what they know how to do, and u get the copycat syndrome.... Luckily there are still artists like misted muppet who show us that even a stale genre like fullon can still evolve....

This doesn't mean that those people remain as copycats. Most of them eventually evolve to real musicians with a good technical base... And then they start sounding unique, but it could be in another genre or under another name...

And that doesn't mean i don't have respect at all for those people, because u still have to know the structure, u still have to have a good ear, so u need most skills even if u are a copycat, they certainly do have the potential to become great artists if they make the effort to learn technical things that don't have anything to do with psytrance, or learn how to program a synth so u don't always have to copy the programmation of someone else, u can make ur own psychedelic sounds that are quite unique (u can never be totally unique, unless u design ur own synth, and even then...).

this happens in any genre and is certainly not something that happens only in trance genres.
fregle
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2006 20:31
170bpm is the tempo of down tempo DnB. 180bpm is the medium DnB bpm. 200bpm is hard breakcore
colon

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 20:53
Quote:

On 2006-06-22 17:11, chong wrote:
because trance is based on repetitive 4/4 kicks ...the higher the bpm, the less room you have to create music between those kicks, simple & obvious

here's a simple solution: don't call it trance anymore
TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 23:11
Quote:

On 2006-06-22 20:29, FREGLE wrote:
this happens in any genre and is certainly not something that happens only in trance genres.

The only difference is that it is so much harder to get a tune released in most other scenes compared to the psytrance scene. That is the essence why there is such a huge overflow of copycats in the psyscene. We can only blame the many labels who have no idea what quality control is all about. And it is also a fact that many release their music on own labels. The scale is 10:1 compared with the House scene to make an example.
LeZuXxX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 02:17
Fried cheese trance for xxx boys, iŽd say.
:smoke2:

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 08:28
hm .. yes most new dark high bpm music is pretty low quality and also most new stuff sounds similar .. bit like what happened in the fullon genre few years back .. thats when a shift happened and more and more new darker artists emerged .. a lot of people i know are unhappy with the present high bpm dark fast music .. maby something new will come of this artistic stalemate .. oldskool goa trance in a new avtar maby ? lets be positive !

maggot

Posted : Jun 23, 2006 08:47
over enthusiastic people in this scene ..heres how it happens .. my friend wants to open a label , small one .. k ? ..lol .. and me and my friends want to be a artist (i have no skillz) .. and voila .. we have thousands of sub standard dark non profit labels releaseing terrible teenager music ..
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 09:12
Just a thought after chongs insights.

Do any artists constuct the tracks at lower BPMs ~135 and then speed the final version upto ~150. This would theoretically leave room for come complex elements. Or would it sound too squashed?

I still listen to artists like battle of the future buddhas and psygone. The tempo can compare to those on lyserg lessons but music still tells a story. To me it really comes down to expressing emotion through music. Dark/Night psy has never meant anything more than getting freaked out or freaking out on the floor. But 'good' music HAS been made at hi bpms although nowadays everyone seems to have forgotten the magic that Goa trance style created on a dancefloor.
:smoke2:

Posted : Jun 23, 2006 09:22
about slowing it down to 135 and then speeding it up to 150 or watever .. i dont think so .. well u may loop a few bars here n there and slow it down to get some arrangement right . but not starting from 135 and going up .. stuff that sounds nice in slower music wudnt necesarly feel right in the higher bpms .. but thats also a matter of how people go about constructing their music ... and yes nothing like a wailing oldskool 303 to get ur spirits up , specially morning time <3 goatrance
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 152bpm
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance