Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest

Loke

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:36
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 03:46, Barakuda wrote:

as far as the music I play, let me give the name of the artists I tend to play most lately and for those that think my sets are cheesy then you defenitly should not go out and by any of there music, here we go with some artists to name a few that repeatedly appear in my sets.

Artifakt
Shift
Slug
Menog
Brethren
Phatmatix
Multistate
Hujaboy
Rastaliens
U-Recken
Principles of Flight
Khopat
RinkaDink

Your wlecome to come over and rock out London town anytime you like with tunes from all those guys amigo!!
PsyDrama
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:56
Thank god some of the big kids have come out to express their thoughts -- I was afraid the all the kiddie jibber jabber would be too loud to talk over. Chino some Cheddar for me pleeeeease
Positive Reaction
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 06:04
I enjoyed everyone's set because everyone was playing psytrance! Thanks guy's!
Sorry I had to bail out before I grabbed a bite to eat!
Was really fun watching the party be taken down. -Michael
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 06:19
@ Loke: hey mate, IM gonna catch ya @ BOOM so look out for me, we're gonna pound a few for sure

I thought Meta's set was very powerful! he played at the perfect time in my opinion. its so cool to see him in action after knowing him all these years...he's come so far in production....really cool to hear his new unreleased tracks! in my opinion it was definitely more on the morning side, but I think that the term "twilight" fits him more properly.

I think its important people post exactly how they feel, whether its disrespectful or not, unless its at an inappropriate time and place, which isratrance is not (at least in this country, where we all are encouraged to speak our minds). I agree that we should all give andy and spyros our upmost respect because without them, we wouldnt have much of a psyscene in southern california. however, if someone feels they should give their opinion, by all means I encourage it, though I do think it should be done tactful.

it was interesting to see so many new faces....in fact I feel that I hardly knew anybody...which is really cool for me, it gives me hope that psy is still alive.

I appreciate everyones positive feedback about my set, it keeps me optimistic about taking the time to spend hours in the studio creating music, which honestly I've had trouble with lately. I truly had a special experience performing.....especially since I had my dad standing behind me for my entire performance, watching me. Ive never had any family member see me perform in the 9 years Ive been performing. wow.

I think one of the highlights of my set was when I dropped the new (and unreleased thus far) Gidra track called "Adam Leatherface" from the upcoming Samsara Comp, which the isra link for the info is here: http://forum.isratrance.com/va-rajdhani-xpress-the-sound-of-india-coming-soon/41-131623/
(its the track with the addams family sample) and I also dropped a few of the tracks from the upcoming parvati rec comp, one of them got a great response, but one of them was a very dirty track I will not drop again, so be warned for this comp..it might be a bit disappointing if your expectations are high

@kahn: dude, bro.....I appreciate the praise for the nightime sets....and I know you are a dj of "happy full-on morning" or whatever you label it as, but I think your post showed your lack of intelligence on the subject, and I think its safe to say, even though I am not a member of Psytribe, that due to your post you probably wont have a chance to demonstrate your definition of good music at an event of this caliber in california. oh well.

highlights of the event for me were Konflux and Dai (and Meta of course)....you dudes never fail to impress me. I napped and then woke up to armando and the dance floor was still full-blast:)

BGM is .....a good friend of mine:) sometimes he cant mix a drink though:) hahahahaha

some criticism on the party: more deco would be nice....I dont know why that department was lacking this time around. if you guys need help, let me know. also the sound system couldve been better. honestly I was constantly questioning whether or not the sound guy knew what he was doing. also, thanx for letting me play the 2 hour downtempo opening set, but the guy after me and before BGM was kinda obnoxious..that was not psychedelic, dudes.

keep going Psytribe, you are the true pinnacle of the so-cal psy scene....never die
          info/tourdates/psy
http://soundcloud.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.facebook.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.beatspace.com
3rd Album \\\"Equations\\\" on 2to6 records
PsyLight

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 06:29
Ok, my ego will take a back seat on this post.

My first post was harsh. Barakuda, I apologize. I should show a little more respect, I think. It is you (and psytribe) who put on the party and it is you who gets in front of positive people and make them dance, not me. I was being the opposite of what the scene is supposed to be.

Over the past few parties, I suppose Barakuda's sets havent "been for me" because of my own changing tastes in psy.

Funny thing is, I enjoy most if not all of the artists Barakuda just listed, which strikes me as strange.

And as much as I like dark, I do enjoy morning psy as well, many melodic israeli artists too, such as Vibe Tribe.

So in conclusion, I showed lack of respect to someone very important to this la scene, which I am now I part of. You wont hear any more negativaty out of me, I assure you.

gattomatto

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 07:01
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 06:19, Bodhi 13:20 wrote:
if someone feels they should give their opinion, by all means I encourage it, though I do think it should be done tactful.

kind of like:

Quote:
the other djs/artists sets were just shit as far as I'm concerned, but that's just my opinion, I'm more into trippy style music.

posted in:

http://forum.isratrance.com/timeshift-mojave-3-17-07-xyla-fria-dylalien-dai-liam-shy-greenman-leo-more/page5/

;-p
gattomatto

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 07:07
I also find it funny, Barakuda's sets being referred to as fullon cheese... now that's a good one. now, *my* sets are fullon cheese, ok? i've found andy's sets to be melodic power fullon generally speaking... so strange, how people's perceptions can be so different when listening to the same things! yes, that is why as DJs we all need to not get too offended if someone doesn't like what we play. the tastes in our scene are really so wide and varied. it is really a rare few that enjoy the full spectrum. and even if they normally do like the sound we bring, but didn't like our set, well you can *never* please everyone. i've had sets where the entire floor went crazy and had a good friend say they didn't like a single track i played.. i've had sets where i didn't even enjoy it myself and people said it was the best ever! andy, spyros, dai, konflux, and the rest of psytribe, i couldn't make it to the party but i always offer my support to you all and respect each of you incredibly. glad to read all the nice comments about the party.
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 07:23
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 07:01, gattomatto wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 06:19, Bodhi 13:20 wrote:
if someone feels they should give their opinion, by all means I encourage it, though I do think it should be done tactful.

kind of like:

Quote:
the other djs/artists sets were just shit as far as I'm concerned, but that's just my opinion, I'm more into trippy style music.

posted in:

http://forum.isratrance.com/timeshift-mojave-3-17-07-xyla-fria-dylalien-dai-liam-shy-greenman-leo-more/page5/

;-p

yes gattomatto, exactly like that:)

I suppose your point being that "tactfulness" is also a subjective term. ....... good point:)           info/tourdates/psy
http://soundcloud.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.facebook.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.beatspace.com
3rd Album \\\"Equations\\\" on 2to6 records
psyclops

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 09:02
This is sad. Reading this negative crap makes me sick. Reading the criticism about Andy just burns me up. You people wouldn't even have some of these parties if it were for Andy. Don't you freaking realize that? Then you have the guts to criticize his sets as if he is trying to be something he isn't. Like he is reaching for some formula to his music. I have known and played music with Andy since 2000. He has never changed the way he plays. It pisses me off to hear some jerk put him down like that. Unbelievable. As far as I am concerned the people who disrespected Andy should just stay home the next time we have a party. Plain and simple.
PsyLight

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 09:20
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 09:02, psyclops wrote:
You people wouldn't even have some of these parties if it were for Andy. Don't you freaking realize that?

Actually I do. Read above. I realized I made a grave mistake by disrespecting him. If I have criticisms, then, as was mentioned by someone, they should be done tactfully. I certainly didnt use tact. That is why I apologized.
Yes I had the audacity to write something negative, but at least I had the manhood to realize what I did was wrong and put my ego aside to say sorry.

spikeadelic

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 09:52
Gidra track called "Adam Leatherface" that track was out of this world
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 10:08
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 03:46, Barakuda wrote:
Barakuda Here

its funny to me because, if you did not like the morning music that was played after Meta then you probably never liked the morning music at a PsyTribe party, because it has always been pretty much the same through out the years, of course evolving and changing a little with time but not much, and that goes for my sets aswell since I have played at every Psytribe party in eleven years.

Maybe it's not an issue of not liking it, but the fact that music as an art form is ALWAYS changing, and so why should we still be listening to the same morning music from years back? Yes, classics can be good, but new/fresh stuff is what keeps the scene new and creative.

I do think that people read into my (and others') comments too deeply, and are taking offense.

If you look at my original post, I state that although morning full on is my favorite genre, I definitely enjoyed all the dark psytrance throughout the night; especially Konflux Dai and Bodhi. In fact, I enjoyed all the music at the party through and through. The only thing I really said is that the morning that was played was not as powerful as it could have been. I think the fact that it's old music speaks for itself. Just in the past couple years, morning full on has undergone a powerful transformation. What may have been good music a few years ago, is still good music, but it's not fresh. A mainstream trance DJ can't get away with playing 'Sandstorm' these days, so why should our scene be any less fresh?

Whether you like dark, or you like morning, or you like it all, we can all come together and enjoy these events together, and that's the amazing part about all of this.

Of course I'm not trying to place myself on a pedestal here. I too think that criticism is productive, and evidence that we do care about this scene, and how alive and growing this scene is.

And for the record, I have nothing but the utmost respect for ALL the dj's involved in our beautiful psytrance scene, and this most definitely includes Spyro and Andy. Just as Matt says, you can't please everybody with a set. Having respect for a person, and enjoying their set is an entirely different issue. I wasn't putting down the music that was played, but pointing out the music that was not, but could have been played.

I hope that nobody reads too deeply into my comments, just an opinion afterall.
alfreak
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 10:53
blaaah blaaaaahhh blaah blaaa blah BLAH!! BLAH!! BLAAAAH!!! blaaaaaaa!! blaaaaaah!

just tell me this wasnt fun...

-PaRtYcLeS aLL oVeR tHE WoOdS

http://soundcloud.com/odalfer
http://soundcloud.com/groups/more-techno-house-minimal-progress-ive
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 10:55
Awesome video!
chino cochino

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 11:14
Quote:

The only thing I really said is that the morning that was played was not as powerful as it could have been. I think the fact that it's old music speaks for itself.

------------------------------------------------======
Of course I'm not trying to place myself on a pedestal here.

OLD MUSIC!!!!!just get off it you are making yourself sound worst and worst... buy the way that was Andy on the video. not hard psssssss please don't make me laugh
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance