Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest

Jeto

Started Topics :  258
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 03:33
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 20:40, ohmshantiohm wrote:

now can we all just eat some acid????

Come on man, no drug talk allowed on the forum.           https://www.djjeto.com
AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 03:52
^^ lol, sorry dude!
gattomatto

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 04:33
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 03:02, kahn wrote:

Following Meta, it should have been a return to the psy schedule, and some nice fat morning beats. I know I might be in somewhat of a minority here, but I myself am a big fan of the morning beats (this is what I mix as well). Following these amazing dark beats from beyond, it would have been great to experience the FULL SPECTRUM of psytrance, and break all the terror and darkness of night with some happy uplifting morning full on. While it seemed like some attempt was made at this, it appeared to me (as a connoisseur of morning full on of sorts), that of all the genres covering the psy spectrum, Morning Full-On really got the shaft in this case. We got a few hints of happyness poking through during the early hours of Spyros' set (and no offense Spyros, nothing but love), but I was disappointed after hearing some amazing Full On buildups dropped back down to some more typical dark-ish/minimal basslines.

With the coming of the sun, and I was not alone in this train of thought, it would have been amazing to have some euphoric morning beats to go along with the beautiful sunrise.

Minimal melody, heavy percussion psytrance is not a substitute for happy melodic morning full on.

Of course this is not what all DJ's prefer to mix themselves, and I am all for letting DJ's control for themselves what music they play. So, if it's really an issue, book somebody who likes to play this stuff.

yo stephen.. wanted to pipe in here, i don't think u quite get why people were upset at your comments. yes, you praised everyone, we all get it. but your comments, they are pretty ballsy, especially for someone who is fresh in the scene. you basically come off like a know-it-all psy critic, even going so far as to critique individual sets and they way they ebb and flow and such. that's a lot to say for *anyone*, regardless of how many years you've put in behind the decks...
spikeadelic

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 04:55
This is why I go to PSYTRBE's event's we are Family and we protect each other I will see you all at part 3
Jewbacca

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 06:42
god damn i miss you guys.
you know people always talk and complain about the good parties, i'm glad to hear that it went so well
and Andy, you know some of your tracks are cheesy NOT IN A BAD WAY, but a fun way. you know that Sabertooth track you opened with at part 1 was awesomely cheesy (kinda like cheetos) but thats why your sets are soo fun
chino cochino

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 07:19
you call that a compliment Matt ... i think u burned too many brain cells . and one more thing. I HATE CHEETOS!
Jewbacca

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 07:44
yes it was meant as a compliment, i have yet to hear a set by any of the psytribers that was terrible. and everyone enjoys a little cheese once in awhile, I know i like that cheesy full on sound (there is a limit to the cheese but yea), its got more to it, more for your brain to get lost in when your dancing. also Emi might be able to answer this best but doesn't cheese go great with w(h)ine?
so yes, i mean to compliment not insult.
chino cochino

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 08:15
so does a tree stump
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 10:48
Quote:

On 2008-04-30 04:33, gattomatto wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 03:02, kahn wrote:

Following Meta, it should have been a return to the psy schedule, and some nice fat morning beats. I know I might be in somewhat of a minority here, but I myself am a big fan of the morning beats (this is what I mix as well). Following these amazing dark beats from beyond, it would have been great to experience the FULL SPECTRUM of psytrance, and break all the terror and darkness of night with some happy uplifting morning full on. While it seemed like some attempt was made at this, it appeared to me (as a connoisseur of morning full on of sorts), that of all the genres covering the psy spectrum, Morning Full-On really got the shaft in this case. We got a few hints of happyness poking through during the early hours of Spyros' set (and no offense Spyros, nothing but love), but I was disappointed after hearing some amazing Full On buildups dropped back down to some more typical dark-ish/minimal basslines.

With the coming of the sun, and I was not alone in this train of thought, it would have been amazing to have some euphoric morning beats to go along with the beautiful sunrise.

Minimal melody, heavy percussion psytrance is not a substitute for happy melodic morning full on.

Of course this is not what all DJ's prefer to mix themselves, and I am all for letting DJ's control for themselves what music they play. So, if it's really an issue, book somebody who likes to play this stuff.

yo stephen.. wanted to pipe in here, i don't think u quite get why people were upset at your comments. yes, you praised everyone, we all get it. but your comments, they are pretty ballsy, especially for someone who is fresh in the scene. you basically come off like a know-it-all psy critic, even going so far as to critique individual sets and they way they ebb and flow and such. that's a lot to say for *anyone*, regardless of how many years you've put in behind the decks...

Ok, I'm sorry that my comments have come off that way. That really is not my intention. The only psy genre I do feel that I know well is what I personally like and listen to, and the rest of it I'm still learning about as I go. I guess I come off a bit too bold sometimes... sorry for that; I really don't want to alienate anybody here.

Honestly, I only made the post to begin with because I was under the impression that honest feedback was encouraged, and didn't mean any of it as an insult to anybody here or anywhere.

I would like to say, that even though I might be fairly new to the music and the scene, that shouldn't make my own musical opinion any less valid. It's just a matter of taste afterall. Regarding my comments on the flow of the sets, this was just another matter of taste and observation. I don't think it necessarily takes an expert to notice an interruption in a natural flow. But as one can see, many people had different points of view on this. And as far as critiquing people's sets, I think that everybody who played was "mixing" well (NOBODY played badly), and so my comments really only applied to flow and track selection. And for the record, if the roles were reversed, and I had been playing at an event, and people were critiquing me, I would welcome the criticism. The best way an artist can improve is from constructive criticism. And I think it's worth re-pointing out, that the only reason I would make the comments is because I care, and obviously sensed great talent from ALL artists involved.

And for the record, I LOVE the stuff that you mix Matt.

In the future, I'll be a bit more choosy with what I say/post, so as not to step on any toes; because I do have a lot of respect for everybody in our music scene, and wouldn't want anybody to think otherwise.
Desert Goddess

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 19:44
I forgot to extend a special thank you to Sivan and Julie who watched my kid all morning and made sure she didn't fall in the creek

As for criticizing people's music... why don't you just go up and tell them what you think to their faces? If you're gonna have something negative to say, they should at least hear it from you directly.           As you may have noticed, I'm not all here myself... Check out Cheshire Moon Clothing for some psychedelic threads! http://www.myspace.com/cheshiremoonclothing
lolita

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 20:28

Psytribe is just love. the sweet veterans of our Clam.
this kind of criticism and bad judgment shows me than there are idiots also on our private world. too bad. ... and I know who you are. find a girl friend. that is my recommendation.
thank you Psytribe for the quality time.
thank you Manny and Rie for the gourmet quesadilha, it did help a lot for the drive back. "till next time.

kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 20:53
Yeah, well I'm not about to go telling people I don't like their set, when in fact I thought everybody did a great job, and I did enjoy their sets. (I'm not the guy who said ANYTHING about Barrakuda). My comments of "criticism" really only applied to music that simply wasn't there, a branch of psy that got somewhat excluded.

There is nobody who is directly to blame for this fact, and thus there is really no better place I can think to bring this up. *shrug*
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 1, 2008 05:45
Uploaded some video montage love here:

Great party, thanks again PsyTribe crew, resident and guest DJs, and everyone that went out for a good time.
AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 1, 2008 06:01
^^^ nice video man, some cool tracks as well!
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 1, 2008 06:40
Thanks!

Better quality high res flash version finally finished transcoding here:
http://jdsvids.blip.tv/#875147
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance