Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest

PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 02:15
Barakuda's set was not his best in the FOUR WHOLE YEARS I've been involved in this amazing scene, but I've heard way worse from people other than him.

He doesn't always mix in key, and that grates on some people. Matthias/Sunbyte mixes in key almost religiously - and I recommend all DJs to do this - but he tends to play flowery or melodic morning/early afternoon stuff, which MANY longtime psyfanatics will consider "cheesy".

Instead of immediately turning your head off when you hear something you don't like, go talk to people, make friends, have a conversation with the DJ you liked the most (YOU MIGHT LEARN THINGS!!), or take a nap.

If you'd stayed for Alfreeky, I think you might have heard the full-on that is neither 'Kuda nor Sunbyte - and I think you'd have liked it. I know the dancefloor did.

(Still upset I "missed" Meta's set - I saw it, but I don't think what I heard or experienced during that time was what he was playing. Good thing I have access to a recording.)
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 02:36
I heard Bodhi Rocked it from my fellow trusted silly qwackazz!!!            "On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 02:53
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 02:15, PsyCore wrote:

(Still upset I "missed" Meta's set - I saw it, but I don't think what I heard or experienced during that time was what he was playing.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6988/hawq4.jpg          http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
PsyCore

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 02:54
Yeah I think it might have been the best Bodhi set I've heard yet. I brought two friends who had never been to a psy event (one is a former house DJ from back in the day) and they thought he ROCKED.

EDIT: roffle @ meta's link... there's always Gemini!!!
Barakuda
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 03:46
Barakuda Here

These posts are funny because in the eleven years I have been playing at events these are the most negative and harsh remarks I have ever gotten about a set of mine, I actually cant remember a negative remark posted about a set of mine ever,

its funny to me because, if you did not like the morning music that was played after Meta then you probably never liked the morning music at a PsyTribe party, because it has always been pretty much the same through out the years, of course evolving and changing a little with time but not much, and that goes for my sets aswell since I have played at every Psytribe party in eleven years.

I must admit if you like dark trance you probably think my sets are cheesy, but I think I tend to look for tracks that are well produced hard, energetic, melodic and yes sometimes epic, but mostly I think I try to keep it fun even though for a few of you its torture and you have to run away from the music and hike up a hill but for the majority, they are in front of me on the dance floor going nuts, believe me if I did not get so much posative reaction throughout the years I would change my style or stop doing what I am doing. but that very posative reaction is what keeps me going, I know you cannot please everybody but hopefully the majority.

as far as the music I play, let me give the name of the artists I tend to play most lately and for those that think my sets are cheesy then you defenitly should not go out and by any of there music, here we go with some artists to name a few that repeatedly appear in my sets.

Artifakt
Shift
Slug
Menog
Brethren
Phatmatix
Multistate
Hujaboy
Rastaliens
U-Recken
Principles of Flight
Khopat
RinkaDink

Spyros

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 03:50
i had a great time. by far the most people ive ever seen at that location. we almost had to turn people away due to the parking shortage.
i enjoyed all the sets from start to finish.thanks to all the djs for there love.
a special thanks to Meta for his great all around vibe,and to Chino,Nichole ,Josh and Vasili for all the love and energy they put into the production.
PsyCore

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 03:58
Artifakt?! His music is SOOOOO cut-and-paste.

and Rinkadink? Very unoriginal, that guy.

/sarcasm

@ Andy

Ready for MixedInKey yet?
chino cochino

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 04:00
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 19:10, PsyLight wrote:

Another huge negative, just like every Psytribe party: Barakuda. The Full On Cheese Scene. I suppose this criticism is a matter of taste. While I enjoy all psytrance, I am not a fan cheesy-ness nor of his attempts to make full on sound "epic". At least he gives us the signal when to leave the party.

I find this post so immature. by far Barakudas set was not cheesy at all . it might of been epic but not cheesy. from what i was able to see while dancing my ass off to Barakudas set was that the dancefloor was full with all our friends and bunch of people i've never seen stomping and smiling .i think it's disrespectful to say negative things about anyone .if u got nothing nice to say don't say it at all . i'm grateful to my parents for teaching me that .i understand that every one is entitle to their own opinion but why put someone down in order to make yourself feel better. it disrespectful to do a posting like this . noone forces you to come to an event .if i don't like the line up i just won't go to it .
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 04:45
Holy crap, I missed reading that post the first time around. Everyone is entitled to their musical opinion, but publicly disrespecting a Psytribe founder who has tirelessly worked to bring parties to LA for over ten years... not ok.

Even if Andy was an objectively TERRIBLE DJ(he isn't, he is one of my favorite morning DJs, but for the sake of argument)... like... you don't post stuff like that on message boards about someone that is providing you with parties.

This thread has reminded me of a lot of the debates and complainers we had in the SF scene during the 2000-2003 time period. We were quite spoiled, we had very many regular parties with headliners every single month all year thanks to just one or two promoters, and towards the end people took it for granted and constantly complained and stopped supporting the scene if people weren't playing exactly the kind of trance they wanted to hear ALL THE TIME or because promoters couldn't find a magically perfect club that could go all night with zero security guards.

Now, most of those promoters have quit and the scene is a shell of its former self... I wonder why...

Be happy for what you have here, people. Andy and Spyros and the whole Psytribe crew are a blessing on Southern California. Life without them doing what they do might be a lot quieter than you imagine...

http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
chino cochino

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:00
thank you meta . your set was wonderful and thank you for reminding us not to bite the hand that feeds you . and now that i got it out of my system i feel like having some cheese. some jalapeno jack sounds good
chino cochino

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:09
Quote:

On 2008-04-28 03:02, kahn wrote:

. We all know Meta mixes dark though, and this would have been much more pleasant to place Meta somewhere in the lineup 2am-4am, but not afterward; especially not after the Dark Psy barrier had really been broken to make way for morning beats. It just felt like we traveled back 6 hours or so when his set came on, and it didn't flow well.

I completly disagree with you i think Meta is morning if u think Meta is dark then what would you call bodhi ?
spikeadelic

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:19
what are all these comments what happened to the open mind if you shut out then that is when you are really lost every dj played great if you really started to listen to the music instead of thinking you know everything you would of had a good time
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:25
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 05:09, chino cochino wrote:

I completly disagree with you i think Meta is morning if u think Meta is dark then what would you call bodhi ?

Mind shredding

I don't really take offense when someone thinks I am in the wrong timeslot for one reason or another, my music ranges from really fluffy in some songs, over to what is definitely harder nighttime music in another, if you just wander into one of my sets at two random times you are likely to hear stuff at different ends of the trance spectrum.

Some of my newer unreleased tracks are definitely on the darker side and I almost didn't include them because of the timeslot, but I figured what's the point of doing a live set if you don't play your newest unreleased tracks...
          http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
spikeadelic

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:28
FULL POWER PSYTRANCE
BOOOOOOOOM !!!
Loke

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 05:30
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm soooo gutted to have missed this party guys. With all this little girl bullshit getting posted on here there is only one explanation.... SKY ROCKETS TO THE MOON THANKS TO QUALITY PRODUCTS THAT DO EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN!!! Sounds like a proper wrecking ball battered EVERYONE sideways this weekend.

L.A. has a great scene and never heard anything like this on the forums before.... must of been one hell of a party but remember kids... what goes up must come down!! (and thats why annonymous forums were invented to jibber jabber away on when your not dealing with your comedowns )

Keep it rockin psytribe and lookin forward to catching some of you crazy critters at the bar psyde @ BOOM.... JOLLY GOOD!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 04/26/2008, BACK TO NATURE: PART II by PsyTribe, So-Cal Forest
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance